Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Pudding%
The shadow room isn't that bad. It just takes a lot of patience to get to go correctly.
I could kill them, but it will take time, especially if I get 2. Lexis/Selan aren't exactly equipped to deal with these, seeing as their only weakness is Light. I keep one of the Gladius' from earlier for Maxim, and Guy will have the Undead Ring/some strong weapon. The 2 of them can take one easily enough.
There's one unskippable shadow on B3 on a bridge, but I can get a "Got in First" no problem.
This has nothing to do with the speed run, but does anyone find it funny that Maxim couldn't use an Escape or Swing Wing to leave Doom Island?

In addition, I always shed a tear at the ending of Lufia 2...

I should continue the Lufia runs and start a Lufia: The Ruins of Lore run.
Fucking Weeaboo
Yeah, but think about the consequences if he DID leave.

Parcelyte would have been completely destroyed, leading to the death of everybody, including his son.  Hence, we have MGS3 all over again (killed Otacon?  YOU FAIL).

And you can say that he used it after he broke the stones, but he can't there either....because well, you watch the ending and figure that one out.

Tack on the fact that he was grieving over the sudden death of his wife, well...blame it on the sudden inability to make a logical decision.  Or his desire to never leave her side.  One of the two.
Talk to the Hand
Quote:
Emptyeye: Did you play Lufia 1?  The prologue IS the ending to Lufia 2.

Again nothing to do with the run, but yes I did. Maybe that's where I remember it (I did remember in general that the beginning of 1 was the end of 2, as well as the fact that your characters in 1 were ludicrously overleveled, like somewhere in the low 80s if I remember right), although it was long enough ago that I couldn't recall if the two adhered exactly to one another or not (Additionally, I remember seeing that ship sequence, whereas I thought the prologue of 1 just started you right in the Shrine of Daos).

And thanks for answering my question. I had figured the switching of rows had something to do with either minimizing damage or actually maximizing it for more IP.
Quote:
Yeah, but think about the consequences if he DID leave.

Parcelyte would have been completely destroyed, leading to the death of everybody, including his son.  Hence, we have MGS3 all over again (killed Otacon?  YOU FAIL).

And you can say that he used it after he broke the stones, but he can't there either....because well, you watch the ending and figure that one out.

Tack on the fact that he was grieving over the sudden death of his wife, well...blame it on the sudden inability to make a logical decision.  Or his desire to never leave her side.  One of the two.

True.  Come to think of it, it's interesting how appropriate the second part of Lufia 2's ending is never told in Lufia 1, since Artea and Guy weren't there to see it happen.  All they know is that Doom Island changed its course to the land of Lufia 1.
Bring me the flaming voodoo canonball!
Still leaves open the question how Doom Island moved to the land of Lufia 3, and from 3 to the last land where we havent been yet.
I smell a scheme by Arek the Absolute
The weirdo all around you.
Phantom Renegade *-Indeed.
eh?
i thought the run is finnished? i'm missing the download link Roll Eyes
Quote:
eh?
i thought the run is finnished? i'm missing the download link Roll Eyes

The "test" run is complete, hence the V1.0 in the topic title.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Congrats dragonarch for completing the speedrun. Will wait for further updates and refinements in the future Smiley
Quote:
Treasure Sword Shrine
Enemies:
Pierre - 1000G
Daniele - 1000G
Pierre - 1000G*
Daniele - 1000G*

*I'm almost certain that Pierre & Daniele give more XP and Gold for the 2 Half-Party fights

Ive just played my own Lufia 2, and you are right, the 2 half parties get more gold and Exp.

Full party:
Pierre - 300exp and 1000gold
Daniele - Same as Pierre

Half Parties:
Pierre - 2300 exp and 4000gold
Daniele - same as Pierre
Pudding%
Quote:
Ive just played my own Lufia 2, and you are right, the 2 half parties get more gold and Exp.

