djtifaheart: 2016-02-04 12:40:06 am
djtifaheart: 2016-02-03 10:35:56 pm
djtifaheart: 2016-02-03 10:34:29 pm
djtifaheart: 2016-02-03 09:34:59 pm
djtifaheart: 2016-02-03 09:34:55 pm
djtifaheart: 2016-02-03 09:34:54 pm
djtifaheart: 2016-01-30 10:30:10 pm
djtifaheart: 2016-01-29 09:28:25 pm
List of approved incentives posted at https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2016__donation_incentives_thread_85.html - runners, please check for accuracy.

- Main Thread: -
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2016__main_thread.html

Donation Incentives:

- Remember to include things like the numbers of letters in names. I.E., a character name cap/limit for naming characters (Ness, Frog, etc) in your game.

- Please try to remember that this is a family friendly stream, keep the incentives to PG rated. Talk to me or puwexil if you have questions regarding an incentive of yours.

- Try to keep incentives within the run itself! We don't want anyone to stop in the middle of the run and load another file. Post-game stuff will be on a case-by-case bais.

- Feel free to toss out suggestions for a run - even if you’re not the runner. Please keep in mind that the runner of the game has to okay the incentive that’s being suggested. I’m open to letting people suggest and discuss stuff.

- Please note if the incentives add time to your run, if so, by how much. Five minutes, ten minutes, etc.

- Dollar amounts will be set by the Limit Break staff and not the runners this year.

- Incentive list was pulled from the game submissions thread, this is the place to clear up incentives.

- Cut off date for incentives is Sunday, April 24th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Game and Incentive List
Bravely Default
- Obdajr
- 3DS
- Extra Asterisk bosses (not vampire or conjurer)

Child of Light
- Essentia
- PS3
- Color of Aurora's dress (normal, light, or dark)

Chrono Cross
- spikevegeta, evilash25
- PSX
- Good Ending (+6 minutes), Naming Characters (Serge, Kid, Leena, Pierre, Glenn, Sprigg, Harle, Fargo, Marcy - only use in battle: 6 letter limit), Save Kid from her coma (+7 minutes)

Disgaea 3
- PinkPajamas
- PS3
- Name the two female warriors (top two names), name the female mage knight, final boss attack animations

Drakkhen
- Dragondarch
- SNES
- Naming the 4 party members, glitch/oddity showcase

Earthbound
- AndyPerfect
- SNES
- Name the characters (Ness, Jeff, Poo, Paula), Name the player, pose for the final picture of the run that gets taken of the player during the credits

Eternal Sonata
- TheOurobori
- XB360
- Character Voice Languages (Japanese vs English)

Etrian Odyssey 3
- Rosael
- DS
- name the 7 characters (9 letter limit), pick the ending: Deep City vs Armoroad (+1:40 minutes)

Fallout 4
- Brossentia
- PC
- Male or Female, Character name, basic character designs

Final Fantasy V
- bichphoungballz
- SNES
- Naming Butz, Gilgamesh battles, Neo-Exdeath battle

Final Fantasy VI
- Essentia, puwexil
- SNES
- Naming characters (Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Celes, Setzer, Strago, Relm, Mog, and Gogo), Phantom Train Suplex, Opera sing-a-long (possibly Fluffy Brigade-assisted?), rolling bidding war over text box background, save or kill Cid

Final Fantasy X-2
- Caracarn, Augora, Dsharper
- PS2
- Singing 1000 Words, VA% in ch1 Zanarkand (not an incentive - freebie), Mini games: Gunner's Gauntlet, Thunder Plains towers, or Calm Lands

Final Fantasy XIII
- LewdDolphin21
- PS3/PC
- Blindfolded Bosses: Proudclad in Chapter 12, live Edentoise kill

Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming
- Dowolf
- PC
- names for the three main characters, Hero 3D Hard Mode

