Willing to teach you the impossible
Rough final time?
Edit history:
sinister1: 2012-02-12 10:00:32 pm
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Heidrage:
Rough final time?

11:09, but we are considering shooting for sub 11 as it is theoretically possible. We have to get it by the end of this month though or the 11:09 is getting submitted.

How is your 1p run progressing?
I think I am on par for sub 12 but luck in later lvls prevent me from getting anything faster than just over 13.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Heidrage:
I think I am on par for sub 12 but luck in later lvls prevent me from getting anything faster than just over 13.

It is all about 7, 8 and 9. I had inf sick runs after mission 6 that got destroyed by that gauntlet. You will get better at dealing with the different luck and making adjustments as you play more. I am interested to see you stream some attempts now that you are closing in on sub 12.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-02-19 06:25:02 pm
This game is too much of a "FUCK YOU!!" for me, I'm out

Edit: password changed, leaving for comic relief
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Heidrage:
This game is too much of a "FUCK YOU!!" for me, I'm out

Wait, what?

How could this game be more frustrating than low % Super C?
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Obviously someone hacked his account and posted that...
Edit history:
jprophet22: 2012-02-19 06:35:04 pm
jprophet22: 2012-02-19 02:35:48 pm
This world is all we have,cherish it
Submit the 11:09 sinister, we wont be getting sub 11.           
Sweet run, cant wait to verify it Wink

Also, thanks for the few new ideas for half second gains!!!! WOOT
http://www.twitch.tv/heidrage/c/45997
New personal best 12:28
This world is all we have,cherish it
Quote from Heidrage:

Progress! I like your screen scroll strat for lvl1 Burnov. I guess you were just blowing smoke in that post before Tongue
^  Knew he was hacked...
12:02
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Heidrage:

good stuff man, you are really improving a lot. That pretty much tied my first submission. You are getting to the point where you really need to get very consistent on the last boss. If you have a game genie there is stage select for that and you can just keep fighting him. I would say use an emulator but the knee timing is a few frames different and it will drive you crazy if you try and go back and forth between emu and console (trust me I did it).
This game just drives you crazy by running it in the first place.  Tongue  I remember spots of knee consistency followed by runs where I couldn't even do it in the first level.  Frustrating indeed, but keep it up Heid.  I'm interested to see where this goes...

I know I didn't add much, but my work actually updated Internet Explorer so I can FINALLY post during the day again...
The Dork Knight himself.
Just watched sinister destroy the game on SGDQ (had to go with archived footage, was at work during the run)..................fucking wow is all I can say. I can't even imagine how long the planning was for that (on top of the execution practice).

One thing I noticed, and it's also present on the current SDA runs: on stage 5 the slower method to line up for the river crossing is used. When moving at an angle, it's best to use the scenery to push you. In this case, just holding up and letting the wall push you to the right is faster than holding U+R.

I've been goofing off with this game, and hopefully I'll get my PB under 15 mins sometime soon (maybe good enough to race too).

Attachment:
Hay, stop playing the same games as me. You are going to make me start playing games I know no ones else WANTS to play.
The Dork Knight himself.
And you know I'll still play it Smiley
The Dork Knight himself.
..........................??????????????

Attachment:
Lol, I remember that happening to me once.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from honorableJay:
Just watched sinister destroy the game on SGDQ (had to go with archived footage, was at work during the run)..................fucking wow is all I can say. I can't even imagine how long the planning was for that (on top of the execution practice).

One thing I noticed, and it's also present on the current SDA runs: on stage 5 the slower method to line up for the river crossing is used. When moving at an angle, it's best to use the scenery to push you. In this case, just holding up and letting the wall push you to the right is faster than holding U+R.

I've been goofing off with this game, and hopefully I'll get my PB under 15 mins sometime soon (maybe good enough to race too).

Yeah I have always had problems going up that wall fast for some reason. Will work on it.

Also, lol at that vid you posted, I remember heidrage showing me that too. I have never had it happen somehow.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-07-31 04:00:33 pm
Really? It happens to me enough... Once is enough,
The Dork Knight himself.
Well getting the Ahnold to spawn down there is from trying to scroll the screen down to it's lowest point. If he spawns on the right frame he'll be in the pit.

Btw, are there any newer strats you know of that didn't make it into the current run? Any areas that can be improved with better strats?
perfect knee timing.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from honorableJay:
Well getting the Ahnold to spawn down there is from trying to scroll the screen down to it's lowest point. If he spawns on the right frame he'll be in the pit.

Btw, are there any newer strats you know of that didn't make it into the current run? Any areas that can be improved with better strats?

There are definitely areas to improve. The biggest are probably 6 and 7 if memory serves. I know that there are a bunch of little things that Heidman found when he was running this.

I got a new 2p alone % WR of 14:46. Figured now that the marathon is over I can share the vids on my TwitchTV.