<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Professional Second Banana
Quote from Ghoul02:
A race is the easiest way to get both myself and Osey involved without sacrificing too much - the game is straightforward enough to be understood, I believe. There are a few points of RNG that will either act as a catch up mechanic or kill the race, which is kinda unfortunate. Osey and I will keep talking and we'll figure it out if you for sure don't want the race.

I'd be OK with a race if you and Osey stay close enough in skill to make a competitive race likely (Vulajin and I have already discussed the tech implications, and he's onboard with doing a 2-way 3DS race setup).  Probably my biggest concern with having a race would be commentary, since both of the most knowledgeable people about the game would be racing.  If we do a race I'd really like if you guys could recruit a commentator and get him/her familiar enough with the game/route to help out.

Quote from soothingplumtea:
I just talked to Terra and he said for now plan on making it a solo run. If he can attend he'll commentate for sure, and if he can get around my time in Gregar we could potentially make it a race since he feels it's consistent enough. For now plan on it being solo with me though.

Sounds good - I put Terra down as a backup runner for BN6 if you're not able to make it.
<(^_^)>
How hyped should we be?

Why Hello it is Me
This might be a bit far off, but will we know what donation incentives we will be running with at some point soon? One of the incentives I added changes the route and the more time to plan on route changes and whatnot, the better.
There will be a new thread started for runners to formally offer incentives (and non-runners to suggest ideas, subject to runner approval obviously) in February.
Stay chill, be cool.
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from Ghoul02:
A race is the easiest way to get both myself and Osey involved without sacrificing too much - the game is straightforward enough to be understood, I believe. There are a few points of RNG that will either act as a catch up mechanic or kill the race, which is kinda unfortunate. Osey and I will keep talking and we'll figure it out if you for sure don't want the race.

I'd be OK with a race if you and Osey stay close enough in skill to make a competitive race likely (Vulajin and I have already discussed the tech implications, and he's onboard with doing a 2-way 3DS race setup).  Probably my biggest concern with having a race would be commentary, since both of the most knowledgeable people about the game would be racing.  If we do a race I'd really like if you guys could recruit a commentator and get him/her familiar enough with the game/route to help out. 

PX and I are planning on doing commentary for the race.
#FailFish
Looks like I better finish Bravely Default before this happens so I can watch the run!!!!
#FailFish
Also - I'm sad that I won't be able to attend this - but I'd be willing to volunteer for any off-site stuff you may need (ie, chat mod)
I have a question about my game. You said that you'll provide a SNES flash cart. If Mother gets moved to the schedule, do you have a GBA flash cart? I submitted it under the assumption that I'd have to get my own, so I'd like to know if I need to get one or if one will be provided for me if Mother gets moved to the schedule. I'm okay with getting one myself, so don't feel like you need to scramble to get a GBA flash cart if you don't already have one if I get in.
<(^_^)>
Quote from Antilles58:
Also - I'm sad that I won't be able to attend this - but I'd be willing to volunteer for any off-site stuff you may need (ie, chat mod)

rip Sad
Quote from WanderingMind:
PX and I are planning on doing commentary for the race.

Awesome!

Quote from Antilles58:

We'll definitely need offsite help with chat modding and social media.

Quote from GearlessRobot:
I have a question about my game. You said that you'll provide a SNES flash cart. If Mother gets moved to the schedule, do you have a GBA flash cart? I submitted it under the assumption that I'd have to get my own, so I'd like to know if I need to get one or if one will be provided for me if Mother gets moved to the schedule. I'm okay with getting one myself, so don't feel like you need to scramble to get a GBA flash cart if you don't already have one if I get in.

I've got flash carts for NES (Everdrive-N8), SNES (SD2SNES), and GBC (Everdrive-GB).  Worst case we can play the WiiU version, but I'd strongly prefer the GBA version if it saves an hour on text.
Quote from puwexil:
We'll definitely need offsite help with chat modding and social media.

i'm so up for that Cheesy
Edit history:
Antilles58: 2016-01-20 10:43:29 am
#FailFish
Quote from kirbymastah:
Quote from Antilles58:

rip Sad

Thanks for your sadness!! After last year's RPGLB I had decided that I wanted to go to this (and possibly even learn FF9 RTA to submit)....

