Smiley
Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
So you're saying you can comprehend the majesty of the almighty Muffin Button?  I don't believe you.  It is beyond the human mind.
DS Dictator
The Big Push Plays 2013
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from AlecK47:
The Big Push 2013: Mystery of the Muffin Button

I wonder if you get the muffin button idea from from the same place I know it from... Push a button, get a muffin. Even though it was never installed...
Final Fantasy VII Fanatic
Quote from Heidrage:
Quote from AlecK47:

I wonder if you get the muffin button idea from from the same place I know it from... Push a button, get a muffin. Even though it was never installed...

You are thinking correct, even in my final moments I would push the muffin button.
Lord Of The Beards
Quote from Neohart:
Quote from Heidrage:
Quote from AlecK47:

You are thinking correct, even in my final moments I would push the muffin button.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
With the Big Push 2013 posted i noticed something wrong about one of the pages that was updated. I noticed that on the page for pokemon snap ---> ss100% main page & ss100% demo.pl page both link the video files/flash to the single segment any% run.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from zastbat:
Quote from Neohart:
Quote from Heidrage:
Quote from AlecK47:

Yall are my star pupils Smiley
Final Fantasy VII Fanatic
Quote from Heidrage:
Quote from zastbat:
Quote from Neohart:
Quote from Heidrage:
Quote from AlecK47:

Yall are my star pupils Smiley

As the planet explodes.
Quote from Strongfox:
With the Big Push 2013 posted i noticed something wrong about one of the pages that was updated. I noticed that on the page for pokemon snap ---> ss100% main page & ss100% demo.pl page both link the video files/flash to the single segment any% run.

and the audio is off too
I'm curious, how many runs are currently in the queue/at Ready for Update? It'll be interesting to see how much lower it gets by the time The Big Push has ended.
SEGA Junkie
UA posted some numbers here (they're about three weeks old, but close enough).
Not a walrus
Quick summary for comparison to those old numbers:

Ready To Post: 35
Might Be Ready To Post: 44
Past Verification But Not Encoded Yet: 42
Being Verified: 32
Waiting On Verification Files: 37
Needs Verifiers: 20

Total Processing: 216
love how no matter how hard we try when we give people info about what's in the queue it's always omfg misleading. like for example take "past verification but not encoded yet." at first glance it seems like i have 42 runs i need to encode. the actual number is closer to 4 right now. and the fun doesn't stop there. most of those 42 runs i won't have to touch even when they reach me because they're already encoded (by their creators). so what's holding them up? who knows! (of course i know but i don't see the point in explaining it for the 323892892389th time.) it's just a web of dependencies and single line descriptions don't cut it. anyway i guess what i'm saying is that you should be grateful for ua giving out these stats but be very careful when you interpret them. probably the only useful measure is something like parax was saying ... how many runs were waiting *only* on sda staff on 1 april and what will that number be on 1 may? i already know that it's going to be hella, but time will tell just how hella.
Not a walrus
Yeah, I kinda explained that in the post I made in the other thread that the numbers are a bit hard to interpret because there's a variety of reasons they might be stuck somewhere that we have no control over, so don't read into those numbers other than "this is the workload we have to deal with".
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Quote from UraniumAnchor:

Exact this feature was for a long time available near to the 'gamelist' page. But for 1 or 2 years I can not find this page anymore.

Why was the page removed ?
Exoray
It wasn't accurate information and people were just drawing the wrong conclusions about it (like what nate mentions above) so we just removed it.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Paraxade:
I'm curious, how many runs are currently in the queue/at Ready for Update? It'll be interesting to see how much lower it gets by the time The Big Push has ended.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Quick summary for comparison to those old numbers:

Quote from nate:
snip.

So ready to post is basically the one number we might be interested in, maybe also the 'might be ready to post'. But aside from the questions of 'how many are there now?' and 'how many will there be on the 1st of May?', I feel that 'how many jumped into "Ready to post" during the month of April?' is another important question (however it's hard to answer by these raw numbers here).

Also, maybe 'Past Verification But Not Encoded Yet' might be better termed 'Verified, but final file versions not in the hands of SDA'? That's kinda what I read out of Nate's post and UA's old statistics.
it's not. for example maybe we don't know what the run's time is. maybe we don't have some of the content that goes with the run such as its comments, screenshots from the game, the game's release date, its short description (that goes at the top of the game's page), etc. though that does happen sometimes, that people only submit the hq for verification and we don't know if the mq and lq are supposed to be encoded from it or if people wanted to submit mq and lq themselves. sometimes it takes months for people to get around to sending us the files. then there's my "favorite" that just happened a few hours ago which is a run makes it through verification that was supposed to have audio commentary but it was never recorded. bonus points if it's a 5 hour long d1 f1 run that takes the better part of a day for me to encode and then i have to do it all over again because the little "audio commentary on track 2" is missing on the statid.

but that's just a sampling. basically when people lecture me they have no idea what they are talking about. it would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic, like this desire to talk about things people don't understand as though they had done it all before. sda is really an incredible machine and i appreciate people who know that they don't know and take part in a positive way, just letting the people on the inside do our jobs.
1-Up!
Basically the number to care about is number of runs post-verification. That's the perceivable "backlog." All submissions steps prior to verification are almost entirely out of our hands (people offering to verify, verifiers verifying, runners torrenting etc).

Past verification, things are technically more in our control, but we are still at the mercy of the runners to take care of their business (as stated above), or provide us with accurate information.

In UA's post in the other thread, the number of runs post-verification was 128. Now after Vorpal's update it's 121. My ultimate goal for The Big Push is to get this number as low as possible. Somewhat arbitrarily, I think 20 would be a good goal.

Speaking of goals, my plan was to come back and edit the first post of this thread with all of these numbers and discussions similar to this but I forgot to. If I have a chance today I'll try and whip that up.
HELLO!
Question: you guys are still creating pages by hand for each game and each run, right?
correct.

those days are numbered.
Not a walrus
Quote from moooh:
It wasn't accurate information and people were just drawing the wrong conclusions about it (like what nate mentions above) so we just removed it.

Also it was annoying to keep updated.
Edit history:
Onin: 2013-04-05 05:26:32 pm
Out of curiocity, is there any point at which a pre-verified run that seems stuck in the system (ie submitter never torrents it over) is 'cancelled'? Like, my verification queue has a run whose status hasn't changed for months (and from reading the run comments I don't even think it'd be a good one <.<), I wonder if it's gonna stay there forever or will be removed eventually.
Not a walrus
The rule we go by these days is if the runner goes for more than three months without contacting us with their files (or telling us they're having trouble, etc), we'll cancel the submission so that it doesn't clutter things up. It's not a hard rule, and it's up to Flip ultimately.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
So many new games being featured every other day.  Here's to hoping that we hit 853 games in the library before the end of the Big Push!  Even if we don't, I hope we get close enough to it!