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
- JHobz
- PS3
- LV1 Unknown, Infinite Roll Glitch (IRG) showcase, name the gummi ship

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
- Bizkit047
- PS2 (JP)
- LV1 Sephiroth/Terra fights post run, Level 1 Critical

Legend of Mana
- Falexxx1, PX, 2bitmarksman, soothingplumtea
- PSX
- Character name, Dragon vs. Faerie bidwar

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
- ThatsFairZack
- SNES
- Maxim's Name, Capsule Monster Bid-War (7 total), Capsule Monster Name

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- altabiscuit
- GBA
- Glitch Showcase (5-10 minutes)

Mega Man Battle Network 6
- soothingplumtea
- GBA
- Humor Program, Boktai crossover sidequest (Bass and The Count of Groundsoaking Blood + 10 minutes)

Parasite Eve
- Turbodog702
- PSX
- Name Aya

Phantasy Star IV
- Jiseed
- Genesis/PC
- Getting Megid, Crash the game using the Macro system

Quest for Glory I-V
- mrprmiller
- PC
- EGA/VGA QFG1 or EGA/VGA QFG2 (Game version differences), Name, class choice

Radiant Historia
- Ghostwheel
- DS
- TBD

Robotrek
- PJ
- SNES
- Naming the main character and three robots, choosing the color of the robots

Saturday Morning RPG
- CosmykTheDolfyn
- PC
- Crush or Save Ben (+5 minutes), controller cam

Seiken Densetsu 3
- DMAether, FeralPigMan
- SNES
- Naming the characters, selecting storyline (Archdemon, Dragon Emperor or Dark Lich), names for the three characters, route: Archdemon vs Dragon Emperor, Carlie death counter (Archdemon route only), HONK

Shining Force II
- Bowiethehero, NoWorries
- Genesis
- Group push ups for every time we miss Bats or Bosses. As in, $$$ for push ups and misses, turning bad RNG into something positive!, Name the Characters who take part in the run (Bowie, Chester, Sarah, Jaha, Kazin, Slade, Peter, Gerhalt, Luke, Eric, Sheela and Lemon), The Musical: by Bowie

Soul Blazer
- StingerPA
- SNES
- File Name (8 letter limit), Get the Magic Bell (+5 minutes)

Suikoden II
- Omnigamer
- PS3/PSTV
- Name the main character (8 letter limit), name Army (8 letter limit), name Castle (8 letter limit), Complete Clive's Quest, "Kindness Early" route featuring more (popular) glitches, Ending 2 (+5 minutes), Run away at Tinto (Bid War)

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- puri_puri
- PC
- Class name (14 characters), Character name (31 characters), Portrait Replacements

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
- Tide
- PC
- view Soul Crush animations, kill final boss with Soul Crush

Wild Arms (Trail Version)
- lordofultima
- PSX (JP)
- Naming characters (Rudy, Jack, Cecilia)

Yo-Kai Watch
- osey889, Ghoul02
- 3DS
- Naming the character, Name the Yo-Kai (Jibanyan, Komasan, Walkappa, Venoct)

Ys Origin
- GhostKingG1
- PC
- Feed vs. starve the Roos

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Below the spoiler tag is feedback from the staff, we'd like to hear back from the runners!
- Bravely Default: Need a list of the extra bosses that can be defeated within the run and that the runner is comfortable with! We'd also like to know if it's possible to name characters via new game +.

- Disgaea 3: No incentives were listed for the run- if there's any ideas that the runner can think of, please let us know!

- Earthbound: With RNG manipulation in place, we are not sure if things like favorite food, thing - name of dog or color window will affect the run. I know the runner is still in the process of re-routing so it works with the main characters being named!

- Etrian Odyssey 3: Guild and Ship were listed as incentives, but for what? Also, need a list for the possible endings and the time difference for each.

