Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I live in Alberta, I'd totally be down for this. Smiley
Being from New-Brunswick, it might be a little tricky to get there, would love to make it though.
There is always a way.
I haven't seen any updates in a while. Any news on dates/locations or getting a games topic up?
Worthless categories WR master
Still waiting on a confirmation for dates. I could start a games thread but I'm not sure what good it would do considering the dates are not final and people would have to be sure they can make it before posting in a games thread. I'm sorry for the delays but it's not in my hands right now.
There is always a way.
Alright, just wondering anyway. =)
Edit history:
NOUFozzy: 2013-09-09 03:00:02 am
I would be interested in running a game...I don't know if I would be able to travel to Ontario though, as I live in Quebec City and I've never really travelled on my own x.x I guess I could always find a way to attend to it. By then I should be done learning Four Swords Adventures (a Zelda), so I could run that. Not co-op, unfortunately.

I'm hoping for some date updates though, because according to my school's calendar, my spring break starts on March 10, while your marathon would probably end on March 10 :S

EDIT: Since March 10 is a monday, my break actually starts on the 8th of the month. Still would love to attend more to encourage the runners.
NOUFozzy : PM me, I'll add you on the Speedrun Quebec group on facebook.
I'm a Portal 1 speedrunner from Ontario. I'll be able to attend if I can get a ride there. Another Portal speedrunner, Norferzlo, might drive us both down if he can.
So many people are interested I might have to cut games D:

What might happen is this: once I get more "set in stone" information about the dates, I will make a Games/schedule thread in which everyone who knows with enough certainty that they can be present at the dates of the marathon will post their games. That is why I don't want to do it just now, I want people to know if they can make it so the dates need to be fixed. I will then start making a schedule, and there will probably be much more run time than we will have available (keep in mind it is going to last somewhere around 48 to 60 hours, not 150 like AGDQ). What I'll do from there is that I will set runs as backup, so if it turns out people can't make it to the marathon, I can just replace their runs with backups from people who are already running something at the marathon.

Example: you suggest game 1 for 1:15:00, game 2 for 45:00, game 3 for 1:00:00. Games 2 and 3 go through and you're on the schedule, I will take game 1 as a backup. Now if someone was about to run game 4 for 30:00 and game 5 for 1:15:00, then I'll replace game 5 by game 1 and game 4 will go to someone else. In the end you might get to run all your games at the marathon.
I have made an AB SpeedRunning Group on Facebook for anyone interested, im looking to discover who runs in AB. I didnt know where to post this on SDA so i posted here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ABSpeedRunning/ if anyone could tell me where this would be appropriate to post plz let me know
I'd LOVE to come to this and run Super Monkey Ball, if at all possible! I hope I'm not to late.
I'm not 100% yet, depends on dates. But I'd be interested in attending if you have room for me. I'm from Alberta and actively run Duke Nukem 3D. I'm routing Shadow Warrior Classic and thinking of picking up a longer game as well. I know nothing is set in stone or anything, but just to give you an idea of a few other games that may be possible to showcase at the event.
I'm pretty sure I can make it. I would be doing a speedrun of Portal 1 Inbounds (or No OoB, if you prefer). It would take like 20 minutes at the most, likely closer to around 15 minutes if nothing goes too horribly wrong.
Hey I run portal would do OoB and/or race blizik in inbounds OoB is about 12 minutes on a bad run and inbounds is about 16 I'd say (haven't figured out a ride yet but shouldn't be a problem)
Edit history:
ValiantNorth: 2013-11-27 07:20:57 pm
matrixspeedruns.com
I would love to do this. I live in Gatineau, just outside of Ottawa - So making it there will be a breeze. I can run Fable: The Lost Chapter, Enter the Matrix, and Dust: AET. These games are all for the PC. Fable: TLC is a 2 Hour run, Enter the Matrix is a 1 Hour run, and Dust is a 20 Minute run. If something suites the schedule better please notify me.

If possible I would like to know if there are any slots remaining. I would love to make it for this seeing as I am very close to the event location. If there is any news on this please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance!
Edit history:
iamradiox: 2013-12-06 09:36:20 am
I'd be very interested in doing this. I'm from Quebec City and will travel there. I can run Ocarina of Time (Any%, just started No RBA/WW but I'm improving every day), Super Mario Bros. (Any% with Warps Glitchless), Super Mario World (although I'm far from being the best at it) and Wario Land II Any%.

If I can make it, I would most likely have spots in my car for people who would need it.

(Just a quick thought: the marathon title could be misinterpreted as us playing Canadian games, which isn't what it is about really Tongue )
aka theenglishman
Any updates about the scheduling?
I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking we'd have known more about CGDR a month ago or so already.
Edit history:
wookiex: 2013-12-24 03:18:05 pm
Speedrunning noob
Cool! I just learned about this. Shoutouts to my fellow Montreal and Canadian speedrunners! I would go just to hang with you all Smiley
I'd be interested in attending this
I'd love to go, but I live in the Vancouver area, and money is kind of an Issue. However, If I can afford it, I would definitely love to go! I'd also be interested in running either Pokemon Crystal or OoT Glitchless child%, as those are my main games I run right now :D.
I'd be interested in at least attending. Maybe running a game if you don't mind longer runs Smiley
I'd like to come if the date falls on my break from school I can make it. So just tell me if you need a games list or something.
Is this still happening? Any info/news about it?
Can we get updates? Being from Ottawa, I can definitely come. I'd love to run some any% Tomba! and Crash Bandicoot 3.
I also have Super Paper Mario, but that's in the works and takes quite a while.