--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Name: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
System: PS2-J
Category: Critical Mode Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:10 (includes optional boss fight incentives during run)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10 minutes (LV1 Sephiroth & LV1 Terra fights)
Pros/Cons: KH is a well known popular action RPG series, and showcasing the runs strats displays the games wide variety of potential options the game gives you throughout the run. A disadvantage would be that 2FM is in Japanese on PS2, but we skip scenes anyway.
Possible Donation Incentives: Absent Silhouette fights (5 of them) added to run & LV1 Sephiroth/Terra fights post run (on separate file)
Sample run video:

Category: LV1 Critical Mode Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10 minutes (LV1 Sephiroth & LV1 Terra fights)
Pros/Cons: The difference between this run and the run above is that the entire run is done on LV1, which is usually considered an ultimate challenge playthrough of KH2FM. The con of this is that the run is a bit slower than a regular Crit run, and there is a good chance of 3-7 deaths in the run.
Possible Donation Incentives: LV1 Sephiroth/Terra fights post run (on separate file).
Sample run video:

Category: LV1 Critical Mode Data Org RTA
Gameplay Estimate: 35 Mins
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10 minutes (LV1 Sephiroth/Terra) if run(s) above are not accepted
Pros/Cons: This run is an exciting boss rush on the hardest difficulty at the lowest level possible. The run tends to blow minds of players who struggle with these fights at max level. Unfortunately it isn't an any% category. This category can always be merged with one of the above if the above is accepted as an incentive!
Possible Donation Incentives: LV1 Sephiroth/Terra fights post run
Sample run video:
Edit history:
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:54:58 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:53:58 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:48:16 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:46:59 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:43:35 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:43:34 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:43:33 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:42:36 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-07 10:39:25 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-06 12:03:38 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-06 12:00:27 pm
mrprmiller: 2015-12-06 11:59:44 am
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Games aren't in order of preference.  I can do any of the runs or all of them.  Check the fifth option for whole package .

---

Game Name: Quest for Glory I: So You Want to Be a Hero
System: PC
Category: Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 2m:30s to 11m:30s (depending on category/class)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 3m:00s
Pros: Fun look at what can be done with older PC games (often an overlooked category).  Easy for start runners because of simple gameplay, yet demanding enough because of changes in routes and still undiscovered tactics. Runs on any computer built in the last 25 years.  Always cheap on GOG.com, which encourages people to start running the games.  Fantastic story if played properly, with an import character system that allows you to take your character from game to game.  It was remade by the same team and creators a few years later with a VGA version which is much prettier, and more inline with other Sierra games of the time, while remaining an RPG.
Cons: RNG can make some transitions frustrating, but hey, that's video games!  VGA version has a bad tendency to crash, but at the same time, a lot of them can be avoided.
Possible Donation Incentives: Choice of Character Class (I have the record on all classes); Stat allocation is VERY important; Major Skips Glitch Ending; EGA original version or official VGA remake
Sample run video: (showcasing Any% run, not the major skips)

---

Game Name: Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire
Gameplay Estimate: 18m:30s to 21m:00s (14m:00 for VGA)
Pros: Fun look at what can be done with older PC games (often an overlooked category).  Easy for start runners because of simple gameplay, yet demanding enough because of changes in routes and still undiscovered tactics. Runs on any computer built in the last 25 years.  Always cheap on GOG.com, which encourages people to start running the games.  Fantastic story if played properly, with an import character system that allows you to take your character from game to game.
Cons: Much larger game with a built and annoying start of game "copyright protection" that is hard to get past without knowing the game well or glitching past it (like I do).  There is a LONG waiting scenario which is unskippable (3 minutes for one, and 5 minutes for the next; might be a good time to read donations or for me to do some extra commentary on the run on some more technical details... I could fill 8 minutes easily.)
Possible Donation Incentives: Choice of Character Class (I have the record on all classes); Stat allocation is VERY important; EGA original version or unofficial 2008 VGA remake
Sample run video:

---

Game Name: Quest for Glory III: Wages of War
Gameplay Estimate: 23m:00s to 28m:00s (depending on class/RNG)
Pros: See the evolution of the series!  This game has a very different story and route depending on the class which is played.  There is so much expected, and so much more that is skipped that characters often appear without warning to tell you things you've already done/should have known/they don't know/might be dead themselves.  Sequence breaking is fantastic.
Cons: Each class has a crash glitch in their route that is easy to work around, but is nearly unavoidable unless you change your EMS settings (easy to do with DOSBox).  This run is highly RNG heavy; WAY more than the other games, but even still, that should only buffer in about an extra 3 minutes or so (which I already included in my above estimate).  Depending on RNG, you might see a world-record set.
Sample run video:

---

Game Name: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
Gameplay Estimate: 30m:00s to 33m:00s (depending on class)
Pros:The best game in the series.  Stat management not as involved, but still has some dangerous points.  Long plot which, again, we would largely ignore as we race through the RPG puzzles.  John Rhys Davies is the narrator for every line in the game, and Jennifer Hale (of Mass Effect and MANY other television and voice-acting fame) is the voice actress for the villainess in her first video game voice-over work ever.  This game has so much going it.
Cons:This game is known for crashing, but that reputation isn't warranted once all of the patches are attached.  I have been speed-running this entry for nearly 20 years now, and when you do things the right way, it doesn't crash ever.
Possible Donation Incentives: Choice of Character Class (I have the record on all classes).  Kill/Save the gravekeeper (you can win while killing a major character; it was unintentional in the code).
Sample run video:

---

Game Name: Quest for Glory I to V Marathon (This game allows you to carry your character forward from game to game through an import system, carry over stats and rewards, which changes the routing)
Gameplay Estimate: 1h:30m:00s to 1:40m:00s
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 3m:00s between each game; some less.  10m max.
Pros: This series was literally BUILT for this.  All previous Pros combined.
Cons: All the previous Cons combined.
Possible Donation Incentives: This run itself could be an incentive.  Otherwise, EGA/VGA QFG1, or EGA/VGA QFG2.  Name as well, because it will travel through fie games.  Unfortunately, this is far more class specific to avoid RNG and grinding.  Class choice could be an incentive, but if the choice ends up being Fighter, QFG3 is going to take a while... ... ... like an additional 10 minutes or so.
Sample run video (only showcases 4 games; the fifth game only adds about 7 minutes):
Edit history:
CreativeEly: 2015-12-17 12:04:51 pm
CreativeEly: 2015-12-17 12:03:56 pm
CreativeEly: 2015-12-17 12:02:49 pm
CreativeEly: 2015-12-17 12:01:39 pm
CreativeEly: 2015-12-15 09:51:47 pm
CreativeEly: 2015-12-06 01:29:24 pm
FF,DQ speedrunner
Game Name: Final Fantasy VII
Category: RTA Any%
Gameplay Estimate : 2:55
Ending/Bonus Estimate : 30 minutes

Pros: Under 3 hours, Popularity of the game, great music, updated graphics compared to PSX.
Lot's of glitches/skips/warps to execute and commentate that include: paralysis text dodging, battle-mode warping, yuffie warping, access to debug room. Recent discoveries has made this run very optimized. This is not new game+ as you set up save files yourself during the run. This run requires mandatory saves and you can include a few extra safety saves which makes it very marathon safe. There are quite a few scenes where you can read donations, especially during the kalm flashback.

Cons: Relatively non-exciting long sequence like Kalm-Flashback, Aeris's Cutscenes. Major glitches/skips don't occur till the 2/3rd of the game. Debug room is very interesting but provides you enough gun fire to easily take down the final bosses. There is a heavy RNG factor in the 2 splits before the final one. We are looking for 2 certain encounters which can take between 0-10 minutes depending on how lucky you are. There is one boss that can be troublesome if RNG is bad, but is easy to kill and we save beforehand.

