page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
zato: 2008-03-08 10:15:29 pm
Well I was going to tell you that there is a "hole" next to the first door so you can jump directly to the chain process or whatever...

I was going to make a screenshot of it but the game won't start anymore... so now it's installing again... Let's see what happens...

Good work anyway, here's there only shortcut I came up with for level 17 http://www.vimeo.com/761664

Good Luck
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-08 10:17:50 pm
Another shortcut in level 16? Well I will wait until you show me that until I go on with 17 Cheesy Because I have to do the levels chronologically with the savegames. Tongue
I wouldn't call it a shortcut
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
My ATI9550 cannot play this game  Sad
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-09 11:12:00 am
I think the game needs a graphic card with shader 3.0 doesnt it? Huh?

edit: GeForce 6600 128 MB DirectX 9.0c-compatible card with Pixel Shaders 2.0b support or equivalent or Radeon x700
I improved level 16 now:

http://www.vimeo.com/765399
I have an nvidia 8500 512 mb, a card i do not recommend to anyone.
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-09 02:19:46 pm
My 7950 gt is still good, I will buy another graphic card when nvidia implements physX in their cards. Anyway this is getting off-topic Cheesy

Level 17 is done, it was kind of hard because you had to time so much things Grin

Found any shortcut for level 18 yet?
http://www.divxvine.com/6nus4x9vfl3r/1.avi.html

Nice one using reverse on the lasers, I was only able to do it with one laser, not two. Wink

Level 18 doesn't have any shortcuts, or at least I haven't find any Sad

All I can say is that you don't need to kill any of the guys that go down of the Zep after the second lift, you can just run to the left and when you use the moving crane later on they will try to shoot you from down...

The Helicopter can be shoot down very fast with just the ammo they give you when you pick up the rocket launcher, remember it's like in Half Life... you shoot it and then you have to point your target so the rocket goes to it etc etc etc

I will give it another look but It's hard to come up with some sort of shortcut when the level is always go up Wink
For your trick I needed that gun, but I think the 3 weapons I have now are everything I need Cheesy Karbine for nade jumps, shotgun for close fights and the thunderbolt for the distance.
Edit history:
zato: 2008-03-09 02:59:28 pm
Yes I like the thunderbolt too, that's why after doing that, I pick it up again from the guy you kill from the distance the first time you enter that  room.. but sometimes it's hard to pick it up again because of the rocks falling down all the time.

And by the way you can use the thunderbolt as a nade jump too, try doing the first shortcut on  level 17 with the thunderbolt Wink I'd say it even takes lass damage  Huh?

Anyway... looking forward to level 18, only because after this one Drive-by comes... And I want you to go all crazy and angry because of the over the rock-tru the wall- clipping shortcut that is driving me nuts because of the high concentration of annoying enemies  Angry

edit: the angry smilie on this forum should be more angry  Angry Tongue
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-09 04:11:58 pm
Grin Grin I will try my best on level 18 first, it should be easier than level 17...I just have to deal with that timestop-soldier.

edit: I just finished level 18, it was kind of boring because there was nothing special to skip, I am uploading it now.

edit2: uploaded
Edit history:
zato: 2008-03-09 05:24:14 pm
Man, it all was going SO well, the helicopter fight was great (3 seconds faster than my try  :-/) the hangar with the Zep went great. Only 2 "mistakes"

When you go out of the elevator (the second one) RUN FOR IT!! take the left and just run to the ladder, that's what i told you few posts ago:

Quote:
All I can say is that you don't need to kill any of the guys that go down of the Zep after the second lift, you can just run to the left and when you use the moving crane later on they will try to shoot you from down...

Also, when you hit the second switch (on the zep hangar), you can do it (slightly) faster by jumping on it form the side and just use it. it saves what? 1 second? it's a minor thing  Grin But the second elevator part its not  Wink

Anyway it was pretty impressive, nice one. Here it comes level 19  Grin Angry Grin
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-09 06:18:13 pm
Well I will try level 18 again a bit differentely after the second elevator before I go on with 19 Cheesy After level 19 it would be too late Tongue

edit: saved about 13 seconds now =P I panicked a bit in the end but nothing big.
I made another route for this level so you can check if I forgot something Wink And the level makes me already all crazy and angry because of the over the rock-tru the wall- clipping shortcut! I think thats what you wanted to hear. Grin
The video is not the run yet and I died several times Angry

Just to understand my behavior in the hall: There are clip walls on the left side, on the right side(still of the left side) the clip goes up to the ceiling but in the middle part it doesnt, so I can only nade jump there.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3624542
That went really well... the only improvement I can think of is after the mine filed, if you have enough timepowers you can reverse time when the doors close and you can get inside before

I have been able to make this once, somehow I was able to pass the mine filed, have some power to stop time (but I hurt myself on purpose on the electricity part) just when the doors closed, but i stall had a bit of power so I reversed to get inside...

When you get there there was no enemies waiting got me at all, until I got to the switch platform... witch by the way you managed to cut really well with that nade jump, I thought that it was simply impossible to pass to the other way, only using the moving thing all the way.

Besides the mine field part I don't see what else can be shaved off
I once didnt make it through the doors with the time powers left and thought it was impossible Tongue I thought it would cause a paradox again if I would reverse time to a time before I stopped time Roll Eyes
haha  Grin

that only happens when you die in time reverse  Grin Well go for that one (the doors not the paradox)
Yep, I found a timesaver, forget about the moving crane, If done at the right moment, you can also forget about reverse time to go to the other room.

There is a part where some soldier says "bla bla bla BACKUP" there some doors open, thats where you have to act and go there.

Yes, this doesn't make much sense now, I'm uploading.
You always find a way to "barrel" yourself up Tongue
true that xD

http://www.vimeo.com/771197

So I did try this before... but the trick here is first, make sure the barrel goes bit far from the edge, if its too close it won't work... and while you are on the air, I jump up a little... And that's it

So yea at some point they open the doors in the middle, that's the time to do it (I think) Of course haven't try with enemies, I let the frustration to you  Wink
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-10 04:08:30 pm
And what did you mean with
Quote:
If done at the right moment, you can also forget about reverse time to go to the other room.

now? Huh? Tongue
Well you know, you have to go to the end of the room where the boxes are and you use time reverse and go to the other room... but if you go trough the doors you don't need to go that way and you save time to go to the machines place and do that shortcut you found...

You think that when you are in the clipping shortcut, instead of going to the mines field, you go to the other side and then fall in the mines field the normal way (trough the boxes) that seems to be a shorter way to get to the electricity part. Why do that? because if you have enough time powers you can get inside when the first train goes out... it saves time overall
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-10 04:28:58 pm
Ok...I dont even need reverse, I can just go through the door now Grin And I skipped the trigger so no soldiers are waiting for me. Then I tried your trick without your soldiers and guess how I took this screenshot Grin Grin I jumped on the barrel and then I got stuck in a corner on the ceiling Cheesy I think it is still faster to come in, do the barrel trick and get into the other room with time reverse than going to the lift, push the button so the soldiers arrive and then do the trick.
Edit history:
zato: 2008-03-10 05:41:55 pm
you are right, the soldiers arrive once you get to certain point, its better like you say...

Makes me think though, about the famous hangar where we couldn't jump to the other side... I didn't tried to jump on the barrels... well I guess it's late now but maybe for future runs  Tongue

edit: nevermind...

edit2: btw Grin