- Final Fantasy X-2: We are fine with Caracarn and Augora doing the Voice Acting, but not as an incentive. Think of it as a freebie. If Yuna's speech is in German, Augora will have to do it and not say Elmagus :P. List the mini-games and their estimates please!

- Half-Minute Hero: We'd like to see English text for the run. Also, please provide a list of songs for the singing incentive.

- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix: Before we look at specific incentives for the run, we'd like to propose having Lvl 1 be an incentive ($x raised to run Lvl 1 Critical instead of Any% Critical).  Since KH2FM will be the finale of the marathon and the idea of a Lvl 1 Critical speedrun will blow away KH fans that struggled to beat Critical Mode at all, RPGLB staff thinks this could raise a lot of donations.  Of course, it's Bizkit047's call on if he's ok with this or not.

- Mega Man Battle Network 6: Does this run have the Humor Program? If so, it is in. :p

- Phantasy Star IV: We'd like to know how much time getting Megid costs.

- Quest for Glory: Does the game version (EGA / VGA) matter for carrying the file over to the next game? Since it's all five games with the same character file. Need a list of class choices too!

- Radiant Historia: no incentives were listed. Are there any side quests you can do? Again, this is up to the runner!

- Robotrek: We'd like to see the best color options from the runner!

- Saturday Morning RPG: Are there any possible incentives to do with the run? None were listed.

- Seiken Densetsu 3: We'd like to know if the runners can finish the non-Archdemon (Dragon Emperor or Dark Lich) stories within' the estimate given. Why are the last two incentives marked as Archdemon only? Dark Lich uses the same party.

- Shining Force II: Need an estimate for the Secret Fight, how much time does it take. For the push up incentive, we'd like to make sure that both runners are okay with it, please let us know.

- Soul Blazer: How much time does getting the Magic Bell cost?

- Suikoden II: We'd like to follow up with the incentives given: which ones are the best ones in the runner's opinion.

- Valkyrie Profile 2: For the Soul Crushes incentives, we'd like an estimate.
Thread title:  
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Saturday Morning RPG:  I have found that playing on keyboard and controller simultaneously saves time (movement input from two sources), and I will be switching hands back and forth all the time.  On top of that, there is massive amounts of mashing and joystick rotation with every fight, so I wouldn't mind adding a controller cam incentive if people feel like that's all right.

Also, there is a kid that we would normally skip named Ben who has clogged a Porta-Potty, and you can choose to either be nice and drain it or be mean and flood him out in his own... well, you know.  It could be a bid war to Drain or Flood poor Ben.  Would add about 3 minutes.
Edit: I feel like I should add that you don't actually see the result of your choice in said bid war, as speaking to him again after making said choice requires backtracking all the way out of the dungeon.
Disgaea 3:
Name the two female warriors (Either 1st and 2nd get a name or separate incentives. Both make sense in their own way but making it one incentive will probably just be simpler)
Name the female mage knight
There's a cutscene or two (5 min), attack animations for the final boss (1-2 minutes), and a short 1 minute demonstration at the end I'd like to show. I don't know if they'll make good incentives with how many there already are in the marathon. My estimate is lenient enough that they'll all fit in.

Also it's a PS3 game not SNES.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2016-01-29 10:20:12 pm
GhostKingG1: 2016-01-29 10:19:22 pm
Why Hello it is Me
I'm still not sure if Ys Origin "Feed all the Roos" should be a bidwar or just a standard incentive. In a run you basically have to feed 2 of the 6 Roos in the game (Going out of your way to grab the fruit and then find them), so it's not like an "all or nothing" deal like saving the animals, but considering that only people who know the game really would understand what feeding all of them would mean, it may be better to make it a bidwar (feed or let them go hungry). I'd like some feedback on it, honestly. I haven't routed it yet so tentatively it's a 5 minute add-on of time, but I'll work on routing it in to get a better estimate of how much time it takes. The other donation incentive I initially pitched was over whether or not I show the animated intro, which is usually skipped as it's a 3 minute cutscene.
All the things
Incentives for Suikoden II are broken out as follows. The first thing listed is the approximate time it comes into play in the run, the next is just a description, and anything in brackets is the expected amount of time it will take.

