Use \ before commas in usernames
Dapper as fuck.
Well if I'm being called out...

Game Name: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
System: SNES
Category: any%
Gameplay Estimate: 2:20
Ending/Bonus: What Bich said
Pros/Cons: I'm still new, learned this for Scrubathon for the 6 man race.  I will grind to get my time more competitive if accepted.  Actually will probably do that even if not.
Possible Donation Incentives: What Bich said
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/philosoraptor42/v/28334865 (PB is currently 2:23:00, but as I said I'm working on it).
Edited my submission post so that Bich doesn't look dumb
Edit history:
Wyrmtalon: 2015-12-19 05:42:28 pm
Wyrmtalon: 2015-12-17 08:00:01 pm
I am a koala
No particular order of preference

Game Name: Dark Souls
System: original PS3, run on PC
Category: Gravelord Sword Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 1:45:00 (safe)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending, 1:00 Credits, 4:00 (can be skipped)
Pros/Cons:
+/-/? Not as traditional RPGish as many of the other offers
+ The game's difficulty casually makes the run appealing to a lot of people
+ Does not require any RNG drops (unlike some other categories)
+ Not very long
+ Fairly high skill run
- One of the slower routes used
-/+/? Game has been featured in many other marathons
-I'm still pretty new to the run (reason for such a safe estimate)
Possible Donation Incentives: Character Name (13 character limit), Character Gender, Ending choice (Link the Fire, Dark Lord)

Game Name: Suikoden
System: original PSX, run on PS3 PSN version
Category: No-Bribe Glitch Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:20:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending +10:00
Pros/Cons:
+Lots of different characters, variety in the party
+Three types of battle (though two of them are less frequent)
+Almost no grinding
+Potential file continuation into Suikoden 2
+Marathon safe
-Not many tricks
-Magic makes most fights easy after the early game
-Not many donation incentives
Possible Donation Incentives: Name the main character (8 character limit), Name the castle (8 character limit), Save Pahn
Sample run video: (I'm bad at recording my things so this is my run from RPGLB 2015, posted directly from the RPGLB youtube channel)

System: Original PSX, run on PS3 PSN version
Category: No-Bribe Glitch 100%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:50:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: +10:00
Pros/Cons:
same as no-bribe any% except
+all characters recruited
+special ending
-backtracking (for characters)
Possible Donation Incentives: Name the main character, Name the castle, Choose the 6th character for the final dungeon (I can offer suggestions)

System: Original PSX, Played on PS3 PSN version
Category: Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending +10:00
Pros/Cons:
Same as no bribe any% except
-less party variety
-most bosses are skipped
Possible Donation Incentives: Name main character, Name the castle, Save Pahn, Fight the final boss

System: Same as others
Category: 100%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: +10:00
Pros/Cons:
same as no bribe 100% except
-less party variety
-most bosses are skipped
Possible Donation Incentives: Name the character, Name the castle, Fight the final boss, Choose the 6th character for the final dungeon (I can offer suggestions)
No Preference

Game: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD
System: PS3
Category: Level 1 Critical Mode Terra/Ven/Aqua
Gameplay Estimate: 1:35:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0min ending (It can be entirely skipped to the final results screen) + up to 25mins for incentives
Pros/Cons: BBS gained some heavy popularity with the release of KH2.5, both in speedrunning and in general. The run is relatively short for an RPG with some time variance between the characters. The estimate given is based on Terra's run length; while Aqua's run, for instance, would likely finish around 1:10. All cutscenes can be skipped so the run is entirely battles, movement, and menus. While the runs are littered with small instances of RNG in battles, there's nothing run-ending and even the most costly deaths would only waste a couple minutes. I also believe that Birth By Sleep had one of the highest amounts donated per hour of screen time ratios from last year's RPG Limit Break (aka Vulajin vs Jhobz 2015).
Possible Donation Incentives: Character choice - Terra, Ventus, or Aqua, The Final Episode (the game's original epilogue with 2 boss fights), The Secret Episode (a new epilogue added in Final Mix with its own original boss fight), optional bosses - Mysterious Figure, No Heart, Monstro, Armor of the Master, Vanitas Remnant
Sample run video: Run starts at ~20mins and shows Aqua's route

Game: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
System: 3DS
Category: Any% NG+
Gameplay Estimate: 3:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 16min ending + up to 20mins for incentives
Pros/Cons: Another handheld Kingdom Hearts game that's soon to be ported to console with the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 2.8. This run takes advantage of one family of spells that is over-tuned compared to other commands. As this game introduced the Flowmation mechanic to the series, the movement can be surprisingly flashy. The major source of randomness in KH3D comes in the form of Battle Portals, optional fights spread throughout the game that are used for experience which affects the overall pace of a run. The run starts off slowly due to level grinding via a mini game for ~8 minutes before the first boss; however, it then picks up pace and contains small sections of downtime for the remainder of the run as Dives (this game's verion of Gummi Missions). Almost all cutscenes can be skipped, the exception being the ending credits.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the Dream Eaters (3D's party members), Lv1 Critical Julius (this game's superboss), optional story boss refights (requires watching the credits). As this game has a very heavy Balloon theme, I've tossed around the idea of doing balloon (or helium?) related incentives which would require staff input if accepted.
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/adamtimothy0/c/4833660
Game Name: Parasite Eve
System: PSX on PS2 77k/90k/ PSTV
Category: Any% RTA New Game
Gameplay Estimate: 3 hours 15 mins (including possible loads for chest manipulation)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: ~15 mins from last point where death can occur.
Pros: Interesting foray into the Squaresoft RPG library post FF7, one of the first RPGs with a modern setting, boss sequences are tense due to light bullet hell elements, relatively short for a full RPG, no/extremely little grinding, more conclusive evidence that super rats are in every Opera according to Squaresoft, and interesting cutscenes given the time of creation.
Cons: Admittedly long talking sequences at times, cutscenes are unskippable and there are two RNG chests in the run that can be saved before to manipulate but are necessary in the traditional run. I could pre-bake saves if necessary.
Possible Donation Incentives: Name Aya, no chest RNG manipulation (would have a back up Tool and could look into the feasibility of using the G3A3 instead of the Micro UZ, sing final credits song badly?
Sample run video: PB/Recorded WR -

Game Name: Shining Force Neo
System: PS2 Slim 77k/90k
Gameplay Estimate: 7:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 5:00
Pros: A literal roller coaster ride of danger, cutscenes and talking sequences can be skipped extremely fast, 30 random floors in Ordeals mean you have to be on your toees and adapt quickly, saves can be pre-baked for the most RNG heavy parts of the run, hate for this game would inspire people to watch a madman attempt to run this game, and the game is mostly playable with speedrun strats. Almost no one has seen this run, and a small group worked fairly hard to make this game playable through abuse of early access to high level spellcasting items, Invisibility spell abuse, structured skill leveling, and Chaos Gate abuse to avoid fighting rough spawns in Ordeals.

Cons: A literal roller coaster of a run, I save tons to avoid extremely punishing deaths, you can die in less than 1 second, RNG plays a heavy part in the first 30 mins and last 40 mins of the run (the first can be mitigated with a baked save), 30 floors of random dungeons make the Ordeals an erratic part of the run (I do my best to mitigate this by saving before going down to a new floor for favorable layouts), repetitive sound clips for allies attacking (Hot stuff coming your way!), and some grinding in the first 2 hours and some Legion Hives late game to power up items and skills. Legion hives are like mini- boss arenas.

