--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ElendilAndurilz: 2013-09-16 11:48:53 am
ElendilAndurilz: 2013-09-16 11:48:36 am
Solid finds Adam, I think these with both be very useful.
Okay, finally had a chance to record my sewer method for you guys. I can do this with around a 90% consistency, and it's really much easier than some of the other clips (*COUGH* CHURCH *COUGH*). I was messing around with Adam's new method, and although potentially faster I'm having trouble finding any setup that's consistent for it. So until someone figures that out....

Good finds Adam and great video Andurilz but I think i'm going to sit to the chair clip. I don't seem to find any difficulty with it at all. I can get it every time with my strat. What I think we need is a set up or new strat for church. That is horribly inconsistent for me.
I agree. The Church is in need of a setup more than anything else. I also thing we all should take a good look at Tesla 1, since I can't imagine that map isn't breakable. It's so large, and the exit door is clickable, so all we need is a way OOB before the sequence with electro-pig.
http://www.twitch.tv/sychotixx/c/2945649

New tutorial video that I made. Hopefully you guys find it useful. Let me know if you have questions.
I spent a solid 2 hours on tesla 1 today and couldn't find shit. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places, but it didn't seem breakable. The map is very empty and there isn't much to do. Hopefully im wrong, i'd love to see a clip
~
Quote from Scoot:
I spent a solid 2 hours on tesla 1 today and couldn't find shit. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places, but it didn't seem breakable. The map is very empty and there isn't much to do. Hopefully im wrong, i'd love to see a clip

here's a clip, it's just not to a useful area. the best place to clip out would hypothetically be behind the elevator room btw :v
I found a small timesave for bilge, about 10s.
Edit history:
sychotix: 2013-09-17 12:11:04 pm
Nice Putte! I remember clipping on top of that big machine a long time ago, but never considered trying to use it as a shortcut lol.

I spent a couple hours poking around Tesla1 again today, but still nothing. Here is a place I found you can get a boost off the machine things, but I wasn't able to work my way onto the pipe. Anyone else able to do it? It is the room to the left right before the Cyboarg encounter. There is also a wall or two you can boost up next to the door in the like... case area thing.

EDIT: Also, you can make that slightly faster by following the left wall and jumping up over the rail.
Can anyone explain to me how to enable quick save/ quick load.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2013-09-17 07:58:13 pm
Apjjm: 2013-09-17 07:57:40 pm
Apjjm: 2013-09-17 07:55:54 pm
What?
Go to Documents/Amnesia/Pig [for windows 7] and make a backup copy of main_settings.cfg, then open up the non-copy in notepad and paste over the first line so that it reads as follows, This will skip the intro & main menu and put you straight into the dev_user profile (and enable the debug menu), which we create next.
Code:
<Main ShowMenu="false" ExitMenuDirectly="false" SaveConfig="true" DefaultProfileName="dev_user" UpdateLogActive="true" LoadDebugMenu="true" StartLanguage="english.lang" ScreenShotExt="jpg" ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="true" ShowPreMenu="false" />

This step is not strictly necessary, but i would strongly advise enabling the debug tools in the dev_user profile, as then you can do real run attempts without the debug tools loaded by simply swapping the modded main_settings config file back with the original with a quick spot of renaming. Anyway, the next step is to copy your profile folder and rename the copy to dev_user - Then open up this folder and open up "user_settings.cfg". You will want to paste over the 2nd line:
Code:
<Debug ShowFPS="true" ShowSoundPlaying="false" ShowPlayerInfo="true" ShowEntityInfo="false" SaveCheckPointOnMapLoad="false" ShowDebugMessages="false" UseProgLog="false" ScriptDebugOn="false" InspectionMode="false" DisableFlashBacks="false" DrawPhysics="false" ShowGbufferContent="false" ShowAILog="false" ReloadFromCurrentPosition="true" AllowQuickSave="true" />

This enables quicksave/load and is simply a copy and paste of my line (a bunch of the settings you can change from the debug menu [F1]) - if you just want to do quicksave/load, skip the previous and next steps, and simply alter the AllowQuickSave option only in the relevant profile. If you want the full dev profile setup, then final step is to specify the default starting map, which you can do by pasting over the final line:
Code:
<Map File="01_mansion_01.map" Folder="" StartPos="" />

All the maps are in the root of the Machine For Pigs maps subfolder if you wish to get the file names to load a different map file by default.
What?
Reactor just got broke some more (+ an alternative clip in mansion_1 which is at the very least no slower):
Tesla 2 OOB, can be useful, it's a crouch walk to the end, really simple once you get out.
Getting out is the problem.

