Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 ... 12, 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
A minor improvement to my previous Tesla 2 route:

I actually found this clip before the one shown in my previous Tesla 2 videos but after going out of bounds using this clip I couldn't find a way to get on the roof of the room you're meant to walk through.

The reason I seem to take an odd path immediately after clipping is because of an invisible wall that I couldn't get over that isn't present directly over the door.

Also, using this clip for the other Tesla 2 route I posted either took longer or the same amount of time for me when I tried it out. Since you're already on the highest invisible wall midway through the catwalk it only takes a few seconds to get onto the pipes used to get the top-level clip which instantly puts you on the roof.
So the last post I made about streets was the possibility of skipping the pig hits during the chase sequence at the end of the level. I knew it was possible, but the only way I achieved it was with a save I was using for strat finding wherein I was messing around a lot earlier in the level.

The issue with that was the entire level of streets has those explosions that go off (in preset timed intervals btw, they're not random) that slow your movespeed, and the save I used only had 1 explosion go off during the pig chase. During an actual run there are always 2 explosions.

Today I discovered that jumping right before the explosions go off you can be in mid-air while the slowdown occurs, skipping it. Just jumping to skip the slowdowns throughout the level would only save maybe 2-3 seconds realistically, but if you skip the 2 that occur during the pig chase sequence, you can outrun the pig and never get hit.

This would save the ~1 second it takes to correct your camera after the pig hits you, and all the time you would lose from being at low health throughout the last section of the level, which varies depending on the number of times the pig hits you.

1 pig hit  = an hp lose of about 23, from 52 down to 29
2 pig hits = an hp lose of about 45, from 52 down to 7

Here's video proof:
You guys have found some great stuff lately! I've been thinking of revisiting both Amnesia's and trying to get some better times. Probably going to work on TDD before AMFP though. I'm coming for you Weables Smiley
A while ago I started doing some single segment runs of AMFP. My main goal was to get a deathless run showing off all the most recent strats/routes that I'm aware of. Well I haven't gotten a deathless run in over a month now so I decided to post this "good enough" run with 1 death.

Now there's something on the forums containing nearly all the new stuff found in the past 6 months or so. If anyone knows of any bad/inferior strats that I used let me know so I can improve on this.

Also, I stopped timing in Tesla 2 because I died and got mad but didn't reset. Its fine though, the run had a death in it and was bad anyways.
Edit history:
ShadowDraft: 2014-05-01 06:17:23 pm
ShadowDraft: 2014-05-01 06:16:55 pm
ShadowDraft: 2014-05-01 03:17:20 pm
Get over here!
I found a possibly faster route for factory after screwing around to find possible segmented strats.

It skips basically everything since the clip is right at the spawn. No more story dialogue until the reactor level Tongue

Edit: Found a possible save clip spot in the church

Edit 2: Fuck. Streets.

that factory skip is nice but tis such a long set up that I feel doing the original route would be faster
btw glad to see this game doesn't have a completely dead community haha
Edit history:
ShadowDraft: 2014-05-02 10:27:56 am
Get over here!
Quote from SgtSnuggleButt:
that factory skip is nice but tis such a long set up that I feel doing the original route would be faster

That's actually pretty misleading. You skip opening the heavy door, lifting the crate and the slow trigger all together. I also didn't try out any jumping to cut the route shorter. It's faster, believe me Smiley

Edit: Also it may very well be a segmented only thing too.
Edit history:
Nosferatu: 2014-05-17 11:17:47 am
I found a new strat to use in the early part of bilge that allows the walk through the water to be skipped.

If you manage to make it all the way up onto the machinery like i did in the video it should save like 4 seconds.

The full boost is a bit difficult to get though so if you fail it and only get up onto the pipe you can just fall off to the left and continue on as normal through the water. Having that happen takes about as much time as the current route even with a failed boost because its more direct.

Edit: Turns out you don't take reduced movespeed in that water section so it doesn't save as much time as I originally thought.
At the end of Bilge there's a huge fall you need to take to get to the exit that would always bring you down to 10hp for reactor. That sucked because doing the ceiling clip in reactor is a lot easier with full hp. Here I found a small spot to skip the fall damage at the end of Bilge and keep all your health for reactor. (No good setup for the trick yet)

Part 1 of the video shows a normal end to Bilge with full fall damage.
Part 2 shows a tiny spot that's already in the current route's general path that negates all fall damage letting you keep your health for the ceiling clip in reactor.

Also, I went and took damage intentionally at the door dive right afterwards to prove this wasn't the quick save glitch or something similar.
Edit history:
Nosferatu: 2014-06-03 04:58:13 am
I'm going to start streaming AMFP in the future.

http://www.twitch.tv/nosfera_2

The stream will include practice, glitch hunting, and single segment runs usually starting some time after midnight.
Found 3 new clips in sewers yesterday and made a video explaining my thoughts on them and how I'm doing them at the moment.

