Smiley
Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
And I can help with some techincal stuff, if my runs need to be cut, I'm in Montreal quite a bit. But is it still happening.

P.S. Congrats on your WR Bismuth! Cheesy
Learning to Stream
Unfortunately the wait time for any actual legit information has essentially killed my hopes of going. Unfortunately bills and other things have arisen as higher priority.

Unless this occurs later in the year... like End of Summer / Fall... then maybe... x.x;;
Edit history:
jmgoodog11: 2014-01-15 09:58:00 pm
jmgoodog11: 2014-01-15 09:57:37 pm
jmgoodog11: 2014-01-15 09:55:26 pm
jmgoodog11: 2014-01-15 09:55:18 pm
jmgoodog11: 2014-01-15 09:55:16 pm
CodGhost TDM I was Rank 6 on XBONE
So a little bit about me I'm a gamer I'm 21 I started playing Nes when I was 4 years old, I'm not a speed runner but I'm a hardcore Pro gamer.
Games like Call of duty
I hit 10th prestige in these games quick! took me 47 days to get 10th in Call of duty ghost. was rank 6th in the world on Team death match leaderboards for xbox one.

you can check out my YouTube, I have over 250 videos online with commentary
www.youtube.com/user/JMGoodog11

gears of war
Final fantasy 8
Zelda master quest
Zelda wind waker have not played this game since back when I beat it,
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 2
World of Warcraft
Diablo 3
Hearth stone
League of legends
I could play any mmo 12+ hours stright

I could come to this event do I just find my way their? If it's in Ottawa I can get a drive their. just tell me when and where, I should be able to come.

I have Equipment, I can bring
Asus Gaming monitor
Blue yeti pro microphone
Xbox360 + 2 Controllers, Games
Snes with 2 Controllers + games
For Any one to use. but I would like ALL my Equipment & games returned back to me after the event is over, I can also help Setup Systems for runs, or what not.

Not sure what games I can play,
I have played

GameCube
I don't have system or games.
Zelda Windwaker

N64 games
I don't have a system or games,
Zelda master quest? Normal run prob a 9H+ run no breaks?

Snes games I could Bring for others to play.
I will bring my system & games
Donkey Kong I have
Donkey Kong 2 I have
Donkey Kong 3 I don't have
Batman forever co-op play?
Mortal Kombat 2 tournament?
Killer instinct tournament?
Street fight 1 or 2 tournament ?

Xbox360 games
I will Bring my System and 2 Controllers. Would need 2 extra Controllers for 4 player co-op if any one is down For Co-op games
Since I don't speed run games or do glitching,
I could do runs of these games
Max Payne 3 for xbox360
Left 4 dead 1 & 2 4 player co-op campaign? Would need 3 others who want to play.
Any Call of duty Campaign run I own all Call of duty's,
Gears of war 2 or 3 Campaign run.
Xbox360 Soul Caliber IV tournament would be cool.
I will bring all these games with me+ system and a TV to Play it on.

I own a xbox one but I don't think, I will be bring it.

PC games
Would need to use a PC with steam to play it on.
If I'm not totally burnt out.
Final Fantasy 8 PC Run on Steam I will bring my Own Mouse.
Edit history:
no1dead: 2014-01-15 10:05:46 pm
I should be able to help with the technical stuff and the setups if needed, cause I'm in the York Region.

But lets just findout where we are going to be doing this, so everything is more clear.

Consoles I can bring:

Genesis
- 2 controllers
- Sonic 1 and 2
- Jurrasic Park Rampage Edition
- Desert Strike: Return To The Gulf
Learning to Stream
Unfortunately the wait time for any actual legit information has essentially killed my hopes of going. Unfortunately bills and other things have arisen as higher priority.

Unless this occurs later in the year... like End of Summer / Fall... then maybe... x.x;;
matrixspeedruns.com
I'm wondering if this is still happening? I'm pretty Hyped up for it and I hope this can become a thing - Would love to hear some news about the event!

Also, I f you need technical help with literally ANYTHING - Travel, Accommodations, Wiring, Set-up, anything. I can definitely be there and put in some volunteer work for you guys as well as the runs that I can possibly do. I can be there for at least 50 of the 60 hours if it's going to end up being that long, I wouldn't mind helping you set this all up, I'm literally a stones throw away from Ottawa and I'll have no problem getting there.
Quote from ValiantNorth:
I'm wondering if this is still happening?

I want to know this also is this happening still?
Speedrunning noob
Even though I don't have it recorded (yet), if you need to fill around 2.5-3 hours and someone has a 3ds with a capture card and is willing to let me use it (unless I do get one before then which isn't likely depending on when it actually happens) I would gladly come down and run Castlevania: Mirror of Fate. Taking a few days off work would probably be easy as long as I know ahead of time.
So I'm guessing this isn't happening anymore?
Someone really needs to take this on seriously and start organizing if they want it to take off.
Hey there everyone. Sorry if we're making you wait.