Possible Donation Incentives:  All Normal Legion Hives, watch select cutscenes (Bar Fight, Dragon Egg Hatching, etc.)
Sample run video: PB/WR Video - http://www.twitch.tv/turbodog702/v/13695164

Side note: This is the worst game I have ever played, but I would gladly submit it to help out other people.
Edit history:
2bitmarksman: 2015-12-18 09:56:04 am
Ate the extra spicy banana
Game Name: Legend of Mana
System (Include both original system and system you plan to play on, if different): PS1
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Dragon Route
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 1:40:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 11 minutes for the ending and to get IGT (optional)
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines): Legend of Mana is a fast paced 2.5D action RPG game with a bit of sandbox elements on how artifacts are placed on the map and how this can effect changes to events in the world, to include a great overarching story and legendary soundtrack. Time differences stemming from amazing luck to dirt poor luck amount to approximately 8-10 minutes (my time estimate being closer to the worst case scenario for marathon planning purposes). I am open to doing  coop runof any of the three story lines or racing Dragon route. Coop runs will be significantly faster than a single player playthrough (about 4-5 minutes faster on average just for Dragon route) and more entertaining for the stream as well.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character name, gender, pet name, weapon name (we can change the names of our weapon drops), race/coop incentive with Falexxx1
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required):
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
Just a small edit but mind if the runner "Blkyoshi" is included in my submission pitch (as a co runner)?
Quote from zewing:
Just a small edit but mind if the runner "Blkyoshi" is included in my submission pitch (as a co runner)?

You're welcome to offer a co-op run, but it would be helpful to have him also come here and post that he's willing to participate in that run.
Quote from zewing:
Game Name: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
System: Nintendo Wii Backwards Compatability
Gameplay Estimate: 5:15 - 5:30

Pros: Unique Pokemon speedrun that uses Eeveelutions (what eevee evolves into, very popular set of evolutions amongst pokemon fans), as well as a unique Shadow Pokemon system.  Great soundtrack (Mirror B. Theme, just google it yo).  Run is also very reliable to complete regardless of nature.

Cons: Only fights Mirror B. 2 times.  In addition, this is the longest Pokemon speedrun. 

Possible Donation Incentives:  Bidding War between Joltoen and Espeon to be used in the run (I'll link runs that use each eeveelution for reference), main character's name as well as a name for Teddiursa.

Sample run video:

Run using Jolteon: http://www.twitch.tv/zewing/c/3090512
Run using Espeon:

Game: Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
System: GCN
Gameplay Estimate: 5:20:00
Personal Best (5:13:50 Real Time): http://www.twitch.tv/blkyoshi/c/4298488

Would be more than willing to co run this with zewing
Pudding%
In order of preference...

Game Name: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
System: PS2
Category: Any% Hector
Gameplay Estimate: 2:45:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending can be skipped, don't know how long it actually is (guessing 10m maybe?), +10 or 15m for fighting Legion, +10-20m for using other IDs than Battle as my main.
Pros/Cons:
+Combat is fast paced and frantic trying to control both Hector and the partially AI controlled ID.
+Different weapons have different combat styles, and no one weapon is the end-all be-all.
+Regardless of which ID is donated for, there'll still be some variety in what ID is being used since for some rooms it's faster to use the Mage ID.
+Let's face it, the Castlevania series is the home of the original JerkBird.
-Dracula forgot to lock a lot of the doors, leading to a few sections where I'm just running through rooms ignoring everything.
-RNG for drops needed to craft items (most of the time I can just deal with not having the correct weapon, only a select few instances where I absolutely need something specific).
-A few of the steals require the enemy to do a specific attack, which can waste time.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the IDs (12 character limit, there's 5 of them, though not all are used for very much), fighting Legion, possible incentive for which ID I use as my primary companion (Battle or Mage, possibly Bird but haven't routed it yet)
Sample run video: Blame Twitch for multiple parts
http://www.twitch.tv/dragondarchsda/v/30187680 (Part 1)
http://www.twitch.tv/dragondarchsda/v/30187795 (Part 2)
http://www.twitch.tv/dragondarchsda/v/30187893 (Part 3)
http://www.twitch.tv/dragondarchsda/v/30187963 (Part 4)

Game Name: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
System: DS
Gameplay Estimate: 2:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending can be skipped, but probably 10m?
Pros/Cons:
+TRPG mixed with Valkyrie Profile's battle system. Battles require good positioning with all characters since any party members in range can join in another's assault. Main character has an ability that will boost an ally's stats to ludicrous levels and allow the main character to learn a powerful ability based on which character is chosen, however that character will permanently die after the combat. This mechanic is key, as some of those abilities are needed to finish runs. In addition, all characters will be used in some fashion. All cutscenes are skippable as well.
-Combat choices are fairly limited since the joint attacks are the main way of fighting. Battles where a character is sacrificed are very straightforward, and not the most interesting.
Possible Donation Incentives: Chapter 2 route (3 completely different battles, affects which characters join and which plume abilities I'll have for later fights, which changes the strats used)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/dragondarchsda/c/6460457

Game Name: Drakkhen
Gameplay Estimate: 0:50:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending (10m?), glitch/oddity showcase (10m)
Pros/Cons:
+Lot's of WTF factor since almost no one really understands how anything works in this game.
+Lot's of odd monsters that make even odder noises.
+Moat Shark.
+Pots & Pans Robot.
+Breadsnake.
+HAKK HAKK!
-Not making it to Dawn Castle by 2nd dawn wastes ~8 minutes, though I could try and show off odd monsters if this happens...
-Very easy to die and need to reload.
-Early money grinding session required, and the shop may take a few tries to get the items I need to show up.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the 4 party members, glitch/oddity showcase.
Sample run video:
WR Video
http://www.twitch.tv/dragondarchsda/v/28878790 More than likely what a marathon run will look like

