Edit history:
JHobz: 2016-02-16 01:58:55 pm
JHobz: 2016-02-16 01:55:54 am
JHobz: 2016-02-16 01:55:05 am
JHobz: 2016-02-16 01:54:19 am
Professional Race Slut
Quote from djtifaheart:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix: We are fine with dropping the Sephiroth incentive

Don't know why I didn't think of it before, but naming the gummi ship could also be an incentive. Would bring us up to 3 total for KH1.5 though, so not sure if that's too many. Also that incentive would have to be cut-off at the beginning of the run or shortly after it. The gummi ship name is only shown during naming and briefly in 4 gummi menus, but we could refer to it as the name every mission (e.g. "Time to hop back in Arby's and sail to Hollow Bastion").
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from Vulajin:
Quote from CosmykTheDolfyn:
Saturday Morning RPG:  I have found that playing on keyboard and controller simultaneously saves time (movement input from two sources), and I will be switching hands back and forth all the time.  On top of that, there is massive amounts of mashing and joystick rotation with every fight, so I wouldn't mind adding a controller cam incentive if people feel like that's all right.

Somehow I missed this earlier. Generally we don't mind setting up controller cams if they're justified, but the main concern is whether we can get an angle that will actually show clearly what the runner is doing, input-wise, and which will avoid the runner accidentally moving the controller off camera at random. Can you do us a favor and try this out on your personal stream and show us how it looks?

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmykthedolfyn/v/46213744
Here's a whole run with a cam focused at controller/keyboard.  Main things to note: constantly switching between the two, sometimes using both at once, lots of mashing and joystick rotation.  ALSO, the run is a 1:24:57 (includes all 5 episodes), which is a new PB!
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
For the FFX-2 race since Augora is going to sing 1000 Words for her team (I assume), can I offer to sing it for DSharper if he doesn't want to sing it?
Quote from CosmykTheDolfyn:
http://www.twitch.tv/cosmykthedolfyn/v/46213744
Here's a whole run with a cam focused at controller/keyboard.  Main things to note: constantly switching between the two, sometimes using both at once, lots of mashing and joystick rotation.

May be a bit awkward to position the second camera, but we'll figure it out - this is approved.
dat jerk
Quote from PX_:
For the FFX-2 race since Augora is going to sing 1000 Words for her team (I assume), can I offer to sing it for DSharper if he doesn't want to sing it?

I think the plan is to donate as to who is gonna sing in the duet of 1000 Words. So it could be anyone in the room if people donate for that person.

Can we sing A Whole New World instead? Kappa
I just saw the staff questions regarding SD3 and also the fact that there were duplicate incentives listed, so I'll list the final incentives and address the questions:

Naming the characters, Carlie death counter (Archdemon/Dark Lich routes only), HONK, selecting storyline (Archdemon, Dragon Emperor or Dark Lich; only if Aether attends, which sadly looks like he might not be now D: but we'll see if we can do something about that)

Carlie is in the Dark Lich party, but when I'd submitted that incentive Aether hadn't started learning that storyline, which is why I had left it out. Added that in.

As for the estimates for the other storylines, Dragon Emperor should get under, since Aether's CFRM run was 5:30 I believe, and I recall it having some preeeetty bad RNG (as well as being his first completed run). Dark Lich I'm not too sure about, but it's seemed rather faster than Archdemon from when I've watched Aether. Again, this consideration would be moot if Aether doesn't end up going ( D: )
Gotta Go Fast!
Took off Pokemon Emerald and Final Fantasy I for the PSP due to the runners dropping.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5: Added the Gummi Ship naming incentive

Shining Force 2: Make Bowie wear the sandals or take them off! (Bidwar)

Yo-Kai Watch: For the solo run, the following were added:
- Naming the character, Name the Yo-Kai (Jibanyan, Komasan, Walkappa, Venoct)

For vs mode; we'd like more details on the incentive overall and what are the restrictions?

Final Fantasy X-2: Whatever the runners do with 1,000 Words is fine with us, but please plan around the race aspect of it. Example, if one team is in an important battle and needs serious time (and the other team is at the concert FMV) or both teams are at the concert FMV or something.

Feral: thanks for getting back to us and hopefully Aether can make it!
The VS mode for Yo-Kai Watch would be a my team of Yo-kai vs Ghoul's. we would have separate copies of the game (3 total, 2 for the vs match and 1 for the speedrun. this is so the copy for the speedrun will only contain the speedrun save file and let it be a donation prize) and the rules of the VS match would have us make prepared teams using yo-kai from each Rank.
So thats 1 S rank, 1 A rank, B,C,D,E and with no yo-kai over level 35. We set these rules so one didn't make a super OP team with nothing but legendary yo-kai. Again, no additional set up will be needed for this.

Also for naming the character, do you want us to choose boy or girl? i think it would help people know what names to donate for if they know the gender. 
Gotta Go Fast!
For the gender, we'd like you guys to stick with which ever is faster (Boy in this case from reading Ghoul's comments on page 1).
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
It's like... 2 minutes at most. The only difference is the location of the house, and the boys is a block and a half northwest of the girls and you go that direction slightly more often. It really doesn't matter. I actually prefer the look of the girl by a fair bit and it'd probably be a good bidding war.

