Smiley
Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
5th-11th makes the most sense imo.  Not only does it create the fewest amount of conflicts involving school/holidays/etc.  But it also hits the best point for people to check out the marathon.  Most people are doing very little except getting back into the groove of the new year.  All the holiday parties/sales/etc are over.  College football is over (other than the title game), and in general people tend to be homebodies after traveling and spending a lot of $$$ for the holidays.  Perfect time to get the most eyes and thus potential donations on the marathon.

I'll be ready to get my happy ass out there this time.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
It worked last year, it'd work this year. I think there's also intrinsic value in having dates that are the "same" every year. No matter what dates are chosen, it will have conflicts, so we might as well stick with this.
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
Good dates.  Doesn't conflict with my classes whatsoever
I'm addicted to games
Quote from Cool Matty:
I think there's also intrinsic value in having dates that are the "same" every year.

Except that my company's "week of meetings" is also the "same" every year. And I can't get out of them every year. I have to echo Mercury's "oh well" in that case.
Edit history:
yoshifan: 2013-02-18 12:28:28 pm
yoshifan: 2013-02-18 12:16:45 pm
I'd also tend to favor the 29th to 4th, and would encourage looking into that possibility for the reasons Butters stated.  Although judging from this year, I could most likely manage the 5th to 11th as well.
(EDIT: But I'll also be considering making SGDQ instead of AGDQ, since that's actually in summer now.  Hmm...)
(EDIT 2: Actually no, I'll definitely be busy in the summer.  Whoops!  Carry on.)
<(^_^)>
Quote from yoshifan:
(EDIT: But I'll also be considering making SGDQ instead of AGDQ, since that's actually in summer now.  Hmm...)

DO IT
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Either date range works for me so as long as I know which I can get time off / planes booked.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I want to greatly discourage the idea of 29th to the 4th. Not only are viewers going to drop to a massive-below-graveyard region during the midnight hours of the 31st in the states (and all international viewers will be gone a few hours earlier) but it's also the week for Christmas skiing holidays and if you've ever lived close to a road that leads to skiing resorts you will understand this argument. Just because we're a bunch of people who see it fit to run games in holidays doesn't mean that our viewers (apostrophe parents) think the same.

That got out of the way, 5th to 11th sounds very much ideal, including the added benefit of going with the same week (procedure) as last/every year.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-02-18 01:26:25 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-02-18 01:25:15 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-02-18 01:24:36 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I'm sticking with the original dates.

Alko and Cool Matty bring up some great points. While we might not care about the holidays, there are plenty of people who do, and take that time to visit their family and/or take a vacation. Also, having consistent dates means it's easier for people watching to plan around the marathon.

Also, for anyone who works in retail  the Christmas holiday season suuuuuuuuuuucks, and it's really hard to get vacation time off during that time, but the month after New Year's is dead and very easy to get time off.

However, there is one fact I completely forgot about during the post-christmas/pre-new years timeslot. PCF closes during the holidays and doesn't reopen until the day after New Year's. As we all know, one of the reasons why we stick with PCF is their active support during marathons, and we wouldn't want that to change.

I'm aware that the holidays timeslot is better for some people attending the marathon because some people have school that starts in the first week of January, or work conflicts then, but I think there's just too much working against having the marathon during holiday season.

P.S. If you're wondering how I know that PCF won't be open during the holidays. I had a meeting with them January 3rd, and they arranged that date because they said the first day they're back in the office is the 2nd, and things would be too hectic then.

EDIT: Please don't book a flight right now because I still need to find a location and establish exactly when bonus stream should end.
Wiiaboo
Okay but seriously Mike can I play AAAAAaaaaaaa.... *muffled gunshot*

*writes in blood: Yeah those dates are great*
HELLO!
Irony:  29th through the 4th would be great because a lot of offices shut down in that period.  But PCF is one of those offices, so, it's not great.
I actually think the viewer count would by high during New Year's Eve. As for New Year's Day: Everyone has a day off, is hungover, and just want to stay home. This basically makes it like a third weekend day.

The point is moot though if the charity we are donating for is not even open. Oh well.
I think those dates will work great. Not planning on going to Disney World again next year so I should be able to finally stay longer than a day Wink
The Great Farming Empire
Any date works for me, as long as it is in January.
Balls jerky
My school starts up first week of January and I had a hell of a time catching up this year after skipping the week thanks to the flu even with my easy mode first year classes. One week is 10% of the quarter so it's kind of a big deal. Next January I'll be doing my 'senior project' for my associates and i really don't know if I can skip that. It's probably not the smart thing to do as much as I absolutely love going to these and seeing everyone.
I lost mine
Those dates will most likely work for me. my school doesnt post the calendar this far ahead but I imagine that it starts after this ends. Also I know most k-12 schools in the area of my jc copy the calendar
train kept rollin
Dates are good. Lets Go!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
I am good with those dates.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from Pootrain:
Dates are good. Lets Go!

Awww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Speedrunner
Any dates work. I'm there!
Infinite Combo
Quote from dxtr:
Any dates work. I'm there!
Arbitrary forum emu
Relatively new to the community, but that date range would work for me. I'd love to make it at least one year. Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I like it.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
As you can see in the title update in the first post, I'm trying to figure out how long to extend bonus stream for. I don't think it should be any longer than it was this year, but should I keep it the same length? (We all leave Wednesday)
Bonus stream seemed just about right this year, I would love the 5-11 plus bonus till wednesday again. I work in retail as management so yeah impossible for me to get time off at any point in december Tongue