..... but then I found out my wife would be having baby #4 in April. So yeah....... May event is out Tongue
dat jerk
An update to the 3-player co-op FFX-2 run.

I showed both Caracarn and Dsharper about how the run can possibly be divided between three people. I got no response about it from Caracarn (I think he's not too worried about it or he is not concerned about it at this time) and Dsharper came up with another suggestion which looks okay. I personally would just like to get this 'who will get what' planned out early so there won't be any scrambling at the last minute.

Dsharper also voiced his opinion on the co-op. He says he is not too keen of the idea of a co-op run and would rather do a race. I feel that a FFX-2 race is too risky for a marathon and told him so. I also told him that he should inform others of his opinion on the forums but he hasn't done so.

I thought I should keep everyone updated on the slow progress of our planning.
Thanks for the update.  Like I said earlier I'd prefer if all 3 of you can be part of the run, but if that's not going to work out I'll make an executive decision.
here's the thing: Augora and I had been planning to submit X-2 as a 2 person co-op for at least the last year. We figured it would either get accepted or it wouldn't and that's all we had to worry about. So having a third person getting mixed in with us is not something we were anticipating.

Now, I don't think any of the three of us want to do a 3 person co-op, and I know Augora does not want to do a 3-way race. So my compromise is that we do a 2 way race - Me/Augora vs. Dsharper. I don't really understand the reason for saying a race is too risky; the run is already risky on it's own, and we will be saving periodically. It's not like a Super Metroid race where someone dies and they are just out of the race.

I believe this proposal is fair for all involved.
Edit history:
Dsharper: 2016-01-21 08:18:10 pm
Dsharper: 2016-01-21 08:17:45 pm
Dsharper: 2016-01-21 08:17:26 pm
Quote from Caracarn:
Now, I don't think any of the three of us want to do a 3 person co-op, and I know Augora does not want to do a 3-way race. So my compromise is that we do a 2 way race - Me/Augora vs. Dsharper. I don't really understand the reason for saying a race is too risky; the run is already risky on it's own, and we will be saving periodically.
I believe this proposal is fair for all involved.

I like this idea. 
OK, that works for me if you're all on board with a 2-way race.
Quote from puwexil:

Quote from GearlessRobot:

I've got flash carts for NES (Everdrive-N8), SNES (SD2SNES), and GBC (Everdrive-GB).  Worst case we can play the WiiU version, but I'd strongly prefer the GBA version if it saves an hour on text.

I figured it might be worth mentioning that krikzz has been working on a GBA Everdrive recently https://twitter.com/krikzz, but who knows if it will be out before RPGLB.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-01-24 12:10:35 pm
The schedule is now posted at http://bombch.us/B3WZ (MDT/GMT-6) or https://horaro.org/rpglb/2016 (autoconverts to your local timezone).  Unfortunately Deln is no longer going to be able to make it, so I've taken off Torchlight 2.

We'll start finalizing incentives for each run in a few days.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Sounds good.  My planning can commence then for planes and hotels, I assume?
Ability to reserve rooms at the University Guest House at our event group rate ($109/room night for 1-2 people, $119/room night for 3-4 people) should be starting in the next few weeks.  If you'd rather stay offsite, then go ahead anytime.
Is the schedule open to changes? For instance, I feel my time is a bit early especially for my usual streaming and audience who is only use to catching me in the evenings. And of course if absolutely no changes can be made I will be able to do that time, I would just prefer a later time even if it's just a few hours. I'm also not an early morning person heh.

Let me know if there are any other options if it's not too much of a problem.
bichGOAL
I will most likely not be able to make my time slot as I will be attending only a portion of the marathon. I could keep the same essential timeslot and have it on Thursday if that is feasible.  Really any time Thursday and beyond is doable. Most likely I'd be arriving late Wednesday night.
Edit history:
mrprmiller: 2016-01-24 12:56:27 pm
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
If there are going to be adjustments, should I wait and see?  I can make any part of the marathon, but only for a day so I just want to be sure.  Changing reservations can be expensive.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2016-01-24 01:14:33 pm
<(^_^)>
BTW it'll be nice if you update the main thread with the schedule too! Really liking it. I'm disappointed that a lot of runs i really want to watch are spread out through the schedule (since I won't be there half the time), but I guess that's a good thing since it means a good spread Tongue

EDIT: I'm dumb, you did update the main thread lol, my bad