Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Professional Second Banana
Probably within the next week or so - we're having a meeting this coming week to start officially approving/pricing incentives.
Cut off for submitting incentives will be next Sunday (4/24) - the following week we'll start reviewing the list and approving/pricing the incentives.
Here's my final donation incentives list for Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall:

Portraits:
Kefka
Judge Dredd
Bowie
Ness
Alundra
Nu
DEMON CHOCOBO

Class name (14 letters)

Character name (31 letters)
Talked to EvilAsh about it, I think "Save Vs. Kill Kid" in Chrono Cross would be good as a bid war as opposed to just an incentive to save her. To explain it, it's less "Kill" Kid as you just leaving her in a coma, so however you want to put it in the tracker is fine. I think Save/Kill or Save/Leave Kid gets the point across though.

Saving her costs about 5 minutes and also would put her in the party for the final dungeon(besides Dragon God fight). It also nets you one of the Feel-iest scenes EVER. Leaving her lets us go fast.

The reason I think the bid war works is because she is such a polarizing character to the CC fan-base. Some love her, many hate her. Let the fans decide in the same vein as the Animals fate's in Super Metroid every 6 months.
Quote from spikevegeta2:
Talked to EvilAsh about it, I think "Save Vs. Kill Kid" in Chrono Cross would be good as a bid war as opposed to just an incentive to save her. To explain it, it's less "Kill" Kid as you just leaving her in a coma, so however you want to put it in the tracker is fine. I think Save/Kill or Save/Leave Kid gets the point across though.

Saving her costs about 5 minutes and also would put her in the party for the final dungeon(besides Dragon God fight). It also nets you one of the Feel-iest scenes EVER. Leaving her lets us go fast.

The reason I think the bid war works is because she is such a polarizing character to the CC fan-base. Some love her, many hate her. Let the fans decide in the same vein as the Animals fate's in Super Metroid every 6 months.

Sounds good - did you guys figure something out with the window frames yet too (Monster Mouth pls)?
oh yeah, I'm about to stream a run right now, assuming Ash is in there, we can strategize it. Probably need to work out a lot of logistics of just how to make the actual incentive work. bid war building up to the run? Throughout the run? At the very least, likely need to have links to the various frames to give people a visual for what they are donating for for sure.
Very late in posting about my donation incentives but here we go!

Bravely Default - run times are about 3 hours now, my estimate is set at 3:30
- i have a bit of leeway, also can consider lowering the estimate if we are behind schedule or whatever (im pretty consistent for sub 3 now)

Naming characters: 8 character limit, (names must be in before the run starts)
- to name characters, they must be input on a completed game file and transfered over on newgame+ so names will have to be in before i start. can name Tiz, Agnes, Ringabel and Edea. text will change but voice acting will not.

English vs Japanese voice: bid war? (can change at the start of the game or even on the fly)
- the voices are very scarce in the game, only really showing up during the crystal rituals. "not yet, just a little longer!" is hillarious, but the japanese voices tend to be prefered amounst fans. OK dropping this incentive but it takes no time to change the language.

Unlock Special attacks (must be met before the run starts)
- This is a fun one, and having them unlocked actually makes boss fights more consistent. Time is lost through animations, but since the special attack just replace a black magic spell in most cases, it does not affect the strategies. Godly music for the boss fights too. I highly recommend this one as it makes battles flashier. Also if met early, we can have incentives to name the special attacks for each character (16 character limit) or the battle quotes for using the special attacks (16 character limit). These too must be changed prior to the run starting.

Normal battle speed final boss
- The fight with the highest level of tension and significance can be done at normal fight speed. It's something that can be easily done and will probably have some appeal with viewers. Will add a minute at most.

Extra bosses:
- I've really been struggling with this one since it's a lot slower to go out of your way to fight the extra bosses. I also don't really know how to choose who extra to fight. I would really like some input as to how we should incentivise this if at all.

below is the data i have so far (yes this should have been done months ago, but my last couple months have been very busy). I'll edit this post with more timings as test them tonight and this weekend.