Game Name: Paladin's Quest
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending (5-10m)
Pros/Cons:
+Cutscenes take up very little of the run.
+Easy to understand battle system.
+There's a character named Mouth. Kappa.
-Slow movement speed.
-Frequent battles.
-Monsters aren't always balanced very well, making some areas much more dangerous than they need to be.
-Can only save in towns, which usually means a hefty time loss if a game over occurs.
-Final boss can pretty much wipe me whenever he feels like it, regardless of how much safety I add in.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the 2 main characters.
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/dragondarchsda/c/6616724
Edit history:
Ghoul02: 2015-12-21 02:35:14 pm
Ghoul02: 2015-12-21 02:33:46 pm
Ghoul02: 2015-12-19 01:59:36 am
Ghoul02: 2015-12-19 01:58:53 am
Ghoul02: 2015-12-19 01:11:23 am
Ghoul02: 2015-12-18 09:21:26 pm
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Listed in order of preference, but would be thrilled to do all of these.
Game Name:  Persona 4 Golden
System: PSVita
Category: Bad End, Normal End, True End, Golden End (all on Hard Mode)
Gameplay Estimate: 8:30/9:30/10:30/11:15
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15-30 minutes, depending on incentives
Pros: Completely marathon safe; deaths will not cost more than a few minutes unless during a boss fight (most boss deaths are relatively quick as well). The run has varied strats to make the single main party member able to perfectly counter and beat each major boss. Game is megapopular and this will be right around when Persona 5 fervor will reach a fury pitch. Contacts at Atlus might mean potential for interviews, prizes, promotion. Tons of donation incentive and prize potential. Lots of ideas for how to handle down time during the run. Please note that my PB is decently old, and I’ve worked on implementing much better, faster and safer strats into the run. I’ve been working with Mulsqi, the current WR holder, for the last few months and he agrees that this is a very easy estimate to hit and may come down before the marathon.
Cons: Sheer length is obviously the biggest one.  It is a long game, and there are segments of 30 minutes+ where I’m just pushing the story to get to the next dungeon.  There are two major grinding segments, however, there is plenty to talk about during each one.
Donation Incentives: Naming MC, Upping difficulty from Very Easy up to Hard, extending the run past the Any% ending, adding an extra social link to the run of their choice (Rise, Yukiko, Naoto, Kanji, Yosuke, etc). If done only Any%, can choose to save or kill the suspect, Doing a dance from Dancing all Night (likely adds 6 minutes: target would be Backside of the TV), showing some or all of the animated cutscenes (full playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzgZOwDtjTXuzH9-xHeBgHzHFAEpJsbRk),  costume themes (Default/Persona 3/Bathing Suits/Christmas/Halloween), Fish vs Corn vs Wrench weapon for one of party members
Sample Video: http://www.speedrun.com/Persona_4_The_Golden will have links to both my PB and Mulsqi’s WR. Note that our timing is from New game to NG+ save, which happens 15 minutes after the final boss. This can be cut short if needed or set to automatically advance.
To be totally honest, this is probably more complex than I can put into words here. If you guys are interested, we can talk logistics and if it’s a realistic fit.

Game Name: The World Ends With You
System: DS (to be played on 3DS XL)
Category: Any% Normal
Gameplay Estimate: 5:30:00 (very safe, may come down by 15-20 minutes)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15:00
Pros: Incredibly deep, compex combat system, it’s completely unique and entertaining, involving both screens, the D-pad and the touch screen, all at the same time. Completely new reroute in the last year abuses an equipment that puts you in critical health in exchange for extra EXP and equipment that increases damage while in critical health. Plenty to talk about and an incredible story.  Nomura’s most recent non KH/FF title. Deaths and RNG are minimal. Fantastic music music
Cons: Fair number of cutscenes, with relatively slow text speed. Game will be difficult to make a truly effective layout for, since both screens are equally important. Fairly long and will need to be creative to make effective incentives. Large amount of action on the touch screen means I can’t look up as much, which might create an isolated feel for the run.
Donation Incentives: Mini Tin Pin Slammer Tournament  finals(minigame like Beyblade, can be shown via just one DS), Save or leave Uzuki and Kariya (adds 2 minutes)
Sample Video: Battle showcase video: http://www.twitch.tv/ghoul02/v/30714171
Eekcast’s WR (showcases the newest route) and my PB can be found here (My PB is using an older route and was a very early run) http://www.speedrun.com/twewy

Game Name: Tales of Vesperia
Category: Any% (can only guarantee Easy difficulty, but intend to do on Normal)
Gameplay Estimate: 5:20:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate:15:00
Pros:  One of the most beloved 3D Tales, game still looks incredible. Combat is nuanced in a way that Xillia doesn’t have, relying on precise input and positioning to maximize damage output. Boss fights are tense as I will be extremely underleveled/armored throughout the full run, overlimit brings bosses out of stun which prevents true infinites. Save points before each major fight mean that the run is relatively safe. Very few optional fights done. Have an idea for something really cool to be done at the final boss but I’d like to keep it a secret from most people.
Cons: PS3 release is Japanese only (Can play on English patch if I get a hacked PS3, but all voice acting will still be in Japanese. English 360 version is not viable for marathon run), will not be done co-op, 360 exclusive in the US means less exposure than a few others in the series.
Donation Incentives: DLC Costume bid wars, naming characters, who wears the sexy dress (Estelle, Judith, Karol, can make them wear for rest of run)
Sample Video: I’m still in the process of learning this run, but Nezumii’s WR can be found here - http://www.twitch.tv/nezumiirta/v/20101156

Game Name:  Yo-kai Watch
System: 3DS
Category: Any%, No Passwords/QR Codes
Gameplay Estimate: 3:15:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10:00
Pros: Incredibly cute game that combines Warioware minigames with Shin Megami Tensei style demon capture combat. Megapopular in Japan currently (Outselling every 3DS game that is not Monster Hunter, essentially http://bombch.us/BvQ3 ), and is attempting a similar approach to the US that Pokemon did. The combat has surprising depth and the difficulty ramps up greatly as the party falls well behind on levels. Almost all of our party will be story Yo-kai, which also has a side benefit that no Yo-kai is used for a very long period of time. Lots of naming incentives, none of which would cost time outside of the time to enter them. Potential race with Osey, but also works very well as a solo run. All cutscenes are skippable, and the run essentially becomes an exciting boss rush, where each boss has different gimmicks and methods of fighting.
Cons: The run gets very difficult at the end, which may lead to deaths, but the run estimate accounts for this. One really bad spot of RNG that may cost multiple minutes (finding a specific beetle for a necessary quest). Game potentially skews a bit on the young side, so the demographic for donations may not quite be there.
Donation Incentives: Boy or Girl character, Character name. 4 Yo-kai names, the remaining ones can be named after emotes, upcoming runs and/or prizes (obviously only done if not a race). Can also be done in Japanese if desired (i.e. Nico restream for a Japanese audience). If done as race, Osey and I can literally battle each other at the conclusion of the run.
Sample Video: http://www.twitch.tv/ghoul02/v/31050437

Game: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
System: GCN on Wii
Category: Any% 4 Player Co-op with Gedrith, KirbyMastah and Ourolen.
Gameplay Estimate: 2:45:00
Ending estimate: 10:00
Pros/Cons: See Gedrith and KirbyMastah’s notes.
Donation Incentives: 4 character names
Sample Video: Since I’ve never done a 4 player run personally, the only video I can show is the ESA video Gedrith linked.
I am, however, one of the best English speaking runners of the game and will be able to get the other runners to speed very quickly.

As an aside, I am the 5th/emergency runner for the Xillia crew’s Dragons Crown run as a backup if something changes in one of the other runner’s circumstances. If it doesn’t, I’d like to host the game if it gets in, but I know that comes later.

