--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-08-24 06:13:39 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't and probably shouldn't exist.

Tiago Teixeira's PAL version run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
me: also do you have anything to say about magician lord?
me: aside from he conqured a shitty game?
Verifier: uh, its a shitty game
Verifier: and he beat it
Verifier: thats about it
me: that works

Quote:
Screw the pleasantries, it's effin' Magician Lord.

Technical is good, no cheating.

Let's do this, we're going Harry Potter on these bitches!  Angry 

Dale of evil gods - Looks perfect.  Nice damage abuse over the flames.  So creative, so simple and yet, I never thought of that.
What imprudence you human being - Flawless.

To the evil mine - A little beat up in the beginning, but then it's Ninja time, so I'm happy again.
I'm just destined to die - Greatness

Highway leading to a foreign space - As the runner notes, things get a little hairy mid way through.  Funny thing is, it actually looked better to me the second time around.
That power is powerless - Destroys the hanging head that didn't get chosen for the Contra series.

Castle of devils - Elta isn't as stylish as Mike Shinobi, but more powerful.  The choice is clear given that this game's bosses are brutal.  One missed jump in the inferno.
You, persistent guy - Very good, missed saving that last boss jump by one shot.

Anderground passage of terror - The run through of this level is pretty amazing.
Feel fortunate to have survived - Patient and methodical.

Corridor leading to Hell - Runner is forced to do some killing here, finally.  Close call with the crustaceans.  And how come the "girl boss" doesn't actually die?  Huh?
Be dead down here - Now the runner piece kills what appears to be a giant, mutated penis.

Gal Agiese - Some good maneuvering.  Put the sorcerer's crystal balls to the wall.  The knight boss is a slow ass though.
Come on, nice guy - Questionable if better boss position would save time.  Faster drop vs. faster shots.  Meh.  I'll take it.

god of destruction reincarnates - The room for improvement on the boss re-fights is pretty much all due to bad AI luck.  And the final boss gets the flames... Hard.

Final thoughts: To this day, I can't beat the game without multiple continues.  This is one of the games that haunted me in the arcade as a kid.  So I would play Smash TV.  The runner crushes this game, doesn't die and completes more than half the run without even getting hit.  Especially since this cheating ass game docks you one power up each time you're hit, plus the health drop.

Accept this now.

If nothing else, this run rapes, obliterates and then goes for seconds on Mike and Stanki's bounty for this game by nine damn minutes.  Shocked  KA-CHING!

Quote:
Audio/Video: Good
Cheating: No

Impressive run!  Fancy footwork dodging around bullets, great pacing, quick dispatching of mini-bosses and bosses alike, and just making the game look way easier than it is.

I particularly enjoyed seeing how quickly Stage 5 went and the lack of needing to deal with any frog warriors (and most other enemies for that matter), as well as the quick clearing of the moving platforms at the start of Stage 7.  Both of those spots always trouble me to no end.

The only thing that does slightly stand out is the damage boost at the start Stage 4, but it's very minor in my opinion and doesn't diminish in any way how excellent this run is.

Decision: Accept

Reason: How did he tolerate this game?

P.S. Are you sure you want us to set up a bounty for a different game? I'll do it (I think I've made up my mind on which game), but you did get the bounty.
Thread title:  
Lol @ verifiers, you guys rule. Is DK28 #2?

Anyway yeah Mike, regarding the bounty, that is my wish. Thanks

(Also, PMed you a new set of comments for this)
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from spacoina:
Lol @ verifiers, you guys rule. Is DK28 #2?

Yeah, I'm pretty obvious.  Tongue  But it really is a great run spacoina.  Congrats!!!
wise fwom yo gwave
i dont have anything in particular to set up a bounty for really... any suggestions?
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Quote from stanski:
i dont have anything in particular to set up a bounty for really... any suggestions?

Actually Stanski, you and Mike offered a bounty here and here almost three years ago. I'm not sure if you still have the money or if this speedrun meets the exact requirements, but it seems to judging from the comments.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
TheQuietMan: We know about our own bounties. Tongue The point is that spacoina refused the money and said we should put the money into another bounty. I'm thinking of possibly putting a bounty on Just Cause 2, simply because I recently played through the game and I think it would make a really cool speedrun, if a nightmare to plan.
Master-88
Congrats Spacoina. I never knew your real name. I hear this first time now. Is this your first SDA run?
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2010-08-25 11:51:34 am
TheQuietMan: 2010-08-25 11:51:34 am
TheQuietMan: 2010-08-25 11:51:16 am
TheQuietMan: 2010-08-25 11:49:02 am
TheQuietMan: 2010-08-25 11:49:01 am
TheQuietMan: 2010-08-25 11:48:54 am
Complete. Global. Saturation.
I knew I missing a piece of the puzzle. I just didn't know if you two remembered placing it that long ago. When it comes to managing bounties, I have to keep them up-to-date and ask a lot of questions, especially when they're approaching their due date. Smiley
The first verifier's comments reminded me of the reason we accepted the Dragon's Lair speedrun. Now that I look at some gameplay footage, it looks like a bitch of a game to even play. I actually find it odd that someone refused a $200 bounty for their efforts, especially on a game like this.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from MASTER-88:
Congrats Spacoina. I never knew your real name. I hear this first time now. Is this your first SDA run?

He did some of the ILs for Ganbare as well.