Sad
<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Everything has been added to the list, including WillingToPay's bounties. I just need to hear from HexRapper to see if he wants his Tony Hawk bounties to still be valid.
Edit history:
WillingToPay: 2011-01-17 10:30:23 am
Thank you Smiley

I didn't mean to appear more important than anybody in this thread, by the way - I simply wanted to gain as much attention as possible. Judging by the replies and PMs, it worked. Cheesy
Waiting hurts my soul...
no way to tell if you would have gotten more or less by just posting here.
Edit history:
Kiyura: 2011-01-17 11:39:20 am
Wiiaboo
TheQuietMan, it seems like you're updating the list fairly regularly, so I'm curious why there are obsolete bounties on it. Are you keeping them for a year or so for runs that may have been submitted but not yet accepted?
Some of them stay up because they've been completed, but the payment got complicated (Any Final Fantasy run not on SDA). Others stay up because 9 times out of 10 the people offering them want me to extend the due date, but they haven't been around to tell me, like HexRapper. If I just take them down on the due date, the person offering it wants it back up. And sometimes a speedrunner will be working on one, or will even have completed it, but the person offering it hasn't been around. If I keep it up, it's not forgotten when that person returns and I can ask them if they're still willing to offer the reward.
hi.. im new to the forum.. i was wondering if the list has been updated yet? or are there new bounties and where i can find theM?
Wiiaboo
If you had only read this last page you'd have seen that it's been updated within the past day. This is the place to view and discuss all standing bounties.
1-Up!
Quote from codebreak1337:
hi.. im new to the forum.. i was wondering if the list has been updated yet? or are there new bounties and where i can find theM?

They're all on page 1 of this thread and yeah, you can bet that TQM has pretty much always got it updated.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-01-19 04:05:08 am
Fucking Weeaboo
$25 bounty to whoever can create a DS Lite version of this: http://draculaojisan.blog8.fc2.com/blog-entry-440.html

Must actually MAKE the device and prove it works - proof of concept is not enough.  Please include documentation of the final product for all of SDA to enjoy and use.  Due date: End of 2011.
Edit history:
Zeupar: 2011-02-01 01:29:13 am
Sonical!
I talked with andrewg about Sonic Advance recently, and he seems to love the game because he played it a lot when he was a child. I have always said that NintenDan's speedrun of Sonic Advance as Sonic is amongst the best speedruns that I have seen. I told him this, and he said the he likes hard challenges and might try beating Ninty's run in the future. To give him some incentive, I offer $100 to whoever is able to beat NintenDan's time in a single-segment any% normal mode run of Sonic Advance as Sonic before 21st December 2012. A few of the routes of his run are outdated now, so, if you go for it, let me know and I will tell you the best known routes.
wise fwom yo gwave
Quote from Zeupar:
Quote from stanski:
Someone is claiming :17 on emerald hill 1...

Where did he or she claim it?

Someone that TAS' sonic 2/sonic 3 and knuckles and is facebook friends with me, sent me a message saying a long time ago he got 17 'without autofire or TAS' I don't even know if he frequents this site and there is a bit of a language barrier when we talk.

Also, for the sonic advance bounty, i would recommend that since some of the levels routes are so much better than nintendan's, you put in some other sort of stipulation... it would be pretty easy with the new routes to wip out a new run that actually has subpar levels compared to nintendan but is overall faster, which is definitely not good.
$15 to beat my symphony of the night luck mode run...

CONDITIONS:
I get 3 days to beat your best time if i dont i pay.
NO out of BOUNDS!

here is my run

Edit history:
Zeupar: 2011-01-21 04:48:14 pm
Sonical!
Quote from stanski:
Also, for the sonic advance bounty, i would recommend that since some of the levels routes are so much better than nintendan's, you put in some other sort of stipulation... it would be pretty easy with the new routes to wip out a new run that actually has subpar levels compared to nintendan but is overall faster, which is definitely not good.

Nah, the new routes aren't much better, only slightly better. In fact, I am offering that much money because I know that it is very unlikely that someone is able to beat NintenDan's run. Tongue
hey what does the term "SUB" mean? pharse: "sub under 2 hours"
ok i figured it out sorry
Sir VG, even though it's running through an emulator and won't be counted an official capture method for speedruns, you still want to offer the bounty for it, right? Or, is it just a DS Lite update you're looking for?
Fucking Weeaboo
The device doesn't run though an emulator, but it's an actual video output device.  Kinda like Jumbotron DS, but there's actual info on a DS Phat video outputs.  There isn't for a lite though, which would be better for speed runners then the DS Phat version.  That's the goal of the bounty.
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2011-01-23 05:57:14 pm
It seemed like an emulator of sorts was being used by looking at the computer screens. I didn't know it was taking the DS and actually giving it an output port. That's pretty sweet. I've added it.
Fucking Weeaboo
Yeah, the quality looks damn sweet, which is why I want to see it done so badly.  That's what the rejected Portrait of Ruin ruin apparently used (on a Phat), but I think using it on a Lite would be better for speed runners, since they're easier to see and play on.  It's basically a matter of figuring out the pinouts.
DS Dictator
Quote:
I think using it on a Lite would be better for speed runners, since they're easier to see and play on.

It's also one of the most popular models (and best battery life) out of all of the DS Classic series despite not being able to play DSiware games.
But in the future, I think video outputting a 3DS will be a better idea as it can also play both 3DSWare and 3DS games.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm sure it will, but right now having a DS Lite option would be one of the best options.  We've gotten to see a little of the 3DS hardware, but right now we really don't know enough to consider doing anything with it.
Let the music play!
Legitimate question - how do the timed bounties stack up against PAL times? Suppose I want to challenge the Resident Evil bounty, which is single segment, 1:26 as Jill. However, I only own the PAL version and can currently record in 50 Hz. Would that work as 1:43 (which is 6/5th of the time required, roughly the PAL/NTSC conversion) or something else, since PAL time is often subtly - and not-so-subtly - different?
Fucking Weeaboo
It just kinda depends on the game and the bounty person's decision.  Some games in 50 Hz actually slow the timer down (like Sonic 1 I believe), while others, since they're manually timed, have to be adjusted.  I would say if you want to know about a specific bounty when it comes to PAL timing, ask the person who put it up.
Little parenthesis : I'm the runner of FF1 and I do live in Canada, which has given MAS8705 and Essentia more difficulties paying me than they would otherwise have had. I read the forum from time to time, I care about getting the bounties eventually, and I just hope that my non-usage of Paypal doesn't lead to such delays in payment that the bounty gets cancelled. Can I ask for TheQuietMan to please warn me before that happens? Again, many thanks to Essentia and MAS8705 for caring that much about the FF series!
Fucking Weeaboo
If you have an agreement with the bounty submitter, then that always trumps the general cancellation date.