Use \ before commas in usernames
Can't wait to watch this  Grin
Catchin' them all
Amazing. I can't wait for the final run. Good luck Dragondarch. Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
This is going to be sweet, I've already got the Doom Island music in my head

da  dadadaaaa  dadadaaaa  dadadaaaaa da da da da daaaaa
Pudding%
FINISHED! After a year and a half or so of research, planning, attempts, re-attempts, and other assorted stuff, this run is complete!

The game clear screen displays a clear time of 3:24. However, I did a menu dive one space from where I lose control of Maxim and the clock showed 3:11. Yes, the ending/credits are actually counted in the clear time. Whichever time Mike/Nate/whoever decides to use is fine by me, I just figured I'd show both in case there's any controversy.
Fucking Weeaboo
w00t!  (Merriam-Webster's word of the year!)

Can't wait to see this.
Since the credits were included in my Lufia 1 run, I'm going to guess the credits are included.

Did you let the data screen play at the end too?
Edit history:
Enhasa: 2007-12-12 04:32:24 pm
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
I don't think I've ever been more excited by anything during my time at SDA. Smiley
Pudding%
Quote:
Did you let the data screen play at the end too?

Where do you think I got the 3:24 figure from?  Wink
Waiting hurts my soul...
Woo hoo! I'll definitely watch this.  Also, I'll watch the Ogre Battle run if you're doing that next.  That was such a fun game, although doesn't seem to be as popular as other SNES strategy RPGs...
I completely forgot Lufia 2's data screen had the time as well.

I really want to complete the Lufia series, and since the deadline draws near, I suppose I'll just get some route planning done for Lufia: The Ruins of Lore.
100% runs=great to watch
Quote:
I completely forgot Lufia 2's data screen had the time as well.

I really want to complete the Lufia series, and since the deadline draws near, I suppose I'll just get some route planning done for Lufia: The Ruins of Lore.

If that was the handheld one....all I know for sure is GHOULS/ZOMBIES...whatever they were called early in the game.  They drop silver swords or something of that sort which are quite strong and profitable.
Quote:
Woo hoo! I'll definitely watch this.  Also, I'll watch the Ogre Battle run if you're doing that next.  That was such a fun game, although doesn't seem to be as popular as other SNES strategy RPGs...

You might be thinking of the Genesis, because I thought Ogre Battle was definitely the most popular SNES one. (I can't even think of any other US-released strategy RPGs on the system.)

Quote:

Where's the love for The Legend Returns on GBC? I liked that game a bunch more than Ruins of Lore actually. Of course nobody would argue that the 2 best games aren't the SNES ones though.
I've actually never played the GBC one because I never found it.  I want to play it for the sole purpose of finishing the series proper.

I also found an insane way to take out the final boss in one hit online in that game.  Now I just have to find a copy.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote:
You might be thinking of the Genesis, because I thought Ogre Battle was definitely the most popular SNES one. (I can't even think of any other US-released strategy RPGs on the system.)

I didn't have a Genesis.  I just don't remember hearing much praise about it back in the day.  You're right though, I can't think of any other strategy RPGs for SNES.

Back to getting on topic, I hope you submit your run soon, and those other runs you submitted get verified.  I can't imagine it'd be that hard to get verified for Goonies II and Legacy of the Wizard... gosh I get off topic quickly.  Grin
Silver Hawk!
Congrats!  I've gotten back into the first Lufia again, and this time I intend to finish it.

As for other strat RPGs on SNES, Bahamut Lagoon.  Sorta.
Reread it, I said US-released. Tongue There's tons and tons of strategy RPGs on the Japanese SFC. The reason I make the distinction is because we were talking about how popular OB was compared to other SNES strategy RPGs. Unless you played Bahamut Lagoon on cart when it came out, I'm sure you see my point.
Boards of Canada!
Congrats on finishing this run in an amazing time! Well done!
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote:
Reread it, I said US-released. Tongue There's tons and tons of strategy RPGs on the Japanese SFC. The reason I make the distinction is because we were talking about how popular OB was compared to other SNES strategy RPGs. Unless you played Bahamut Lagoon on cart when it came out, I'm sure you see my point.