Ch1
-Jackel / Khint - 2:56 sidetracking, 1:15 boss fight, cuts out 1-2 grinding fights (5.1 enemies in florem gardens).
-Profiteur / Khint - 0:50 sidetracking, 1:40 boss fight, can only fight after Jackel, cuts out 1-2 grinding fights (5.1 enemies in florem gardens)
-Khamar / Khint - decent amount of sidetracking, 2:00 boss fight, can only fight after Jackel and Profiteur fights, can only fight at night, so may have to wait a day cycle, cuts out 2-5 grinding fights (10.3 enemies in florem gardens)

Ch2
-Einheria - decent amount of sidetracking, very fast boss fight, used to be in the route, cuts grinding significantly (27.7 enemies, 4-14 fights)
-Artemia - low sidetracking if doing after einheria, fast boss fight, used to be in the route, cuts grinding significantly (27.7 enemies, 4-14 fights)
-De Rosa - can only fight after Einheria, have to wait for night time, need to test strat for him, should cut grinding  (25.7 enemies, 4-13 fights) will probably run into money trouble if grinding is skipped for this though.

Ch3
-Praline - significant sidetracking, fairly fast boss fight, cuts some grinding (11.6 enemies, 2 fights in Eternia)
-Kaede - very short sidetracking, don't know how the boss fight will go, cuts some grinding (10.5 enemies, 2 fights in eternia)
-Kamiizumi - decent amount of sidetracking don't know how the boss fight will go, cuts some griding (10.5 enemies, 2 fights in eternia)

Ch4
-De Roso - .... no

Ch6
-Yulyana - aahh ahaha
Is there much difference between the optional bosses as far as how the fights play out, or do they use pretty similar strats to the normal bosses fought in the same chapter?
honestly, the strats would be more of the same for the most part: ch1 optional bosses would be black magic spam, ch2 bosses would be summoning spam and ch3 bosses would be reflecting ara spells. throw in some healing and turn timing, and that's really all. The appeal would purely be for final things to throw money at and for a more completionist sort of run (with out it even being complete).

I'd probably be more happy with just the other incentives for the game's debut.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-05-03 12:05:26 pm
puwexil: 2016-05-03 09:55:40 am
puwexil: 2016-05-01 03:26:51 pm
puwexil: 2016-05-01 03:26:02 pm
puwexil: 2016-05-01 03:24:14 pm
puwexil: 2016-05-01 03:23:05 pm
puwexil: 2016-04-30 11:06:25 am
puwexil: 2016-04-30 11:05:03 am
puwexil: 2016-04-29 09:11:53 pm
puwexil: 2016-04-29 08:18:54 pm
puwexil: 2016-04-29 07:15:08 pm
puwexil: 2016-04-29 07:14:08 pm
puwexil: 2016-04-29 07:04:17 pm
Here's the tentative incentives list.  Runners, please double-check accuracy of character limits and other specifics for your run; and if your run is marked 'followup' please provide the requested info ASAP.

The initial donation target is going to be $50,000 - given that several early-week incentives struggled to get met last year (and a few didn't), we started small and then gradually increased the targets.  If anyone feels that incentives were underpriced or overpriced relative to others around the same time, let us know.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
        Glitch Showcase - $100

Soul Blazer
        Character Name (8 limit)

Child of Light
        Dress Color (Normal, Light, or Dark)
        Essentia's Daughters play Igniculus - $100

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
        None

Suikoden II
        Restored Audio - $100
        Good Ending (Meet Jowy at Tenzan) - $75
        Main Character Name (8 limit)
        Army Name (8 limit)
        Castle Name (8 limit)
        Run Away at Tinto - $50

Etrian Odyssey 3
        Ending (Deep City, Armoroad, or Deep One)
        Name Characters (Gladiator, Hoplite, 2 Zodiacs, Ninja, 9 limit)

Final Fantasy X-2
        Sing 1000 Words - $100

Robotrek
        Character Name (7 limit)
        2 Robot Names (7 limit)
        Robot Colors (White, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Red, Grey, Purple, Green, Blue, Black)

Yo-Kai Watch
        Character Name (8 limit)
        4 Yo-Kai Names (Jibanyan, Komasan, Walkappa, and Venoct, 8 limit)
        Refight Final Boss using Soul Ultimate Cancel Attack Haste Glitch - $100

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
        Gummi Ship Name (9 limit)
        Lvl 1 Unknown Battle - $500

Parasite Eve
        Name Aya (8 limit)

Seiken Densetsu 3
        Storyline (Archdemon, Dark Lich, or Dragon Emperor)
        Name Characters (Kevin, Lise, Carlie/Angela, 6 limit)
        HONK while riding Booskaboo - $200

