Smiley
Sad
<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Spent a couple days testing / rerouting stuff and cut 4 minutes almost, new PB is 2:10:08

Main things were only visiting the shop 5 times total, using Selenes Light, removing Kilgore from the route completely, using RB+P on most bosses (which is faster than Kilgore anyway for the most part), got the lucky Chapter 6 Cereza tunnel skip and just general good play / good rng.
Edit history:
Automne Eternel: 2014-06-23 09:23:36 am
Automne Eternel: 2014-06-23 09:22:22 am
Hi, here is a run I made that is faster by one minute.

I used a combination of skips and tricks you all provided and made some improvements myself, there is still some tricks that can be added to this particular run (like P Jump P before obtaining the air dodge to move faster).

I don't have a lot to say about this run, but the most noticeable time gained is from the earlier levels.

On a side note, I originally did not incorporate Kilgore in my routes, but I finally did to deal with the RNG in some boss fights (mostly Baldur).

This is actually an example of the route I am currently using, with excellent execution and moderately good RNG at least 2 minutes can be saved, I did not bother to provide such a run yet because I think the route can still be improved.

If you have any question about it I will answer them as soon as I notice them.
Edit history:
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-23 08:58:11 pm
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-23 08:36:50 pm
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-23 08:28:37 pm
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-23 08:21:41 pm
Cool, didn't know rotate stick + shoot did so much damage, that Chapter 1 time save is utterly ridiculous through using that. I've pretty much always ignored Magic Flutes too, guess they have a use after all.

Super interesting use of Shotguns on primary weapon slot, I've been too attached to Tetsu for Chapter 3.  You mentioned in the description on youtube two glitches that cannot be reproduced, I know one of them is the Chapter 6 Cereza Skip, what is the 30 seconds one you mentioned?

One thing I need to ask though, are you using a Turbo controller for QTEs?
Hai! About shooting with Full circle + P, it appears to me to do more damage after getting rid of some of the stone skin on the second beloved fight in chapter 1 (works on most enemies it seems), the head is also a weak spot, that's how I discovered some enemies have spots weak to Scarborough Fair's bullets, there might be variables to those type of damage (like distances from targets and witch time, as you can see against Fortitudo in chapter 1), I did not made further testing about that because of other weapons that are just way more efficient.

The only flutes I get in this run are the leftovers of one of my first routes, I used to get at least 20 of them...
Those 3 flutes make the run more consistent (less RNG), and always make you on par compared to a run that does not get them, for the least.

Yes I use the Onyx Roses as my primary damage dealer because it has potentially the most consistent damage output, it is especially interesting if you don't buy Tetsuzanko until a later stop at the shop.

About the glitches I mentioned. The second one I refer to is actually the "Cereza skip" in chapter 6. The first one occurs in the previous stage, it happened to me 4 to 5 times since I run the game. While fighting for the first time an Inspired in chapter 5, as soon as its health bar empties the enemy just dies (it explodes shinning with golden light like any other enemy) and skip totally the required scene to destroy it.
I talked a bit about this with Fakemaster sometime ago, we both had a theory. I personally forgot mine though.

And for your last question, I have to say no.
Edit history:
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-24 06:39:39 am
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-24 06:39:28 am
Only bad thing about getting Flutes is needing to get 90 points on that annoying mini-game, but they're definitely good for Chapter 2. I might look into saving the one used on Chapter 5 and using it on Chapter 12, at the end of the level against the big pack of Harmony enemies.

I've had the Inspired die instantly to me before, it generally happens when you go back and replay the stage or play on a save file that has already completed the level. I've never seen it happen on a new game run though.

Referring to the Turbo question, what is your method of tapping then? Because your QTEs are ridiculously fast.

Also I just tested, you can kill the Chapter 5 Inspired 3 times and not do the QTE and he just dies, the same way the Golem on Chapter IX dies if you just kill him 3 times. Not sure if its faster though.
Using a flute on the part you are talking about looks legitimately safe and good, but only for one reason you are maybe not aware.
In the beginning of The Broken Sky the first chest behind a double door contains a flute, it is right there so it can help if needed, but it is a little bit slower to grab it and use it for the Harmonies, there might be another spot where its use can save more time.
Personally I am satisfied with the way I beat the Harmonies there.

I also tried just beating up that Inspired, it's not faster, it makes way too much time getting up again. The Golems are way more appropriate enemies to use this technique on for sure, especially with a good RNG setup and timing to knock it out again.
Edit history:
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-24 07:24:56 am
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-24 07:21:12 am
Good point, I forgot that was there actually. Only reason I suggest the Chapter 12 Harmonies is because sometimes 1 will just fly away randomly, will test it anyway.

Actually why does this even matter, you can just Flute Glitch from Chapter 1 onward and not worry about picking anymore up.
We could even farm ingredients in breakable objects to get 10 of each in chapter 1 to create the flute, starting to use it immediately from the beginning and skipping the shooting gallery to get one, that way we could gain at least 30 seconds right from the beginning! Kappa b

Sincerely that flute in Broken Sky looks pointless to me. I don't see it used in an optimized run personally.
Ignoring the Flute in Broken Sky then, I'm going to test using the Flute Glitch in a load of places and see how the Halo count etc. looks mid way through the game, I've never honestly bothered to use Flutes at all for RTA runs, I'm intrigued.
Edit history:
Automne Eternel: 2015-03-25 07:54:06 pm
Automne Eternel: 2014-06-29 06:22:21 am
Automne Eternel: 2014-06-24 09:47:23 am
Automne Eternel: 2014-06-24 09:44:28 am
It would be interesting for sure, it would mostly looks like individual levels' strategies which I personally never thought looking for.

