Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Concerning the sewers OoB: I just noticed that it might me a bit faster and safer to use this valve-thingy to boost onto the pipes and the connection between the two pipe-parts to go OoB instead of using the chair and/or the piece connecting the pipe to the wall.

~
the reason i personally use the chair isn't to get on top of the pipe. if you have the back of the wall on the pipe side you can boost up the back of the chair, get an extra boost off of the pipe where it curves into the wall, and then fly out of bounds. at least in my experience it's been way safer.
I agree with tekkie. I rely on the chair to make it easy. As far as map 7 goes, I need a consistent set up.
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but how the hell do you do that pipe clip in the cellar? I spent like 10 minutes jumping against the last pipe all sorts of different ways and I can't figure out how to get up on top of it. Even after watching the video examples of how to do it I still can't seem to get it, there's something really obvious I'm missing...

On another note, I did manage to clip through the gate without doing the pig hover in level 4 on accident, but I can't reproduce it and I wasn't recording at the time, d'oh...I somehow got pushed between the car and the gate when I was trying to pig hover in the middle of the street, and then with a lot of jumping around and tugging on the gate I was eventually forced through to the other side. I haven't figured out how to reproduce it, and it might not be worth trying since I think it requires the pig anyways to get into position, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
I have had this happen as well. The pig has also knocked many things off their hinges, causing the game to lag.

Also, you need to do crouching as well. Try the other side like I do in my videos.

http://www.twitch.tv/sychotixx/c/2932576 New record, 33:12.5 RT. Still improvable.
just some nerd
Been working thru the game on my own, routing and bug hunting mostly from scratch.  Thought I'd share one gem with ya.

Be warned, jumping on the foot and arm rests of that chair crashed my game about 4 times, and corrupted my saves once whilst trying to reproduce this fantastical glitch.  Good luck.
Lmao, I just died watching that. Imagine if we could find a set up for it and use it consistently in runs. Tongue
Get over here!
Quote from Mr_Weables:
Been working thru the game on my own, routing and bug hunting mostly from scratch.  Thought I'd share one gem with ya.

Be warned, jumping on the foot and arm rests of that chair crashed my game about 4 times, and corrupted my saves once whilst trying to reproduce this fantastical glitch.  Good luck.

Oh my god that's just fantastic. But crashing the game is very much not safe.

Good to have you back though Weables Smiley
That is incredible Weables.

I've been practicing the new map 3 OOB, and I'm finding it's much less safe than I hoped. Incredibly easy to get out, but there are two killer jumps that can easily get you pushed off the map. I'll be sticking with the original route until we can make it more consistent (or we need those extra seconds).

I do the sewers the way lazypelt described. The actual OOB is incredibly consistent in my opinion, so I just skip the chair. I have found the pipe can be fickle to boost up sometimes though, as it doesn't like to let you crouch on it.
Edit history:
Lazypelt: 2013-09-15 08:54:47 am
I just found another OoB route in the curch using the big statue to the right and a chair, you have to throw up the chair and then boost up on the statue and go OoB over the chair (http://puu.sh/4rXus.jpg). I guess it might be possible to get OoB without the chair, but I didn't manage to pull it off yet. It's safer than the old route, but I'm also pretty sure it is also slower, at least when using the chair. I'll mess around with it some more to figure out which one is faster.
Get over here!
Quote from Lazypelt:
I just found another OoB route in the curch using the big statue to the right and a chair, you have to throw up the chair and then boost up on the statue and go OoB over the chair (http://puu.sh/4rXus.jpg). I guess it might be possible to get OoB without the chair, but I didn't manage to pull it off yet. It's safer than the old route, but I'm also pretty sure it is also slower, at least when using the chair. I'll mess around with it some more to figure out which one is faster.

It is slower because the boost on the statue is unreliable. I've tested around with it too and you actually might be able to get enough speed to clip through the top but it's very unlikely ... I'd so love a safer strat for the church.
Yeah Mr_Weables, I have had that happen multiple times when using the pig. Pretty awesome that the lamp can do it too =P Even if it got consistent, it would not be faster however.

Also ElendilAndurilz, are you sure the map 3 OOB is faster? I thought it was create to be more consistent.
Sychotix, do you think you could explain your Map 7 strats to me? It seems like map 7 is always my run ender as far as time goes. I can never seem to get any consistent results with any strat on Map 7.
Map7 as in Tunnels? I use the cabinet strat. You jump on the table, then onto the bottom part of the cabinet. Open up the door and crouch jump (do not spam it) on top of the door. Walk to the top of the cabinet and then sprint+spam jump to get up. You should face the wall, but ever so slightly to the right since you are using the boxes on the top to help push you up. To get into the loading zone, go past the first frame thingy for the hallway and jump off towards the right. Go a bit farther if you want to not risk it.
Edit history:
Scoot: 2013-09-16 01:35:53 am
Thanks a lot man, I'll give it a try

Edit: I got the Tunnel clip to work consistently. Thanks sychotix. ^^
Edit history:
sychotix: 2013-09-16 01:56:12 am
No problem Scoot, glad I could help. Here is the new WR. I made no major mistakes in the run, but there is still tons of room for improvement. I now have to switch to lanternless because those 10 seconds are important =(

Amnesia A Machine For Pigs Any% Single Segment WR (31:13.2 RT 28:10 GT)
http://www.twitch.tv/sychotixx/c/2941598

EDIT: Also, I timed it and the ledges at the end DO indeed give you a speed boost. You can save a couple seconds by using them.
Edit history:
Scoot: 2013-09-16 01:58:20 am
Very clean run man. Don't worry though, you'll get lanternless easily. It didn't take long for me to get used to it. Sewers can be a bitch at first, but i'm sure you'll be fine.

Also, what's your steam sychotix?
Edit history:
sychotix: 2013-09-16 01:59:46 am
http://twitch.tv/sychotixx "sychotix" was taken >.<

Also, I came up with a route for sewers already. It is different than what Tekkie showed.
Is it faster?
No idea. I havn't timed it, but I would assume it is VERY slightly faster.
Edit history:
Scoot: 2013-09-16 02:05:37 am
If it's safer then it would definitely be useful.

Also, in your WR run how did you fly up with the pig? Was it another random pig event, or did you find a way to make it work?
I tried to make it do that. I find that it happens more often if you grab lower on the body.
I'm really interested in your runs man, really good work. I see you use a lot strats I haven't seen before.
Totally rad
I started learning the basics of Amnesia 2 last night and fooled around a bit as well. One of the things I found in the sewers was this:

Compared to the pipe trick, this might be slightly safer (as it's almost impossible to fall off or clip through the wall). I'm not entirely convinced it's faster than going out of bounds using the pipe, but it could be a good alternative.

Secondly, a minor improvement at the very end. No need to climb down to reach the center of the 4-Rod Room. Can just jump over the barrier.

Hello, I've been starting to run this game the last couple of days, feel free to hit me up on skype: putteiq if you're doing a race.

Only thing i've found so far is that you can grab the chair from the other side of the table for the sewer glitch so you don't have to rotate it.
http://sv.twitch.tv/puttepingvin/c/2942866