Possible Donation Incentives: Character Names (At least 6 characters can be renamed up to 9 characters) , Fight Weapons (Emerald, Ruby, Ultima)

The run that was done on Scrubathon IV with commentary: http://www.twitch.tv/elmagus/v/30066469

Category:  PS4 Any% (with 3x Speed, No Encounters, Regeneration)
Gameplay Estimate : 4:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate : 10 minutes

Pros: Under 4 hours, Popularity of the game, great music, updated graphics compared.
Extremely fast paced, well-routed so I can provide commentary on the strats, fun. Shows that this game can be beaten in under 4 hours, if people do not have time to do an 8-9 hour run. It is basically a no-slots run on steroids.

Cons:
It's more of a fun category, but it has gained lots of interest because of accessibility. Cutscenes, battles look ridiculous at the speed.  It is basically a no-slots run on steroids.

Possible Donation Incentives: Character Names (At least 6 characters can be renamed up to 9 characters, and all the characters are used quite often)

Sample Run: 
Edit history:
Augora: 2015-12-16 07:24:38 pm
Augora: 2015-12-07 07:47:41 pm
Augora: 2015-12-07 07:32:43 pm
Augora: 2015-12-07 07:13:16 pm
dat jerk
Game Name: Final Fantasy X-2
System: PS2
Category: NA Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: No time
Pros/Cons: Pros is that this category is the most exciting category of the X-2 categories. Cons is that it is X-2...
Possible Donation Incentives: Singing 1000 Words and depending on how well my German is by the time of the marathon I will recite Yuna's speech in German (but only if my German is good enough by the time of the marathon), and VA% in ch1 Zanarkand. It is a big favorite in my streams when I do VA% for the Kinderguardians and Isaaru.

Oh... I forgot to mention... This will be a co-op run with Caracarn. May the king and queen of X-2 show you how it's done.

Game Name: Pom Gets Wi-Fi
Gameplay Estimate: 25:00
Bonus Estimate: None I guess
Pros/Cons: Pros is DOGS! LOTS OF DOGS! Cons is the main character's language unfortunately. She has an extreme potty mouth... which ruins the game.
Possible Donation Incentives: Voice acting%. It will make the run at least an hour long and we can make the game's script PG. Fun will be had with VA%.
Sample run video:

System: PS4
Category: HD Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: No time
Pros/Cons: The pros of HD is that you can name the creatures which will be a donation incentive. The cons is that it is, once again, X-2 and HD has been deemed by many as the "boring" category.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the four creatures I use in the run. Getting someone to sing 1000 Words and Real Emotion (I'm not sure anyone wants to sing that one :B).
Sample Run video: (this run was done on the PS3 version but the PS4 version is faster)
Edit history:
abiscuit: 2015-12-16 06:20:15 am
These are listed in no particular order.

Game Name: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
System: Wii U VC
Gameplay Estimate: 1:40:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Credits (3 min), Glitch Showcase (5-10 min)
Pros/Cons: Very glitchy game which allows for some major skips.  The glitches are visually impressive, if that's the right word for it, and tend to be crowd pleasers.  Wii U VC restore points have to be used during certain parts of the run for safety reasons due to not being able to save except at the very end of the run.
Possible Donation Incentives: Glitch Showcase
Sample run video: 

Game Name: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
System: GBA (Gameboy Player)
Category: All Bosses
Gameplay Estimate: 3:20:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Credits (3 min), Glitch Showcase (5-10 min)
Pros/Cons: All Bosses shows off a lot more of the game and introduces many glitches that are not used in the Any% run.  One major glitch this run uses can only be done on the Japanese version, but this category can use save points so no restore points are needed.  Failing glitches in certain spots during the run can cost 5+ minutes which is why there is a larger estimate buffer.
Possible Donation Incentives: Glitch Showcase
Sample run video: 

Game Name: Pokemon Pearl
System: DS
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Credits (5 min)
Pros/Cons: This run shows off the tweaking glitch and how broken the game is once you are able to reach the void known as the Mystery Zone.  Generation 4 can be RNG manipulated as well, but setting up the right seed is frame perfect.  If accepted I could do 2 or 3 attempts (about 5 minutes of attempts) to get the right seed and if I don't get the seed I can do the run with no manip.  No manipulation is a little slower, but the run can still be done even if the starter isn't perfect.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character names (10 letters), if using RNG manip Rival cannot be named.
Sample run video:  http://www.twitch.tv/altabiscuit/v/22244634

Game Name: Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Gameplay Estimate: 30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: "New Game+" Glitch (3-5min)
Pros/Cons: Whether or not this game is an RPG is up for debate, but it looks like they took Serious Sam and combined it with Final Fantasy.  The main aspects of this game involve manipulating encounters and enemies in order to survive.  Also shooting lots of stuff.  This game does have a reputation for being buggy and crashing sometimes so I will create emergency saves in the spots that are most likely for this to happen.
Possible Donation Incentives: Show off the NG+ glitch.  Interesting things happen when you start a new game over a completed file in the same session.
Sample run video:  http://www.twitch.tv/altabiscuit/v/28637216
Edit history:
MetaSigma: 2015-12-11 04:56:35 am
MetaSigma: 2015-12-06 02:59:07 pm
MetaSigma: 2015-12-06 02:58:52 pm
Evermore Extrodinare ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
Game Name: Monster Rancher
System: PSX
Gameplay Estimate: 3:15:00 (Bonus will depend on if we have time to burn or not)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: If time permits potentially have some 2p fun between DragondarchSDA and myself to show off the different monsters and the fun it can have.
Pros/Cons: The training part of it is very basic with just monster train in this stat repeatedly for a bit until it's time to fight. However the combat is quite enjoyable as there may be many OMG GET EM moments. The Monster Rancher series in general was very ingenious as the only game series (That I know of) to use other CDs (Music or anything the PSX could read) to create your actual monsters for battle. One of the biggest cons is sometimes the game just decides to NOT give you a training move you should get or a monster will just hit you with an absurdly low% chance out of no where and win.
Possible Donation Incentives: Monster used as I have 4 different monsters routed out, Naming the monster itself, naming the Trainer, Incentive to do VA% on the Fan Mail you get (They are hilarious to get)
Sample run video: (One of the 4 different Monsters you can use)
Game: THE DOG Island
Category: any%
Estimate: 3:30:00 (ending ~0:10:00)
Pros/Cons: Go on an adventure as an adorable dog to find the legendary flower and save your younger sibling from an undisclosed illness. Over 40 dog breeds are represented, and you can dress your dog in all sorts of amazing outfits. puwexil has stated, on the record, that this game is an RPG. It’s the RPG for me. The only one that I need. FrankerZ FrankerZ FrankerZ FrankerZ
Incentives: Dog name, breed, sibling gender, outfit choices.
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/osey889/v/23819103

Game: Fable 2
System: Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Category: any% / glitchless
Estimate: 3:20:00 / 3:45:00
Pros/Cons: Best entry from Peter Molyneux’s “choose your own path” series. Any% involves using an infinite XP exploit early on to pump up your magic abilities, allowing you to incinerate everything in your path. Optimization revolves primarily around quick kills and choosing the fastest quests to grind renown to advance. Glitchless eliminates this exploit, making combat longer (more dangerous but also more tedious) and ruling out many of the quick kills. Glitchless would be run on Xbox One for faster load times.
Incentives: Dog name, bid wars for various quest choices (~5 minutes of variance, included in estimate), ending choice.
Videos: (any%) http://www.twitch.tv/vulajin/c/5090063 / (glitchless) http://www.twitch.tv/vulajin/c/4776502

Game: Final Fantasy XIII
Estimate: 6:15:00 (ending: ~17:00) (estimate will decrease with practice)
Pros/Cons: First game of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. FF13’s combat is complex, nuanced, and fast-paced. A dedicated community of talented folks has done incredible work on understanding and optimizing this game since its release, and if none of them were able to be present, it would be an honor to represent them by running this game.
Incentives: Would probably need to work with Lewd or others on incentives.
Video: (pt 1) http://www.twitch.tv/vulajin/v/21299910 / (pt 2) http://www.twitch.tv/vulajin/v/21299907

