Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
that's interesting.  duckfist's run is godlike, but with these strat improvements i think this time is plausable (given that the strats are feasable).

on another note if anyone is curious i got an interesting (probably close to frame perfect) quick kill on the 1-1 boss without hotarubi's strat http://www.twitch.tv/jimmypoopins/c/1957020 .  basically i've been toying around with cancelling the last fire wheel with a jump slash to gain an extra hit on the boss and 20 frames, and somehow managed to get two slashes in.  also got a pb of 11:02 in the same run
Edit history:
duckfist: 2013-02-25 06:47:54 am
duckfist: 2013-02-23 06:13:14 pm
duckfist: 2013-02-23 06:11:40 pm
That run is insane.  The only new things I see are in 7-1, in the first room and the end of the third room.  I've done something similar to the end of the 3rd room in Low% and Pacifist, and it's pretty difficult to pull off.  Also, the 207 in 3-2 is ridiculous - no new strats, and he actually slows down slightly to use a shuriken in the third room.  I've never even gotten a 207 in hundreds of attempts.  After that, he nails a 208 in 3-1, which is also very difficult to do (I've only done it like 3 times).

The only mistake I saw throughout the entire run is not clipping over the wall properly in the second room of 5-1, losing him a second.  But, that is THE only mistake, and otherwise, this is practically unbeatable.  What makes me question its legitimacy is the sword climbing.  They're INCREDIBLY tight in this run.  He's managing to press left and right on nearly consecutive frames, and without messing up a single time.  It's incredible.  I thought I was good at sword climbing, but if this is somehow legit, this guy is on a completely different level and I can't even begin to comprehend it.  Additionally, a lot of his ninjutsu usage is insanely optimized, on several instances almost apparently frame-perfect, as he doesn't slow down.

Also congrats on your PBs jimmy and arcus!  Keep it coming!

edit: oh and 2-1 wtf.  I skipped over it thinking, "it's 2-1, nothing new there".  217?  And he doesn't reset?
fyi if you run the nico player, it has a list of comments.  you can change your language to japanese to see japanese comments, and then use google translate.  a few comments about cheating come up, with lots of "wwwwwwww" which basically means "lololololololol" in japanese.  i tried the boss 3 strat in 25% emulation and couldn't come close in about 20 attempts.  you have to fire wheel twice, run up to him and slash before he lands, then fire wheel 3 times and jump and slash him a last time.  i'd be interested to see if any of you guys can do it.

i do think that first boost in 7-1 is a minor improvement though.  basically instead of stopping for a second then jumping off the ledge, instead throw a ninja star and hold jump + right and when the bird hits you you'll jump onto the wall and immediately off.  i haven't tried it too much but i had been experimenting with something myself that was similar and it didn't seem too difficult.  i haven't experimented with any of the damage boosts but duckfist said they are difficult so i don't intend to pull any of them off.
I'm sorry,jimmy.I can do boss 3 strat easily in 25% emulation speed. Actually,I test it in normal speed, it can happen with enough luck.(many many tries for me)
As to its legitmacy, I agree with duckfist.
no need to apologize.  i was just curious if it was feasible to do without tas.  i'll play with it a bit more
So I guess the NG2 WR is 10:27 by alpl? Anyhow, I got a 10:37 today. There were a lot of mistakes, so I will keep trying.

I also realized that I could skip cutscenes by holding start. It won't even pause the game if I hold it too long, so it's very useful.

@Arcus,alpl's WR is far from Widely recognizing (I guess).Nice time, maybe you can get 10:26 Wink
Edit history:
jimmypoopins: 2013-02-25 10:33:17 pm
congratulations.  that is a very nice run.  wish you could make it for the sunday races.  i will race with you on saturdays at 1:00pm if you want to.  i do, though you'll kick my butt every time Smiley

edit: one thing i want to mention i found out today because of arcus's holding start to skip cutscenes.  if you hold left (or right) + a when you are doing a screen transition you'll jump off immediately.  i'm not sure if anyone knew about this but if you didn't, it is useful, particularly in 1-1, first transition in 2-2, and the transitions in 7-1.  there are probably more as well.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Insane run Arcus, might be the WR b/c that 10:27 by alpl might be TAS. We need more information but there is a pretty good chance that it is not legit. Amazing how much you have progressed in this game, I guess I will not be beating you in races any more Tongue
Very nice run, congrats!
Speedrunner
Ninja Gaiden Pacifist - 15:33

http://sv.twitch.tv/dxtrslab/c/2023988
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from dxtr:
Ninja Gaiden Pacifist - 15:33

http://sv.twitch.tv/dxtrslab/c/2023988

Way to go dxtr, very good run!! You are gonna make me do attempts at this damn category again, arghhh.