This is definitely not dead. We've been working on it and trying to make everything clear before lauching the whole marathon.
We've been pretty busy lifewise as well, but we're definitely not forgetting this!
Please be patient and we'll come back with infos about everything, stay tuned Smiley
Do you accept very low experienced canadian speedrunners as well? I'm in Gatineau and maybe I could show up. I say very low experienced Speedrunner because I only did 2 speedruns in my life lol.
Learning to Stream
Quote from MorKs:
Hey there everyone. Sorry if we're making you wait.

This is definitely not dead. We've been working on it and trying to make everything clear before lauching the whole marathon.
We've been pretty busy lifewise as well, but we're definitely not forgetting this!
Please be patient and we'll come back with infos about everything, stay tuned Smiley

Thanks for the update. I think the date needs to be removed from the thread topic unless you can magically get it all to come together so quick... but even then. I feel leaving it at the discussion aspect works best until more time can be dedicated to figure how to make this work and then focus on a date after that.

If I even had the faintest clue, I'd suggest it being held in Winnipeg [centralized] and trying to help make the magic happen. But then again I also know I'd go mental with the kind of planning.
If this still happens can it be moved into the summer? As March and April are exam and crunch time for many students and even for people who work it might be better (okay that part I obviously can't say is 100% true). Also if we are still suggesting locations how about Niagara Falls? Closer to the border so our American buddies can tag along as well plus there isn't a shortage of hotels in the area there.
aka theenglishman
^ I concur with the move upward.  Not to mention I'm still undergoing physiotherapy for my arm pain, and I won't be fully healthy for a few months yet.
I will talk to Bismuth as soon as possible to clarify everything about the date and location. It will most likely be reported later on, of course.
Worthless categories WR master
Sorry for being quiet for such a long time, but I believe the marathon might be online after all. A physical marathon might happen next year but for this year I believe online might be the way to go.
Is it too late to get in on this? I can run Magrunner, since it was cut from SGDQ Tongue Around an hour run.
Seeing as there was interest in an (east/central) Canadian speed running marathon I thought I could share my two cents regarding timing and location for a physical event. A brief glance of the forum indicates there are three major marathons in the upcoming months: C4L (April 29-May 4), SGDQ (June 22-29) and ESA (July 15-21). The timing of CGDR could possibly fall in either May or August without diverting attention away from another marathon, my personal preference is the latter to allow for adequate organization of the event. With regards to location it seems that there were several runners in the Ontario and Quebec area, I offer three possible locations: Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto. These cities all offer plenty of attractions for Canadian and international tourists who want to do something preceding, following or during the marathon. I would have to recommend Toronto because of its ease of access to airports and proximity to the border (for Americans wanting to border hop). Considering it is the summer universities will not be as packed (excluding students taking summer courses) offering the possibility of booking a venue at a university rather than a hotel, dorms being offered for sleeping accommodations.
Edit history:
Tinglenator: 2014-07-20 11:40:44 pm
Tinglenator: 2014-07-20 11:40:31 pm
Tinglenator: 2014-07-20 11:40:31 pm
I am posting and reviving this topic from death to find those of you who are still interested in doing this.  I truly do wish to get this started and get the Canadian speed runners to join in.  I do have to say that I think the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is probably our best bet considering that the Toronto Pearson Airport is there and it's fairly easy access regardless of where we do it and at what point.  Now with that being said, to do this we definitly need a fairly large group of runners as well as staff to make sure everything goes smoothly. 

Open for idea's and suggestion on where it should take place as well who is interested in doing runs/staffing. 

Don't forget any feedback is helpful, I don't want this die and I do want it to be a more in person type deal, as most online marathons at times do work but can have much more technical issues.
I am most definitely interested. I live in Toronto and know two hobby/game stores with the space and set up to host a live marathon. (A&C Games and Meeplemart). With a time frame to work with, I can talk to those stores and see what the deal is.
I was going to suggest someone get in touch with DTysonator, knowing that he has a live setup in his store. Of course, the downside there is space. I don't know exactly how big it is back there, but I get the sense it's small. Plus we can't all just... crash in there. Still have to think about somewhere offsite to stay.

Meeplemart has quite a bit more room, but I'd imagine lodging would still have to be offsite (and I don't know who the owners there are).

That said, I'm interested in helping however I can.
If it was in Toronto I'd definitely be in. Really hope something comes out of this!
Insanity Prelude
Just tagging this again for later viewing. I live near Toronto so if someone steps up to plate and gets something going, I'll be down.
Yeah, I know one of the employees there who runs the Magic: The Gathering events (since I play it as well) and I'll ask him to talk to the owners about a marathon.