Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames

I found a bug
So are there video's or explanation for the tricks and strats of the runs for me to go off of? (wanting to learn the game)
Quote from Smoof90:
So are there video's or explanation for the tricks and strats of the runs for me to go off of? (wanting to learn the game)

There's a lot of explanation/videos here: https://github.com/speedfuns/undertale/blob/master/pacifist.md

smellyfeetyouhave: I reproduced that bug but sadly useless/risky to do. Crashed the game all 5 times I reproduced it. http://i.imgur.com/524xyzn.png
Edit history:
Tenebrae: 2015-11-29 03:06:04 am
I found that bug as well, albeit a slightly different way, but there doesn't seem to be any way around the crash aside from finishing Papyrus' dialogue or leaving the screen. Solving the puzzle and pressing the button to trigger the next dialogue just brings up the game maker error handler. However, I've been told the bathroom sign in Alphys' lab can be used to skip the phone upgrade in a similar fashion. Haven't personally tested it yet, though.
Edit history:
TGH: 2015-11-29 08:15:15 pm
TGH: 2015-11-29 07:10:52 pm
TGH: 2015-11-29 07:08:04 pm
TGH: 2015-11-29 09:46:55 am
TGH: 2015-11-29 09:44:49 am
Anime is not real.
I think it's worth noting that, if you should try the burnt pan strat for TPE, you MUST drop an item before picking up the Stained Apron.  Tough Glove would be the most practical choice to drop I believe.  Which means you'd have to equip the pan pretty much right away, then drop the glove.

Lost a good run to that oversight yesterday, panicked and dropped the Pie by accident :^)

(EDIT: Actually, confirmation that the present and basketball bombs in the Mettaton News section can still be defused by mashing fight right away?  Not 100% sure how that mechanic works)
(ANOTHER EDIT: Yes, confirmed that present and basketbombs can still be defused in the same way.  Thanks to PinkDreemurr for the help there)
RNG Gods Guide Me
Quote from Tenebrae:
I found that bug as well, albeit a slightly different way, but there doesn't seem to be any way around the crash aside from finishing Papyrus' dialogue or leaving the screen. Solving the puzzle and pressing the button to trigger the next dialogue just brings up the game maker error handler. However, I've been told the bathroom sign in Alphys' lab can be used to skip the phone upgrade in a similar fashion. Haven't personally tested it yet, though.

Yeah lol, made the video today finally I am the only one who knows this so yeah...anyways. Main portion of the video, talk to the sign as alphys talks to you, DO NOT GO BACK AFTER THE GLTICH. You can proceed as normal in TPE and the glitch wont cause any issues after you date undyne, just DONT GO BACK after the successfully do it, 20 min video explaining it by me. Pettition to call it OMG skip(but probably gonna be called upgrade skip)

Vid is private :c
RNG Gods Guide Me
Fixed lol
RNG Gods Guide Me
Quote from Omgwthdude:
Quote from Tenebrae:

Yeah lol, made the video today finally I am the only one who knows this so yeah...anyways. Main portion of the video, talk to the sign as alphys talks to you, DO NOT GO BACK AFTER THE GLTICH. You can proceed as normal in TPE and the glitch wont cause any issues after you date undyne, just DONT GO BACK after the successfully do it, 20 min video explaining it by me. Pettition to call it OMG skip(but probably gonna be called upgrade skip)

P.S, i only did it twice even though im "fluent" at it(hand was tired of mashing by the time I made this)
Edit history:
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-29 11:12:21 pm
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-29 11:10:19 pm
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-29 10:29:55 pm
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-29 10:28:51 pm
Quote from Omgwthdude:
Pettition to call it OMG skip(but probably gonna be called upgrade skip)

Seems like this is possible in any location where there's an object you can interact with and a cutscene trigger that freezes you but doesn't instantly start the dialog. There are probably some other locations it can be performed in as well. Should probably call the actual glitch something like "sign cancelling" or "interact cancelling" (since it should be able to be triggered by anything you can interact with) and then individually name skips.

I was actually able to trigger the Undyne Date choice as the tree's choice option doesn't have a full fledged string terminator on it, so by glitching the decision choice from the tree, it triggered Papyrus's Undyne Date dialog. Choice dialogs are terminated differently than normal talking, so by getting it confused it then ran whatever lines Papyrus had next in the data file, which happened to be the Undyne Date introduction.

