Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 ... 9, 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Die Meatbags Die!
The door isn't locked. I go without anyone in my party. Allows me to grab it and then just run out. It also allows me to skip the enemies outside the Vulkar Base as well. Pretty good time saver.
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok I recorded my new Taris run. Form the Ravenger to the beggining of Dantooine, it take 44 minutes. The previous times were around 53 minutes. I was able to save a significant amount of time. 3 hours is definatly within striking distance.
Die Meatbags Die!
Had problems with sound, so I re-recorded. Cut my time by about a minute or 2. 42 minutes to Dantooine.
Speedruns - 01
But where can you drop your team so early in the game?
Speedruns 4-ever...
Is their going to be a Light side run....???

Really want to see them both!

If their is darkness their must also be light...
Speedruns - 01
Well, the ending is the same as in my video, it's basicly the light ending, but with neutral alignment.
Die Meatbags Die!
Quote:
But where can you drop your team so early in the game?

Right after you get Mission to drop the shield. Just enter the door, go to the next area and go to the party selection screen.
Speedruns - 01
I see, that should save about,, omg,, 10 minutes atleast! More even! 15 possibly, all the battle that could be skipped *drools*
Edit history:
Lord_Revan: 2005-08-29 10:44:40 pm
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok I have finished Dantooine, Manaan, and Tatooine. I did well of Dantooine and Manaan, but sucked, as usual, on Tatooine. I have the time of 1:30 so far. Doing pretty well so far. I just hope I don't get massacred by Saul.

Update:

Based on my projections, I should finish with a time around 3:10. Hopefully the time will be below 3 hours when it is timed.
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok ran into a little problem. Can't skip Darth Bandon on both Kashyyyk and Korriban. I had to go back and change the route. Gotten through Taris, Dantooine, and Korriban in 1:28.
Edit history:
Lord_Revan: 2005-09-01 06:22:53 am
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok I beat the game with a time around 3:22. I took way too much time with malak, so I am going to try him a few more times before submitting.

Update: Carved a Minute off my time. Saved after I killed him. I got a time of 3:20. Based on the times cut off for the last run, that would put my run at around 3:03-3:07. Definatly a new record, but not sub-3 that I was aiming for. There is room for improvement in my run becasue I committed a lot of little mistakes. Most of the time is taken up by my poor fighting skills. It takes me forever to kill Malak. Over 9 minutes. My character is only at level 13, so that probably account for why it takes forever.
Speedruns - 01
Nice times! Are you using the levelup glitch now or not?
Die Meatbags Die!
No I didn't use the level up glitch. I could have saved time if I had though. 5 minutes of it would have help a lot in the Leviathan and Malak.
I'm addicted to games
There's no reason to not use it after a run has already been posted that did.
Die Meatbags Die!
Well I didn't figure out that using the level up glitch would save time until I got to the Leviathan. That level was utter hell. I might try redoing it with the level up glitch and see if I can get it under 3:00.
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok I did some experimentation. I went back to my Korriban save and did the glitch for 5 minutes. I really helps. I catch up to my time by the end of the saul battle and pass it by Kashyyyk. I am going to redo my run and add the level up glitch.
Speedruns - 01
make the run without, makes it more fun to watch, and also we would have the same rules for the runs.
Yeah I'd also appreciate it if you would do your new run without the level up glitch.
I thought, "how boring is this?" when I watched your first run Wink
Other than that, your run was great (like MNeMiCs too) so I'd really like to see a run with the best of both runs.
Die Meatbags Die!
I am sorry, but I am going to use it. Why? Well this is the "Speed" Demo Archive. I use whatever legal method allows me to complete the game the fastest. It is much faster to complete the game when at a higher level. The most efficent way to do that is by using the glitch.
Speedruns - 01
But alot less impressive, it's like another category...
Die Meatbags Die!
Ok I just finished Kashyyyk with a time of 2:24. MNeMiC's time was 2:43. THat means I am roughly 18 or 19 minutes ahead of his time. I can still improve on his Star Forge time by not fighting the robots before Malak. It took him 2 minutes and 30 seconds to do that, so that should save a significant amount of time. I should finish with a time around 3:05-3:10. That should allow me to have a time of under 3 hours.
I'm addicted to games
Are you still on the dark side?
Die Meatbags Die!
I am playing lightside. Not pure light, just the lightside ending. I finished with a time of 3:03 or 3:04. Ran it on easy in 11 Segments. With the manual timing, it should b well below 3 hours, which is what I was shooting for.
Speedruns - 01
I'm currently verifying the new run, sorry for the delays, tons of stuff to do here.
Speedruns - 01
Finished, it's all legit Smiley