p.s. I like the part in the end when you said "I'm Ryu" lol, awesome.
Speedrunner
After looking one more time at it. I see some obvious mistakes. But that Doggyfight, I don't get a fight like that very often. Sad

But Im satisfied as hell with this run.

Now go take it back so I can go at it once more. :3
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from dxtr:
After looking one more time at it. I see some obvious mistakes. But that Doggyfight, I don't get a fight like that very often. Sad

But Im satisfied as hell with this run.

Now go take it back so I can go at it once more. :3

It might take me a while because of MTPO, but I would like to get sub 15 eventually. There are a lot of new strats, but I need to practice them.
Hi, I'm new here. I was messing around and found that you can beat the final boss without taking his head off. I did it in ten secs with only a sword. Has someone already discovered this?
Edit history:
sinister1: 2013-03-25 08:32:46 pm
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from zetologos:
Hi, I'm new here. I was messing around and found that you can beat the final boss without taking his head off. I did it in ten secs with only a sword. Has someone already discovered this?

Hello and welcome to SDA!

Yes, this is a known strat, unfortunately it is incredibly unreliable and not even the fastest strat so it is not really used.
Edit history:
hitmanatee: 2013-03-26 10:18:01 am
hitmanatee: 2013-03-26 10:17:44 am
Is there a list of best stage-times for NG1?
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-03-26 11:17:14 am
dxtr: 2013-03-26 11:16:17 am
Speedrunner
1-1 119
2-1 111
2-2 108
3-1 131
3-2 120
4-1 120
4-2 120
4-3 116
5-1 118
5-2 118
5-3 109?
6-1 131
6-2 108?
6-3 108?

This is top of my head that ive seen before. But i could be wrong, specially on the questionmarks.

Edit: AND some of them might depend on how your clockcount was on your previous stage. Sinister knows this better then me. He can explain.

Edit: Or just watch Exos run. Pretty much flawless.
Thanks for the info dxtr. These are exo's time's if anyone else is interested.

1-1: 119
2-1: 110
2-2: 107
3-1: 130
3-2: 118
4-1: 120
4-2: 119
4-3: 115
5-1: 117
5-2: 117
5-3: 108
6-1: 131
6-2: 108
6-3: 108
Edit history:
Exo: 2013-03-26 02:36:39 pm
Exo: 2013-03-26 02:34:21 pm
Sandbagging
The times depend highly on how many ms are left at the end of each stage transition.
The leftover ms get added to the next time.
e.g. If your 4-2 time is 118.50 you start 4-3 with 150.50
So using the ingame timer to check if you are doing ok is not a good idea.
To be honest you should know if you fucked up or not. You can lose a second simply to the aforementioned timer rollover.
The easiest solution for this problem is obviously to use a seperate timer like wsplit.
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-03-26 02:40:28 pm
Speedrunner
The ingame timer CAN give you an hunch on how good you are doing, but other then that -> What Exo said.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Yeah, I would not worry about game timer too much unless you are trying to beat Exo's run. Like he said you will know if you have a bad stage because errors in this game tend to cost 1 sec or more. As for the best stage times, they are mostly the ones from Exo's run minus one or two.
I've started learning this game with help from Sinister's tutorial. I'm getting a lot better at the first 4 acts, but I still need to watch the 5&6 tutorial video.  I also need A LOT of work on quickslashing, because Jaquio owns me, when I actually manage to get to him.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Caracarn:
I've started learning this game with help from Sinister's tutorial. I'm getting a lot better at the first 4 acts, but I still need to watch the 5&6 tutorial video.  I also need A LOT of work on quickslashing, because Jaquio owns me, when I actually manage to get to him.

Sweet!! Always good to see new people picking up the game. Good luck.
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-03-27 05:59:16 pm
Speedrunner
Got a 12:54 Low% earlier today. With 1 intentional death. Sad

http://www.twitch.tv/dxtrslab/c/2079606