Game: Child of Light
Estimate: 2:10:00 (ending: ~3:00 / credits: ~10:00)
Pros/Cons: Beautiful storybook RPG produced by Ubisoft. With almost no forced encounters, this game becomes effectively a boss rush, with your party underleveled at almost all times. Combat is turn-based with a couple twists that encourage tactical play, and no fight is a sure win. Would defer to other runners if the game is accepted.
Incentives: TBD
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/vulajin/c/6928081
Edit history:
opus: 2015-12-08 02:57:18 am
opus: 2015-12-08 02:53:32 am
Game Name: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
System: NES
Gameplay Estimate: 22:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: N/A
Pros/Cons: While this run is short, it shows a lot of glitching due to an overflow of the game's memory. Even so, this run shows a lot of technical skill, tight leveling, and gameplay that breaks the game for anyone who wishes revenge on the game.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming Link (3 slots to work with)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/opus614/v/18601616

Game Name: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
System: NES
Category: 100% All Keys
Gameplay Estimate: 1:22:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: N/A
Pros/Cons: This run shows high technical skill while collecting everything to show the whole game. It's a safe category that doesn't deal with the healer glitch. Some cons I can think of is that there are no major skips/tricks that saves time. It's fairly straightforward.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming Link (3 slots to work with)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/opus614/v/28177098
I must simply laugh.
Listed in order of preferance:

Game Name: Hexyz Force
System: PSP
Category: Any% Levant's Path (Bad Ending) / Any% Cecilia's Path (Bad Ending)
Gameplay Estimate: 4:20:00 for either
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 25:00
Pros/Cons: A hidden gem on the PSP, Hexyz Force is a very unique JRPG in many ways. You have the choice of 2 different Story Paths that merge at the end of the game and both paths utilize different strategies throughout the run since the characters you get on both paths have vastly different Weapons and abilities. Additionally instead of having shops to upgrade equipment, this game enforces a crafting system that is rather stable for a speedrun but sadly also at some points provides a slight bit of RNG to the run (bad RNG could lose 5-10 minutes but really nothing major). I would aim to do this run without fast forwarding through battles (which is a possibility in case I fall behind for some reason), but not doing that is very much better for the viewers and the experience of the game. However I would still fast forward through most of the story dialogue for obvious reasons, I would defenitley still be able to explain the story with commentary. A con would be a grinding section that both paths have, either for EXP or drops which lasts about 10 minutes for each path, but thats really not an issue.
Possible Donation Incentives: Bidwar between Paths, Showing off the Neutral Ending (save file prepared, basically the real final boss battle of the game), Final Party Members (Party consists of 3 people, Luffina is a lock, can choose for 1 slot Griek/Raffael/Axel and for the other Cecilia/Irene/Levant)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/elmagus/c/5768509

Game Name: Seiken Densetsu 3
System: Super Famicom (SNES)
Category: Any% Archdemon Story / Any% Dragon Emperor Story
Gameplay Estimate: 5:30:00 / 5:50:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 25:00
Pros/Cons: This is basically a submission in case DMCAether does not make it to RPGLB. While I do know this run rather well, Aether has put a lot of time into translating and working on both routes I offered here so he should defenitley get the run if he is able to come. I would strongly advise not doing something like a co-op run since this game already does lag a lot and co-op would just unnecessarily add arbitrary amounts of time while not really having anything unique to show off other than probably 2 people raging at each other lol. In any case, the main difference in the categories is that you start out in a different Introduction, and about halfway through the run you have a different dungeon to go to and at the very end of the game the last 2 dungeons differ GREATLY on each paths. Archdemon Story is the story path of Lise/Hawk, which is by far the safest since you have a healer and do not need to spend a lot of money on healing items thus being able to focus on upgrading your equipment very frequently.  The Dragon Emperor Route which is Duran/Angela's route doesnt have that luxury, hence the extra 20 minutes in case of deaths (that shouldnt really cost more than at max 5 minutes at a time but yeah). The Dragon Emperor route is ideally the fastest route you can take, it does have much more bosses towards the endgame though and the final dungeon is much harder. Both routes would use essentially the same strategies, as in Kevin as the damage dealer for bosses
Possible Donation Incentives: Bidwar between Routes, Bidwar between using Hawk/Lise (both Stories could do that, Hawk is harder), Naming characters (Translation Patch could be played on flashcart but adds 5-10 minutes on the estimate)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/elmagus/v/27871300

Game Name: Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
System: Super Nintendo
Category: Any% Glitchless
Gameplay Estimate: 4:05:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 22:00
Pros/Cons: While this game was in last RPGLB, there has been/is going to be quite a changing up in the route. A new way to manipulate battles has been found and it still needs to be 100% researched. However this means that the RNG Manipulation for the start (that is essential) got somewhat trivialized since we can now recover manipulation midrun at savepoints, making the run a little marathon safer. If FeralPigMan decides to submit this, he should defenitley get it over me since he has done more work regarding this run.
Possible Donation Incentives: Choose a capsule monster for the lategame (upgrade to Master Form included), EGG Dragon superbossfight (this would probably take 5-10 minutes to setup properly if I were not to cheese him), Any% Glitched showoff (~4 minutes if things go bad), solve World's Hardest Puzzle in 1 minute, Name Maxim, Name Capsule Monster
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/elmagus/c/6286121

Game Name: Final Fantasy IX
System: PSX on PS2
Gameplay Estimate: 9:20:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 30:00
Pros/Cons: I am defenitley not known for running this game, however I used to. This was run last at ESA 2015 with not really getting a lot of attention, other than that it has not seen a lot of marathons as of late. If somebody who runs this game more frequently decides to submit he should obviously get preferance.
With that being out of the way, this games biggest downside are the random encounters which not only do take quite a while to load but also are the big amount of RNG in this run, making it very easy to lose multiple minutes to just that. This game offers a ton of variation in boss strategy throughout the run, utilizing the properties of equipment to the maximum for protection/ability learning and is very tightly routed out with little to no leeway in getting some things. While this makes it exciting if explained properly, it also is prone to timeloss should the runner, say, SELL certain equipment in a certain shopmenu. The biggest downtime is the start of disc 3 which has roughly 45 minutes of cutscenes that drag on for a bit, but other than that most of the time something is happening. The upside to some cutscenes is that they could be reenacted by people attending since they are pretty hilarious most of the time, but that is probably something that is not very realistic to do.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character Names, FeralPigMan singing Melodies of Life, defeating Tantarian (sort of weak since it could be in the route)
Sample run video:

Game Name: Radiant Historia
System: Nintendo DS
Gameplay Estimate: 4:20:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 5:00 - 15:00
Pros/Cons: Gourgeous traditional JRPG for the Nintendo DS that has not seen a lot of love in the past. This has been on my plate for a while and RPGLB would defenitley be an occasion to actually follow through and finish learning the game. Note that I just submit this in case Zinfogel who routed this will not do it. If he should he is defenitley the man who should get this run if you decide to accept it. However I do know most of the speedrun and it should not take me too long to get up to speed on the routing. While you do use a variety of characters throughout the run, the battle strategies somewhat simplifies towards the mid game, it still does mix up a bit but you do rely mostly on the same strategy. Random battles are not an issue since you can cloak yourself and it is defenitley very marathon safe, you can basically save before every dangerous boss fight and deaths will not cost more than a minute.
Possible Donation Incentives: There is several hilarious bad endings to show off (list can be made),
Sample run video:
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-12-16 06:23:08 pm
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 10:03:55 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 10:03:32 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 10:01:33 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 10:01:22 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 10:00:57 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 09:59:51 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 09:59:17 am
<(^_^)>
Game Name: Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (named just "Fire Emblem", in the states)
System: Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Gameplay Estimate: 1:45:00
Bonus Estimate: Add 0:15:00

Pros: RPG Strategy game on the GBA. The entire run is RNG-manipulated, so level-ups, combat parameters, and some AI are all manipulated. Therefore this is no chance of a run dying to things out of my control. The movement/menuing is very fast-paced thanks to responsive menu controls, fast cursoring by holding B, and instant character swapping. Animations can be completely turned off, and almost all cutscenes can be skipped. There is also an enemy control glitch abused periodically throughout the run to keep things fresh. The run is short enough such that the RNG-manipulation doesn't overstay its welcome, and there's plenty of mechanics and strategy to explain and commentate on, including abusing the warp staff, and rescue chains. A few key characters are abused throughout the run, but other characters occasionally contribute so the run has some variety.

