page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Nice one dxtr! You should keep going and beat that Japanese run, I think it was 12:48??
Speedrunner
12:42 RTA timing. :(((

MAYBE i can pull it off.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from dxtr:
12:42 RTA timing. :(((

MAYBE i can pull it off.

There is no maybe about it, you can beat that, you just have to adapt some newer strats. Honestly your biggest edge is in the boss fights, but some of your stages are suboptimal and where you are losing the most time Tongue

Basically, just copy the strats from the Nico vid and do your normal boss fights. You will win.
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-04-01 03:53:32 pm
dxtr: 2013-04-01 12:57:48 pm
Speedrunner
Thank... god...

FINALLY!

Edit: 43114 at 59.940 fps is 00:11:59:17

Whatever. Sub 12. thumbsup

http://sv.twitch.tv/dxtrslab/c/2100851
Congratulations, dxtr! I know how much work that was. I'm glad to see you finally got it.
Edit history:
hitmanatee: 2013-04-02 09:28:34 am
NG1 Question. I can't tell from exo's video. How do you manipulate the bird boost on 5-1 so the bird travels a little further back like in exo's video. The bird always comes back too fast for me and I can't get the boost off.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from hitmanatee:
NG1 Question. I can't tell from exo's video. How do you manipulate the bird boost on 5-1 so the bird travels a little further back like in exo's video. The bird always comes back too fast for me and I can't get the boost off.

It is all just a positioning thing that starts with your jump from the top ledge when the bird first spawns. You then have to time your jump over the crack head correctly as well or the bird will get out of position. Also, if you have questions like this I think the older consoles NG thread is probably more appropriate.

@dxtr: Congrats on sub 12 man, you did it!! Now, if only you could learn to get that damn ninpo in 5-3 Angry
Thanks sinister1. My apologizes for putting the question in the incorrect section.
http://www.twitch.tv/jimmypoopins/c/2116525

posting because sinister said he wanted to watch one of my good runs.  i got my pb a couple days ago of 12:46, this one is 2.3 seconds worse, but it's a decent run anyways.  i randomly went for the quick kill on the last boss and got it, which was pretty funny to me since i really have never practiced it.
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-04-09 06:08:04 am
Personal text
Quote from jimmypoopins:
primal was watching (he is good luck)

I've also noticed this
Edit history:
syzn06: 2013-04-27 11:05:13 am
syzn06: 2013-04-27 11:03:40 am
syzn06: 2013-04-27 11:03:17 am
syzn06: 2013-04-27 11:02:33 am
syzn06: 2013-04-27 11:01:51 am
syzn06: 2013-04-27 11:01:40 am
syzn06: 2013-04-27 11:01:10 am
Huh,It seems that today I'm lucky to catch nico player (who own's 12:39 low%)'s publication in time.
This time Exo has at least a very closed ( equal ?) run which was completed in real nes platform.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20712287

I try to translate his comment
Actual platform (New NES) use.
The time is measured from pressing and releasing start button in the title to when the timer reaches zero after the final boss is defeated.
I tried to post a run with good time, so I do it very carefully.
There is still room to be improved because of pattern mistakes and parts of compromise.
Edit history:
Exo: 2013-04-27 12:29:59 pm
Sandbagging
Nice new strat for the 3-3 boss. That probably saves like 3+ seconds or so.
Should be easy to get the WR with that but I'm not gonna beat my run any time soon since I'm too busy with other projects now.
Good luck to Ohon. I'm sure he can get it Smiley (but I will eventually get it back again if it gets beaten :P)
Speedrunner
Its 11:51 RTA. Yours is a 11:53 RTA? right?
Sandbagging
Oh yeh I totally forgot I used sda-timing ~_~
Well then guess I have a run to put on my backlog Tongue
Speedrunner
Either way both runs rocks ass
Fun watch, but I still think this guy is bullshit.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from duckfist:
Fun watch, but I still think this guy is bullshit.

This run was for sure on console though. All his other runs I think have been on emu. He might be the real deal, but I guess we will probably never know for sure.
i watched this run & exo run side by side and nico guy seems to gain time over time without much difference between the two runs, in some sections?? exo plays on VC right, is there a known timing difference there? i didn't do any concrete test either, that's just what it looked like to me

i'd be curious if anyone did some comparisons between the two runs cuz i couldn't really tell from what i watched & from my limited knowledge which run is "better"
Quote from cyghfer:
i watched this run & exo run side by side and nico guy seems to gain time over time without much difference between the two runs, in some sections?? exo plays on VC right, is there a known timing difference there? i didn't do any concrete test either, that's just what it looked like to me

i'd be curious if anyone did some comparisons between the two runs cuz i couldn't really tell from what i watched & from my limited knowledge which run is "better"

Agree,according to mistakes of nico's run and the timer in the game, I don't think exo's run is beatened, this guy mayhe still one second behind.
Anyway, combine both runs,I think a <=11:50 RTA run is possible
Not a walrus
Does the timer/audio stay in sync?
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-04-28 03:39:57 am
Speedrunner
Biggest time savers that i saw was. Quickkill on Stage 3 boss and better ladderjumping.

And a 112 on Stage 2-1. O... M... G!

Edit: And using the ingame timer as a comparison is not accurate. Since the clock can differ depending on how your previous stage went.
Edit history:
syzn06: 2013-04-28 03:51:58 am
Quote from dxtr:
Biggest time savers that i saw was. Quickkill on Stage 3 boss and better ladderjumping.

And a 112 on Stage 2-1. O... M... G!

Edit: And using the ingame timer as a comparison is not accurate. Since the clock can differ depending on how your previous stage went.

I know,but I still feel a bit speed difference between them.
Exo's final boss fight is ahead of nico run about 2-2.5 second, I can't believe the nico run can be ahead of 4 second or more before the final boss fight.,because of its tiny mistakes and slow-down part for safety.
Speedrunner
I dont know. I think it's legit. We have the start on 5-1 that save a bit of time. I could name a few others too i.

But indeed, 2 seconds faster than exo is pretty sick.
Edit history:
Exo: 2013-04-28 05:40:25 am
Exo: 2013-04-28 05:39:41 am
Exo: 2013-04-28 05:35:22 am
Sandbagging
Yeh his ladderjumps are pretty much frame-perfect. Once I get back to this I'll have some practicing to do to get it to tas-level.
I think it's still gonna be pretty beatable if he sticks with these safe strats.
It's nice that somebody else is finding new strats for the game though :3
Speedrunner
Safe strats? HAH!