EDIT: Yo-kai watch is 15 minutes shorter, new video, and new incentive of Osey and I fighting after the run.
Edit history:
Ghostwheel: 2015-12-18 10:05:42 pm
The artist formerly known as Qxy
Game name: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.
System: GBA
Category: any% Sora
Estimate: 2:40:00
Ending+ Bonus Content: 5:00 (Optional Boss fight)
This is my flagship game; I'm one of the only active runners but I hold high standards for myself. I've run this at online marathons 3 times, and every time it's been met with positive reception as a run people didn't expect to be interesting or entertaining because the community is so small.
Pros:
+It's a unique run, the likes of which is only really comparable to MMBN games. In fact, the runs are pretty comparable for marathon sustainability, replacing time spent walking around with card farming.
+There's a backup save file for the one RNG killer of the run, so that's no longer an issue.
+Interesting boss fights that depend on creative deckbulding taken from a set of cards unique to the run.
+Many boss fights depend on being one hit away from dying, and I can pull this off consistently
+I can promise great commentary
+Cutscenes are entirely skippable and walking around is minimal. Farming is technical and I can fill the time with commentary.
Cons:
-Farming still takes a while, and it can drag
-Limited opportunity for donation incentives
-Game is less accessible to those who haven't played it (but honestly it probably beats out most nonaction RPGs on this point.) http://www.twitch.tv/ghost_wheel/c/6504618

Game: Radiant Historia
System: DS
Gameplay Estimate: 4:20:00
Ending/Bonus: 5:00-15:00
I learned this game a few months ago, achieved PBs that were minutes off of record at the time, and contributed a decent amount to the route in that time. Then my 3DS capture card started getting finicky and I shelved the game as I got busy. Since then DraaagonLX (now Zinfogel) has continued to put tons of work into the game and I'd be able to learn the route changes before a marathon like this. I'm too stuck cleaning up end of year exams for Grad school to produce a good sample video, but if the game is accepted, we can settle who runs between me and eLmaGus later. Here's what I can add to Pros/Cons
+Combat system is incredibly unique, with a combo system that rewards risky play and allows you to take these risks by changing characters turns around. This lets you stack turns while taking a defense penalty. In addition, combos are geometrically based, allowing you to optimize fights by pushing enemies around a 3x3 grid and killing them all at once.
+ There are a variety of characters which get use, each with their own unique niche.
+ Boss fights are incredibly varied, allow different sets of characters to be used, are often in groups, and incredibly dangerous at low levels.
+Cutscenes are skippable and random encounters are escapable in the overworld.
+RNG is minimal, and the run is marathon safe
+The game is very well regarded among people who have played it.
Cons
-Fast and complicated menuing involving a wide set of abilities combined with the dual screens and ability to swap turns can make the game difficult to follow for players who haven't seen it.
-Game is longer than some I guess
Edit history:
LBlueEagle: 2015-12-18 10:25:39 pm
Game Name: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
System: GameCube played on Wii
Gameplay Estimate: 5:15:00
Pros: This game is a very interesting pokemon game and involves a lot of unique battles due to the double battle mechanics. Miror B.'s theme.
Cons: A couple parts of the game are a bit easier than others but those only come during the mid game
Possible Donation Incentives: Pokemon Names. Also Bid War between Espeon and Jolteon
Sample run video:(Since Zewing already linked my PB run here is the run i did during the PSR Marathon)

Game Name: Xenoblade Chronicles
System: Wii
Category: New Game any%
Estimate: 9:30:00
Ending/Bonus Content: None
Pros: With the new glitch to get to level 50 the speedrun has significantly improved and has some more interesting strats involved
Cons: Some Grinding is still needed
Sample Video: (This is Legrandgrand's PB because I do not have a run highlighted yet)(Also the run linked is done on Wii U VC which saves over an hour to the Wii Disc) http://www.twitch.tv/legrandgrand/v/10454630
Edit history:
gyre: 2015-12-19 01:09:24 am
gyre: 2015-12-19 01:05:40 am
Sorted in order of preference.

Game Name: Final Fantasy
System: GBA (Gamecube Player)
Gameplay Estimate: 3:15:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:20:00 (10 minutes credits, 10 minutes postgame boss)
Pros/Cons: Although we did Final Fantasy on the NES last year, this is a completely different run.  The bugs are fixed, encounter manipulation is gone, and the whole game moves much faster.  Bosses have been buffed tremendously but this hardly slows us down.  This version looks and sounds great with heavy emphasis on improvisation during the run.  Every playthrough is a little different with all of the party members having something to contribute.  Save anywhere makes the marathon route safe despite lots of randomness.  Less than 5 minutes of cutscenes.  Estimate is for doing all incentives, otherwise the run is about 10 minutes faster.
Possible Donation Incentives:
- Names for 4 characters
- Red Mage vs Thief vs Black Mage for 4th character slot
- Finish without doing the class change quest
- Fight Kary, Kraken, and Tiamat in reverse order
- Beat Chaos with our bare hands
- Fight 1 postgame superboss: Gilgamesh, Scarmiglione, Cagnazzo, Echidna, Ahriman, Cerberus, or Two-Headed Dragon
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required): http://www.twitch.tv/gyre_/v/17189998

Game Name: Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
System: PS4
Category: NG+
Gameplay Estimate: 3:45:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:30:00 (15 minutes credits, 15 minutes dlc bosses)
Pros/Cons: The latest Dragon Quest spinoff is pretty different from most other submissions with a heavy dose of action and real-time team tactics.  Characters span a significant fraction of the Dragon Quest series overall.  This run uses NG+ to show off the whole story without having to grind anywhere.  The run uses a few glitches and sequence breaks while mostly playing it straight and emphasizing tight routing.  In a normal speedrun the action tends to be dominated by 3 characters but for a marathon run I'm budgeting some extra time to do incentives, show off more characters, and make the gameplay more balanced.  All cutscenes are skippable except for the ending credits.
- Names for Aurora and Luceus
- Aurora vs Luceus for the main hero
- English vs Japanese voices
- Standard, alternate, and special costumes (DQ3 hero costume for main hero, original DQ4 costume for Alena)
- Pick a favorite DQ character to watch their intro cutscene and have them in the party (Alena, Kiryl, Terry, Jessica, Yangus, Bianca, Nera, Maya)
- Fight and recruit Psaro from DQ4
- Fight Bjørn the Behemoose from DQ5
- Fight Nokturnus from DQ6
- Fight Zoma from DQ3
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required): http://www.twitch.tv/gyre_/v/30041403

Game Name: Final Fantasy IV
Category: any% some number of players and controllers
Gameplay Estimate: 2:15:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:15:00
Pros/Cons: There have been a lot of marathons recently with this game.  The any% run has a unique finish and playing coop would be a novelty.  Incentives for coop are weaker than a solo run by Roth.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character names, fighting Calbrena
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required): http://www.twitch.tv/gyre_/v/19074804

Game Name: Dragon Quest
System: SFC
Gameplay Estimate: 2:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:10:00
Pros/Cons: This run is almost exactly the same as the GBC version I played last year with better graphics and Japanese text.  The SFC version is a slight bit safer due to Loto's armor having an extra 1 HP per tile recovery rate.  My PB on GBC would be near the top of the Japanese leaderboard for the SFC version.  I'm submitting this in case there's interest in doing the Loto trilogy 1-2-3 on SFC.  Otherwise, this game probably doesn't get a repeat.
Possible Donation Incentives: Puff Puff dance, lower level Dragonlord attempt
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required): http://www.twitch.tv/gyre_/v/4632718
Edit history:
PX_: 2015-12-19 12:30:30 pm
PX_: 2015-12-19 03:40:45 am
PX_: 2015-12-19 03:39:11 am
PX_: 2015-12-19 03:19:10 am
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
In Order of Preference

