page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
~
Quote from Scoot:
Idk, Sychotix run is something to go off of in my opinion. I think some of the strats weables used may have been new but they seemed a bit slower. It was a good run, but sychotix has a better one with some safe strats and a lantern grab. It's pretty optimized (for the time) imo.

that run is super outdated by now. "safe strats" are worthless if you're actually trying to investigate the game further.

Quote from sychotix:
I agree with Adam. I am only doing full runs to see how far the current route can be pushed, and find ways to make the current things we have more consistent.

this isnt useful (for reasons above)
I've been running without safe strats (for the most part) for quite a while, and every time new strats come out (and I can get them consistent enough), I switch to them. Sadly most of my runs die at Bilge because of Tej's yolo strat >.<. I watched mr_weables run and these are my notes. Anything else he did in the run seemed slower to me.

alley [Not sure, worth testing speed]
church [probably waste a second, but probably more consistent]
bilge [slower but not a yolo strat]
reactor [slower than apjjm's new strat, use but work on new strat]
tesla1 [I assume faster, check consistency vs not doing]
Edit history:
ShadowDraft: 2013-09-20 09:36:54 am
Get over here!
Quote from sychotix:
I've been running without safe strats (for the most part) for quite a while, and every time new strats come out (and I can get them consistent enough), I switch to them. Sadly most of my runs die at Bilge because of Tej's yolo strat >.<. I watched mr_weables run and these are my notes. Anything else he did in the run seemed slower to me.

How can the church strat be slower if he clips earlier? That doesn't even make sense.

Oh and I watched your run mr_weables. Heard you asked about improving pigline. Well I did. Have fun with this. I didn't.

Edit history:
tekkie: 2013-09-20 09:39:14 am
tekkie: 2013-09-20 09:35:38 am
~
running this game as a whole right now is worthless and doesn't contribute anything. i don't mind spoonfeeding my new finds to the noobs for another few weeks but it's stupid if all it does is feed some "world record" lust

Quote from sychotix:

you're literally trying to give the best amnesia player in the world feedback on his first resetless run

edit: shadow after the pipe that's quick as fuck :O
Edit history:
sychotix: 2013-09-20 09:44:10 am
sychotix: 2013-09-20 09:43:57 am
I'm not giving him feedback. I am giving the community feedback on what to look at in his run for new strats. Seriously man, why so hostile?

And that strat is smexy =3

EDIT: and shadow, he doesn't clip earlier? He also has to crouch walk to clip out of bounds.
Get over here!
Quote from sychotix:
I'm not giving him feedback. I am giving the community feedback on what to look at in his run for new strats. Seriously man, why so hostile?

And that strat is smexy =3

EDIT: and shadow, he doesn't clip earlier? He also has to crouch walk to clip out of bounds.

He doesn't crouch iirc. You run into the window frame and it pushes you out / downward just like the statue. It may look slow but it really isn't.
I am 99% sure he does crouch, as I just watched him =P It does look a little faster than when I first watched it. I thought he crouch-walked into one of the plants or something.
~
Quote from sychotix:

three of the five things you said are flatly misinformed. the alley route is faster, the church route was flawless, and tesla 1 is significantly faster. the other two are just glaringly obvious.

what i'm trying to say is, stop trying to piggyback [hehe] on the things everyone else is doing and go look for new stuff
Tekkie, the notes I made were just purely from observation.  I put not sure for alley because I am not THAT good at keeping track of time in my head. I've figured out how the church clip works and I do think that it is (like half a second) faster, and far more consistent. And while tesla 1 may be significantly faster, how consistent is the clip? Can we get it every time? Will we be wasting 30 minutes trying to get in? That is why I don't immediately make assumptions.

I have tried to find things. I didn't see anything in maps where I felt there was huge room for improvement, so I moved on to trying to make the things we currently have more consistent. I believe I have done that pretty well.