Going through with it does actually play what would normally happen, but due to a variety of factors (specifically the fact that the rest of the objects needed for the scene to work) don't exist, it just stops after Papyrus's last line. The way choices work in Undertale is that depending on your response, it'll run another section of the script. So it's actually initializing the Undyne Date script, but it fails due to stuff like the fact the doors aren't there, there's no Undyne object in the room, etc. Papyrus's animations play, everything happens up until the doors would open.

There's a chance this could actually be used to initiate sequences where it brings you to a new room (for example, when you select YES to start the Papyrus date, the handler for the choice has goto_room(317) (which is room_papdate) as part of it.
In this specific case with the Undyne date, it depends on other stuff happening first and it doesn't ever trigger goto_room.)
Quote from kish:
Crashed the game all 5 times I reproduced it. http://i.imgur.com/524xyzn.png

It crashes when you press the button if you're flipped the switch. It's because it's trying to run two separate Papyrus dialogs at once, causing conflicting actions (animations, pathing, what he's saying, etc) towards the Papyrus object in the scene. It can't be used as a reliable way to do the button skip because of this. It can be used to skip in some cases (like the upgrade skip) and has the potential to be used for other exploits.

It basically allows you to get out of an object.interact state so you gain control of your character when you'd normally be frozen by triggering two dialogs that freeze you at once, then you end one of the dialogs (as it's shorter) by pressing through it and you're then unfrozen while the other one is still going on. It also has the potential for a wrong warp if you were able to trigger specific dialog choices from the game that don't depend on any additional objects in the room. In the case with my example above, there are required objects missing so it just dies off. In a case where the choice doesn't depend on other objects, it's a potential exploit.
Edit history:
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-30 11:38:31 am
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-30 11:37:01 am
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-30 11:20:29 am
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-30 11:19:09 am
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-11-30 11:18:47 am
All right, sorry for the triple post but yeah.

So I've dug into this more and this SHOULD theoretically allow for a wrong warp if we can find a place to trigger it with a choice that would cause a warp. I'm messing with it now by forcing the glitch in debug mode so I can do it in arbitrary locations, and the result of messing with Toriel's "Wait a minute, is it BUTTERSCOTCH/CINNAMON" choice gave me the option to skip Mettaton's speech because I had already heard it. If I selected yes, the event died. On the other hand, if I selected no, it tried initializing Mettaton's speech and crashed because he's missing...

I'll force it in a location where it'll give me a choice I know should teleport me and come back with the results.

Edit: So far I've found one location that works. It triggers the Papyrus date. This would be good if we could trigger the glitch in arbitrary locations. The issue is that the arbitrary location you activate it from is the closet, in Papyrus's room, which you're in anyways...

The Alphys date probably wont work because there are overworld actions first (the trigger text is sliding the note under the door so it'd die before anything could happen)
Even if it would work, the choice you'd need to glitch is
Quote:
I want to stay with you.    I have places to go.

So yeah...

Will be looking more.
#1 Fan of Mew Mew Kissy Cutie
Hey, I've been thinking of running this game for a week now, yet there's a problem. I have a Mac, and I have no clue how to get to the saves on Mac. On another note, I know where they are though. Thanks to either Wolf or Celestics (I forget who) for that. Can anyone help me there?
Edit history:
Omgwthdude: 2015-11-30 06:00:32 pm
RNG Gods Guide Me
Quote from jellobeaver:
Hey, I've been thinking of running this game for a week now, yet there's a problem. I have a Mac, and I have no clue how to get to the saves on Mac. On another note, I know where they are though. Thanks to either Wolf or Celestics (I forget who) for that. Can anyone help me there?

~/Library/Application Support/com.tobyfox.undertale/  after finding it just delete the whole folder after each reset(only after the first flowey enconter, dont need to delete before if you accidentally mess up b4 the first flowey encounter)if your planning on speedrunning it.
Quote from Omgwthdude:

~/Library/Application Support/com.tobyfox.undertale/  after finding it just delete the whole folder after each reset(only after the first flowey enconter, dont need to delete before if you accidentally mess up b4 the first flowey encounter)if your planning on speedrunning it.