Game Name: Legend of Mana
System: PS1 on PS2
Category: Dragon/Faerie/Jumi Storyline
Gameplay Estimate: 1:40:00/2:05:00/2:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 11 minutes ending, 3 minutes Land Bopper minigame
Pros: Offering up a bid war between storylines, could do potential race/co-op, RNG costs minimal time so could make for a good race or a blow out by a few minutes
Cons: The time differences between the 3 storylines make for weird scheduling in case a bid war is chosen, RNG could cost time
If a single storyline is chosen other than a bid war:
Dragon: The fastest of the storylines, minimal backtracking, mostly action with little breaks in between, has 2 12.5% weapon drops needed for the run with one of them at the beginning so farm may be necessary, very straightforward and shows off very little of the game and story is very simple
Faerie: Middle in length, lots of revisiting the same areas over again, lots of walking around/talking especially in the beginning, actually features a glitch!, story has a lot of depth into it so I can talk about it during downtime, features some very fun side quests
Jumi: Longest and most complicated of the storylines, very deep story so there's lot to talk about, ton of time spent running around talking to NPCs between combat areas, doing this storyline is very complicated and one mistake could cost a ton of time, this route does have us be the most powerful and we actually use a different weapon than the other routes, still haven't learned the route but I have notes so I could easily learn it
Possible Donation Incentives: Storyline Bid War, Character Name&Gender
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required):
Dragon
http://www.twitch.tv/pxtfd/v/28988851 Faerie

Game Name: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
System: PS3 (PC)
Gameplay Estimate: 2:50:00 (2:30:00?)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: N/A
Pros: Shortest run of the FFXIII trilogy, fast paced combat, bosses are destroyed really quickly abusing the battle mechanics, final boss has more stuff happening on the screen than the average Michael Bay movie
Cons: Mistakes could easily lead to resorting to safety saves, one really awful RNG segment to farm an ability drop although that can be minimized with marathon strats, lots of running around, mixed reception game
Misc: The PC version came out and it's faster due to reducing loads. Being a Squarenix port, it is buggy and quirky on compatibility to PCs, I haven't messed around with it due to not having a good controller and it not running optimally on my PC, but I could run it on that version
Possible Donation Incentives: Dress Color, English vs Japanese language rolling
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/pxtfd/v/18409312

Game: Dragon's Crown
Confirming co-op with Xillia Crew

Game: Valkyria Chronicles
System: PC
Gameplay Estimate: 2:20:00
Ending/Bonus Estimates: 2:00 (Show off a pc exclusive glitch)
Pros/Cons: I use many different strategies from the run done last year that are faster, riskier, and more exciting. RNG can waste a ton of time, and it was done last year. Pretty much a salty runback.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character Voice Language (English vs Japanese)
Sample Run Video: http://www.twitch.tv/pxtfd/v/13997324

Game Name: Eternal Sonata
System: Xbox 360
Category: Any% (360)
Gameplay Estimate: 3:30:00
Pros/Cons: Just throwing in as a backup runner for this game in case something causes Ouro to be unable to run it
Possible Donation Incentives: Character Voice Languages (Japanese vs English)
Sample run video:
Game: Final Fantasy XII
System: Playstation 2
Gameplay Estimate: 7:15:00
Pros: The technicality of the run is very noticeable, there's always something going on, whether it be battles, grinding, or traveling, there is no down time in terms of doing absolutely nothing, so there will be plenty of time to explain everything. This is a run where it'll never go the same way twice, so as someone with extensive knowledge of the game and run, this will be shown off very well.
Cons: There is a good bit of grinding in the run, but the grinding is not "free" and actually takes skill. This will, however, allow time to explain aspects of the run that might not be obvious.
Possible Donation Incentives: I can run the game very proficiently in English or Japanese, so that could be used as a donation incentive. I can also do some of the fights blindfolded consistently, so this could be used as well.
Sample run video: I do not have a proper video as it was lost due to file corruption, but I have a more than respectable time at a 6:45. Freddeh's is going to be more or less what mine is.
Edit history:
Brossentia: 2015-12-19 10:57:46 am
Brossentia: 2015-12-19 10:56:41 am
Brossentia: 2015-12-19 10:55:10 am
Brossentia: 2015-12-19 10:54:42 am
No pain, no gain
Game Name: Fallout 4
System (Include both original system and system you plan to play on, if different): PC, version 1.1.30
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Any%
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 2:00:00 (will likely come down with practice; this also takes loads into account)
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 2 minutes for now.
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines): Fallout 4 has had an amazing release, and what better way is there to celebrate than to break it apart? As with any Bethesda RPG, this run relies heavily on glitches, such as:
-Jumping over walls to get Out of Bounds
-Using a crouch storage glitch to literally fly across the world
-Entering power armor to walk through walls and get Out of Bounds
-Activating the final quest within 20 minutes of starting the run
-Having infinite money, bling bling
It's an incredibly entertaining run, both for people who have played it and have never seen it. Some glitches can be pretty frustrating (especially using items to jump over walls), and while they generally don't lose a huge amount of time, it still can take time to get them right. We cap the run at 60FPS to keep the glitches as reliable and consistent and possible. Also, the route is still changing quite a bit as of late; there's a good chance that it could change drastically before the marathon happens.

The biggest downside is that I haven't had a good amount of time to practice this yet, mostly because I just managed to get a version of the game that can execute all the glitches. If someone else submitted the run and was more experience, I would be happy to let them run it. It's still an amazing enough run that I feel it would be a great addition to this marathon.
Possible Donation Incentives: Male or Female. If really desired, we can setup some basic character designs for incentives, as well. Also, character name.
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required): http://www.speedrun.com/Fallout_4 has the latest world records. I would suggest checking out NegaPhil's video; run starts around 19:10. As a note, the video is vulgar at times, and this is not representative of the commentary that would be at the marathon.

Game Name: Wolf Quest
System (Include both original system and system you plan to play on, if different): PC
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Any%
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 00:22:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 3-4 minutes to show how the game's physics inexplicably break once you beat it.
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines):
Pro: The best canine-based RPG. Even beats THE DOG Island. Could have both in "Totally an RPG" block.
Pro: Super fast.
Pro: Best guitar music ever.
Con: You have to drown your own puppies for the speedrun Sad
Con: The first couple of minutes are kind of boring. Still more exciting than the first couple minutes of Fallout 4, though.
Con: Sometimes my wife doesn't follow me to the end, and the alpha puppy sometimes gets carried off by an eagle.
Pro(or con?): There are for realsies urination strats.
Basically, I enjoy the run a lot, and it's a quick game. Some might complain that it's not RPG-ey enough, but for a game developed by a zoo with government funds, I think we need to show off how our taxes are being used.
Possible Donation Incentives: Wolf, wolfess, and puppy names. As a note, all but one puppy die in this run, so we could just have donations for puppy names. Top four get named, top name doesn't get sacrificed.
Sample run video (strongly encouraged but not required): Current record: http://www.twitch.tv/brossentia/c/4301581
Edit history:
spikevegeta2: 2015-12-19 12:42:55 pm
For my order of preference, I care most about Chrono Cross, but EvilAsh NEEDS to be a part of the run no matter what, as he is THE major reason are times are finally comparable to the JRTA community, as much of the route is his baby. My time IS very close to his though, so I would love to co-op it, and he seems down, but if a solo run is preferred, it shoul be EvilAsh, and I'll commentate with him.
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 I like Standard/Proud the most, but depending on which category is picked I can provide depth and a race for any of them. My times in Beginner/Standard are pretty decent considering the number of runs I've done of those, so I have no doubt I could help if a race is on the table.