Converting strategies from ILs is maybe a way to go.

Edit: I am currently doing ILs and already snatched a few records on Xbox Live, I will post a playlist with the actual videos when I will be done trying this category.
Found a ton of stuff the last week or so. After finding you can jump cancel the Flute Glitch very easily I've incorporated it into most of the any% route now (saving 8 or more minutes alone). Using Flutes removes a large portion of RNG and has various other uses throughout the run, like completing a small puzzle faster, making Jeanne trivial and non-annoying etc. I found a new skip on Chapter 8 that completely removes the long Motorbike autoscroller saving 4-5 minutes. This is the fastest method I've found of doing it for RTA, there's a faster IGT method but that gives you a very long loading screen so isn't useful for RTA running.

So the flute glitch still works and so does skipping chapter 8 on the WiiU version. I couldnt skip the fight in chapter 6 but everything still works.
Find it pretty weird that after not fixing it for years they didn't fix it on a port either, but whatever, cool. I'll test everything myself tomorrow or Monday or something after I finish Bayo 2.
Nevermind, I was just doing the Ch.6 skip wrong because I forgot how the barrier drops. The WiiU version does have its own lag and framerate drops but in comparison to the 360 version I'm not sure. So far, they feel the same but I haven't played the 360 version enough to know for sure. Slowdown because of combat results on-screen is pretty stupid, though.
aka theenglishman
How's the framerate on WiiU relative to the 360 version?
Edit history:
Automne Eternel: 2014-11-18 09:03:30 am
Automne Eternel: 2014-11-18 08:42:28 am
Hello, I wanted to tell you that I'm currently active on the game lately, after watching all those awesome people streaming the re-release of the game the HYPE got to me, and I couldn't be on hiatus for too long anymore!

So I tweaked my route again and made a couple runs to the end, nothing major changed, just one strange thing that is happening to me recently is the increasing instant deaths of the first Inspired in chapter 5.

I can also safely announce that going under the 2 hour mark in a normal difficulty new game playthrough (without exploiting any flute) can be achieved!
I'm thinking about breaking that goal before posting any footage, uploading an entire run with a time I'm sure to beat in a close future is not something I am really fond of.

One last thing, I tried running while exploiting a flute and it's brain dead boring and requires little to no skill at all, I think I'll aim at the harder difficulties before looking into a category that uses that exploit after I sub 2.
Hi guys, I'm learning this game and writing a google doc for routes (using flicky's route) and was wondering if I could get some tips on the newer things not done on his run.
I'm looking at the Ch. 8 skip but wondering if there's anything more. I'm running it on the Wii U version (somewhat slow load times but fps is on par with 360).
Thanks!
The route has changed a ton since Flicky did any routing, pretty much nothing in that route is relevant anymore assuming you mean the notes on the SDA KB. The latest uploaded routes/runs are my 1:53 any% and Automnes 2:08 any% no flutes but it's pretty much given that 2 hours can be broken on any% no flutes given that Autmones run didn't have a 5 minute skip in it and other things have been found since.

Also Automne doesn't post strats until he has them in a run which is pretty lame, so we don't know all the latest strats and I haven't played or routed the game for like 6 months.
Thanks General. I'll watch his run and try to glean any tech/strats I can. I've also been watching your flutes run to get an idea for a glitched run.

Automne: I'm wondering where/how you use the small red lolli you bought before Chapter 3
Edit history:
General_Beatrix: 2015-01-10 09:40:28 pm
General_Beatrix: 2015-01-10 09:40:13 pm
Automne do you have any intention of posting either a new run or at least all the new strats you've found? I'm going to be running Bayo 1 any% no flutes / Bayo 2 again at the moment but I don't really want to waste my time when people are hiding strats for months.
Yeah, any strat sharing would be awesome and with your permission I could type it into my route doc.
My any% no IFG route guide is up as first draft. Read through it and let me know of any discrepancies. Thanks.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tlu7mGP7HRCW0qOuzPEp4BZb9i4Tq-TlEt_K8YxNJvM/edit
Hello and welcome TechnicallyWill, sorry for not answering you sooner, I was absorbed by other matters the last two weeks.

About that red lollipop, I buy it there just to equip it at the same time as the yellow lolis used in this level, I only use the red ones later on chapter 14.
There might be uses for them in some fights, maybe buying them at each stop at the shop, but it is just assumptions from me because sincerely,
I didn't check at what their enhancement does exactly.

I was thinking about doing tutorials way before I posted my run, but I feared there was not much to explain, at least back then. I'm all for contributing
to updating the summary of knowledge we have about the game, it will make things easier for everybody, and greatly help anybody who wants to join
and have fun with this awesome game, I hope we will begin to work together now that Flicky and General Beatrix want to join in again.
Just post everything new, there's no point me or Flicky getting back into the game if someone is hiding strats, just cliff note it or something so we can go and see whats up. And just post the run, don't bother with tutorials unless there's some insanely new out of this world strat we won't understand without it.

I know I'm being blunt but it's kinda annoying when someone has new stuff but refuses to post it for months, if you were busy then cool fair enough, but you had a new run like 2 months ago and we never saw anything from it.
$15 per rant/allegory
Automne, the best way for you to help everyone else is just to post your strats or videos or something. We can figure out what you're doing, we have played the game a lot.

I know Beatrix and I both want to get into it again but I don't want to learn new stuff if you've got something better that I'm just going to have to use again. We can't really help improve the run if we're only see our side of the runs. Just a pb video will be plenty for us, it doesn't have to be the best run ever.