Cons: Admittedly I haven't actually ran this game, but I am very familiar with the mechanics and GBA FE controls, so it should not take long for me to pick up and get a decent time on. Also, the fact that the entire run is RNG-manipulated will likely not appeal to some people (but this isn't a long run). There are a few defend chapters that are repetitive and slow. Finally, even though the entire run is RNG-manipulated, some cursoring/menuing mistakes can be very costly and require me to reset the entire chapter because it would ruin the entire manipulation. Because of this, I set the gameplay estimate to be very conservative; expect this to lower to 1:40 or 1:35 in the future.

Possible Donation Incentives:

-Lyn Mode blindfolded - Prologue-chapter 10 comprises of the tutorial section of the game, which is straightforward, simple, and mostly set-up for the main game. Doing this blindfolded would be pretty cool. I think adding 15 minutes is a reasonable estimate, but expect this to go down to ~10minutes in the future.
-Tactician Name. You can name the tactician that you play as, but it doesn't really show up at all throughout the run aside from the first few seconds and the ending...

Sample run video: Current record by dxsteve - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow7jBSpH-XA

Game Name: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
System: Gamecube played on Wii
Category: coop Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 2:45
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10 minute to show ending
Pros/Cons:  The team will be Ghoul02, Ourolen, Kirbymastah, and gedrith. Four player coop is relatively unique for an RPG marathon, and the four of us have great chemistry and will have plenty of friendly banter. The game has great music and can be a fun follow-up to the solo run from last year. The run is slightly longer than single player since the bosses have more health, more enemies will spawn and there’s no Moogle to carry the chalice, but 4 players allows for much faster kills on most bosses anyway. The run will have to be done on the Japanese version, which is much more marathon safe than the English run last year (and much faster due to a money exploit), but also means that the opening and ending themes are sung in Japanese. We’d request that the run be at least two days into the marathon at the earliest to allow all the runners to be able to practice together for what will be the first time. The 10th or 11th would be the best for scheduling the run.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming characters (4) and city
Sample run:
Edit history:
FeralPigMan: 2015-12-17 11:03:09 am
FeralPigMan: 2015-12-07 11:21:53 am
Game Name: Seiken Densetsu 3
System: SNES
Category: Any% Archdemon Story
Gameplay Estimate: 5:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 25:00 (Ending is 17 minutes if we wanted to show that)
Pros/Cons: This game has gained quite a bit of popularity lately, with a few runners picking it up for the Mana Relay, and a lot of work has been put into it. Everybody I've talked to that's played the game casually loves it; unfortunately, since it was never released out of Japan, the fanbase is smaller than most SNES RPGs, but it seems a lot of people managed to find the translation patch. As Aether said, the beginning has a lot of cutscenes, but it does pick up after the first hour or so. There are a lot of areas in the game where you can be killed by enemies as you're walking by, but that risk can be mitigated by healing more than we normally do in runs, and there are a number of safety saves you can do to minimize time loss.
Possible Donation Incentives: Japanese vs English (I have a flash cart so we can easily do the version that wins), names for the three characters (Can translate English names into Japanese and vice versa depending on which language wins, if that incentive is done), route (Archdemon vs Dragon Emperor (This would only really work if Aether goes)), Carlie death counter, class change Carlie (These last two only work if it's Archdemon)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/feralpigman/v/28459735

Note: I'm mostly submitting this as a co-op run a la Puwexil/Essentia's CT run at RPGLB 2015, where one person does the first half, and another does the second. If that's not preferable, I'll defer to Aether or elmagus.

Game Name: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Gameplay Estimate: 2:20
Ending/Bonus: The ending is short... maybe 6 minutes
Pros/Cons: See: Bich's post
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the main character multiple times over
Sample run video: I can offer up my PB and a link to the latest race that I know of from GSH fundraiser. We will obviously be PG at Limit Break.
My PB: http://www.twitch.tv/feralpigman/v/20463130
GSH fundraiser 3 way race: http://www.twitch.tv/elmagus/v/27419899
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Well, here goes everything

Game Name: Xenoblade Chronicles
System: Wii (Played on Wii U)
Category: Any% Newgame+
Gameplay Estimate: 3:40:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15 minutes (one mid game cutscene, one superboss, and half of the final cutscenes)
Pros/Cons:
+ Consistent run length. Worst mistake only costs a minute, and rng for fights only lose or gain seconds
+ Cutscenes are all skippable, so only waiting is load screens
- Tedious overworld movement at times. Some tricks to save time, but most is point A to place B
- Relatively unfamiliar. Most will only have heard of this game from Smash 4
Watch/Act out Riki cutscene (In Newgame+, every party member sees combat at some point, except for Riki. To give him his time in the limelight, we can watch the cutscene in which he is introduced, and if we can rehearse it, possibly act it out on stream)
Face a superboss (Xenoblade has 5 late game superbosses that can be fairly difficult. If met, one of them will be fought)
Watch final boss cutscenes [with secret extra] (Since we skip most cutscenes, might wanna watch these to see some plot points, along with hearing the epic music without it being skipped. This includes the scenes during the bosses phases, as well as one of the two final cutscenes afterward which explains a good portion of the story. I have an idea to make this very serious scene a bit more lighthearted if an added incentive is met)
Sample run video: My PB
Edit history:
Tterraj42: 2015-12-07 04:45:03 pm
Games!
I have run every Mega Man Battle Network game, so I'm basically offering the series.
I'll summarize the differences up here, full entries will follow.

In order of preference (most to least)
BN 5: 4:30:00, unique gameplay in liberation missions, control multiple net navis, version bid war
BN 6: 2:30:00, lots of good fights, cross system is cool, version bid war, can fight Bass mid run
BN 3: 3:30:00, some RNG manipulation, ran last marathon, cited best in series, version bid war
BN 2: 2:30:00, much RNG manipulation, lots of walking and PA abuse, but my personal favorite
BN 1: 1:40:00, full RNG manipulation, most likely to get into other marathons so would rather do any of the others

Possible donation incentive is a series glitch showcase, would take about 10 minutes:
BN 2: Prism + TreeBomb1 to 'instantly' delete any enemy http://bombch.us/Bsa9
BN 3: Null glitch http://bombch.us/Bsa-
BN 5: Liberation Wrong Warp (JP version only, so need to get a cart) http://bombch.us/Bsa_
BN 6: Sliprun glitch & softlock http://bombch.us/BsbA

Note that several of the following videos are not my PBs. I know all the routes,
but hop between the different games so haven't refined many of my own runs.

Series Pros: Unique, fast paced combat system. Runs are safe & consistent. Features Mega Man! Good music.
Series Cons: Hard to appreciate a lot in the runs if unfamiliar with the series. Lots of walking.