FF9 is really just if you want it, I wouldn't mind going back for RPG LB purposes, and I'm a much better runner/practicer since I ran the game 30 months ago.

Game Name: Chrono Cross
System: PS2 (PS1 Game)
Gameplay Estimate: 7:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 0:13:00 for Ending, No Bonus Content from me, but could learn Burning Orphange segment with EvilAsh if desired.
Pros: Even if CT fans don't want to recognize it as a sequel, it has it's own huge fan-base that has never played towards in a Live Marathon Setting. Game has a super in-depth battle system that allows us to make many creative battle strats and also come up with some interesting battle/equip strats on the fly depending on Misses, Stat RNG. No Grinding needed at any point, and 7:30 is realitvely short for PS1 RPG's. EvilAsh and I going guarantees good commentary throughout. Run is actually incredibly safe as you can run from ANY encounter in the game, including the final boss. Oh, and one of the best OST's of all time.

Cons: Collecting the MasterMune some-what trivializes the final 1/3rd of the run, but it also allows for some mind-blowing strats like the Dragon God, Green Dragon, many other fights when mixed with the Vigora ability, and the Dario fight itself, as it's a fight many think you can only beat on a NG+ file. Alternatively, and I have to talk with EvilAsh about this, but we could also learn the Non-MasterMune route and make it a bid war, but it WOULD be slower and rely more on RNG, meaning it could take anywhere between 10 and 25 minutes longer. However that route hasn't been worked on much at all, so if it's desired we could put in the time. The route SHOULD still be safe at 7:30:00 so there's that.
-Good Ending, adding only 1 minute to the run. It's the category we run anyways, but the Bad Ending isn't any harder to execute.
-Naming a number of used characters, including Serge, Kid, Leena, Pierre, Glenn, Sprigg, Harle, Marcy, Fargo. Could also take donations for less-used/not used characters such as Karsh, Poshul, Starky, Riddel, Zoah, Viper, Macha, Radius and others if people just want them without plugging them into the tracker.
-Watch the Ending Credits, which include the beloved song Radical Dreamers.
-Burning Orphange Sequence. Haven't done this myself, but EvilAsh offered it, and it allows us to save Kid from her Coma.
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/spikevegeta/v/18426327

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Category: any% Beginner Mode
Gameplay Estimate: 3:00:00
Ending/Bonus Content Estimate: 0:20:00 for Ending, Probably like 0:10:00 for Sephiroth/Unknown each. No time for Disney Songs as they'll just cover up Gummi Missions, slower stretches.
Pros: Basically offering this as depth or if you decide you want a race. Beginner allows for the most consistent category as many bosses die very fast, particularly in the first half of the run. Is probably the most optimized KH Speed category, and is consistent enough to where if you can get runners on a similar level, it can make for an exciting race, as it's less about survival compared to Proud, but more about nailing all the strats. And just because bosses die sooner doesn't mean fights are overly simple either, as a slightly miss-timed hit, or whiffing a combo can ruin a fight and cost a lot of time. Highlight fights include Jafar, Anti-Sora, Hook, Maleficent, Dragon Maleficent, Riku II, Final Heartless Wave, and Riku II(Reference Bl00dyBizkit's VOD to see) Game also has suprisingly deep movement tech/tricks not seen in most any other KH game. Tricks include skipping a chamber in Monstro, skipping up to the Monstro boss sooner, and 3 Dumbo Skips in Hollow Bastion.

Cons: It's Beginner, so many will be turned off from the name alone, and how quickly early fights such as Guard Armor and Clayton die so fast, as people's memories of KH1 was that those fights we're very frustrating and hard to survive. Right now, Bl00dy is pretty far ahead of the other potential racers, so this isn't a great race at the moment. I've put close to no work into this, and people like Jhobz are getting better, so if this we're chosen, I promise we would put in the time.
Possible Donation Incentives: All of Bl00dy's incentives sound good. Can also sing Disney Songs if desired.
Sample Run Video: http://www.twitch.tv/spikevegeta/v/29263578 (Part 1)
http://www.twitch.tv/spikevegeta/v/29285966 (part 2) Twitch got poopy near the end of the run, pretty much just shows I got a Sub-3 in 2 runs after actually learning the route.

Category: any% Standard Mode
Ending/Bonus Content Estimate: 0:20:00 for Ending, Probably like 0:10:00 for Sephiroth/Unknown each. No time for Disney Songs as they'll just cover up Gummi Missions, slower stretches.

Pros: IMO the best KH 1.5 Speed Category. Presents a perfect balance between runners avoiding death like in Proud and going fast like in Beginner. Bosses are much more like people remember them KH1 Original Days. Category is basically a Proud Mode Strats without Exp 0 Storage Strats(Which I think are super cool for a marathon setting, but some could view as cheap), and without dying for pretty much no reason all over the place. Would be a great race category between Bl00dy, Bizkit047, Jhobz and I.
Cons: No Exp 0 Strats(Again, it's only used 5 times, so it isn't OVER-used, and blows many people's minds). Isn't the easiest Difficulty, but also isn't the hardest, so some might say it's wimpy to not just do Proud.

Possible Donation Incentives: Same as any other category.
Sample Run Video: I can PM you a video, don't want to post it here for reasons. 3:23:xx is the time, currently 5th place after 2 runs.

Category: any% Proud Mode

Pros: The Highest Difficulty, so watching how runners can survive allows for many "Clutch Saves". In-depth knowledge is required to not only finish every fight, but also survive them. Many fights have become MUCH better/faster/more-consistent in the last year, including using the "Wishing Star" Keyblade on much of the Mid-Game, turning fights such as Anti-Sora and Hook from 3 minute fights into 90 second fights. Again, Exp 0 gets used here to showcase a glitch where we can "Store" our Damage Multiplier from an Aerial Finisher, then apply that to Summons and Magic Attacks to kill Dragon Maleficent, Chernabog, Ansem 1, Ansem 3 and Ansem 4 Much Faster.  Runners are becoming more consistent at this, so deaths would be at a minimum if we are practiced by the event.  Even so, while a race COULD allow for big time loss, it can also allow for big time gains with a death, adding a level of excitment to the race not there in the other categories. Racers 1 through 4 would have a much smaller gap then the FF4 race last year if you need a reference point, even on this difficulty.

