Sad
<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
What dballin said, I'm keeping estimates high to account for setup and prizes (which remain tbd).
Fucking Weeaboo
Well, any% should only take 25 minutes, barring major screwups.  Though I do need to figure out how to make the runs comparible, since Rondo has cutscenes (that aren't skippable) and DXC's are skippable.
Edit history:
Satoryu: 2010-10-24 10:12:54 pm
Satoryu: 2010-10-24 06:58:49 pm
Satoryu: 2010-10-24 06:28:09 pm
Visually Appealing
DXC's slower speed evens it out.

Scratch that. While Maria is faster in Rondo, there are times where DXC is faster during gameplay, like being able to skip boss intros. So the real problem is the cutscenes. If you let the cutscenes go, you have a disadvantage. If you play on a complete file to get rid of your cutscenes, you have the advantage. If I let mine play, you have an even bigger advantage.

If you want to get funny, Maria's ending never changes in Rondo. So you could say Rondo any% gets the best ending, and our times would be comparable if I did DXC best ending.

I don't think we'd want to use that logic though. So maybe we should just do a DXC best ending race.
Fucking Weeaboo
Yeah, I was thinking about that too and was going to do some testing, but hadn't gotten around to it.  DXC it is then.
How about a donation war for which version you guys play?
Visually Appealing
Idunno. I'd rather concentrate on practicing the one version. And I'm not comfortable bringing my Wii.

People could definitely donate for our savefile names, though.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from Satoryu:
People could definitely donate for our savefile names, though.

Yeah, I'd go for VG's to be named "IMAMYTH", not sure what I'd gun for on Sat's.
Visually Appealing
But that one's not fun. We need fun suggestions, like BigGayAl.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-10-29 12:18:11 am
Kareshi told me he couldn't do his games in the Friday morning slot because he can only be at the marathon from Friday 10am to Saturday 9pm. Sad

While I was rearranging his games, I decided to make some other changes to the schedule.

-Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now the opener.
-due to the above, Katamari is now right before Moonwalker, for a small wtf hour.
-To make sure schedule wouldn't shift too much from moving Katamari, Splinter Cell is grouped with the MGS games (which is something that I always wanted to do, but couldn't because it would have pushed things too far back previously)
-Ghosts 'n Goblins and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts changed to post-Castlevania timeslot. I asked Kareshi about his late night time, and he said, "I'm honored to follow SOTN."
-Morrowind is now after Actraiser (sorry lag, you'll have to get up early)

This new schedule has the unintended side effect of putting Castlevania well before the 4-H Center curfew, which is good news for pianovania.

P.S. Batman (NES version) might be added to the schedule because Lykaios might come to the marathon (which is fine as long as if he pays). If it is added, then I would probably put it in nes time (should probably change the name to nes assault, heh). Don't worry about the game screwing up the schedule, it would only shift the schedule by 15 minutes, or 18 if I'm feeling super conservative with the estimate.
Updated the schedule again. All I did was add Batman because Lykaios confirmed he was coming and I added some time for Streets of Rage 2 Mania, there really aren't any changes aside from that.

BTW, about Morrowind, I was thinking it could also be fit between Castlevania series and Ghouls 'n Ghosts, or right before FF4. Thoughts?
Schedule updated. All of the changes are very minor and should have little to no effect for all but 2 or 3 people.

-Link's Awakening now put in front of alttp, because Breakdown wanted a slight break in between runs.
-Mario Kart and Blast Corps switched, because PEACHES_ wants a little more sleep before he has to make a 19 hour drive back to Wisconsin.
-Lykaios can't come in until the 7th or 8th, so Batman has been moved in between River City Ransom and Double Dragon
gamelogs.org
just wanted to let you know that there is a very small chance i won't be able to make it to the marathon thursday, friday, and monday morning-afternoon depending on what my job situation at the time is like. this almost certainly won't be the case but if it is i'll need to run uncharted 2 at some other time besides monday morning.
Ark: If that happens, I can probably switch KH2 and uncharted 2 placement.
Edit history:
Axel Ryman: 2010-11-09 07:21:53 pm
Axel Ryman: 2010-11-09 07:21:48 pm
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Quote from mikwuyma:
Ark: If that happens, I can probably switch KH2 and uncharted 2 placement.

Just here to say that I'm cool with it if need be. Smiley
gamelogs.org
ok cool, thanks. like i said, probably won't happen though.
Schedule updated yet again. Not much except for...

(in the voice of the Super Meat Boy title screen) SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MONKEY BAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL

That's right, Cosmo is going to play through expert mode. He says he can usually finish in 15ish minutes, so I'm giving him a generous time estimate of 20 minutes.

Also Cody Miller wanted 15 extra minutes for MGS 2, just in case if something goes wrong during his run.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Mike, for Contra and Super C, could you add weapons or no weapons based on donations?

Also, disregard what I told you last night. Things WILL be under control when the time comes.
spread the dirt to the populace
you know whats great about this schedule?  you stuck a lot of the newer games in graveyard shifts

the only game i care about that i could see myself missing is actraiser.  someone please wake me up for that and i'll sleep through the next couple games.  thanks!
Is PJ
Someone wake me up for Actraiser also please!
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from PJ:

No.  In fact, I'll make sure you're drugged with Ambien before the time comes. Smiley
Is PJ
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from PJ:

No.  In fact, I'll make sure you're drugged with Ambien before the time comes. Smiley

Haha.  Sounds like a plan.
#Casual
Hmm, Sunday is the culprit.  Are we sure we want Super Mario 64 at 2 am Huh?
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from tjp7154:
Hmm, Sunday is the culprit.  Are we sure we want Super Mario 64 at 2 am Huh?

Yes, this is a great time slot for Europe...
Formerly known as Skullboy
As I did after the last marathon, I'll watch what I slept through. I'll only miss (in theory) 6 to 8 hours a day of the marathon due to sleep and 2 to 3 more on the Sunday morning portion.  Regardless of what's being played when, I'm looking forward to this.
#Casual
Good thinking, ZenicReverie!  We should give the other parts of the world some love!