Lemme rephrase what I said. It's the other way around. I know where the files are, but I don't know how to get to where the files are.
RNG Gods Guide Me
Should be on your "My computer" which is apparently is in the "Go" tab on status bar then click "Computer" or apparently you can use finder> Go > Go to Folder or Command+Shift+G and type ~/library. Google is your friend mate
Remembered something that I forgot
Found a alternative movement/keys to use. Using the keys on the number pad with arrows.

It pretty well known that all 4 arrow keys could be used on sans fight to successfully input when he slams you to the wall.However, it been hard on certain keyboards execute due to limitations. I found a small handy trick to do this but with different keys. On my keyboard I have a extra numbers/arrows on the far right side. Normally I use them for splitting my splits but I figure why not test if it get key locked. surprisingly it didn't so now I'm practicing on using it.
Quote from Omgwthdude:
Should be on your "My computer" which is apparently is in the "Go" tab on status bar then click "Computer" or apparently you can use finder> Go > Go to Folder or Command+Shift+G and type ~/library. Google is your friend mate

Couldn't find com.tobyfox.undertale because it wasn't in my Application Support
RNG Gods Guide Me
Well in that case i have 0 clue, because all applications are downloaded straight into there, i have not the slightest idea of where else it could've been heres the board from me finding how to delete on mac https://steamcommunity.com/app/391540/discussions/0/523897653294747568/
Quote from Omgwthdude:
Well in that case i have 0 clue, because all applications are downloaded straight into there, i have not the slightest idea of where else it could've been heres the board from me finding how to delete on mac https://steamcommunity.com/app/391540/discussions/0/523897653294747568/

Well, thanks for that. I don't know how much it will help, and until I get everything ready, I'll still be searching for help. But hopefully I can run the game soon enough!
Edit history:
TGH: 2015-12-02 11:31:01 am
Anime is not real.
(EDIT: please disregard lol.  sorry)
Edit history:
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-12-03 11:40:56 pm
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-12-03 10:54:23 pm
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-12-03 10:42:59 pm
smellyfeetyouhave: 2015-12-03 10:38:37 pm
So it seems to be either frame perfect or near-perfect but you can apply sign cancelling to the entire Alphys cutscene using the dogfood.

Took a very specific setup. Gonna try it some more see if I can get it consistent.

Edit: GIF

Edit again:
Yeah I think it's frame perfect. I can get the setup in full speed but I can't get the second dialog box.

Edit, edit, yet edit:
Video edition:
Mettaton quiz skip skip in TPE? Would totally make Undyne MUCH easier.
Edit history:
Omgwthdude: 2015-12-04 06:11:18 pm
Omgwthdude: 2015-12-04 06:11:02 pm
Omgwthdude: 2015-12-04 03:43:48 pm
Omgwthdude: 2015-12-04 03:42:30 pm
RNG Gods Guide Me
Skip skip, the Dreem(ill walk myself out)

On another note before anyone tries this strat in a run, Ill successfully do it, and then be posting whether or not it would crash the game(because you fight EX mettaton and the game thinks hes already out of batteries, but the game reads to play the cutscene again) OR you would have to watch the cutscene anyways because mettaton never appeared in the first place(thus losing more time then you would be gaining if you you just did the upgrade skip). When I posted the upgrade skip, I made the check 3 times before posting it, because if it crashed the game after you date undyne, there would be no point.
Edit history:
Omgwthdude: 2015-12-04 06:12:00 pm
RNG Gods Guide Me
Tried for 2 hours cant seem to find a way to get it even once, in order to do this you need to pressing 3 move keys(so middle and ring finger on numbered move keys and thumb on right arrow), and so after you hit right with your thumb you let go as fast as physically possible and then press z(then either the screen moves and you succeeded or the screen "freezes" and you press x and z only to find out you have do quiz. I will not personally try to implement this until there is a video explaining how to do this. As of right now there is no consistency and if there are any people who can do this glitch and explain how it is done I would be most appreciative if they posted it.(Preferably done once or twice) If anyone does this glitch in a run also please tell us if the game crashes or not. OR tell us that we still have to watch the cutscene since mettaton never busted a hole in the wall. OR even tell us if it works perfectly and there are 0 risks in doing this strat. If not, when/if there a video explaining it, I will personally do it in a no reset run just for science if it crashes/I have to watch the cutscene at least then everyone will know. BTW if this glitch causes 0 issues and we dont have to watch the cutscene followed by quiz, possible time save is about 1 min give or take