Cons: Sadly, there are a decent amount of cases in this difficulty where if it wants you dead, you're probably just going to die. This game has balance issues compared to KH2.
Possible Donation Incentives: Same as any other category.
Sample Run Video: http://www.twitch.tv/spikevegeta/v/29027954 (PB with new route, real PB is 3:22:xx)

Game Name: Final Fantasy IX
System: PS2 (PS1 Game)
Gameplay Estimate: 9:40:00
Ending/Bonus Content Estimate: 0:30:00 for Ending. Vivi/Quina Marriage adds like 1 minute at most, singing would be either a part of the credits, or we stick it during a slower segment of the run.
Pros: 2nd most beloved PS1 RPG after FF7. Strats are varied and game is much more about micro-management as opposed to one over powered technique. Menu's are maybe the best any speed game has to offer and you do a lot of them. Stutter Stepping also just about stamps out all over-world encounters and is fun to watch. and again, one of the greatest OST's of all time.
Cons: Game has some dull stretches with a lot of text mashing. I haven't run the game with the updated route at all, so really offering this as depth if you want FF9 in the marathon, I'm more then capable of doing it. Gameplay estimate is safe since encounters can make the time jump all over the place. Time could end up anywhere between 9:00 and 9:30 realistically.
Possible Donation incentives: Naming the 8 characters, Quina/Vivi Marriage, singing the ending theme. Playing Black Jack after the credits.

Sample Run Video: None right now, 9:26 from years ago is PB when I actually ran it(Was WR for like 20 hours, was cool)
Category: Any% Glitchless
Gameplay Estimate: 4:15:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:30:00 (Extra Bosses - Any and all could be used)
Pros: FF4 Glitchless runs are largely only displayed in the Japanese community.  This run would give viewers to opportunity to see that this game, even with no glitches, can still be completed in under 4 hours. As this game is popular,  I may suspect many viewers will be familiar with either the Any% or no64 routes, if not both.
Cons: FF4 SNES was featured heavily last year at RPGLB and will be featured at AGDQ this year.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character Names, Additional Bosses

Game Name: Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
System: PSP
Category: Any% (Glitchless)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Varied
Pros: The PSP version of FF4 has never been showcased at a speedrunning event. Due to additions and bugfixes, this game runs very quickly and is very fast paced when inputting commands. Additionally,  the ability to switch party members for the final dungeon allows for multiple possibilities of how the end-game will play out (can be determined by donation incentives). Peoples' reactions when seeing zeromus die in under 2 minutes make it very much worth it.
Cons: Auto Battle. Although the reaction to auto battle is generally positive, the ability to set the cursor to memory and then set the game to auto sometimes takes away the suspense.
Possible Donation Incentives: Final party formation, additional bosses, character names

Category: Any% / Any% Gimmick
Gameplay Estimate: 2:15:00
Bonus Estimate: 0:25:00
Pros: Gimmick runs are fun. Any% FF4 is fun. For the "gimmick", I would submit 2p1c, 2p2c, or one-handed runs as possibilities.  The_Roth and I completed a 2p2c run of any% back in May, and it was extraordinarily fun.
Cons: Gimmick runs have a tendency to make games appear to  be devalued, although they are often incredibly difficult.
Donation Incentives: Type of Gimmick run, character names, any% glitched room explorations, etc
**To go along with this, I also would like to submit FF4 any% played normally**

**I am willing to race SNES any% (normal or gimmick) with any attendees, if they are amicable**
I am a koala
just informative, added a second game to my list (only offered one category for that one though)
Edit history:
JHobz: 2015-12-19 06:19:04 pm
JHobz: 2015-12-19 06:18:02 pm
JHobz: 2015-12-19 06:15:54 pm
JHobz: 2015-12-19 06:11:33 pm
Professional Race Slut
Game Name: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD (from the 1.5 Remix collection)
Category: Any% (Beginner Mode) (possible race)
Gameplay Estimate: 2:55
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:10-1:10 (10 minutes for Sephiroth/Unknown/IRG, up to 1h for extra worlds--see detailed timing under incentives)
Pros:
* This run is insanely optimized, down to the last Shadow.
* Many bosses have very impressive strats that will blow the mind of any casual player.
* Very marathon safe
* Childhood classic that mixes the nostalgia of Disney and Final Fantasy.
* Gummi missions offer great chances for donation reading.
* Very different from the Proud run that will be done at AGDQ 2016.
* Excellent race category.
Cons:
* A decent chunk of the game will look "too easy" to the casual audience due to early strength boosts (a large portion of this is also attributed to the fact that many viewers will have not played the Final Mix version and remember a tougher game)
* Hook's Ship: a ~30% chance to lose 0:50 (or ~70% chance to lose 1:30 if Atlantica incentive is met).
* Hook's Ship RNG can almost single-handedly decide a race winner (although it can also even the playing field!)
* Because the original version did not have cutscene skips, part of the nostalgia for viewers is cutscene-centric and we skip them in this version
* The preferred version is in Japanese. Japanese saves ~50s due to text.
* LV1 Sephiroth/Unknown
* Infinite Roll Glitch (IRG) showcase
* Rolling incentives for completing extra worlds (length for all: ~1h):
  - Olympus Colisseum (length: ~15m, cut-off: ~2h)
  - Atlantica (length: ~15m, cut-off: ~2h)
  - 100 Acre Wood (length: ~30m, cut-off: ~21m -- because we have to collect dalmations for this world, this incentive is cut-off much earlier)
Sample run video:
Effectively my PB for Any% (technically missed PB by 0.7s, but this shows newer strats):

All Worlds WR:
http://www.twitch.tv/salyanz/v/13778675

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD (from the 1.5 Remix collection)
Category: Any% (Proud Mode) (possible race)
Gameplay Estimate: 3:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:10
Pros:
* This run is intense and dangerous right off the bat. Due to the nature of the game, it is impossible to completely avoid damage, making the danger immediately obvious to casual viewers.
* Many bosses have very impressive strats that will blow the mind of any casual player, especially those that abuse the EXP Zero Damage Storage glitch.
  - The EXP Zero glitch is only used a select number of times, so it does not get repetitive/boring.
* Many strats vary quite differently from Beginner Mode.
* Deaths can happen anywhere, making for a great race category since anybody can take the lead (although this is a double-edged sword).
* Hook's Ship RNG is unlikely to decide a race in Proud, but it can potentially help even the playing field.
Cons:
* As mentioned above, deaths can happen anywhere. This COULD make the estimate harder to meet and potentially distance a racer in 1st place.
* Hook's Ship: a ~30% chance to lose 0:50.
* Because the original version did not have cutscene skips, part of the nostalgia for viewers is cutscene-centric and we skip them in this version
* The preferred version is in Japanese. Japanese saves ~50s due to text.
* LV1 Sephiroth/Unknown
* Infinite Roll Glitch (IRG) showcase
Sample run video:
I don't have a video for my current PB, so I'll instead link the WR video:

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts
System: PS2
Category: Any% (Normal Mode) (incentive for Expert Mode)
Gameplay Estimate: 5:40
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:10 - 0:50 (0:10 for Sephiroth/Kurt Zisa, 0:40 for Expert Mode)
Pros:
* The game as most players remember it. This is the original (English) version on PS2.
* Cutscenes bring back most of the nostalgia for casual viewers.
* This run is a great middle-ground between KHFMHD's Beginner & Proud modes. Not very easy, but not so hard that you get two-shot everywhere.
* Many bosses have very impressive strats that will blow the mind of any casual player.
* Many strats vary quite differently from the Final Mix runs.
Cons:
* Hook's Ship: a ~30% chance to lose 50s. Additionally, Monstro provides a 40s RNG point in this version.
* Cutscenes make up roughly 2:30:00 of the run. They are, however, more chances to read donations, unless we wanted to be silent or act them out.
* Less "optimized" run (although that leaves potential for WR during marathon run Wink ).
* Sephiroth/Kurt Zisa
* Bump up the difficulty to Expert mode. Expert mode is not theoretically slower, but due to the higher likelihood of deaths and the fact that cutscenes are unskippable, I've estimated a generous buffer.
Sample run video:
I don't have a video for my current PB, but I've linked the time right above mine: 2nd place. (The WR video has quite a lot of dropped frames.)
http://www.twitch.tv/zetris/v/5646871

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts (Japanese)
System: PS2-J
Category: Any% (there's only one difficulty)
Gameplay Estimate: 5:40
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:00
Pros:
* This is the very first version of the game and, as a result, has some very unbalanced fights (in great/hilarious ways).
* This run is a great middle-ground between KHFMHD's Beginner & Proud modes. Not very easy, but not so hard that you get two-shot everywhere.
* This run is often regarded as the best version of a KH1 speedrun, with the sole exception of unskippable cutscenes.
* Cutscenes bring back most of the nostalgia for casual viewers (though not as much since in Japanese).
* Many strats vary DRASTICALLY differently from the Final Mix runs.
Cons:
* Hook's Ship: a ~30% chance to lose 50s. Additionally, Monstro provides a 40s RNG point in this version.
* Cutscenes make up roughly 2:30:00 of the run. They are, however, more chances to read donations, unless we wanted to act them out.
* Less "optimized" run (although that leaves potential for WR during marathon run Wink ).
* Run is in Japanese, including cutscenes.
* Read/act out the cutscenes in English.
Sample run video:
http://www.twitch.tv/jhobz296/c/6876311
Game Name: Tales of Symphonia
System: GameCube
Category: New Game/New Game Plus any% (would prefer New Game)
Gameplay Estimate: 7:30 for New Game/6:30 for New Game Plus
Ending/Bonus: 20 minutes
Pros/Cons: The most well known and popular of the Tales series in the west, due to heavy promotion and buzz during its release on the GCN and a subsequent PS3 port. The game has seen a lot more work than any other Tales game in part due to its popularity and due to its deep battle system, in part due to a variety of interesting and powerful glitches in combat, none of which trivialize combat. The game has not, to my knowledge, been showcased at a live marathon at a high level. I am currently the WR holder for both the New Game and New Game + category, both of which use unique strats and routing. The only major con is that cutscenes are not skippable, but they move very quickly and the games runtime is not excessive even with them. The GCN version is used because some of the glitches do not work on the PS2/PS3 version of the game.
Possible Donation Incentives: Soul mate at Flanoir Bid War/ Kill additional bosses
Sample run video:    
Edit history:
CosmykTheDolfyn: 2015-12-28 10:28:12 pm
CosmykTheDolfyn: 2015-12-28 08:52:35 pm
CosmykTheDolfyn: 2015-12-20 02:11:52 pm
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Game Name: Saturday Morning RPG
System: PC (Steam)
Category: All Side Quests
Gameplay Estimate: 2:40:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:05:00 (Ending credits appear four times already and are mashed through all the time, and ending cutscene can be mashed through quickly also).  0:10:00 for bonus fight against Evil Marty (not counted in the game's official side quest counter)
Pros: Fast-paced, Two bosses are one hit kills.  You have a special meter that increases your damage output based on your mashing speed.  I mash very fast on keyboard, and can do so for hours.  Combining this with special items, and everything is toast quickly.  Run has very different pacing than most RPGs due to constant mashing.  No grinding for XP.  Game is full of cheesy 80s references and is perfect to play on a lazy Tuesday Afternoon with it's name.  Marathon safe.
Cons: Not famous game.  Combat can be tedious, no option to run away from battles (which are all the time).  Working on routing out game better, probably will be easily sub 2:30 before long.  Broken keyboard from constant mashing...?
Sample run video: (will be posting within 24 hours, uploading slowly to youtube from terrible internet.)
EDIT:  Video

EDIT again:  Already spoke about this in some PMs, but throwing out any% of said game.  1 hour and 15 minute estimate.  I've worked on it, made it marathon safe and added a mini sequence break.
http://www.twitch.tv/cosmykthedolfyn/v/31735230
Edit history:
ThatsFairZack: 2015-12-19 06:59:51 pm
ThatsFairZack: 2015-12-19 06:56:07 pm
Quick Edit and update for my submission. I edited my post on page 1 to reflect Jelly Bowl 2015 that featured a 4-way Point system race of Lufia II's Ancient Cave on RPGLimitBreak's Twitch channel earlier this year. I added the youtube video for convenience.

I also updated another video to include my Ancient Cave Any% run for Scrubathon IV done just recently, which has been my best marathon run yet I have successfully completed. This makes 3 marathons in a row I have successfully gotten to the Jelly including 2 Jelly Kills. I really wanted to reflect how much we have improved the overall safety in this run for marathons.
Edit history:
cha0sSDA: 2015-12-19 07:28:05 pm
Ordered by preference:

Submission Form:
Game Name: Wild ARMs 5
System: PS2, Played on PS3 (PSN version)
Gameplay Estimate: 5:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 7 minutes
Pros/Cons: All cutscenes are skippable (except the OP) so very little down time in the run. All random encounters (except on the world map) are preventable, which also results in a very unique movement style (jump man). Boss encounters occur very frequently throughout all of the game, each encounter having a unique twist that affects strategy, so there is plenty of potential for a running commentary. There are a variety of systems in the game (HEX, badge, mediums) that allow for varied strategies.  World map traversal is a low moment in the speedrun, as it takes a while and will get a variable amount of random encounters (fixed once you get the MONOWHEEL(!)). It's also in Japanese (English version would add an hour), but shouldn't affect the ability to follow along too much. Also a lack of donation incentives given the length.
Possible Donation Incentives: Mute/Unmute Dean, Giant Robot fight cutscene
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/cha0stwitch/v/5705360 (note: JP timing so adds 9 minutes, also current strats will make it easy sub 5:30)

Game Name: Wild Arms
System: PS1, Played on PS3 (PSN version)
Category: Any% Dark World
Gameplay Estimate: 1:50
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15 minutes + 10 minutes
Pros/Cons: The glitch-ridden entry of the wild arms series, significant portions of the game are skipped using wrong warps, and most sections of the game that aren't skipped are significantly reduced through going out of bounds. This category makes use of a PSN/emulator exclusive glitch called the dark world warp, which (along with looking weird) allows Jack to be in the same party as cecilia (allowing for marathon-safe strats), prevents rudy's arm from getting cut off (for safety saves), and skips the lengthy elw world cutscenes. Also lets Cecilia beat the game without cutting her hair. This game was in RPG LB so might be some fatigue, there's another submission for this game that should be even more alluring (BGUD(!) could get people not interesting in wild arms watching for the novelty), and has the half hour of prologues that don't involve the game's real strengths (glitches).
Possible Donation Incentives: character names, significant spell names, glitch demo
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/cha0stwitch/v/21175912