Everyone knows there are two main types of speedrunners... there are the glitch finders (like APJJM from what i've heard and sockfolder) and there are people who actually do runs. I enjoy doing runs more.
~
Quote from sychotix:
how consistent is the clip? Can we get it every time? Will we be wasting 30 minutes trying to get in? That is why I don't immediately make assumptions.

the top of this very page says
"SDA Forum
not because it is easy but because it is hard"

Quote:
I moved on to trying to make the things we currently have more consistent. I believe I have done that pretty well.

what on earth are you talking about?
Get over here!
Mansion 1 - Stairs OoB

Bilge - New Strat

Tesla 1 - Thunderpig Skip (you can mute the video forgot to mute Adam's stream)
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2013-09-20 12:05:25 pm
What?
Here is a more in-depth method for the reactor trick (note: i start on the lower bits of wood):

You still have to grind it out to get used to it, but it is a trick you should be able to get within 5 attempts with some practice. I recorded the video in one take after getting the trick 5 times in a row before recording. I would advise practicing with overdraw on initially if you are having trouble, so you can see what is happening with the clip easier.
~
Quote from ShadowDraft:

i told shadow already, but if you boost up from the floor, *using* the metal beam platform under the pipe instead of just starting from on top of it, you can get the edge on the pipe much easier, imo
http://www.twitch.tv/yobastream/c/2959698 New chair skip in Alley found by Yobastream. Faster and more consistent.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2013-09-20 03:59:22 pm
Apjjm: 2013-09-20 03:58:55 pm
What?
A little bit of a friendlier bilge. This is an alternative to the instant kill bilge fall. It is a fairly inconsistent boost which you can retry a bunch (it works on both the horizontal beams).

How can the church strat be slower if he clips earlier? That doesn't even make sense.[/quote]

The same way Mansion 2 got improved by clipping later, and the map is now run alot faster. By clipping earlier you lose about 30 - 35 sec
Quote from ShadowDraft:
How can the church strat be slower if he clips earlier? That doesn't even make sense.

The same way Mansion 2 was improved by clipping later, and now it gets run alot faster. By clipping earlier in mansion 2, you lose about 30 seconds.

P.S - Sry for double post, had to fix the quote
Get over here!
Quote from xXDjEpicXx:
Quote from ShadowDraft:

The same way Mansion 2 was improved by clipping later, and now it gets run alot faster. By clipping earlier in mansion 2, you lose about 30 seconds.

P.S - Sry for double post, had to fix the quote

Shame Sychotixx tried it out again and agreed that it's faster and safer aswell. Even if it's only half a second faster Wink
Quote from ShadowDraft:
Shame Sychotixx tried it out again and agreed that it's faster and safer aswell. Even if it's only half a second faster Wink

Are you sure you know what I am talking about Shadow? Because I stated that it IS faster. BECAUSE he clips earlier...
Get over here!
Quote from xXDjEpicXx:
Quote from ShadowDraft:

Are you sure you know what I am talking about Shadow? Because I stated that it IS faster. BECAUSE he clips earlier...

No .. I can't follow your reasoning.

Anyways with the new tricks found RTA for this should be very much below 30 minutes now.
~
Quote from xXDjEpicXx:

Quote from xXDjEpicXx:
I stated that it IS faster. BECAUSE he clips earlier...

i dont even
So... I actually got a pretty decent run off. I skipped tesla1's skip since I haven't gotten it down 100% and it could have killed the run. There are a couple of safe strats that I use as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/sychotixx/c/2975285 Amnesia A Machine For Pigs Any% Single Segment WR (28:33.4 RT 25:48 GT)
How to count GT ? (I hope is it w/o loadscreen time, right?) You just getting average time of your loadscreens, multiple it on 15 and minus it from overall time? Dunno rly.
2 Random OOBs I found today. and by the way, I know my mic was rly low in the one vid. Also, I found out you can jump up that wall RIGHT from the bottom of it ;] no need to jump on the lamp post ;] just for fun, not to improve runs or anything.

Get over here!
Quote from xXDjepicXx:
2 Random OOBs I found today. and by the way, I know my mic was rly low in the one vid. Also, I found out you can jump up that wall RIGHT from the bottom of it ;] no need to jump on the lamp post ;] just for fun, not to improve runs or anything.

1. Do you have mic boost enabled? That might be your problem I know it's been for some of us.

2. The first video with the flashback skip was posted by Apjjm iirc - The second video is funny. Looks like they totally forgot that wall. Shame it's so far away from everything.