Final Fantasy
        Name Light Warriors (Fighter, 2 Red Mages, White Mage, 6 limit)
        Bare Knuckled Chaos - $300

Phantasy Star IV
        Learn Megid - $250

Quest for Glory I-V
        Glitchless QFG1EGA Run after series run- $250
        Character Name (20 limit)

Final Fantasy XIII
        Blindfolded Proudclad 1 - $500
        Fight Edentoise - $300

Shining Force II
        Name Bowie, Chester, Sarah, Jaha, Kazin, Slade, Peter, Gerhalt, Luke, Eric, Sheela and Lemon (7 limit)
        Shining Force II Musical - $250
        Push-ups - $150
        Chirrup Sandals - $100

Mega Man Battle Network 6
        Boktai Sidequest - $200

Final Fantasy V
        Name Bartz (6 limit)
        Fight Optional Gilgamesh Battles - $500
        Fight NeoExdeath - $500

Legend of Mana
        Storyline (Dragon or Faerie)
        Name Character (10 limit) - 1 team can use a male character and the other female, to help differentiate them

EarthBound
        Name Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo (5 limit)
        Name Food, Thing, Dog (6 limit)
        Name Player (24 limit)
        Get Gutsy Bat - $300

Wild Arms (Trial Version)
        Name Rudy, Jack, Cecilia (8 limit)

Disgaea 3
        Name 2 Warriors and 1 Mage Knight (All female, 17 limit)
        Final Boss Attack Animations - $200

Eternal Sonata
        Voice Language (English/Japanese)

Saturday Morning RPG
        Controller Cam - $250
        Crush or Save Ben

Drakkhen
        Name Fighter, Priestess, Scout, Magician (8 limit)
        Glitch/Oddity Showcase - $200

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
        Name Maxim (5 limit)
        Name Capsule Monster (5 limit)
        Capsule Monster Used (Blaze, Flash, Gusto, Darbi, Sully, Jelze, Zeppy - cutoff at start of run)

Ys Origin
        Feed or Starve the Roos

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
        Character Portrait (Kefka, Judge Dredd, Bowie, Ness, Alundra, Nu, DEMON CHOCOBO)
        Class Name (14 limit)
        Character Name (31 limit)

Half-Minute Hero 2: The Second Coming
        Name Yusha, Yushia, and Yuja (12 limit)
        Hero 3D Hard Mode - $300

Final Fantasy Adventure
        Name Boy and Girl (4 limit)
        Route Choice - Weapons or Magic

Final Fantasy VI
        Naming Characters (Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Celes, Setzer, Strago, Relm, Mog, and Gogo) - 6 limit
        Phantom Train Suplex - $1500
        Opera Singing by Marathon Attendees (Maria, Draco, Ralse, Ultros)
        GoodTaste vs. JerkBird Text Box Backgrounds
        Save or Kill Cid

Chrono Cross
        Naming Characters (Serge, Kid, Leena, Pierre, Glenn, Sprigg, Harle, Fargo, Marcy, 6 limit - Serge cannot be named ‘Crono’)
        Save vs. Not Save Kid (Save = do burning orphanage sidequest and use Kid for endgame)
        Good Ending - $1000
        Text Window Frame (Arnian Wood, Simple Line, Iron Plate, Shellfish, Tea for Three, Tropical Paradise, Infrared Vision, Monster's Mouth, Valencian Cloth, Our Favorite Martian)

Radiant Historia
        Bad Endings - $250 each - Simmering Fury (Marco kills everyone), Beast God's Reign (Gafka kills everyone), Ongoing Calamity (Stocke marries Raynie)

Dragon Quest III
        Name Characters (Hero, Warrior, Sage, Mage Warrior, 8 limit)

Bravely Default
        Naming Characters (Tiz, Ringabel, Agnes, Edea, 8 limit)
        Special Attacks - $500
        Normal Speed Final Boss - $750

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
        Lvl1 Critical Mode - $1000
        Fight Sephiroth at Lvl1 - $500
        Fight Terra at Lvl1 - $500
        Lvl1 Critical Mode Organization XIII Data RTA (bonus - will be added to tracker if all other KH2 incentives met and marathon isn't significantly behind schedule) - TBD (target will depend on when added to tracker, and should be $1000-2000)
All name character limits is 8 for Yo-kai Watch.
Looks good! can't wait
SD3 looks good to me.
For some reason I wasn't getting notification emails for this thread, even though I turned it on Undecided