You can also spin left quickly and hit a small invisible platform between the 2 rooms.

http://www.twitch.tv/sudorus/c/2959925
And once you get on top of that invisible platform, you can boost off the things in the middle. If you get inbetween the two things, you can crouchjump on top and get on the platform.
Wow, great finds guys.
Totally rad
Tiny time saver I found today:

Edit history:
tekkie: 2013-09-19 06:47:08 pm
~
apjjm, that ladder grab thing at the beginning of tesla 2 is so silly lmao

also sudorus where in tesla 2 is that clip? inside the electric pig room or something? i didn't see it anywhere
Edit history:
sychotix: 2013-09-19 07:43:24 pm
It is right after  the room with all the bookcases. To the right. Sudorus also found a way to hit the trigger in Tesla 2 and activate the ladder. I'll post a highlight soon since he forgot =P

http://www.twitch.tv/sychotixx/c/2961241
Edit history:
tekkie: 2013-09-19 08:00:02 pm
~
oh, that's in tesla 1

edit: looks about 14 seconds faster than my clip, gj suderus Smiley

edit2: i heard apjjm figured out the ladder thing; i was testing it a long time ago and found out you could grab it from the first level but i didnt think the trigger activated until you got to second level, so that's useful
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2013-09-19 09:59:41 pm
Apjjm: 2013-09-19 09:59:32 pm
Apjjm: 2013-09-19 09:57:38 pm
Apjjm: 2013-09-19 09:57:15 pm
Apjjm: 2013-09-19 09:56:08 pm
What?
I didn't figure out the ladder thing at the start of Tesla 2 so i can't claim the credit for it. I think I said at some point in a twitch chat (i think it might have been on one of your early glitch hunt streams tekkie) that there was probably a trigger you crossed at somewhere before grabbing the 2nd ladder, and left it at that assuming the trigger was after ladder 1. I hadn't really tried to look for where the trigger was or if you could abuse it - so props to sudorus for finding it.
Edit history:
Sudorus: 2013-09-19 10:12:24 pm
I meant Tesla 1 for the OOB, sorry, couldn't edit >.>

Also it's possible to boost up to that ledge entirely on the Tesla 2 bridge, however it's super inconsistent and would only save seconds (perhaps) over just activating the trigger at the toy house and doubling back.

Edit: Now I make sense.
Edit history:
ElendilAndurilz: 2013-09-19 11:39:55 pm
ElendilAndurilz: 2013-09-19 11:38:48 pm
ElendilAndurilz: 2013-09-19 11:16:37 pm
ElendilAndurilz: 2013-09-19 11:15:31 pm
Weables has improved or made safe MANY parts of the run. Here's a highlight of his first time through the whole game. Major improvements and interesting things all the way through. I believe this run is 29:42 real time.

Short list of interesting things
Mansion 1 Different Early Clip than Apjjm's new one
Mansion 2 10-15 Seconds Faster
Cellar Probably Faster
Interesting Alley Strat Probably Faster
Church Safety improvement
Reactor different OOB than Apjjm's new one, might be better definitely safer I think.
Totally different and interesting bildge strat, much safer, might be faster
Tesla 1 incredibly good OOB strat

http://www.twitch.tv/mr_weables/c/2958318

Thanks for showing us up in like a day Weables :P. Reveal your demonic secrets to us.
Idk, Sychotix run is something to go off of in my opinion. I think some of the strats weables used may have been new but they seemed a bit slower. It was a good run, but sychotix has a better one with some safe strats and a lantern grab. It's pretty optimized (for the time) imo.
Totally rad
I don't see the real point in focusing on full-game runs when the route is obviously still not finalised. Glitch hunting and routing itself should take priority.
I agree with Adam. I am only doing full runs to see how far the current route can be pushed, and find ways to make the current things we have more consistent. Much love to people still finding glitches <3

Taking a look at mr_weables run. My god I am hoping for a good bilge strat and looking forward to this tesla 1 clip.