Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
more keys then pablo escobar
yeah. first time i jumped over the railing after running into it pressing buttons for awhile.
Edit history:
X: 2008-06-17 11:09:18 am
destroy them with lazers
Quote:

On "...Final Interview", knife the lawyer and hop out the window behind him. No wanted stars, no going back through building, no worries.

Theres also a really fast car parked outside if you jump out the right window.
Edit history:
Insetik 47: 2008-06-17 03:05:14 pm
One more obvious thing, but on 'Shadow', as soon as you arrive at the dealers house, run for him. He'll start taking off toward the apartment, but will run at your 'jog', so just jog after him, don't stray behind too far, and you'll speed up the trip to the apartment and top floor of it.

Someone should research and see what calling for backup using a police car for the epic shootout missions can do, I'm not thinking of a mission where getting police backup could have a noticeable time shave.

FInally, can someone show me where the buildings are for the missions where you get on top of them, like 'Ivan...", "Early Checkout" (I think that's the name) and the one where you shoot the guys TV out, I think for Francis? I'm looking at ways to get off those buildings quick, without having to use a slow fire escape or something. I got my 'invincibble roll' trick to work quite well, and found a way to not take any damage from a fall, as long as certain conditions are met. DOn't get your hopes up: This trick is very limited, but I want to see if it could work for missions where you're 'stranded' on the roof of a building at the end.

I love helping runs during the running stage instead of just being a bystander of the end result. I showed CannibalK9 the hidden NRG in San Andreas, and felt good when he used it.

One big edit for my bigger post above: Derrick's grave site is quite a bit further away than Francis'. If Francis' ability doesn't work on any story missions, and he's useless, kill him. The drive in Undertaker will be shorter and faster.
Time to Kick Ass and Chew Bumble Gum
well boys and girls. I decided to give a go but i didnt record it since i dont the program to record it. So i record the last level with a camera. Enjoy. I cant wait for the pc version because this will be improve aiming. Just like gta sa.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/230868.html
King Laskdjf
Why not post this in the GTA IV topic?
You can take a taxi during the Concrete Jungle mission so it may be faster to just drive back home after doing Jamaican Heat and go do Vlad's first mission. I think you have to get in his car first before you can get into the back of the taxi but I haven't tried it yet.
King Laskdjf
I said to do Vlad's first mission anyway as it brings you back to outside your safe house, plus it skips a half hour wait for the phone call for his next mission.
Quote from adzicents:
I said to do Vlad's first mission anyway as it brings you back to outside your safe house, plus it skips a half hour wait for the phone call for his next mission.

The thing is you can't use the taxis until you do Vlad's mission. I was suggesting do this mission before Concrete Jungle as you will be able use taxis while on that mission where otherwise you would have to drive.
I love SDA!
So I got a quick question, I'm working on this speed run and I'm practicing going through, but I got a question for you guys. On the mission The Master and the Molotov (Dimitri gives it) what do you guys think is the best/fastest way to beat it? Because I've been incapible of just running through after Faustin. So do you guys think I should get some armor some time before the mission, kill the guys, or just keep hoping for the best of luck?
Quote from Atroz:
So I got a quick question, I'm working on this speed run and I'm practicing going through, but I got a question for you guys. On the mission The Master and the Molotov (Dimitri gives it) what do you guys think is the best/fastest way to beat it? Because I've been incapible of just running through after Faustin. So do you guys think I should get some armor some time before the mission, kill the guys, or just keep hoping for the best of luck?

Basically the best way I find to beat it. Have a shotgun for the mission. Right as the shooting starts shoot the 2 guys closest to you with the shotgun. Then run after Faustin till his cutscene triggers. Shoot the guys closest to you and run through the door towards the outside. Just run past everyone else till you get outside and shoot anyone out there and head towards the roof and just kill him there. If your fast enough you can even shoot him before he reaches the stairs.

If you need armor there is armor on the north side of the club right next to a dumpster. It appears when you accept the quest.

Try shooting the main target before they reach the final destination in missions like Ivan the Not so Terrible. You can shoot him as he runs across roofs. I have tried to shoot him as he climbs the stairs with a shotgun but I always seem to be a little to slow to hit him with a good shot to take him out.

Remember you don't always have to do the missions exactly how it tells you. EX: You may need to chase someone but can skip it altogether by shooting the target before the chase, or before triggering a cutscene that triggers a chase..
Edit history:
Atroz: 2008-06-18 07:41:38 pm
I love SDA!
Quick Question: What would be faster working with Dimitri or killing him?

EDIT: Another Quick Question: What's the deal with taxi's are they allowed, not allowed, different category than non-taxi? Because I'm practicing my speed run and using taxi's seems so cheap because how fast it is lol.

EDIT2: Since so many people have wrote there times, I figure I would too. First 8 missions done in 28 mins. (Some time consuming mess up's too). Bohan Safehouse 1:31:30. (23 Missions)(Good bit of mess up's). So what do you guys think so far? Think I got a half way decent time going?    Auto-save Off.
I love default messages!
This is just my opinion, but I think a run without taxis isn't really a run at all. I mean, this is a speedrun, so using taxis seems pretty much necessary so long as you can maintain the money to use them (shouldn't be hard).
I'm the guy who complains yet never submits XD
It's only about $40 max for taxi's and the money in this game is a bit like gta3, over the top on wages.
more keys then pablo escobar
are you kidding? the loot you get for hits is rather funny? im sure paying for murder and a peon driving an explosive truck that goes 5 miles an hour would come in pricey. 
Edit history:
Insetik 47: 2008-06-19 10:20:04 am
The most you'd ever have to pay for a taxi ride plus skip is like 60 dollars, Do a few missions and find your own weapons and you're fine. Sure, the beginning missions only pay like 200 dollars each, but you don't have to taxi around that far when in Broker.