Anyway, the Chrono Cross incentives look good.  Here is the list of possible Frames we can get during the run, there are 10 total that all take less than 30 seconds to get (this includes Monster Mouth Wink )

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17TQA4LHb-PpFGG1KFgT2ynkQMPa1bULyAcwUuZfeHBc
Character limit is 17 for Disgaea 3. It might be worth mentioning that the 3 generics are female.
Edit history:
Ghoul02: 2016-04-29 10:04:54 pm
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Just to clarify, the glitch on the final boss for Yo-Kai watch needs to be done post game, not during the run, or it would take away the best fight and make it incredibly anticlimactic. If length is an issue, the boss takes 9 min at most with the trick, but I can use another boss and it can take significantly less (3-4) Also of note, without the multiplayer incentive, I'm confident that the estimate can be dropped by 10 minutes.
Menu Faster!
For Etrian Odyssey 3 character naming

Gladiator: plays a big role in a few bosses
Hoplite: is almost always in the party as a support
Farmer 1: Insignificant
Farmer 2: Stays in the party for out of battle support and meat shielding
Zodiac 1&2: important to the run
Ninja: important to the run

So IMO gladiator, hoplite, zodiac 1&2, and ninja will be named.

Farmer 1 will not be named.

The only one I can't come to a conclusion on is Farmer 2 since she will be in the party for most of the game but does not really provide a lot of in battle support.
The best way out is always through!
I'm pretty sure there's only one appropriate character name for Soul Blazer, but it's a good donation incentive regardless.
All the things
Suikoden II clarification: "Good Ending" and "Meet Jowy at Tenzan" are the same incentive. Between the two listed values, I would opt for the higher limit ($75).
For Ancient Cave, you can name the capsule monster. 5 character limit, same as Maxim. I don't know if it was left out on purpose or by accident, but i'm pretty sure I mentioned this being a potential incentive in my original submission for the run. Unless the incentive was rejected. It's not a big deal, I just thought i'd bring that up.
Quote from Ghoul02:
Just to clarify, the glitch on the final boss for Yo-Kai watch needs to be done post game, not during the run, or it would take away the best fight and make it incredibly anticlimactic. If length is an issue, the boss takes 9 min at most with the trick, but I can use another boss and it can take significantly less (3-4) Also of note, without the multiplayer incentive, I'm confident that the estimate can be dropped by 10 minutes.

That'll be fine to do post run then, if it can fit into the 3:15 estimate.

Quote from Rosael:
So IMO gladiator, hoplite, zodiac 1&2, and ninja will be named.

Farmer 1 will not be named.

The only one I can't come to a conclusion on is Farmer 2 since she will be in the party for most of the game but does not really provide a lot of in battle support.

Since it's relatively early in the marathon and we have the ending bidwar too, let's just skip naming both farmers.

Quote from ThatsFairZack:
For Ancient Cave, you can name the capsule monster. 5 character limit, same as Maxim. I don't know if it was left out on purpose or by accident, but i'm pretty sure I mentioned this being a potential incentive in my original submission for the run. Unless the incentive was rejected. It's not a big deal, I just thought i'd bring that up.

We discussed that and decided that because of the ability to change capsule monsters at any time, having bidwars to name them too would make it too complicated.  We'll just use default capsule monster names and have the bidwar for which one you use.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
I was a little shocked to see the controller cam being one of the highest priced things with all these awesome incentives being tossed around, but Saturday Morning RPG looks good.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-04-30 04:52:01 pm
Quote from CosmykTheDolfyn:
I was a little shocked to see the controller cam being one of the highest priced things with all these awesome incentives being tossed around, but Saturday Morning RPG looks good.

That's a function of the run being fairly late in the week, and the fact that the camera could be turned on at any point during the run (and should be easy to sell once viewers see how the major speed tech is based on keyboard mashing).
Oh sorry Puwexil that was just a potential incentive. The capsule monster can be named repeatedly but we could just limit it to one time. I was just bringing up the fact that it could be changed at any time. If it has to stay out it can, but if you want more incentives, we can just have a single normal name bid for the capsule monster. It doesn't matter overall to me personally, but anything to help out the marathon and charity even if it's just a little bit would be great.
Why Hello it is Me
Quote from rizu-kun:
I'm pretty sure there's only one appropriate character name for Soul Blazer, but it's a good donation incentive regardless.

Well we're going to make it happen and if we can raise some money for it that'd be great Smiley