Going into a bit more detail on the Vs Mode -
VS mode is the same battle system as in the normal game, just head to head instead of vs the computer, essentially. Similar concept to pokemon
Since this isn't a race, we'll be using previously made teams with a basic set of restrictions, namely a level cap and restictions on rank.
Only 1 capture should be needed, the other player can just be on their console, but the battle should still be visible with one capture. The only setup will be popping the run cart out and sticking in my personal cart.
The main reason we have restrictions was for time. A lot of my theory crafting resulted in really bulky teams that would make the fight take a lot longer, so having this restriction should, I think, favor an offensive team. I think it would take about 5 minutes, 10 minutes tops.
Another possible incentive we can do instead of a VS game is show off the Final Boss but with a recently discovered trick/glitch. Its called Soul Ultimate Cancel Attack Haste or SUCAH for short. We aren't using this for RPGLB as it breaks the game to the point of there is no strategy and would make the entire run really boring to watch with us just abusing a really simple trick. It should get a decent wow response for just how incredibly broken it is. 
Insanity Prelude
I think I would like to remove the Soul Crush finish on the final boss for VP2. I am much more concerned about doing a good deathless run, and even though it is only one fight, dying there is pretty penalizing (have to do the fight before it over again).
I just like stuff.
I would like to clarify the Final Fantasy XIII incentives: The only fight under consideration for being blindfolded is Proudclad 1. The potential Edentoise kill would not be blindfolded; it would just be done in the middle of chapter 12. I believe we were thinking of the donations as being either/or: either we fight Proudclad blindfolded, or we fight Edentoise, since they're at about the same spot in the run.
All the things
Just a heads-up about the former Suikoden II incentive for "Play with restored audio", it looks like it may now be possible to do so. I need to try it out yet, but seems like it should work out. I'll let you know when I've confirmed it.

As a reminder, the US version of Suikoden II was released with about a dozen audio tracks broken due to incorrect finalizing. By playing a modified version of the game, that audio can be accessed correctly again.
I'd like to suggest a dog scene showcase for VP2 as a donation incentive
bichGOAL
if possible I'd like to add 10 minutes to my estimate since the incentives add time to the run. (to 4:40)
Professional Second Banana
Quote from bichphuongballz:
if possible I'd like to add 10 minutes to my estimate since the incentives add time to the run. (to 4:40)

No problem - schedule updated.
Remove crashing the game from PSIV if you would. I've had dubious results in replicating the crash on various different hardware and don't want to get caught in a situation where it can't be pulled off.
Insanity Prelude
Quote from Aithere:
I'd like to suggest a dog scene showcase for VP2 as a donation incentive

This actually would not be a bad idea! I need to have a file ready first though...hm
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2016-03-26 07:21:42 pm
All the things
Update for Suikoden II:

-I've decided not to offer the previously discussed "Kindness Early Route" incentive. There's just not a good enough way to present it to the viewers, and I'm not confident I'll have enough time to practice both of the routes. I'd still like to have some way to show off the Matilda Gate glitch (loooots of people know it/like it) but there's nothing left in the route to make use of it. I can possibly do it as part of some Glitch Exhibition incentive, but I'd need to think of a few other things to show off to make such an exhibition worthwhile.
-I can in fact play on the restored audio version, so we can add that to the incentives list. Proof of concept video here:

This came up for my Baethon run of Disgaea 2 but it'd work for Disgaea 3 as well.
We could have an incentive for me to play on cursor mode B. This'll shift some of the controls to be 90 degrees off of what I'm used to and could make for some funny moments when I try to throw characters.
I've been reminded that we didn't update the incentives after adding Final Fantasy GBA.

- 4 fantastic character names (6 letters, digits, and symbols each)

- Chaos has been incredibly buffed in this version.  We'll remove everyone's weapons for the final battle and have our fighter beat Chaos to death with his bare hands.

- Completing the class change quest increases your powers infinitely, or more.  We'll skip it.

While I normally can do a no class change run in 3:15, I'd like to increase the estimate to 3:25 for safety if that is an incentive.
I'm going to be withdrawing the Soul Blazer incentive for the Magic Bell.  I haven't had much time to route it out and practice it, and I think it will end up adding another couple of minutes on top of the 5 minutes I previously noted from the basic work I started to do on it.  My time would likely be better served continuing to practice the main route instead.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2016-04-12 07:41:39 am
All the things
A little further update on timing of some of the Sui2 incentives:

-Ending 2/Good Ending: The difference between it and the usual ending is only about 2.5 minutes, or up to 4 minutes if I want to show off an extra audio track. So that works out pretty well.
-Run away at Tinto: It takes about 1.5 minutes longer than the usual route, so still completely workable.
-Clive's Quest: I underestimated the timing of this one a bit. Completing all of the individual parts of Clive's Quest + travel time makes a difference of about 10 minutes. It's a popular request, but with that time burden in mind make sure to set the incentive amount accordingly.
-While the actual gameplay is no different if I'm playing the restored audio version, it does take a minute or two longer to setup due to an extra step.

With this info in mind, I'll leave it up to the organizers on whether to add another 5 minutes or so to the estimate. It should still work out, but will be a lot tighter if all incentives are hit.
Why Hello it is Me
So we're about 3 weeks off from the event, at what point will we know when the cutoff for donation incentives is?