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 1
System: GBA (GC w/ GBPlayer or WiiU VC)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 2:30 (credits) + 3:00 (Bass fight) + 15:00 (blindfold time cost estimate)
Pros: Full RNG Manipulation (there is literally no RNG in the run). Short.
Cons: Hard to tell what's going on if unfamiliar to the series.
Possible Donation Incentives: Post Game Boss Bass. Various fights/areas blind folded.
Video: http://bombch.us/BsbC

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 2
System: GBA (GC w/ GBPlayer or WiiU VC)
Gameplay Estimate: 2:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 3:00 (credits) + 2:00 (cutscenes & rap)
Pros: Mostly RNG Manipulated (still some RNG). Random element style change is fun. Shortish.
Cons: No version bid war. Abuses Program Advances to one shot most fights. Lots of walking.
Possible Donation Incentives: Watch a few noteworthy cutscenes. Rap.
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/keizaron/c/6049344

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 3
System: GBA (GC w/ GBPlayer)
Gameplay Estimate: 3:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 4:00 (credits) + 3:00 (cutscenes & humor)
Pros: Often cited as the best in the series. Route and tech have improved a lot. Has a little bit of everything.
Cons: Was run last marathon. Second longest.
Possible Donation Incentives: Version Bid War. Watch a few noteworthy cutscenes. Humor.
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/mountebank/c/6143520

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 5
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 4:00 (credits) + 3:00 (humor and/or chivalry)
Pros: Features Liberation Missions, a unique take on the gameplay putting you in charge of a team of navis (not just mega man). Dark Chip Chaos Unisons!
Cons: The longest. Lots of backtracking.
Possible Donation Incentives: Version Bid War. Humor and/or Chivalry 'jokes'.
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/tterraj42/c/6815920

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 6
Gameplay Estimate: 2:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 3:30 (credits) + 6:00 (Bass fight)
Pros: Very little RNG. Lots of fast and stylish virus battles. Cross / Beast Out system is cool. Sliprun gives neat movement tech later in the run. Shortish.
Cons: HeatCross is very powerful, maybe too powerful; fights could seem 'repetitive'.
Possible Donation Incentives: Version Bid War. Fight Bass mid-run. Humor.
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/thelastaaoa/c/4427976
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2015-12-26 08:36:28 pm
Omnigamer: 2015-12-16 11:09:55 pm
Omnigamer: 2015-12-07 09:40:57 pm
Omnigamer: 2015-12-07 07:00:04 pm
All the things
Game Name: Suikoden II
System: PSTV (or PS3, as available)
Gameplay Estimate: 6:15
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:15
Pros:
-A lot of people really love this game. (Each word is a different link)
-No grinding necessary; most random encounters skippable.
-Varied combat strategies; no one boss battle is the same.
-Lots of character variety, both forced and intentional.
-Lots of bugs to exploit and discuss.
-Three different types of combat.
-Mostly safe run that still has a lot of tension.
-Lots of series and character lore to bring up.
-Large group of series fans.

Cons:
-A couple of 10-20 minute dry spells without too much action.
-Early game can be scary.
-Every version of the US release has a handful of missing audio tracks (see incentives).
-Not True Ending/108 Stars%, which is the most fan-requested category. Maybe some other year.

-Main Character Name (in-game random name generator possible)
-Army Name
-Castle Name
-Complete Clive's Quest
-"Kindness Early" route featuring more (popular) glitches
-Ending 2 (+5 mins)
-Suikoden I data carry-over (if also being run)
-Run away at Tinto (Bid War)
-Play on "Restored Audio" version
-Wait for Jowy at Muse
-Learn about Genkaku

Sample run videos:
6:07:00 - Part 1
6:07:00 - Part 2

============================================

Game Name: Nier
System: X360 (or PS3, as available)
Category: Ending A (any%)
Gameplay Estimate: 3:25
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:10
Pros:
-Somewhat obscure action RPG with an engaging story and many different themes.
-Lots of gameplay and boss variety.
-Some nifty skips and movement techniques.
-Consistent route with lots of potential quick kills.
-One of the best game soundtracks in the past decade, if not ever.
-Boar drifting!

Cons:
-One stupid escort quest.
-Related to the Drakengard series, even if only tangentially so.
-Lots of swearing and violence. Would definitely be a "late night" type of run.

-DLC Costumes (3 types)
-Main Character Name
-Watch specific cutscenes
-DLC Level (+10 min)
Sample run video:
Edit history:
AceUhh: 2015-12-07 07:57:34 pm
Mach Drive
Game Name: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+
Category: Cavern of Remembrance LV1 RTA
Gameplay Estimate : 25:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 5:00
Pros/Cons : Pros - Really fast paced, 5 of the hardest mob fights on the hardest difficulty, extremely hype category. Cons- Abuse of magic combos in the early fights, last fight can become hell on earth because of randomness.
Possible Donation Incentives: Cavern of Remembrance+Data Org Skip.
Sample run video:
Edit history:
puwexil: 2015-12-08 01:20:24 am
Professional Second Banana
Runs in order of preference:

Game Name: Final Fantasy VI (Japanese Version)
System: SFC played on SNES
Category: Any% (2p2c co-op run with Essentia)
Gameplay Estimate: 4:50
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:28 - 0:23 ending, 0:05 for showing AutoCrossbow weapons and other graphical glitches caused by the equipment glitch
Pros/Cons: One of the best known & loved JRPGs on the SNES. The Japanese version of FF6 has an equipment glitch that allows equipping normally unequippable items like Edgar's Tools, Shadow's Shurikens, and Mog's Moogle Charm.  Glitched equipment has a variety of effects on characters' stats and other abilities; and makes for a significantly different speedrun route from any category of the English version.  Obvious downside is the text being Japanese and the characters not being nameable in English; but I believe this run can work well with the strong commentary that Essentia and I are known for, and in a setting like RPGLB where there are many nameable characters in other games on the schedule.  All other popular FF6 incentives like the Train Suplex, Opera, and a certain Jerk Bird (let's just call it the 悪魔チョコボ) are still possible.
Possible Donation Incentives: Phantom Train Suplex, Opera sing-a-long (possibly Fluffy Brigade-assisted?), rolling bidding war over text box background, save or kill Cid
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil/c/5239953

Game Name: Final Fantasy VI
Category: Glitchless Any% or 100% (2p2c co-op run with Essentia)
Gameplay Estimate: 5:50 (Glitchless Any%), 7:30 (Glitchless 100%)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:23 - ending
Pros/Cons: Massively different category from the Any% w/Sketch Glitch FF6 run featured at RPGLB15.  This run makes optimal use of the Esper levelling system, equipment/relics, and enemy AI manipulation in order to defeat bosses without use of glitches that normally allow them to be insta-killed or skipped.  Main con is a grinding session needed before entering Kefka's Tower, though it's only 6-7 minutes.
If Glitchless FF6 is accepted I would somewhat prefer to run Any% as it's never been in an onsite marathon before (and has a quite exciting endgame with the route only bringing 6 characters to Kefka's Tower); but if a large donation incentive is desired I'd be happy to run 100% (all characters/Espers) instead.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming characters (Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Celes, Setzer, Strago, Relm, Mog, and Gogo, plus Umaro in 100%), Phantom Train Suplex, Opera sing-a-long (possibly Fluffy Brigade-assisted?), rolling bidding war over text box background, save or kill Cid
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil/c/4415140 (Glitchless Any%), http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil/c/4104604 (Glitchless 100%)

Game Name: Illusion of Gaia
Category: 100%
Gameplay Estimate: 2:25
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:20 - ending
Pros/Cons: Amazing SNES gem that blends Action RPG combat with 2D Zelda-style dungeon exploration.  Cutscenes are short and every dungeon has unique speed tech & sequence breaks, making for a very fast-paced, technical, and entertaining speedrun.  The 100% category (only ~10 minutes longer than Any%) collects all 50 Red Jewels to unlock an optional dungeon & boss near the end of the run, which make for a great donation incentive in marathon runs.
Possible Donation Incentives: Gem's Mansion/Solid Arm Battle (normal part of 100% run, but aren't required to finish the game and can be an incentive)
Sample run video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5UT9-G2nU (PB) or http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil/v/18250954 (commentated run)

Game Name: Final Fantasy VII
System: PS1 discs played on PS2
Category: Any% No Slots
Gameplay Estimate: 8:20
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:18 ending
Pros/Cons: Probably the first 'mainstream' JRPG in English-speaking countries, which remains popular to this day with new PC/PS4 ports and an upcoming HD remake.  'No Slots' means that Cait Sith's Slots Limit (which can be manipulated to win any battle in the game instantly) is not used in order to make for more varied/interesting battles.  The No Slots route/battle strats have changed considerably since my earlier runs at AGDQ 2012 and C4L 2013, with full game random encounter manipulation, no stops for level grinding or Enemy Skill farming, and some highly technical boss fights that heavily manipulate the turn order and enemy AI.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character naming (Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII, Cait Sith, and Cid), Gold Saucer date choice, fixing music on Disc 3 (requires a save/reset to fix due to side-effects of the Midgar skip glitch)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil/c/3088575 (PB from 2013 - will improve quickly with newer strats)
Welp, time for this to happen. Got a left fielder as well as a usual or two. This is subject to change, due to my Co-Op partners yelling at me for making a crappy pitch for our game Tongue

List is in no particular order, but I shall state in each submission how much the game means to me... Guess it's enough to note that all these games mean a lot to me in their own way.

