Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speedruns - 01
Juncti, try and try again, it should be working, just that it will kick you off from time to time, just get on again and resume.

Also, make sure you grab them by their numbers, you're skipping a couple of levels now I think, since Kashyyyk is the last of the normal planets. I tried NOT to level up before, but what happend then is that I don't get the "extra" levelup that 'becoming a jedi' gives you. So even if I saved the extra level there, I would only have leveled up once, which would've left me at level 7 instead of level 8 after I became a Jedi. Though I would've gained one more Jedi power overall, but then there's the question if I would've leveled up once more in the game to get there. Not so sure.
Die Meatbags Die!
On Manaan you don't have to fight anyone, unless you count the sharks. In my run I only fought Darth Bandon and I don't consider him as part of the level. Manaan is by far the easiest level.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm watching them in numeric order. 01-10, but I'm downloading ahead so they'll be around when I get a chance to watch them.

We've got another hurricane heading this way, so hopefully it'll miss us otherwise I'll be mia again with an almost certain power outage if not worse.

Great run thusfar.
Die Meatbags Die!
Got all the files uploaded to Radix. Yeah!
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Finished watching Korriban, another sweet segment. It's funny watching you either run past, or completely destroy sections which took me forever the first time I played. Most notibly the tombs and especially the last one.

The tomb full of war droids was quite fun to watch as well. Great stuff. Downloads are still going, I'm on segment 8 as far as downloads go.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Just finished watching the last few segments. What a sweet run that is. Curious why you ran past the enemies on kashyyyk and the uknown planet going in but fought them all coming out?

Overall it's amazing how much stuff you could just run right past and yet still have enough strength to take out major battles single handedly. Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing the other run, I haven't gotten a chance to play through dark side yet so I'm interested to see the difference.
Die Meatbags Die!
There is a huge difference between light and dark at the end of the game. I don't think the difference is that big during the rest of the game. I think all of the quests can be done quickly using a nuetral path. Being super light could take longer, but just being a little light could be just as fast as dark. Playing lightside at the end would be much speedier. You get to use Jolee the destroyer. He is awsome at the Star Forge, provided you gave him destroy droid. You dont need to use any of your own force powers and can save them for the command deck. Playing the darkside gives you Bastilia, whos force powers are usless other than heal. I can honestly say that playing darkside cost me around 3 to 5 minutes. The cutscenes and the ending are much cooler though.
Speedruns - 01
Juncti - The reason why I'm fighting the monsters on the way up on Kashyyyk, is because then I will have Jolee with me since I'm forced to, and he does bring a tad extra power to the team, not much though since I'm doing most of the actual killing anyways, but since I'm stuck with him (as far as I know there's no way to ditch him down there?), it's better to do the killing when I have him with me than not, since he would still get stuck in the fights. Even if I managed to sneak past and get to the end of the map, he would be fighting them (cuz he can't do shit without the main character), and I couldn't transfer to the next area.

Anyways, what's next? Do I contact Radix now or what do I do next?

You're finished with all the videos right Juncti? (Sorry about FTP downtime, lots of stuff going on here)
Edit history:
Lord_Revan: 2005-07-10 07:50:15 pm
Die Meatbags Die!
Well on the front page there is a submission FAQ. You can contact him by ICQ, AIM, E-Mail, or PM him on this message board.

From my experience, he needed a 320x240 video at around 500 kbps and a 800x600 between 1000-1500+ kbps.  I definatly had to learn from my mistakes on this one. I used VirtualDUb to compress them.

Your run is on easy right? That would mean my run and your run should be seperate records. Radix still has to time and verify my run.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Yeah, I finished watching the whole thing. Shy of the few things mentioned and the couple of times when your party gets in the way or gets lost forcing you to wait I don't see much room for speeding this one up. I have yet to see the other run however so maybe some of the tactics from both runs might combine for an even faster run, but we won't know for a while.

Now I'm going back to playing Knights2, stuck at the warehouse with my T3 going against 3 HK's. Don't know how I'm going to beat them.
Speedruns - 01
I think if we both watch eachothers runs we can probably improve each time by atleast 5 minutes each. If I'm as lucky as I got here in the battles that is, cuz in the end it was all about saving and replaying a fight about 40 times to get it as good as possible since the hit ratio isn't so good.
asdf
Im eagerly awaiting to see this run. I always enjoyed playing KOTOR.
I'm addicted to games
So was Juncti watching Lord Raven's run or MNeMiC's?
Speedruns - 01
He was watching my run. How do I get the files to you Radix? Can you take them from my FTP? Do I upload them to your FTP? What's the best solution?
Edit history:
Lord_Revan: 2005-07-13 05:54:17 pm
Die Meatbags Die!
Yah Juncti was watching MNeMiC run. When it comes to verifing my run, perhaps Juncti or MNeMiC can do it?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm happy to help, the run was very fun to watch so I'm sure seeing different techniques and different planet order would be cool as well. Not to mention being a dark side run as opposed to the light side ending. Just let me know.
Yeah, it'd be cool of there were two different runs, one for dark side and one for light side.
I'm addicted to games
Quote:
Can you take them from my FTP?

Yes, that's easiest...
Speedruns - 01
Alright, I PM'ed you the FTP info.
Die Meatbags Die!
Hey MNeMiC or Juncti, I am not planning to do so anytime soon, but what do you guys think a 100% run should consist of? Obviously completing all of the sidequests would be mandatory, at least all that could be done, but what else? Collecting all the force crystals would be required I would think. Could such a run be completed in under 7 hours?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Given how fast you made it through the game I would think it's possible. Taris would take the longest I think, there's so many side quests.

Problems might arise when one side quest cancels another, or maybe they would be viewed as one side quest with alternate ways to do it. Like the Rakgoul serum.

Been a while since I played so I don't remember all the items.

Maybe instead of 100% start contemplating a KOTOR2 run? I think that would be doable.
Die Meatbags Die!
I am planning on doing a Kotor II run in the future, but I am planning on doing some other games I have first. Kotor II has some unique challenges that Kotor doesn't. The force powers, fighting styles, and character levels make it a much harder game to grasp. It will take me time to figure out how to play it properly and I am into another game at the moment. I would defiantly do a Kotor II run before a 100% Kotor run, though.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
If you can get there fast enough with lightning and death field that spot on Korriban would help with leveling up. That's the only level up spot I know in part 2.

But those are level 15 powers anyhow.  :-/
Die Meatbags Die!
I have read about some experience bugs on Nar Shadda. I ahven't tested them yet, though. I heard that their is a talking loop that can get 3000 exp each time. I might only work on the X-Box version or not at all.
Speedruns - 01
I'd say: no use of experience glitches!

It's just not right I think.