--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Ghoti: 2012-03-29 02:33:36 am
Currently occupying the grey area.
I thought i just got lucky. Oh well, the death made me think of this:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/billy_batson/all-images/108-400471/ffffuuuu/105-1600766/
$15 per rant/allegory
Ok, run is in for verification.

Get on it chums.
$15 per rant/allegory
Just thought I'd bump this thread as I know a few people are working on this.

I'm interested to see the new developments. I have a few things up my sleeve.
Who else picked this up recently? I only know of LicensetoBill and myself.

I'll start posting stuff though, game was a lot easier than I expected to pick up and the run is super fun, should have a high 1:3X:00 time soon I think. Note that any time save estimate I post is against Flickys SDA run because I have nothing else for reference really.

10 second time save that's super easy to do on Chapter 5.
$15 per rant/allegory
Yeah, Bayonetta is a great run to do. There's plenty of stuff out there and a whole SDA run to pick from, so should be good.

Boldrum and FakemasterPT are working on it right now. Fake helped with some of the strats back in 2012. This should get busted wide open with those working on it.
Takahashi Meijin
I need to buy a 360 again so I can play the only version of Bayonetta

all this 101 stuff is making me want to get all the pure platinums all over again haha
Seems like 5 minutes per run is my current improvement average, I really need to get consistent at a bunch of stuff and learn how to mash for Chapter 14 though, I'm well over a minute slower than I should be.

Current PB splits / time http://i.imgur.com/0zahwh5.jpg
Edit history:
flicky: 2014-01-29 11:01:47 am
$15 per rant/allegory
Cool stuff. Those are decent times for 7, 11, 12 and 15.

Also, thinking of trying to organise a race sometime soon to get the runners in contact with one another to swap ideas and so on.. Are you about this weekend at all?
I work weekends, so unfortunately not in the day time, Monday / Tuesday evenings are ideal for me, see when others are available I guess and I'll see when I can do.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from General_Beatrix:
I work weekends, so unfortunately not in the day time, Monday / Tuesday evenings are ideal for me, see when others are available I guess and I'll see when I can do.

I was thinking more 10pm Saturday
Quote from flicky:

I was thinking more 10pm Saturday

Yeah that I can manage, will probably be tired as hell but that's fine.
So this saves like no time at all I don't think, but using a Yellow lolly lets you walk backwards through the Ball section in Chapter 9 and do the skip without fear of being squashed, and lets you line up your camera perfectly for the landing, thought it was cute.

i picked it up again , i'm streaming some ng+ attempts in my channel. i got some cool strats to share.

So I'm just grinding out levels to learn how to adapt to enemy changes and bosses etc.

What the hell are you meant to do on Jeanne though? I'm used to playing MGR where every boss can be manipulated basically from start to finish, her block triggers are completely random and she runs away half the time automatically losing you tons of time. Chapter 2 especially, I get <25 second fights sometimes, other times she runs away for an extra 25 seconds.
She's an asshole, like that. Even just trying to PP anything with her in it is more frustrating than necessary. It's pretty funny because the enemy designer criticized Team Ninja's enemy AI for the same bullshit in his Bayo blog. With him at the helm for Bayo 2 I'm not too keen on what else he's got cooking.
So I'm just grinding out levels to learn how to adapt to enemy changes and bosses etc.

What the hell are you meant to do on Jeanne though? I'm used to playing MGR where every boss can be manipulated basically from start to finish, her block triggers are completely random and she runs away half the time automatically losing you tons of time. Chapter 2 especially, I get <25 second fights sometimes, other times she runs away for an extra 25 seconds.

what i usually do with her is pressuring her , with X (weak guns) so that she won't dodge for eternity
I was trying that, but it just felt like I was delaying the inevitable when I finally got close. Guess I'll play with it a bit more.
I was trying that, but it just felt like I was delaying the inevitable when I finally got close. Guess I'll play with it a bit more.

for regular % try to change walls so that you jump as closer as you can to jeanne , so that she will not have time to dodge the ppkkk
I'll give it a go, thanks
one thing i recently been doing is extending the combos by holding the last button so that she takes bullets when being trown away by wicked weaves , she actually takes a lot of damage that way
Nice to see some players on Bayonetta ! I am new into speedrunning that game , I will try to find some skips on it (not gonna be easy Undecided )
I wanted to try by myself the skip on the chapter found by General_Beatrix (Pewable already told me about that skip so it is not new to me , I just didn't knew how to do it.)
Anyways , I decided to run myself that chapter and I got the Xbox 360 world record with a time of 3:45.20 on normal NG+

Edit history:
FakemasterPT: 2014-02-01 01:49:00 am
FakemasterPT: 2014-02-01 01:48:10 am
Quote from MilsTailsPrower:
Nice to see some players on Bayonetta ! I am new into speedrunning that game , I will try to find some skips on it (not gonna be easy Undecided )
I wanted to try by myself the skip on the chapter found by General_Beatrix (Pewable already told me about that skip so it is not new to me , I just didn't knew how to do it.)
Anyways , I decided to run myself that chapter and I got the Xbox 360 world record with a time of 3:45.20 on normal NG+

when skipping cutscnes hold both triggers and press sleect , it's faster than pausing and pressing skip

about the magic flute , i think that is actually slower in ng+ RTA

This is my best time in NG+

http://www.twitch.tv/fakemasterpt/c/3642172 - 2:06:21 RTA not counting the first chapter
Quote from FakemasterPT:
Quote from MilsTailsPrower:

when skipping cutscnes hold both triggers and press sleect , it's faster than pausing and pressing skip

about the magic flute , i think that is actually slower in ng+ RTA

This is my best time in NG+

http://www.twitch.tv/fakemasterpt/c/3642172 - 2:06:21 RTA not counting the first chapter

Oh yeah TopTierAction told me about it in the comments section of my video ... I wasn't aware of it lol
I will take a look at your run soon!
The quick skip for cutscenes is just the right trigger and select. No need for both triggers.
Since some people have decided to start running this i might do some videos explaining some strats i use.

Bridge skip w/ yellow loli - http://www.twitch.tv/fakemasterpt/c/3660118
Chapter 6 laser strat w/ yellow loli - http://www.twitch.tv/fakemasterpt/c/3660162

I might add some more if people would like.