Game Name: Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Gameplay Estimate: 6:45:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:25:00 (15min Ending + Cutscenes that can be shown off as incentives)
Pros/Cons: A rather unknown and well loved game within its community. It is a 'Gothic RPG' for lack of a better explanation with a rather unique battle system, involving the Judgement Ring. Essentially a timing mini game, where you have t press X on the hit and strike areas to unleash your attacks, items and skills, with a boost to the damage/healing if you hit the strike area, not the hit area. The run takes advantage of several Strength boosting skills, and Judgement Ring customizations to allow huge damage output, one of which includes the hit areas on the ring being invisible. Speed relies on great menuing and consistent, confident usage of the Judgement Ring. Very marathon safe, in that, at the level that myself and Gerrick1 run the game, it's nigh on impossible for us to lose the run past the first 30 minutes (which isn't slowed at all by a safety save at the only questionable boss.) This game is very unique and gives a different spin to the usual kind of stuff you see from JRPGs in the PS2 era darker in tone, different in visuals, OST is stunning. Final Pro, an unskippable cutscene with a burn so sick, the enemy would need A+E immediately after! Cons would be that as soon as we get the 'Energy Charge' skill, the boss strategies are largely the same, with a bunch of fights at certain points requiring different methods. The final boss is also a great fun in his RNG nature, although a reset at the final boss only adds 3-4 minutes to the attempt.
I would ideally like to run this as either a Race or a Co-Op run with the current WR holder, Gerrick1, we are the two who created this speedrun, and we would love to work together to showcase the game to you all. IF, however, you want a solo run, then Gerrick1 is the man to pick over me. But the Co-Op would be ideal scenario.
Possible Donation Incentives: Bowie/Gerrick Duet for Credits Theme, Fight Neo Amon, Watch the 'Bench', 'Oath' and 'YuriThump' cutscenes, which are, IMO, the most entertaining cutscenes.

Sample Run Video: Current PB, which is old and smelly, and easily beatable with a little rust cracking and the implementation of all the new strats we've made since March - http://www.twitch.tv/bowiethehero/c/6274509

NOTE: Gerrick1 will upload our Relay video, where you can get a feel for our dual commentary style.

Game Name: Secret of Mana
Category: Any% Co-Op w/ StingerPA
Gameplay Estimate: 2:05:00
Bonus Estimate: 0:10:00 ending
Pros/Cons: This is going to be an interesting. All the pros are obvious, a stunning and truly loved game, that oozes charm and style. And one of the best games on the SNES, my personal all time favourite. The run is fantastic in its variety of manipulations and glitches that help pull the inner workings of the game apart. The strategies are interesting throughout and the breadth of different techniques that build to create the route makes for a consistently entertaining speedrun. Stinger is a veteran of the run, and I am a newcomer. The latter of that sentence is a con, I guess. My fresh entry into the category implies a lack of preparation, but I have confidence in being able to get up to scratch, given my extensive experience with the game and drive to learn it for this very reason.
Donation Incentives: Name the Boy/Sprite, who is P1, and who is P2

I personally have no video to link to. As I have yet to complete a run.

Game Name: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
System: PS3
Gameplay Estimate: 4:45:00
Bonus Estimate: 0:20:00 (roughly) ending
Pros/Cons: Great gameplay system as a whole, and really expansive use of all the characters and their skills. You'll pretty much see every member used often throughout the run. Specific item/skill route makes for impressive set-ups and fights, and some of the early game strategies are really intriguing when fighting high level enemies Use of the bonus board to get precise exp and currency gains, or HP/TP restores can increase the novelty of the run. Cutscenes skips mean action is more of the name of the run, although, there is a fair amount of running around. The SO4 dash system alleviates that. Cons - That story... Those Doll-like faces... Not the largest breadth of Donation Incentives, Brightness levels are really up and down.
This game is well known for being pretty awful in terms of narrative. Gameplay is stellar, so it's handy that you don't have to actually engage with the narrative. But this is a game, that really shows off the fast paced nature of the gameplay.
Donation Incentives: Battle Voices on/off, Japanese/English Voice Track.
Video - None as I forgot to Highlight this video before it went TwitchRIP

Game Name: Final Fantasy Adventure
System: GameBoy (Using GameBoy Player for NGC)
Category: Any% / Warpless%
Gameplay Estimate: 50:00 / 2:10:00
Ending/Bonus Estimates: 7:00 for both
Pros/Cons: Charming game on the GB that really pushed the hardware for the time it came out. Surprisingly lesser known prequel to Secret of Mana (Although, it's huge in Japan, naturally). My favourite GB game, and one of my most loved speedruns. Great soundtrack and crisp GB visuals. The any% category has a series of quick warps that skip about 85% of the game, and makes for some fantastic viewing. Technical and fascinating reasons for these warps make for interesting commentary, there is also very subtle combat optimizations. Warpless% showcases all the game has to offer: Puzzles, Bosses and Locations, and although longer, is still very hard. Given the precise nature of the stat build, every room can offer death on a silver platter should the game say so, thankfully, saving is very quick, so there is a trade off in saves for faster room navigation.
Any% Marathon Strats are very safe, tried and tested over the course of the runs development. Average 43:00, but increased estimate to take into account the super bad RNG possibility.
Cons - Both runs have an element f RNG that affect their speed, moreso for Any%, than Warpless.
Donation Incentives: Name the Boy and Girl, Any%/Warpless% Bid war? Aegisless Final Boss in Any% (Increases difficulty)
Video Links: Any% (No Marathon Strats, will update with Marathon Strats when possible) - http://www.twitch.tv/bowiethehero/c/6451581 and Warpless% (Not my PB as I forgot to highlight that... Great work!) - http://www.twitch.tv/bowiethehero/c/6866189

I left this one until last for a reason...

Game Name: SHINING FORCE II
System: Sega Genesis
Category: Any% Turbo
Gameplay Estimate: 7:00:00
Bonus Estimates: 20:00
Pros/Cons: This game... My name comes from the main character in this game, so you can probably tell how much this game means to me... This is the sequel to Shining Force, and is, in nigh on every way, mechanically superior to the first. It's Soundtrack is fantastic, using the impressive and recognisable Genesis soundchip, it's visuals are sumptuous and it's Turn-based, Gridded SRPG gameplay rivals that of Fire Emblem. The game features excellent battle scenes when a character attacks or heals. The runs strategies have really stretched what is possible in this game and have taken the time down to a current WR of 6:33:xx (by NoWorries) from the 11 hour run it started out as. Whilst RNG IS a huge part of this game, and attacks missing can sometimes kill a strat, quick saves in battle can make all those high tension moments less of an issue for the runner, and don't take up much time at all. Also, the key part of this run is decision making and adapting to what the game throws at you, which there-in shows the true skill in the game. All phases of the run are intriguing, from the fast paced nature of the first hour, to the hard push through the second hour, the steam roll of the 4th and the tension of the final hour. There is a tonne to see, and it always changes. There are set characters to use, however, so certain characters will just get benched. Cons are that, yes, sometimes RNG can slow down fights, and you can lose a lot of time, if it's a particularly long fight, but recently, 7 hours has become a very reasonable estimate even with the RNG in place, due to the safer ways of playing that still allow highly fast paced fights.
Possible Donation Incentives: Name the Characters who take part in the run (Bowie, Chester, Sarah, Jaha, Kazin, Slade, Peter, Gerhalt, Luke, Eric, Sheela and Lemon), Fight the secret Fight.
Submission Video: Current PB -  Part 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/bowiethehero/v/15577052 and Part 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/bowiethehero/v/15578166

Both NoWorries and myself have also discussed the possibility of a Co-Op run. As the two fastest time holders, we know the run and the strategies inside out. A Race we decided wasn't the best idea due to the nature of the RNG, there could end up being a large disparity between the two. However, we would still definitely partake in a race. Our dream is just for this game to see a marathon. NoWorries is the WR holder as well (For now...), so I would gladly provide back up comms for him should he get the solo run.