Start - Main Character Name. The game has a random name selector with ~120 names to pick from; I propose giving the option for "random" as one of the competing bids. [8 chars]
45 min - Army Name. [8 chars]
2 hours - Castle Name. [8 chars]
1.25 hours - Complete Clive's Quest. This is a sidequest in that has some time cutoffs and is often requested. The first actual event comes in at the shown time, but I would need to see where to fit the rest of it into the route. [8 mins?]
1.75 hrs - "Kindness Early" route featuring more (popular) glitches. More specifically, it's an older route that uses some well-known glitches instead of adjusted battle strategies. May be hard to describe to viewers for incentive purposes. [3 minutes]
6 hrs - Meet Jowy at Tenzan. If the game's endings can be considered the good, better, and best endings, this would be swapping from the good ending to the better ending. [+5 mins]
4 hours - Run away at Tinto. There's a scene where you get the option to run away well into the game, and it has some pretty significant storyline ramifications. [+2 mins]

The following are just extra cutscenes you can view, but are typically skipped in the run. I don't know how well they would work as donation incentives, but I can coordinate with you guys more to decide on them.

1.25 hours - Wait for Jowy at Muse. A touching scene with a little backstory, but not a lot of actual content. [+1 min]
2  hours - Learn about Genkaku. A number of scenes showing the history behind your grandfather's actions. [+2 mins]

The last incentive was to play on the "restored audio version." The US release (and only the US release) had botched audio addresses when the discs were finalized. Thus there are a number of audio tracks that simply don't play, leaving awkward silence at times. It is possible to play on a modified version of the game that has the issues fixed, however I have not found a reasonable technical way play it on my preferred platform yet. I'd like to think it will be ready by the time the event starts, but I can't guarantee it. So I will withdraw this incentive for now.

Character set for naming incentives attached.

<(^_^)>
Will there be a donation incentive to infest the stream with nu?
Edit history:
Ghoul02: 2016-01-30 05:31:14 am
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Breaking out Yo-kai Watch potential incentives in a bit more detail.

Race
Naming the Characters - Osey and I will be playing as the Boy and Girl Characters in a race, so both have the opportunity to be named. If desired, the gender can be a bid war as well, but I'd probably not do that for naming purposes/messing with muscle memory. Jibanyan is the mascot of the series, so naming him is a potential incentive. He's in the party for the first 1/2 of the run.
Naming both characters will cost very little time, and would all be done very early. All text is instant, so no advantage either way there.

Battle - Both teams, after finishing the run can actually fight head to head. The fight itself probably will take about 5-10 minutes at most but that's easily doable within the current estimate.

Solo Run Incentives
Boy vs Girl. Girl probably takes a minute or so longer, but it isn't a big deal to use either.
Naming the character
Naming Yo-kai - Since we get a lot of these, I'd condense it down to 3 or 4 at most, with the rest of the Yo-kai names either going to support the channel ( etc), upcoming incentives or runs (Naming something Sephiroth as promotion for the Lvl 1 Sephiroth fight for example). The 4 I'd recommend would be Jibanyan, Komasan, Walkappa, and Venoct. If a fifth is desired, Mirapo.
Battle - Since both of us won't have done the run, this would be more competitive pokemon style. To make it take less time, we'll put a few restrictions on teams to make things move more quickly. Only one game capture would be needed to show this.
There are a couple other smaller ones I could think of if you wanted more for a solo run.

There's one final incentive I could add, although admittedly I'm not sure it'd be worth the setup time. I'll just drop the video and you guys can fill in the rest.

