Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I will be doing a single segment final fantasy tactics run with no glitches. Does this count for the bounty?
Fucking Weeaboo
From my interpretation of the "Any FF Game" bounty, it has to NOT be on SDA.  Since there's already a FFT run on SDA, if you did a FFT run, regardless of category, it would not count.
Hummm, first of all if you just read their posts you know that you won't get the bounty for that.
Second of all, someone already did a speed run of FF1, shouldn't he get the bounty for that?..

Guess he didn't know and/or doesn't care for the money?
Is he even ever on the forums? Tongue
Fucking Weeaboo
Plus it's now officially winter.  The bounty ended Fall 2010. Tongue
Everything's better with Magitek
The FF1 runner has contacted me about the bounty.  I still need to pay him, but it's a little more complicated since he lives in Canada.
Jumping Turtle
Pushed back Bomberman 64 bounty to 1-1-2012. Also raised it to $10.
omg $10 now dropping all my other projects for b64
SEGA Junkie
Going to keep the de Blob bounty up. I was expecting to be done with my own set of ILs by now, but I guess not, lol. Add another year to that (so end of 2011).
Huh, it's been some time since I've posted something here.  Anyway, if anyone is working on a Pokemon Sapphire single segment run, let me know and I'll see about working out a new bounty.  I probably won't keep the initial $20 or $25, but I'll still match the other $5 contributions.  That should still make a decent bounty.
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-01 12:44:40 pm
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-01 12:21:40 pm
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-01 12:12:47 pm
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-01 12:08:42 pm
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Everything has been updated.

I removed all the bounties that expired at the end of 2010 and Fall of 2010 that did not want to be renewed. I waited the extra few days to see if there was any interest in any of the bounties before I took them down. These bounties removed included Alex Kidd in Miracle World, No More Heroes, Toki Tori, and five different Cave Story bounties. We also lost a fun one that would have awarded $20 for a speedrun longer than Final Fantasy X (Over 10:25 of speedrun time).

I extended the due date to 2011 for your Pokemon bounty Ascetic Swordsman, since you didn't give an end date. Would you like me to remove the due date all together?

I'm still waiting for the Final Fantasy thing to be resolved, so I'll keep it under the "Awaiting Payment" section for now.

My bounties are all still good in case anyone was wondering. There's still quite a bit of money on the table for Alien Hominid (The suffering will have a great reward) and Super Mario Galaxy.
...posting to let you (TheQuietMan) know that i won and turned down the magician lord bounty. mike said here, a while ago, that he'll put up a new one, but it's up to him of course.
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-02 09:42:22 pm
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-01 12:45:08 pm
Ah yes, I remember that one, it was just kind of confusing as how to categorize it. I've given it it's own separate category for now. "$200 turned down by spacoina" would have looked weird under the "Paid" section. Tongue
My name is unpronounceable
Quote from TheQuietMan:
We also lost a fun one that would have awarded $20 for a speedrun longer than Final Fantasy X (Over 10:25 of speedrun time).

The Skies of Arcadia run that was accepted fit the bounty, and I still intend to make good on the bounty.  I will make the donation when the run gets put up onto the site, whenever that may be.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Just curious, did any of those Cave Story bounties apply to the run being discussed for the Wii's version in Newer Consoles?
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-02 09:56:04 pm
Quote from mocliamtoh:
The Skies of Arcadia run that was accepted fit the bounty, and I still intend to make good on the bounty.  I will make the donation when the run gets put up onto the site, whenever that may be.

Sorry, I didn't know the details of that speedrun.

Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
Just curious, did any of those Cave Story bounties apply to the run being discussed for the Wii's version in Newer Consoles?

The exact post is here. Long story short, unless the Wiiware version is the same as the PC version, the person offering it wasn't interested.
Quote from TheQuietMan:
I extended the due date to 2011 for your Pokemon bounty Ascetic Swordsman, since you didn't give an end date. Would you like me to remove the due date all together?

Whoops, I thought I gave until the end of last December for that.  Anyway, why don't we just wait until the end of January and see if anyone is still interested in doing the run, and if not, take the whole bounty down.  Then I can put the money I set aside for it towards something else.

I suppose I could just do it myself too, if I felt like it.  What would be a good goal time for a Torchic SS run?

http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/high_paying_bounties..html

Check out my bounties here - over £1000 on offer!
Once my run is complete , i will give $100 to anyone who can beat my Age Of Mythology Segmented run
wise fwom yo gwave
Someone is claiming :17 on emerald hill 1... to encourage someone to submit, anyone who gets :18 will get a $125 bounty, anyone getting :17 will get $200 bounty.
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
50 $ for a Lagoon SS run (without death ) Max Lev. 30 Due day END 2011
Sonical!
Quote from stanski:
Someone is claiming :17 on emerald hill 1...

Where did he or she claim it?
Is PJ
Quote from Tigger77:
50 $ for a Lagoon SS run (without death ) Max Lev. 30 Due day END 2011

Smiley
Everybody's favorite monster
I was going to put up a bounty for Lagoon as i promised PJ but it turned out i allready had one. Ill add another 50 to that one, you can remove the shirtless part
Edit history:
RaneofSOTN: 2011-01-15 01:54:13 am
I want off the ride....
this is going to seem wierd but... anyway...
10$ for any run with the file name "Rane" or "RANE". RANE is only allowed when lower case letters are not selectable (very few instances).
20$ for any run with the file name "Rane" or "RANE" that beats a current record.

If the game does NOT have a "file name" ala Zelda {easiest reference} then the Main Character needs to be named for this bounty to apply.

Stipulations: Has to be accepted, and I need to see the video.. (not necessarily a verifier, as I dont know every game) with proof of the name. If its a file name distinctly show the "clear" at the end if possible.

Reasons: As It was mentioned during the marathon the name "Rane" lives on infamy, and i dreaded seeing it on my ff4 (2us) run. There seems to be some level of horrible luck tied to the name, and this is why i generally do better at rpgs than most cause I learn to deal with the worst possible situation and come out on top.

Records of what the file name "Rane" has done.
1. Romscout tried "Rane" on an SMRPG attempt and had the worst luck. Every time he said (he streamed it) "Dont use <blank>" the game used <blank> or if it was not to hit one person it did.
2. Cyghfer on his attempts with "Rane" has run into problems where enemies some how 'stopped' and got him into combat which he reset from.
3. My SMT Nocturne Hard file took 13 deaths to get through the tutorial. Most people maybe die up to 3 times to get out of it on normal. I had 3 straight combats in a row where i was CRIT TO DEATH.
<More records will be added as people try for the impossible>

Edit: TheQuietMan please if you can list this (with a link) entitling it as "Break the Rane* curse"
Everything's better with Magitek
Get ready for me to break that curse, Rane. Wink