So there we have it... I talk a lot, I'm sorry. If I was to be honest with my order of preference of submission:

1. Shining Force II
2. Secret of Mana
3. Shadow Hearts: Covenant
4. Final Fantasy Adventure
5. Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

But really, any and all of these runs would be great fun to run, and the co-ops with Stinger and Gerrick would be amazing.
Category: NA version any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:15-4:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: not going to show the ending probably

This will be a co-op run with Augora

Pros: X-2 has a unique battle system, and the NA version does not get Catnip early like the JP version, so the fights are much more interesting (and more difficult) throughout the game. It also has cutscene skips, so it's fairly short for a Final Fantasy game.

Cons: No naming incentives

Possible Donation Incentives: 1000 words duet. Maybe some minigames like Gunner's Gauntlet, Thunder Plains towers, or Calm Lands

Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/caracarnvi/v/6943295
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
Game Name: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
System: Nintendo Wii Backwards Compatability
Gameplay Estimate: 5:15 - 5:30

Pros: Unique Pokemon speedrun that uses Eeveelutions (what eevee evolves into, very popular set of evolutions amongst pokemon fans), as well as a unique Shadow Pokemon system.  Great soundtrack (Mirror B. Theme, just google it yo).  Run is also very reliable to complete regardless of nature.

Cons: Only fights Mirror B. 2 times.  In addition, this is the longest Pokemon speedrun. 

Possible Donation Incentives:  Bidding War between Joltoen and Espeon to be used in the run (I'll link runs that use each eeveelution for reference), main character's name as well as a name for Teddiursa.

Sample run video:

Run using Jolteon: http://www.twitch.tv/zewing/c/3090512
Run using Espeon:
Edit history:
Bl00dyBizkitz: 2015-12-08 10:20:18 pm
Game Name: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Category: Any% (Beginner Mode)
Gameplay Estimate: 2:50
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:10 (showcase of the Infinite Roll Glitch, showing some pretty hilarious/spooky stuff)
Pros: Bosses and mob fights are optimized to an insane level in this category, along with a lot of tricky movement and interesting uses of the Dumbo summon. Completely marathon safe outside of some RNG preventing us from entering a world.
Cons: Because of how OP you are, a large portion of the run looks like it's just air combos to win until you hit the later portion of the game.
Possible Donation Incentives: LV1 Sephiroth/Unknown + IRG Glitch Showcase
Sample run video:

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Category: Any% (Proud Mode)
Gameplay Estimate: 3:25
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:10 (showcase of the Infinite Roll Glitch, showing some pretty hilarious/spooky stuff)
Pros: Played on the highest difficulty for the challenge factor, Proud also takes advantage of things that Beginner doesn't have access to, such as the Wishing Star Keyblade and EXP Zero's "Modifier" Storage, allowing you to destroy some late game bosses.
Cons: Playing on the highest difficulty is a double-edged sword, so deaths can cause lots of setbacks.
Possible Donation Incentives: LV1 Sephiroth/Unknown + IRG Glitch Showcase
Sample run video:

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
Category: LV1 Critical Mode Cavern of Remembrance RTA
Gameplay Estimate: 0:20
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:05 (showcase of the clip in Cavern of Remembrance)
Pros: Once again played on the highest difficulty, this RTA has you battle 5 of the hardest mob fights in the whole game, the final mob fight being a real spectacle. Incredibly fast paced and full of movement tech. Would make for a very interesting race against ya boi Aceuhhh
Cons: The final battle truly is that difficult, making it easy to get walled at the end.
Possible Donation Incentives: Showcase of the clip in Cavern of Remembrance
Sample run video:
Game Name: Shadow Hearts
Category: Any%, or Good Ending, or New Game + Any%/Good Ending
Gameplay Estimate: Any% 6:35, Good Ending: 7:00, New Game + 6:30, New Game+ Good Ending 6:45
Ending/Bonus: 35 Minutes, (10 Minute Ending, 8 Minute Sea Mother Scene, 12is minute extra Dungeon)
Pros/Cons: Little known Gem on PS2. Run requires accurate judgment rings throughout which is an impressive display of skill. At several points you are required to hit rings that are invisible, double the normal speed, and the hit areas are halved. Disadvantage is that there is alot of text mashing, and few tricks, 0 skips. The game is mostly a display of skill regarding the judgment ring, and knowing where to go. Few donation incentives, other than which category, and Character names, which are 15 characters long I believe.

Link below is to the video from the relay. I no longer have access to my pb, which was a 6:17ish.

Game Name: Shadow Hearts Covenant.
Category New Game, or New Game +
Ending/Bonus 25 Minutes Ending/scenes
Pros/Cons Essentially everything Bowie says while describing the game. The biggest positive about the run is that it is very safe, however, with that comes some repetitive actions. The manipulation of the judgment ring is not the most diverse thing ever. Ideally I would prefer to run this as a race, or a Coop run with Bowie if possible, but if you would prefer me to do it I'm down.

The video below is Bowies run from the Relay. I, unfortunately no longer have a video of this on hand. I have also included my run from the GSH fundraiser earlier this yearr, which includes our commentary style more.

Bowie's run from the Relay. (I was missing for a portion of this run)

Bowies Run from GSH
http://www.twitch.tv/elmagus/v/27419739
I was told to submit my game to RPG limit break. So here it is

Game Name: Inindo, Way of the Ninja

Category: any% RTA

Gameplay Estimate: 8:00 (My PB is around 6:40 but there's heavy RNG in the run)

Pros: Inindo is an extremely fun game where you get to play as a ninja. Level ups restore your health and energy (HP and MP). Saves can be used to manipulate RNG

Cons: High RNG levels would probably force me to create two backup saves prior to the run. I need to get the right cut scene at the beginning of the game. I also have to recruit a number of allies that are randomly moving, and are recruited on a trust system. I'm still relatively new to streaming and marathons so I'd need help with Ninja puns and I could answer questions about the game

Possible Donation Incentives: The only ones I can think of right now are having a nameless character, or just a flat out character name bidding war. The 100% category could also be run, but I'd have to be notified of interest in it a couple of months in advance to find out if it would add a half hour or an hour

Sample run videos (It's single segment, but youtube broke it into 4 videos):

If accepted, I will put a lot more time and effort into running the game and having a better/more relaxed commentary for the run

I do also have a second submission for the marathon

Game Name: The World of Dragon Warrior, Torneko the Last hope
System: PS1 played on a PS2
Category: any% or any%+dungeon skip (any% is much more marathon safe)
Gameplay Estimate: 2:45
Ending/ Bonus Estimate: 9 minutes for the ending. Grinding gold for a joy ring would take about a half hour, but then it would cut 10 to 20 minutes off of the final dungeon
Pros: I have probably played this game and the hardest dungeon more than anyone in the world. So I'm either the best or on par for being the best at playing this game

Cons: It's a common theme among games that I play that there is a heavy element of RNG. So I may choose to grind levels for 10 or 20 minutes just so the run can finish

Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the town. any% vs. any%+dungeon skip bid war (cut off at mt. fiery). Make me grind for a joy ring in the any% run

Sample run videos: any%
                            any%+dungeon skip
Edit history:
osey889: 2015-12-10 02:57:14 am
Game Name : Dragon's Crown
Category: Any% Xillia Crew 4 player coop with Freddeh,TWM, PX, Ghoul, and Myself or Solo Any%
Estimate: 2:30
Ending: 2 mins
This is the Xillia Crew's next crazy 4 player coop run. The game is a fast paced RPG/Beat-em-up hybrid with fantastic artwork and is a another great game by Atlus.  Ghoul currently is our back up runner for this game but would like to be the host during the run or just commentary. All of us are using online mode for practice so we will be well ready for the marathon. I can run this solo as well but prefer to do coop.