(Yes, that is Yo-kai Watch Just Dance. I'm sure I can scrounge up 3 other nerds to have some fun with this. I'll probably need to know this a bit ahead of time if you want this, since this isn't available digitally for some reason, but it won't be very hard to get a disk either.)
Why Hello it is Me
Quote from kirbymastah:
Will there be a donation incentive to infest the stream with nu?

There better be
dat jerk
As for Yuna's speech in German, it looks like I won't be able to do it. I found it online and I took a long look at it... It is way out of my league right now. I don't know majority of the words. So that idea will have to be scrapped until the game makes it back into another marathon when my German is way more advance.
Edit history:
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 06:39:10 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 06:38:19 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 01:12:14 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 01:08:12 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 01:08:04 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 01:07:55 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 12:53:53 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 08:04:09 am
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote:
Quest for Glory: Does the game version (EGA / VGA) matter for carrying the file over to the next game? Since it's all five games with the same character file. Need a list of class choices too!

There is QUITE a bit of difference between the EGA and VGA version for carrying the file over to the next game.  This is going to get a bit technical, but it needs to be understood to get this down properly.  Pay attention to the game number and the version; this might be complicated.

1. I can freely go from EGA1 -> VGA2 or VGA1 -> EGA2.  It does not have to stay all EGA or all VGA for the first two games.  We could have the VGA remake of QFG1 and do the EGA original of QFG2.

2. Here's where things get complicated.  :/  The game transfers MONEY between QFG1 and QFG2 differently depending on the QFG1 version we are using.  If I do QFG1EGA, this basically becomes a non-issue, because the trigger to transfer your Gold reward for saving the world is just leaving the final room.  QFG2EGA or QFG2VGA will both get the Gold.

If, however, the game ends up being QFG1VGA, we may have a technical problem if we move to QFG2VGA.  In QFG1VGA, the trigger for getting the Gold is throwing a Potion at the boss lady and then exiting.  In the fastest route, we do not collect the Potion, so the reward money never transfers.  If the second game is QFG2EGA, it is not an issue, because I use a glitch to get all the Gold I need in seconds.  If the second game is QFG2VGA, I MUST have the reward money because there is no glitch known to get automagic cash.

- QFG1EGA -> QFG2EGA = No problem.
- QFG1EGA -> QFG2VGA = No problem.
- QFG1VGA -> QFG2EGA = No problem.
- QFG1VGA -> QFG2VGA = BIG problem.

Now, I say it is a big problem, but it is really a timing problem.  I would have to do the main quest storyline for QFG1VGA, which adds about 7 minutes to my timing estimate (class doesn't matter... but see below, because it does, but I have a solution for it).  This would actually end up not being a terribly big deal, because QFG2VGA is 5 minutes FASTER than QFG2EGA, so the difference would only be about 2 minutes.  And this leads me to point three...

3. The class difference incentive is going to be an issue.  :/  If this were just the individual games and not importing between the games, it wouldn't be a problem at all.  But in the marathon, after testing, I found the Thief is the only viable class for the marathon run in the first three games, and then in order to correctly import to QFG5 I MUST be a Wizard for QFG4.  I've been putsying around and can't find viable solutions to run the marathon as a Fighter or Wizard for the first three games.  It adds far too much time because of particular stat grinding, and because of the way Stamina works, death can come at anytime if I miscount or the game throws me a monkey-wrench and decides to do something twice instead of once and throws off the count (it happens, and its infuriating).

Also, if I am not a Wizard for QFG5, the time estimate goes from about 7-8 minutes to about 50 minutes.

I have a few months to work on it, but I doubt this issue is going to go away.  :/  Even though each class route is viable, to do it in the time limit allotted, I can guarantee, is not.  A Wizard straight through run would probably add about 10-15 minutes to the run.  With a Fighter run, God only knows, because there would be insane amounts of grinding to get to the point where I can actually HIT enemies thanks to the Weapon Skill stat.