I never imported anything, so I've only followed and played US releases.  Any way, I won't derail this topic any further.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2007-12-15 03:20:00 am
My feelings on The Demon Rush
So you guys, I thought everyone was hyped up about this run so much, that they would let Dragondarch teabag them at least 10 times before complaining about the taste.

But I haven't received many verifiers. I figure some of you getting hype in this topic have beaten the game, so PM me.

EDIT: I have enough verifiers now, thanks for offering.
Silver Hawk!
Quote:

Ah, I didn't see that the first time. 

Hell, I didn't even know what a strat RPG was until about 8 months ago. Grin
I technically shouldn't be saying this yet, but this run is already past verification (which we all knew would happen) and should go up soon, so whatever.

This is my favorite run on all of SDA. Honest.

I feel bad even questioning anything at all about this run, but there were some things I guess.

Some moves (like spells) take a long time, so maybe it's possible in places to optimize battle time instead of number of actions. Although I know heavy manipulation is going on, and typically those two are the same since you want to avoid the enemies taking more turns = slower.

Sometimes (later on in the game) I felt there was a little too much buying going on (even though this game and also DD play lightning fast so that is not much of a concern). Also occasionally too many chests picked up, again later on. I know much of it is just picked up to be sold for money, but since I wondered about some of the stuff that was bought, these kinda go hand in hand.

Also with some of the selling, some stuff gets sold that only goes for like 10g and doesn't even matter. Although I think the answer for this is that since your cursor is passing over it, you might as well hit A. Plus when you sort later, your inventory will be cleaner.
Sweet, can't wait to see this run!

I think I usually beat this game in around 20-30 hours (granted, I did pretty much everything), so it should be very interesting to see it beaten in under 4 hours.
Pudding%
Quote:
Some moves (like spells) take a long time, so maybe it's possible in places to optimize battle time instead of number of actions. Although I know heavy manipulation is going on, and typically those two are the same since you want to avoid the enemies taking more turns = slower.

Answered your own question there Wink

Quote:
Sometimes (later on in the game) I felt there was a little too much buying going on (even though this game and also DD play lightning fast so that is not much of a concern). Also occasionally too many chests picked up, again later on. I know much of it is just picked up to be sold for money, but since I wondered about some of the stuff that was bought, these kinda go hand in hand.

Probably referring to The junk I bought in Narvick (the armor, which I probably didn't need all of, but Selan's DEF needed to be high to deal with Dark Fry).
Not sure where the "too many chests" comes in, as the only things that were picked up solely for resale were the 4 early game Miracles (for Big Boomer expenses), the Cursed Bow, and the Boom Sword (neither of which is out of the way).
If you're referring to the Bright Armor, that was picked up to resist Paralysis vs. Daos.
And if the Sonic Ring is in question, that was used to make Artea faster than the Fire Dragon, Gades, and Amon.

Quote:
Also with some of the selling, some stuff gets sold that only goes for like 10g and doesn't even matter. Although I think the answer for this is that since your cursor is passing over it, you might as well hit A. Plus when you sort later, your inventory will be cleaner.

Exactly right. I was originally not going to sell the junk that wasn't worth anything...then I started getting annoyed with how far I'd have to move my cursor during battle. Note that the game clock stops while on shop menus anyway, so the time wasn't hurt at all.
Quote:
If you're referring to the Bright Armor, that was picked up to resist Paralysis vs. Daos.

According to my file, Terror Wave causes confusion, poison, and sleep with 20% probability each (but not paralysis), and none of his other attacks cause any statuses.
Pudding%
Huh, I could have sworn it caused Paralysis as well...
Guess the consolation is that is only took a handful of seconds to get.