EDIT: Hayatt already came to the rescue, whatever.
Edit history:
Atroz: 2008-06-18 11:40:25 pm
I love SDA!
Ya it's extremely easy to have the money for the taxi's considering the first time you are allowed to use one is the 1st Vlad mission, which is the 9th mission. So you should have a decent bit of money by then, and also you start getting missions later on that give you thousands. So having money for cabs is no problem.

Side Note: I suck at making Segments, I think I would do better at doing a SS. I have 4 Segments with a total play time of 3 hours. :D. 1st Segment is 28-30 mins. Segment 2 is 1 hour. Segment 3 20 mins. Segment 4 1hr 10 mins. Should I try to make better segments or doing it SS or what?
King Laskdjf
Do a SS. Segments shouldn't be 1 hour long in any game. You seem to have the endurance to do a Single Segment anyway.
Edit history:
Insetik 47: 2008-06-19 10:42:39 am
Quote from Atroz:
Should I try to make better segments or doing it SS or what?

Someone say SS? *gulp*

It's not that some missions are hard- it's that some screw you over bad. If you really want to do an 8 hour SS run with no/few mission fails, that's fine by me, you're not me, but it may be better to just work on segmenting a bit better. True, the missions in the beginning are piss-easy, but along the way there are quite a few points where saving would be like a 'refresher'. In your 40-minute segments, do you ever seem to notice a point where your playing dips in quality, you start going slower, getting hurt more, etc? Maybe you should save there. SOme missions are pretty tough, and it's okay to change a segment for a certain mission. CannibalK9 had a few 30 minute segments for SA, but most were 10-20 minute, 6-or-so mission segments. Vertical Bird had its own segment.

So, if you're leaning toward a segmented run, find the missions that are more challenging, that you think you'd mess up if it were at the end of a long segment, and find your 'perfect' chain of missions for a given segment; If you're segmenting, you don't want to fail any. And I'm guessing failing, but reverting  with the autosave is out: it just looks cheap and makes you look sloppy. Obviously, finishing a mission, then straight autosave-loading into a safehouse closer to the next mission might be a fast way to get around.

Atroz: 2008-06-19 06:16:59 pm
I love SDA!
Thanks for all the pointers on making segments, but I'm still not quite sure if I'm going to do a SS or segmented. I know I could pull off a SS and when it comes to making segments I just seem to keep playing mission after mission with no problem and then just saving because I feel like I'm making too long of a segment.
Wasn't the old Phantasy Star Online run 4 segments in 3 1/2 hours? If the level of play is very good through the whole segment, then keep it that long. If it's good enough to pass verification that bar is high enough that the run should stand. If it gets beaten by a more optimal run in more segments, at least you set a good precedent.

But don't just record one segment and be done for that part of the game. Keep trying to find stuff that improves the time.

Here, here is my tutorial on the fall glitch, this is only one way to do it: others include actually 'falling down' off a building, and the one I thing might be most useful; get Molotovs, then setting yourself on fire so you fall off the building. SHit, I'll link both.

Insetik's roll version

FatherAcid's Fire damage cancel version (Need more health but works in more places)

Since I still can't remember where the buildings for the "Early/Late Checkout" mission and the one where you shoot the guy's TV out to get him to the window are, you'll just have to get to those missions in practice attempts and improvise with them. I'd actually reccomend FatherAcid's version, but you need like 50% health and armor.
I love SDA!
Two nice glitches right there Insetik. I'm going to have to find the location of all the spots where your up high and see if I can find ways to use either of those. Of course I would prefer yours due to the lack of damage I would take from Molotov's and actually having to have Molotov's. Trust me I am trying to find as much stuff as I can to improve my time. Hence why I was able to get the first 8 missions done in 28 minutes. I kept practicing them over and over. Currently I'm going through just doing the missions and going back later on looking for stuff that can help me. If I keep working at the pace I am, I should have this run up in no time Cheesy I can't wait lol.
Wow, I can't wait to see a speedrun on IV. Every time I play I ask myself how this could be done in a speedrun...!

Btw, it's one hell of a game, I freaking love it!
Haven't read the entire thread.. not sure if it's been mentioned but I parked a helicopter right outside my apartment in the car space it saved ok, which surprised me. Sped up the missions for Packie where you need to transport people no end. Can't use a taxi for those.
Don't know if somebody mentioned it before, but a  friend told me that the mission "Have a heart" can be solved in 2 different ways. The first way is to drive the car with the bodies from bohan to the doctor in dukes. The second is to crash the car so the trunks opens, then get police attention, after that you just have to destroy the car.

I don't know if it really works (to lazy to start the game again now), but the second method is probably faster since you could destroy the car in front of the starting-spot for the next mission
Quote from Stu Rodriguez:
Don't know if somebody mentioned it before, but a  friend told me that the mission "Have a heart" can be solved in 2 different ways. The first way is to drive the car with the bodies from bohan to the doctor in dukes. The second is to crash the car so the trunks opens, then get police attention, after that you just have to destroy the car.

I don't know if it really works (to lazy to start the game again now), but the second method is probably faster since you could destroy the car in front of the starting-spot for the next mission

The best way to do the mission. Drive far enough away from Elizabethas and then just blow up the vehicle.

Done and Done. Smiley