The order for the Import game will have to be (barring any new discoveries which I seriously doubt will appear): QFG1 Thief -> QFG2 Thief -> QFG3 Thief -> QFG4 Wizard -> QFG5 Wizard

4. We could change a few incentives.  Because QFG1 is so short regardless, we could have an incentive for the full main quest of the game which would show off a bit more.  It would make my estimates 6 minutes for EGA and 10 minutes for the VGA version.  QFG4 could include an incentive to save the Chief Thief which would only add about 3 minutes.  I am trying to think of some additional ones, also.

THAT BEING SAID, WE COULD VERY WELL JUST MAKE IT THE INDIVIDUAL NEW ANY% GAMES WITHOUT THE IMPORTING FEATURE.  That would allow us to have donation incentives for each game for the character class, and the time difference wouldn't be any different (it may actually go down).  We could still include the incentives for the EGA/VGA versions of each, also.  The problem with that option is that we'd lose the Import feature which is the unique draw for a five game series.

5. The classes in each game are listed here.  I will assume this will be if we decide to do New Game Any% runs versus the Import feature.
- QFG1 - Fighter, Magic-User, Thief
- QFG2 - Fighter, Wizard, Thief
- QFG3 - Fighter, Wizard, Thief, Paladin (Paladin only available if we import a character, which I can make sure is ready)
- QFG4 - Fighter, Wizard, Thief, Paladin (same as above)
- QFG5 - Wizard, Paladin (as long as he has all of the spells, but the route will be IDENTICAL, so there won't be a difference)

Feedback on this would be wonderful.
Idiot/TIUH/Reece
I have a request for a donation incentive regarding Ancient Cave. When ThatsFairZack gets to the end, and should the winning capsule monster defend, people in the room and in chat must wave the USA Flag. @(_@
Edit history:
StingerPA: 2016-01-30 12:04:47 pm
For Soul Blazer, the Magic Bell would add about 5 minutes to the current estimate.  For the File name, it's an 8 letter limit.
Partner can be an incentive in Legend of Mana once the run starts and we know which route. Faerie has the Daena/Escad choice, don't really know what we could do for Dragon since Larc is with us most of the game.
I must simply laugh.
Seiken Densetsu 3:

-you should add a "HONK!" incentive, that if a certain amount is reached, we get to hear the honking for the rest of the run.
-a Storyline bidwar makes sense but ONLY if Aether attends, feral and me as backup wont be able to learn Dragon Emperor and Dark Lich on short notice
-JP v. English can be removed, we should just roll with the English TP (for naming especially)
-class changing carlie is not a really strong incentive imo and should be removed aswell

Radiant Historia:
-there is a couple of hilarious bad endings you can unlock, showing those off would be nice. Ghostwheel would have to okay this and see what endings he is able to show off quickly (mainly thinking of the Marco annihilates everybody ending here, but there is other good ones for sure)
-There is a couple of superbosses that are not very easy to access. However the superbosses in the competition in Cygnus which are not impossible to beat with a little bit of setup time (probably 5 minutes really). Ghostwheel would of course have to confirm that he would be willing to do this.
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Chiming in on Quest for Glory (completely unofficially) - There will probably be enough, and I love the idea of importing the same character across all the games. That said, obviously not up to me.
For PSIV: getting Megid will take roughly 10 minutes as I plan to grab the additional Guardian Mail for Rika while I have the opportunity.
Edit history:
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 06:37:00 pm
mrprmiller: 2016-01-30 06:36:30 pm
Quote from Ghoul02:
Chiming in on Quest for Glory (completely unofficially) - There will probably be enough, and I love the idea of importing the same character across all the games. That said, obviously not up to me.

Me too.  I prefer the multi-game import gauntlet because that is the unique draw of the game.  I can't think of too many games that allow you to carry your character like that through 5 games.  But "enough" what?
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Sorry, enough incentives. It's an RPG marathon, they are really not hurting for incentives. I had it typed and edited a few places, and missed that lol.
Quote from Ghoul02:
Sorry, enough incentives. It's an RPG marathon, they are really not hurting for incentives. I had it typed and edited a few places, and missed that lol.