Full party:
Pierre - 300exp and 1000gold
Daniele - Same as Pierre

Half Parties:
Pierre - 2300 exp and 4000gold
Daniele - same as Pierre

Cool. Master list changed to reflect this. Also removed the S-Mind Ring (which sells for 5500...slightly less than I just gained from the Pierre/Daniele fight) since I forgot that Artea was going to have the Sonic Ring so I can have him faster than the Fire Dragon.
Just in case you wanna check if the World's most difficult puzzle makes the run faster....

he does it in just a bit less than 3 minutes....
Those equips might make the run faster during some fights.....

Lizard Blow - 3x Damage to dragons - IP = Dragon
Mega Shield - IP = Iron Barrier
Legend Helm - IP = Boomerang
Holy Robe - IP = Crisis Cure - MGR+40

and of course the non-weapons have high defense.
Pudding%
Nope. Defense isn't an issue at that point, and the Lizard Blow would only be useful for the Fire Dragon fight...and money is a non-issue at that point as well.

For the Fire Dragon I have Maxim with the Freeze Sword and Evil Jewel (cursed, ATP +120) and Guy with the Flying Blow (IP - 3x damage to "Flying"). Artea is mostly healing (equipped with Cold Rapier, Sonic Ring, and Eagle Rock for a total of +45 AGL, so he ends up just barely faster than it) and attacks with Ice Valk when possible. Selan casts Ice Valk with the Ice Ring pumping the damage.
Boards of Canada!
Are you going sub 4 hours?
Quote:
Are you going sub 4 hours?

@dragonarch: Are you gonna try it, or are you gonna do a Retry run (4x exp and gold)???
Depends if you are also gonna do a V2.0 of your normal run of course.
This was his first run.  I'm sure he's going for improvements.
Pudding%
Yes, I'm going for sub 4 hours, and I'm hoping that this next one will be the final version. I'll be recording it regardless.

...I'd just assume not have to manipulate items any more than I have to  Wink
Its kinda too bad that TAS are not supported here...
Would have been fun doing a patched run with "Frue" Gades (the dummied out version, which was supposed to be on Doom Island and has better stats + 10000HP!!!)

Just finished Retry mode on my actual cardridge. I followed the same steps you posted here in the topic and got 3:53
2x more EXP and Gold, means higher levels and faster battles Tongue
Even though i probably should have run away from random encounters, and should have avoided some monsters.... Then the time could have been faster.

With Retry mode, fighting only Practice Dungeon and Cave to Sudletun Boss, i am LV7 0_o
that should make you faster then the damn Catfish.
100% runs=great to watch
There's always youtube, archive.org, and the like for a tricked out emu run I suppose.  Those glitch bosses do seem interesting in the extra challenge they would present.  Hell, folk wouldn't NEED to do a TAS per se...just get it enabled and play as normal.  Like FODA's stuff perhaps.
And dont forget Erim, who is restored to normal, giving her all her attacks, instead of the 2 (because of a ingame script bug).
Sorry fot he double post,

so what is the progress/status on your V2.0 run?
Pudding%
Sorry for lack of updates. I haven't actually started it yet. Guitar Hero addiction, work/sleep, social life, plus FF XII this week and Guitar Hero 2 next week (I'll have arthritis by the end of this year god dammit!).

Honestly the only thing I'm not looking forward to is manipulating the 3 drops I need, which is going to be the hardest part of the run. Everything else is gravy. It's more a matter of just getting that out of the way.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Quote:
Guitar Hero addiction, work/sleep, social life, plus FF XII this week and Guitar Hero 2 next week (I'll have arthritis by the end of this year god dammit!).

I know how you feel.  Plus, Final Fantasy III, Gears of War (for us 360 owners), Wii... ugh... 

But anyway...
Pudding%
Yeah, add that in too...

I'm gonna try and at least get the first segment out of the way (no randomness). Once I have the first one done I should have more motivation to get to the rest. The random drops are really annoying, though.