Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Did level 22 now Cheesy I hope I didnt forget some major things, I am rendering and uploading now.

Level 23 begins again with a turret part...they are so boring Tongue Let me hear your shortcuts Wink
Ok I'll upload now, luckily the flying part is short Wink
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-12 05:26:19 pm
Here it is: http://www.vimeo.com/778282

Btw I think I can still beat the game in less than 2 hours Grin
It is on 1:20:18 now.
Here's level 23 shortcut http://www.vimeo.com/778291

It's really random because the barrels go all over the place, just make sure it hits the pipe.

The other shortcut I don't need to shoot it to you, it's before you go to that room climb up the pipes etc..

Nice work with level 22, there is only 2 levels to do so yea, I think you can forget about 2 hours  Wink
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-12 05:42:41 pm
Wow! I think that trick will be hard Tongue But I will do my best Grin Maybe I can finish it today.
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-12 08:22:33 pm
I just saved my last savegame on this run 8) It is kind of long (4:50) but this was the last real level before the big boss fight Cheesy I am rendering and uploading now...

And when I want to submit it I have to learn the special coding too :-/ I remember reading in the FAQ that I have to use some special programs and write extra complicated scripts for it Tongue I dont want to upload the fraps files to sda, the 15 minutes portal speedrun took about 3 weeks! Uploading ~100gb (my poor hard drive) with ~15kb/s really isnt fun Angry Tongue

edit: http://www.vimeo.com/778730
Well then you can upload those in Filefront, and just send  lower yet acceptable versions to SDA.

I don't really know how this works so  Wink And I know even less about scripts, compression or anything related to that (djcj is my witness)

Anyway I'm going to watch the segment... I'm already looking for the best way to do the final boss... trying to find a spot where you don't get hit but yea it's like impossible...

I had to download a trainer in order not to die all the time and see where the best spot is... And the worse thing is that there is no barrels! lol And time reverse works for just few seconds for some reason anyway...
Quote:
... trying to find a spot where you don't get hit but yea it's like impossible...

On the Roof were you shoot the first canons of the Endboss, you can hide in the left or right corner from getting a direct hit by the Rockets. Sorry for my english.
Edit history:
zato: 2008-03-13 07:23:54 pm
Quote:

On the Roof were you shoot the first canons of the Endboss, you can hide in the left or right corner from getting a direct hit by the Rockets. Sorry for my english.

You mean at the very end of each corner? We can try  Wink However that won't help for the blue ray stuff the machine drops at first... but it's not hard to avoid them

edit:

so yea there isn't any spot where you are not safe.

try to destroy the first turret without timepowers, and that's it... I don't even know how i beat the boss the first time, I just can't do it easily....
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-13 07:40:54 pm
Hm...I shoot the first turret with time slow, recharge before the artillery comes and then dodge with time slow and do it all again.

I will try it tomorrow, Im not feeling well today Lips Sealed
Edit history:
Ekelbatzen: 2008-03-14 04:59:59 pm
I am done!!!

Additional 3:43 with the final level: http://www.vimeo.com/784627
Total Time: 1:28:52 (not official time)

I thank you once again for your great support zato Grin 8)
Nice work Rob1n  Grin

I can tell you that it has been really fun to help you, and who knows maybe we will get back to this someday  8)
Well, the run is online on sda now. 8)

My guessed time was not that right after all, but
1:29:51 is just ok, even when I thought it would be 59 seconds faster.

Anyway, I'm glad its finally up! Grin
If it aint broke don't fix it.
dling already... this will be fun...
Congrats for having the run on sda Smiley

I sent you a PM
Nice run. Loved the bit when you slowed down time and jumped onto the turret of the moving vehicle to blast the guys in the back of it. Brilliant. Another one was when you threw a grenade into the back of the truck as it pulled up and it took out everyone. Some really interesting shortcuts in there as well with the time reversal and the barrels to access areas your supposed to ge too later on. Very nice
for never hearing of or playing timeshift, i really enjoyed this speedrun man

awesome job  Grin
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hm, i wonder if i should play a game before enjoying the speedrun...
Quote from tekknej:
hm, i wonder if i should play a game before enjoying the speedrun...

Probably, it let's you see how hard some stuff is in speedruns, and of course you can compare times and get amazed Smiley
Time to dig out this thread. Smiley

So HeRMe (zato in this forum) outdid my speedrun from 2008 in 2015, cutting 1:29:51 on normal difficulty down to 1:07:26 on casual difficulty.
I congratulated him and was also inspired to try the game again for myself. So I did and our private chat turned out into strategy discussions.
And now I have submitted a speedrun for 43:07 on casual difficulty that has passed verification, but is not published yet on these sites.
Now I got contacted by a new SDA user named Stimich who saw my run and wanted to further help or run the game himself and
he already found a 24 second save compared to my last run.

That got me thinking to maybe open the discussions up to this public thread again,
so other people interested in the game can learn the tricks and hopefully also find even more shortcuts!
So even my current run is still in the submission process, we want to further improve this speedrun and submit again in a few months or so.

We will start discussing new tricks based on the ones we already know about in my last 43:07 video,
most of the tricks are also explained there in the comments that are attached to the video.
I will record and upload a comparison of the 24 second save on level 1 and another 10 second save we found on level 3 later.

The new level 1 shortcut uses oob and skips all fights, but we have to walk some detours. I can't get in bounds in that last room again, but I can still get half into the room and get stuck, enough to trigger the end scene.
The scene is timed, the laser gets fired and the cutscene plays, after that a level change block gets activated, so if you are not in that room you don't even switch the level.
I continue to walk against the wall because I continue to float down after a few seconds otherwise and that trigger will not hit me then.

Instead of getting to unreachable normal areas I go real oob here. There are some routing problems, as there is the metro station in the way to reach the tunnel and I can't control how fast I float down, so as long as I am not walking on solid ground, I have some seconds to waste there anyways.
I can't walk directly to the tunnel because when going back in bounds I always got stuck in the ceilings or walls. Somehow the metal ring where I fall in I can glitch around to get out to the left.
I can get stuck in the floor when I crawl under them oob so I have to wait a few seconds before standing up to walk faster.
Once I fall into the electrified water the game pushes you around to some platform, which is handy because I can't reach the end platform by swimming and I can't get out by time stopping.

So while trying out Robin's level 3 route I, for some reason, fell down faster than him, rendering the run a few seconds faster.
Currently we do not know what causes this, but we have an idea that it might be the HHD being almost full as I've never encountered this before, and the HHD wasn't full while doing this run previously.
The descend speed seems to be related to your FPS while oob, so the lower your FPS the faster you go down, so in that particular level 75 fps seems to be a nice framerate to do this particular route.

Yeah, I can emulate the fps by enabling VSync, I almost float down too fast here.
I get stuck in the ground but can most of the time get unstuck in that tunnel at least by crouching and standing up again.

Was there ever an instance where the fps of another game have been artificially lowered with external tools to better exploit the game? Is that allowed?

So it is possible to skip 15+ seconds on level 7 by flying all the way up the building and skipping the elevator.
The problem is the chair again, the only physical object you can find and have to push up a flight of stairs, really frustrating.

Once on the roof you have to walk to the elevator room to trigger the spawning of some missing enemies on the roof which have to die to trigger the end of the level.