Completely understand.  I typed out my reply one-handed because of the infant on my lap.  hehehe  Totally true, though.  The donation incentives in this run could get a little over-complicated, very, very quickly.  Cheesy
Edit history:
djtifaheart: 2016-01-30 10:41:02 pm
Gotta Go Fast!
Updated Soul Blazer and took off Yuna's speech (sorry to hear that Emma!).

Sorry, Pink! I should have caught that, seeing as my husband owns the game on PS3, minor error fixed.

I'll hopefully have the feedback from the staff and I soon (TBD). Please continue to provide feedback/incentive ideas. Thank to you those who have answered our questions so far.
This is for The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.

In addition to the current listed incentives for character name and class name I can also do portrait replacements. The portrait will be on-screen for most of the run, and the full character model will also be shown during level-ups and inventory management.

I can overwrite up to 10 portraits, but here's what I've got so far:

Half-Minute Hero 2: Names are 12 characters long, for Yusha, Yushia, and Yuja.

The song is To a Space Faraway, though tbh I'm getting cold feet about that already >_>
Edit history:
NoWorries: 2016-01-31 07:39:45 am
SHINING FORCE 2

-edit, whoops-

*Clarification* The names are a great incentive, but the list of who is going to be used might change in the coming months. We are ironing out our marathon run (which may use different peeps compared to our regular run) as such that list would need to remain available to be changed up to April I imagine, though that may even be too long. The point being that in order to name all characters, we have to do a code. A code that lets us name all the characters, however, some of the characters we will never see so there is little point in including them unless people really want to name someone we will skip entirely. Also, the character limit is SEVEN, 7. Available is upper and lowercase english letters A through Z, numbers 0 through 9, and the following symbols: , - ! ? # ' and of course the space bar. There is also a _ though it is less defined than the traditional underscore.

*Secret Battle* The Secret Battle loads up at the conclusion of all the credits (there is about 7 minutes of credits) and the Secret Battle takes roughly 15-20 minutes. For our runs, it is tradition to try the Secret Battle if you PB, though the Secret Battle is very difficult and often we die and there is no save feature to keep going (it's a one shot deal). I know we'd be up for doing it, but there is very little in the way of a safety net if we were to get defeated and in total would add ~30 minutes to be on the safe side.

*Push Ups* I sent a message to him asking if he's cool. I'll update when I learn something, though I can't imagine he'd be against it especially if people are donating to see us suffer doing push ups after a 7 hour run.
Games!
For Mega Man Battle Network 6, it does have the Humor Program, but it's nowhere near as good as 3's.

Here's a video of the 'jokes'

BN 6 is unique in that you can fight Bass mid speedrun. He's usually a post game only boss. So that could make a good incentive. Would add 5 - 10 minutes, depending on dying or not. Will ask Plum how he feels about it.

I offered a glitch showcase for the series. It would be separate from the run, but they're all quick and pretty neat. Less than 10 minutes should cover them all.
Edit history:
Rosael: 2016-01-31 03:02:21 pm
Menu Faster!
In Etrian Odyssey 3 I have no issues removing the naming incentives for the ship and guild or just naming them RPGLB2016 and ______ as they they are never seen again in the run as the only time they will ever show up is in dialogue boxes.

The endings can be labeled as: Deep City, Armoroad, Deep One.  This incentive will be cut off about halfway through the game when I have to make the choice.
Deep City and Armoroad both take the same amount of time realistically due to how the fight have to be done and the completion estimate for these is 1:40.
Deep One requires 8 mins of extra movement and extra plot triggers and a comfortable estimate is 1:50.

The max character length for names is 9 for characters, 8 for ship/guild.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Edit: If 7 Character names is too many I can also cut that down to 6 or 5 if required.