page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
HDL: 2013-11-03 08:08:30 am
You should not have to use Syphon Recorder at all for this setup.  That's only if you want to locally record video files.  Syphon (not recorder) simply lets you feed video from one source to another.

That being said, you can go to ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and see the crash files.  Send those to the software authors explaining your issues.
Tougher Than Leather
alright I got cocoasplit streaming but a major issue is what the stream looks like
any idea what causes this :/ ? cause I just can't go back to FME it's so bad hahaha
any width/height numbers not divisible by 4? e.g. you should use 320x240 not 321x240 or 322x240
Some of you might be happy about this: http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7736

OBS has been getting a major rewrite to get rid of the Windows-centric design and support multi platform.  Apparently the OpenGL component is already done.
HELLO!
Nice.

OBS isn't exactly polished but it's got an active community and that goes a long way.
Edit history:
HDL: 2013-12-01 09:38:32 am
Great news on the CT front.  The author has been making some great changes as per my requests.  Some include:

• CT remembers which windows were last open as well as their sizes (so you don't have to resize preview for instance).
  • It remembers the transition value you entered instead of reverting to 1 second.
  • Elements can be reordered when editing from the studio window.
  • Switching spaces doesn't revert selection resizing.

And several other things.  The biggest one (for me anyway) is that the scaling issue with PIP has finally been addressed.  The only caveat is that your source will be cropped if it exceeds CT's resolution.  But let's say you have it set to 480.  If you set your source window to 480 and then resize to exclude the title bar, it will fit neatly and can still be scaled with the slider without introducing any blur like before.  Compare the two images, where the 1st uses the "do not scale" option and the 2nd does not.  All other settings are identical.

Attachments:
HELLO!
I could never go back to  CamTwist. It just sucks up far too much CPU and gives too little framerate in return.
Edit history:
HDL: 2013-12-01 10:19:02 am
HDL: 2013-12-01 10:18:41 am
HDL: 2013-12-01 10:17:20 am
My Mac is 2 years old and CT has no trouble producing a butter smooth 60 fps.  Either you have old hardware or your stream quality settings are high.  There is nothing inherently bad with CT's frame rate as far as I can tell.
Edit history:
revenantkioku: 2014-01-31 10:40:28 pm
revenantkioku: 2014-01-31 09:24:21 pm
Quote from HDL:
Make sure "enable the Syphon server" is checked in preferences and you use Syphon in CocoaSplit.

Also CocoaSplit will not display your video at all until you actually click stream.  If you just want to test it without going live, uncheck your destination on the right and click stream.  Video should appear if you have preview enabled.

Woooooo! Thanks. I would have spent a lot of time fumbling around if it were not for this post.

----------

Hmm, but after a few minutes of playing the video on the stream just freezes. Audio is fine, but the video is just locked. Huh. Maybe that is just twitch, though.
Tougher Than Leather
any news on if anyone could get Llanfair running on the newest OS? it was the closest thing to WSplit I had
HELLO!
Llanfair works fine for me on the new OS.
torch slug since 2006
Quote from NASASoCal:
any news on if anyone could get Llanfair running on the newest OS? it was the closest thing to WSplit I had

make sure you have support for assistive devices set up properly. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6026
HELLO!
Oh that's right, you have to do that for a lot of things in Mavericks, because Apple put in that security feature.
HELLO!
I wrote a little Mac app last night that grabs HTTP Live Streaming URLs for Twitch streams, for playback in Quicktime Player (or VLC).  It's an easy little graphical thing.  You type the name of the stream, click Submit, then click Copy to get the HLS URL into your clipboard for pasting into Quicktime Player's Command-L dialog, or VLC's Command-N.

GrabTwitch: http://www.hakubi.us/grabtwitch/

Source (of most use to Unix users who can use the raw Python source): https://github.com/stevensmedia/GrabTwitch

It *is* all portable Python/Tkinter, so Unix or MS Windows users could use the raw source in some way, too.  But I leave that to others to package. Smiley

I have no idea where to put this post, new thread, what forum, whatever.  So I'm just putting it here for now since I've primarily packaged it as a Mac app bundle.
Tougher Than Leather
Quote from DJS:
Quote from NASASoCal:

make sure you have support for assistive devices set up properly. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6026

YOOO thank you so much thumbsup
Tougher Than Leather
has anyone ever ran a controller input viewer through wine? https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/ps3_controller_input_visualizer.html it's one thing i've been trying to figure out for a while now, even though winetricks has a dinput download (which is what the program runs through when on a PC) I can't seem to get it to recognize my controller, but Wine's gamepad setup thing recognizes my controller, if no one is interested in this I can just try and figure it out myself but i was just curious, if anyone else was interested
Edit history:
HDL: 2014-03-16 01:25:08 pm
I managed to get LiveSplit to run in Wine.  Unfortunately it's highly unstable and crashes frequently.

Developers in the speed run community really need to adopt cross-platform.

By the way, has anyone tried building OBS from the source on GitHub?  I followed the instructions but it results in a cmake error.

Attachment:
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2014-03-16 05:53:01 pm
HELLO!
I'm going to go ahead and wait for them to make a release of the new OBS.

Then again i'm not all that optimistic that the Blackmagic will work well with it anyway...
Intruding N313 and F014
Time Split Tracker runs in WINE.  This is how I have been using it for a long time since I still stream from my Mac.
torch slug since 2006
i dont really see how OBS could work right now with osx, even if you compile it yourself as it depends on a lot of DirectX stuff. i feel like it would error all over the place, which seems to happen.

btw on the subject of timers, can someone give me some hints on an algorithm for converting HH:MM:SS.XXX into milliseconds?
HELLO!
Quote from DJS:
i dont really see how OBS could work right now with osx, even if you compile it yourself as it depends on a lot of DirectX stuff. i feel like it would error all over the place, which seems to happen.

btw on the subject of timers, can someone give me some hints on an algorithm for converting HH:MM:SS.XXX into milliseconds?

OBS has been getting rewritten for months to be portable.
maybe something like:

- start with the value after the . (assuming it is 3 digits, otherwise make it 3 digits)
- add to that value SS*1000
- add to that value MM*1000*60
- add to that value HH*1000*60*60
torch slug since 2006
yup that seems to be right. awesome, nate! thank you!
Quote from dunnius:
Time Split Tracker runs in WINE.  This is how I have been using it for a long time since I still stream from my Mac.

I know, it was just out of curiosity to see if I could get other stuff to work too.
Tried to port LiveSplit in wine, "crashed due to an unknown cause" independent from the kind of port. Could someone send me a working port?