Pros: Beautiful looking game, Fast Paced, 4 player coop, almost no downtime, will be played on one console for easy setup, the monty python jokes.

Cons: Has a fair bit of lewd looking artwork thats very suggestive but not on screen for long, Final Boss can be wipe the party costing 5+ mins.(accounted for in estimate)

Incentives: 4 names for each player, Donations for the 4th player's class (can be Elf, Fighter, Amazon, Dwarf, Sorceress, or Wizard)

Solo any% video:

4 player highlight (note that online mode has really bad lag and is awkward to get started, this will not be problem for the local coop run)
http://www.twitch.tv/thewanderingmind/v/29166143

Game: Yo-Kai Watch
System: 3DS
Category: Any% No passwords/QRCodes
Estimate: 3:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10 mins
Offering this game as a Race vs Ghoul02. I don't currently have a means to show evidence a run but i am on par with Ghoul02. Will need a 3DS capture card at the marathon to run.
Pros: Incredibly cute game that combines Warioware minigames with Shin Megami Tensei style demon capture combat. Megapopular in Japan currently. The combat has surprising depth and the difficulty ramps up greatly as the game expects us to do optional fights that we will not do. Using Story Yo-kai to slowly improve my team, also has a side benefit that no Yo-kai is used for a very long period of time, outside of my cleric. Lots of naming incentives, none of which would cost time outside of the time to enter them.
Cons: Potential to lose a lot of time with a death to the final bosses (estimate accounts for this), although we would be practiced to avoid this, obviously. One really bad spot of RNG that may cost multiple minutes. Game potentially skews a bit on the young side, so the demographic for donations may not quite be there.
Donation Incentives: Boy or Girl character, Character name. 4 Yo-kai names, the remaining ones can be named after emotes, upcoming runs and/or prizes (obviously only done if not a race).
Sample Video: http://www.twitch.tv/ghoul02/v/27974734 (ghoul's video asked with permission)
Game Name: Shenmue & Shenmue II (Simultaneous)
System: Dreamcast [Shenmue] & Xbox 360 [Shenmue II Xbox Backward Compatible Mode]
Category: Any% [Shenmue] & New Game Glitchless [Shenmue II]
Gameplay Estimate: 8h 30m
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10m ending [II], Bonus Passport Disc videos
Pros:
  -Two games are played at once by the same person. How often do you see that?
  -Any downtime in one game (and Shenmue 1 has a lot of it) doesn’t matter as much because something is almost always happening in the other game at the same time.
  -Shows the entire Shenmue series in preparation for Shenmue III’s release in 2017.
Cons:
  -It’s 8 and a half hours long. That’s pretty long, but there’s always something new happening for that entire time (no grinding like some other long games).
  -Both games have some RNG, but it’s not as big a deal for this category. There’s no way to game over, and I know the points in both games were TONS of time can be lost.
  -Might be difficult for viewers to follow, check out my sample commentated run to see for yourself. I’ve done the Showdown run about 6 times, and a very small minority say they can’t keep up with it.
Technical Note: For setup/capture for this, I will bring my own laptop and capture equipment to grab A/V from the consoles, and will output the combined feed via HDMI from my laptop to the stream’s capture device (I assume there will be 720/1080 HDMI-in available). Setup can be kept to a minimum this way.
Possible Donation Incentives: Shenmue 1 Passport Videos after the run.
Sample run video:
[Twitch] http://www.twitch.tv/puri_puri/v/29160997
[YT]

Game Name: The Granstream Saga
System: PS1 played on PS2 (No FDS)
Gameplay Estimate: 3h 55m
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15m ending
Pros:
  -There are practically no useful glitches in the run, so it all comes down to runner skill to get a good time. Most battles are avoided by exploiting movement mechanics for enemies, and the fights we do get into a ended quickly by manipulating attacks and using overpowered weapons and abilities.
  -Zero grinding.
  -Somewhat related to Soul Blazer/Blader, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma. People like those games, right?
  -Incredible voice acting and cutscenes. Kappa.
  -There is an anime butt in a cutscene about 13 minutes into the run.
Cons:
  -Significant portions of the game between dungeons are just mashing through text, though I take that time to explain the incredible plot as it happens.
  -Only one boss poses a threat of dying to, and I’d lose about 4 minutes if I needed to reload a save, but a safety save will be made before the boss.
  -The final boss fight can vary in times as well: sometimes the fight takes 3 minutes, sometimes it takes 8 minutes. I have no control over the pattern the boss gives me. Gameplay estimate accounts for mid to worst-case RNG.
  -There is an anime butt in a cutscene about 13 minutes into the run.
Possible Donation Incentive: Who to save at the end of the game: Laramee or Arcia
Sample run video:
[Twitch] http://www.twitch.tv/puri_puri/v/28900857
[YT]

Game Name: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
System: PC (DOSBox)
Gameplay Estimate: 40m
Ending/Bonus Estimate: None
Pros:
  -The most heavily-glitched Elder Scrolls speedrun: almost every dungeon is spent out of bounds, and all other times are spent hopping around towns way faster than intended.
  -Daggerfall has never been featured in a major marathon yet, so this will be brand-new to most viewers.
Cons:
  -The first 6 or so minutes can be relatively boring with character creation, buying spells, and brief level grind.
  -There is only one quest with significant RNG, but it can vary from taking 1 minute to complete to about 6 minutes.
Possible Donation Incentives: Class name (14 characters), Character name (31 characters)
Sample run video:
[YT]
Edit history:
WanderingMind: 2015-12-24 09:53:19 am
Stay chill, be cool.
Valkyria Chronicles II

System: Playstation TV / Playstation Portable

Category: Any% Normal

Estimate: 4:10:00

Ending: 5:00 (One of the ending cutscenes is totally worth it)

Pros/Cons: A turn based strategy RPG with actions done in real time.  Gameplay is very similar to the first game, which was done in the previous RPGLB by Nitrodon. The game is broken up into small missions that take place across multiple areas, with each mission usually lasting no more than 10 minutes.  The missions have variety, including capturing bases, taking out a boss unit, escorting vehicles across maps, finding hidden boxes, and defending camps.

There is enough RNG, especially with enemy placement in most missions, in the game to keep a run interesting with how fast I have to react to things, but at the same time the game is very marathon safe.  This game was previously done in a marathon setting at Scrubathon 3, where it was well received.

Scrubathon 3 run can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/elmagus/c/6840985

The RNG can also very much work against me.  About 30 minutes in, I will have to repeat a mission to get a tank turret after mission complete, which has a 1/3 chance of dropping.  I will try this mission twice, averaging about 2 minutes 30 seconds per try, before I use a backup save if I take too long to get it.

Possible Donation Incentive:
Name the Class and the Tank (can be rolling if desired).  Also one of the ending cutscenes (starts at 3:49:17 of the submission video below).

Submission video:
Current PB/WR - 3:48:06

Dragon’s Crown

See Osey’s submission.  Will be running with Osey, PX, and Freddeh if 4 player co-op happens.