Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speedruns - 01
umm, a bit embarassing, I kinda forgot to create backupsaves for the first two planets, which meant that if something went wrong, I'd have to redo the whole shit, luckily, it didnt.

Each save is from a critical point of the run, not a segment really.

Kashyyyk - Beginning
Kashyyyk - End
Star Forge - Middle1
Star Forge - Middle2
Star Forge - Hard01
Star Forge - Final Battle - Beginning
Star Forge - Final Battle - Middle

for example, there were saves in between these, but I didn't go for backup on them since, well it didn't feel important, or I just replaced the last backup with the latest one if they were kinda close.
Speedruns - 01
Yay the runs are up!
http://speeddemosarchive.com/KnightsOfTheOldRepublic.html
Die Meatbags Die!
Downloading as I write. Can't wait to see your run and pick up some tricks.
Speedruns - 01
I'd say a sub3h run IS possible really.
dinosaur from the past
Wait, wasn't MNeMiC's run on Easy, while Revan's was on Normal? That probably should be noted next to the times...
Die Meatbags Die!
MNeMiC you had some stuff on there that made me smack my hand on my face. I can't believe I didn't think just to run right past Calo Nord. I missed some obvious time savers. I think I will try a test run on easy to see how fast it can be beaten. Once I get it down to sub-3, I might try recording it. I am also thinking about doing a run of Splinter Cell for the PC or Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain for the PS. Haven't decided what I am going to try next.   
Speedruns - 01
Cool, yeah, same here, we can both really update the times, but we should play on even odds, i.e. same difficulty AND no usage of glitches (since it removes the challange of the game really, cuz I see you're having no problems with the game AFTER you've gained those levels, while I'm having all the problems in the world cuz I need those levels, that's just my thought anyways.)
I'm addicted to games
Where is the difficulty selection? I don't see anything dealing with that at the start of the runs. Just "new game" and then the character generation.
Die Meatbags Die!
Default diffuculty is normal. That is what I run it on.  MNeMiC ran it on easy. I do believe he set it to hard once he got to the star forge.
Edit history:
Radix: 2005-08-26 03:45:24 am
I'm addicted to games
OK, but that doesn't answer my question ... where is the difficulty setting visible?
And how can you change it mid-game!
Oh btw, I assumed the name from your email was really your name ... right?  Tongue
Die Meatbags Die!
The diffuculty can be viewed from the options menu. The run is segmented, so you can just change the setting before you start playing. It retains the difficulty even if you quit the game.
Die Meatbags Die!
Oh and yes my name is Jeff Richardson.
dinosaur from the past
So it's invisible and you can change it each segement. Joy.
Die Meatbags Die!
Well the best solution would be to require the user to show the difficulty before loading. This would prove that it is legit.
Speedruns - 01
Damn, didn't think of this, but that wouldn't solve anything, since what you could do is just record the screen showing the difficulty, and then pause the recording device when it's changing screens or something, since you don't see the mouse on this recording anyways, and just change difficulty back and play on easy. Though possibly you could switch it off at the end of a segment, but it could still be tricked with the same method as explained above.
Die Meatbags Die!
Well there is also the fact that anyone who has played the game a lot can tell what can be done at certain levels. I know watching your run that on normal trying to kill those guards would get me slaughtered. You managed to have one person live.
Semi-retired FPS expert
You can do that with pretty much every game. It's a pain, but far from impossible. Didn't know people were this desperate though...
Just a little question about the Manaan part:
Isn't it possible to unlock the door to the submarine with the terminal in the republican outpost?
I think there was such an option at the terminal, but It will probably cost a plenty spikes...
Speedruns - 01
Yeah, it costs about 120 spikes, umm, possibly less if you have higher computer skill, but doubtfully it'll be worth even picking them up in storage packs, or even buying in store since they are rather expensive. And getting the sith password thing is fastly done, about 30 seconds or so, and getting the thing in the Sith Base, well, including walking there and all the conversation, 1 or 2 minutes, so it wouldn't be any faster.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Only had a chance to watch Revans run, and it was good. Part 9 was good  Wink
Die Meatbags Die!
That 9th segments was facinating huh. I probably only should have spent 5 or so minutes leveling up.
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok I have watch almost all of your run MNeMiC. I have to say your run is superior, overall. Your solo strategies were much better than my group ones. I can't believe I never thought of some of the stuff you did. I am sure there were moments in my run that you did think of either. Combining all of the tricks could save a substantial amount of time. I look forward to future runs.
Speedruns - 01
Yeah, it'll be great, only, not for a while here, moving away from home Wednesday to study, and, well, studying seriously takes time, but I can tell you I'm not gonna be happy with this time of mine, so I'll definitly make another run of this game before I do anything else.
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok I have been experimenting and I found a better route for Taris. Saves about 4 to 5 minutes. I only kill one enemy in the Vulkar Base and none in the Garage. I go Solo and run by the boss and take the accelerator. I though of it after seeing MNeMiC run past Calo and Bandon. Saves a bunch of time.
Speedruns - 01
How can you get out of the battle after taking the accelerator? Isn't the door locked? And isnt your team inside of there and shooting at the enemies (meaning getting stuck in battle and you wont be able to get out of there?)