Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Is that link supposed to take me somewhere dpx? for me it didn't go anywhere.
Well nevermind the link, you were supposed to right click -> save link as... but yeah we'll start from the logo anyway.
It's a pretty good idea.
~
my only issue with it is that there's about two minutes between that samuel johnson quote and actually starting to move, so resetting takes forever :s
Get over here!
I could upload a save file where the logo comes up after ~3 seconds if you want to use that for practice.
So what do we say, the quote or the logo?
~
Quote from ShadowDraft:
I could upload a save file where the logo comes up after ~3 seconds if you want to use that for practice.

would that not be okay to use legitimately? sounds ideal for this situation
Get over here!
Here's the file. Hope it helps with the practice everyone.

As for the timing question I'd say use the logo.
This seems to be much faster, safer, and after practice, easier.

As far as the save file goes, where do I place it? I can't find where the AMFP saves are located. The folder seems to have everything but a save location. I'm confused.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2013-09-13 03:42:35 pm
What?
Save files are in documents/Amnesia/Pig/<Profile>. If you have the max number of saves in that folder you might want to delete some old ones so the pasted save doesn't get overwritten as soon as the next map loads.
Get over here!
Quote from Scoot:
This seems to be much faster, safer, and after practice, easier.

Sorry still not faster than the clip. I did another run today to get my time below 1 hour and my mansion 1 is almost flawless with 56,4 seconds.
My skip is only like 30 seconds?
Get over here!
Quote from Scoot:
My skip is only like 30 seconds?

It's basically the same problem as the two chair strat. The regain controll part is just too long to make it worthwhile. I can't see this beat the clip. Even if it's way easier to execute.
Yeah, you're probably right. I'm going to test a few things out. De we start our timer when the logo comes up or when it fades?
Get over here!
Quote from Scoot:
Yeah, you're probably right. I'm going to test a few things out. De we start our timer when the logo comes up or when it fades?

When it comes up.
Yeah, Shadow I think you're probably right. I just got a pretty near flawless run with my start and I got 57.

Get over here!
Quote from Scoot:
Yeah, Shadow I think you're probably right. I just got a pretty near flawless run with my start and I got 57.

Still pretty impressive. I like the setup to be honest but the lost time to prepare it is just too high. By the way my 56,4 isn't even the best possible time for the clip. I saw a different setup for it which can jump straight through the wall and land on the room below. If I had to take a guess the best time for this level might be around 50 seconds.

It is definitely much safer and potentially faster.
~
okay now *that* looks damn useful
Get over here!

Thanks Scoot. You just made this map probably the fastest one in the run. Also props to Apjjm he found this at the same time as me.
Does anyone have Skype/ wanna give out their steam?
Hey guys, that's my first time posting here :3

Basically, I watched some TDD speedruns and did some runs myself (mainly Justine though) while waiting for AMFP and I started running AMFP right after my first playthrough. Today I did my first 'real' run and made it in 44:34, there's still a lot of room for improvement of course but I'm looking forward to it since I really enjoy running AMFP.
Also, I wanted to thank you guys for sharing all the strats/glitches etc you found and of course I'll try to contribute if I find something new :3

Scoot, if you (or anyone else of course) want to add me on Skype/Steam, just message me and I'll send you the information.
Quote from Dpx008:
Quote from ShadowDraft:
Quote from Bebbzor:

First mission in 1 minute, would be able to do it in 30 sec if not failing in the start.

To be honest with you I don't see how this is any faster than the clip strat. First off you cut out the regain part which is about ~10 seconds where the game slowly gives you back full runspeed, crouch and jump. Secondly a nearly perfect execution of the clip strat takes almost exactly 44 seconds to complete the hole level. Your strat may be safer but probably not faster.

Yeah and you can't get the lantern with this clip, which is pretty sad. Sad

True but in the clip you uploaded Dpx, i saw that you edited it and didn't get into the clip strat at first try.. So you have to make it first time to have it fast. Mine as well but i think its easier to get oob above the bed than in the wall.
~
lantern isnt viable anymore lmao

gg with the sewers Grin
Anyone on the forum feel free to add me on Skype and Steam. I'd love to talk about optimization.
Steam: imscoot