Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'm addicted to games
Just an update ... I'm going to try to time these two runs today. But I'm going to need a list of all loading screens because I don't have time to watch the videos through to find them. I did watch 5 minutes of mnemic's run to see what the game is like, and at 5:03 in the first segment is where I see an example of the loading screens I'm talking about.

So whoever wants to compile a list of the loading screens for these two runs can do it and send them to me in a pm or email.
Speedruns - 01
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, do you mean a list of all the loading-spots in the game with what's happening before and after the loading times? If that's the case I think it's easier to simply watch the run, since it would be needed for someone anyways.
I'm addicted to games
The times of all loading screens...
And like I said, I dont have time to watch it.
As people who know the game, you should be able to scroll through it really fast and know where the loading screens will be.
Die Meatbags Die!
Well I could look for the loading screens on MNeMiC and he could do mine, if that would be ok. We both have different types of runs, so I dont see much of a conflict of interest. Would a person just count the number of loading screens, the time they take up, or both?
I'm addicted to games
I only need the times they occur in the vid. As in "there's a screen at 8:37!"
you dont need to tell me exact start/end points, that is enough. So basically just a list of times per file.
Speedruns - 01
Okey, seems fair to me, I PM'ed you details Lord_Revan. PM back.
Die Meatbags Die!
Radix, do you need me and MNeMiC to find them in our own runs or do you need someone else to do it?
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok Radix is letting me do it myself so I am sure he will let you do youir run as well MNeMiC.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Revan, can you explain those teleports in segment 2 in the sewers? That stuff is wild. Definately something that can likely be combined with MNeMiC's methods to speed things up. You manage to avoid the battle for Hanharr and make it to the base in record time. Also good use of the spikes to avoid the battle for the garage key.
Die Meatbags Die!
What I do in the sewers is that i activate solo mode immediatly. This makes sure that Mission stays at the begginning of the level. I then take my Character and run, avoiding all the monsters and veru quickly opening the door to Hanharr. WHile you are talking to him you can't die. I then put him into my party and then quickly switch back to Mission and exit the sewers. THis is one of the few areas you dont need your party with you to exit. I then warp back to my Hideout to get life back and the warp back. Go back into the sewers as mission, run to the Force Field, deactivate it, then leave. It all takes 1:48. I believe it is my most clever trick.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I've only seen about 5 segments so far, but when that happened I had to rewind and watch a few times. Blink and you miss it. Another sweet use was in the garage, you went solo for the whole thing, then the cut scene brings the party back for the battle for the engine.

I was wondering how you'd handle that whole room solo, then I saw the game forces you to have your party.

Definately tricks that can speed up the other run.
Die Meatbags Die!
Going Solo or Unequipping Party members are key tricks for saving time. The trick is knowing when they can be used and when they cant.
Speedruns - 01
Neat, I didn't know that you could do it like that at those places. I'm pretty sure that both mine and Revans run could be decreased in time with atleast 10 minutes each after we've watched eachothers runs.
I'm addicted to games
Thanks to the list from Lord_Revan I was able to time his run in a relatively quick 30 minutes or so. It has 422 timing points! I got a time of 3:34:56... do you think I should keep the seconds or list it as 3:34? I say in the faq that "runs over 3 hours have the seconds dropped because of vcr speeds" but this is a PC game.

Also, I'm guessing LR did the "dark" run from the ending I see ... and that mnemic did the "light"? Has Juncti or mn watched LR's run yet?
From my reading the posts I think Lord_Revan did a pure dark side run (did not do a single light sided thing), while MNeMiC did a general run that is neither light or dark (switching between light side and dark side to gain speed).
Die Meatbags Die!
Yah I did a pure darkside run with the darkside ending. It is a pure darkside run from the many times I have watched it, but I may have missed something. I doubt I did though.  Juncti is viewing my run so he should be able to confirm.

As far as timing goes, only one other PC game had over 3 hours, Mafia, and seconds were not listed.
I'm addicted to games
Huh, I thought you said a run would be either dark or light ... now you say it can be in between?

How to label your guys runs thens?
Edit history:
Lord_Revan: 2005-07-24 02:35:46 am
Die Meatbags Die!
Well first, MNeMiC's run is on easy, while mine is on normal. His run is what I would call a Lightside speed run. Being evil helps for most of the game up until the Star Forge. Being lightside at this point helps a lot. I do what would be called a pure Darkside run. Here is how I would classify them:

Pure Lightside: Lightside ending while commiting no Darkside acts.
Lightside: Lightside ending.
Darkside: Darkside ending.
Pure Darkside: Darkside Ending while committing no Lightside acts.

MNeMiC's would be an example of a Lightside run, while mine is a pure Darkside run. The hardest of all of these would be a pure lightside run. This would take a lot more time. If this is too complicated, you could just have a Darkside ending run and a Lightside ending run. However you want to classify them is cool, though. Just providing information.
Also tenkiforecast
Would getting Juhani be allowed in a pure darkside run, or would it be a hindrance at the temple?
Edit history:
Lord_Revan: 2005-07-24 03:31:39 am
Die Meatbags Die!
You mean not killing her on Dantooine? You can get here and not get the lightside hit. Killing her would get you a darkside bonus, but you can keep her alive without getting a ligthside one. Killing her would only be neccesary for a darkside 100% run.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm still watching it, work is killing me so I haven't been able to get through it as fast.

Some comments compared to the other run (just finished koriban). Seems you stop to do a lot more of the fights. Also, is doing the sith trials required for the dark run? That would shave a lot of time off if you could avoid them.

Also seems you could make better use of force powers. You spend a whole segment leveling up and getting level 2 lightning, seems that would be a good power to use when fighting a group (doesn't it hit 2 people at once?)

I'm sure others will have more ideas on things to cut. Definately look forward to a future run combining the tricks of both.
Die Meatbags Die!
I would agree with you that I don't use the force power as effectivly as I could, but I found that simple saber fighting can be more effective, especially agianst Dark Jedi. It will be interesting to see MNeMiC's run to see where i made mistakes. If you got through Korriban, that means you are about half-way through. Hope you enjoy the rest.
I think (from a "viewer" perspective) the best way to classifiy the runs in this game is something like this:

Pure/Normal speed run: Did both light side and dark side quests to gain speed, and went for either ending, whichever is faster.

Pure Light Side: Did not do a single dark side quest.

Pure Dark Side: Did not do a single light side quest.
Speedruns - 01
Sorry about being so late with my list Radix, I'll do it ASAP, finished with the first part now (yeah I know, not much, thogh it is 1/3 of the run almost), but since I had to re-encode the video it took alot of time.

And also: Juncti did watch my run and confirmed it was legit.
Die Meatbags Die!
Hey Radix, I was wondering what are timing points? You said my run had 422 of them so I was wondering. Also is 422 a lot more than usual?