Like I said in the video though, none of them are consistent yet so I'll keep looking into them to try and find a reliable setup for the last 2 in particular.
I'm currently practicing this game and I am having trouble on the Sewers OoB trick,It doesn't help that I'm in the dark while I do the trick. :/
Here's a new setup for the ceiling clip in Bilge that cuts out a lot of RNG from the run.

Something to note: If you're not using scroll for jump+crouch its possible to jump OOB using the old method without getting pushed back down much more consistently.
Get over here!
Quote from Nerd_Squared:
I'm currently practicing this game and I am having trouble on the Sewers OoB trick,It doesn't help that I'm in the dark while I do the trick. :/

Which OoB trick is that? Falling down the pipes? If you're just starting to learn the route try getting a lantern at the start and do the normal route with it. You can figure it out easier after that. Also turn up your gamma to maximum.

Hope that helps and welcome to AMFP running Smiley
Got a PB of 23:03.19 GT earlier today.

http://www.twitch.tv/nosfera_2/c/4713284

I still had some major time loss in sewers and bilge so I'll be going for a better time but good run overall.
Got another PB today, this time 22:35.45 GT.

http://www.twitch.tv/nosfera_2/c/4719011

This run had a great sewers using the early clip that skips the flashback slowdown. Glad I finally got it somewhat fast in a run.
Minor time save in Streets -

If you could stand on the ledge above where you boost this may have been an actual strat, but as it is you need a crazy curved jump to make it around the building. I'll be looking into it further to see if a setup exists.
Is 100% still a thing?
I recently did a number of videos on strats that I never got around to explaining before. Most of them are tiny time savers but I think they're all worth mentioning.

Mansion 2 -

Tunnels -

Bilge -

Reactor -

Engine Room -

I've also got a new setup for the Sewer Clip that I'm hoping to make a video on soon.
New setup for Sewers Clip (watch in HD to see the pixels used for the setup)

This is done on an older patch since the most recent one ruined the clip in the video.
New time saver via weird conveyor belt mechanics in Temple -

If you don't get any initial boost from the beginning of the conveyor belt this strat can save over 10 seconds compared to just holding forward.
Edit history:
RawkBandMan: 2015-07-06 03:13:22 am
I started running this the other day, and I finally got a time that I'm content with, so I decided to calculate the loadless time - However, the the loading screen time I timed seemed a little low, so I decided to test it by timing the loads of WR, and my loadless timing of the WR was about a minute slower than what is on the leaderboards...

So my question is, how are the loading screens timed? When do you pause the timer for loading screens and when do you unpause it?
Quote from RawkBandMan:
I started running this the other day, and I finally got a time that I'm content with, so I decided to calculate the loadless time - However, the the loading screen time I timed seemed a little low, so I decided to test it by timing the loads of WR, and my loadless timing of the WR was about a minute slower than what is on the leaderboards...

So my question is, how are the loading screens timed? When do you pause the timer for loading screens and when do you unpause it?

Load time in AMFP begins when the load screen first appears on the screen and ends when the load screen fades completely to black. This differs from TDD where the load screen would end on the first frame the load screen text begins to move. This difference arose when Fatalis made the NoLoads plugin for TDD, but since AMFP never got a NoLoads plugin, the timing method for AMFP never changed.

If you want to time my run (or any run) using this method I recommend using a local recording since you can't really frame advance accurately on Youtube/Twitch to find the right time to start/stop the loads.

Here is a link to the local recording of my run and the Excel file with all the load times I calculated.

https://mega.co.nz/#!BVximCxB!RwyCK7AcJS0yaYvWl1abDaUhO2syBDUvBkuX3qXrxZk

That should give you an idea of how I timed my loads. If you still find my game time to be a minute low, let me know.
Quote from Nosferatu:
Load time in AMFP begins when the load screen first appears on the screen and ends when the load screen fades completely to black. This differs from TDD where the load screen would end on the first frame the load screen text begins to move. This difference arose when Fatalis made the NoLoads plugin for TDD, but since AMFP never got a NoLoads plugin, the timing method for AMFP never changed.

If you want to time my run (or any run) using this method I recommend using a local recording since you can't really frame advance accurately on Youtube/Twitch to find the right time to start/stop the loads.

Here is a link to the local recording of my run and the Excel file with all the load times I calculated.

https://mega.co.nz/#!BVximCxB!RwyCK7AcJS0yaYvWl1abDaUhO2syBDUvBkuX3qXrxZk

That should give you an idea of how I timed my loads. If you still find my game time to be a minute low, let me know.

Ah, that makes sense. I was ending the load right when the text started to move like in TDD, rather than when it fades to black. That's most likely why my times have been off.

Thanks for the help!