Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Ready To Post: 35
Might Be Ready To Post: 13
Past Verification But Not Encoded Yet: 52
Being Verified: 22
Waiting On Verification Files: 26
Needs Verifiers: 21

Total Processing: 175

The main reason the "Past Verification" number went up so much is because 28(!) runs got accepted between the 4th and today (that's over 2 runs per day!). I expect a large clump of those to go into "Might Be Ready" very soon.

18 runs submitted so far this month, by the way.

May 1
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Ready To Post: 8
Might Be Ready To Post: 12
Past Verification But Not Encoded Yet: 40
Being Verified: 25
Waiting On Verification Files: 21
Waiting on Run Comments: 6
Needs Verifiers: 16

Total Processing: 124

Total runs submitted in April: 36

Total runs accepted in April: 52

Total runs rejected in April: 5

Total runs posted in in April: 126

Post-verification numbers went from 121->100->60 (we started at 130). Also, worth mentioning is that it's OK for "Past Verification But Not Encoded Yet" to be the biggest number because it encompasses the most steps (Timing, Game Pages, Encoding). Not uncommon for runs to get stuck in that area too, particularly Encoding when they say they encoded themselves but they haven't sent us all of the qualities. Runs that nate needs to encode actually go quite quickly, along with runs that are properly encoded. The ones that take the longest are the self-encoded runs that have incorrect StatIDs or are missing pieces.
Great job guys, those numbers are looking really nice thumbsup .
Edit history:
Patrick: 2013-05-03 04:20:09 pm
Patrick: 2013-05-03 04:19:18 pm
Patrick: 2013-05-03 09:42:39 am
Patrick: 2013-05-03 09:41:35 am
I agree. :-) And IMO the Big Push Overtime didn't get the hype it deserves. :-D
Are there plans for the future? Like 'publish <number of runs accepted last or whatever month>+1/X * <backlog> for the next X months'. Or 'get rid of most of the backlog in X months'.
1-Up!
Quote from freakypaddy:
I agree. :-) And IMO the Big Push Overtime didn't get the hype it deserves. :-D
Are there plans for the future? Like 'publish <number of runs accepted last or whatever month>+1/X * <backlog> for the next X months'. Or 'get rid done with most of the backlog in X months'.

Not exactly your point, but I want to mention that a backlog of 0 isn't necessarily a good thing. If we have a backlog of 0 then we will have to tolerate patches of time without updates simply because nothing is ready to update. The ideal situation is to keep the backlog consistently within a range that guarantees these two conditions-

1) We always have runs to post, hopefully with slightly smaller updates so that each run can get a bit more attention.
2) Runs that are verified are posted within a reasonable amount of time.

After runs are verified they have to be timed, the game page has to be generated, they have to be encoded (or we have to verify that they are self-encoded AND we have all the necessary qualities), and then they have to pass through Pre-release Check to ensure that everything about the video is in order. This means that runs have to "change hands" many times after verification before they're ready to post, so we want to maintain a steady flow of runs while still working to process runs and get them through the system and ready to post as fast as possible.

At the beginning of the month, I said that 20-30 was a good goal to shoot for in terms of our long-term-sustainable backlog. Ideally our goal is to get there as fast as possible. Once we get there we'll be able to tell if a backlog of that size satisfies condition #2 above. If runs are taking longer to post after verification than we want, I imagine we'll raise production to push it lower until condition #2 is satisfied.
Haters gonna hate
Quote from Flip:
Pre-release Check

I think something needs to be said here:  at one point or another everybody on staff laments about how it's a thankless job, but no one who does work for the site has more right to this claim than the PRC group.  I'm willing to bet most visitors to SDA don't know this group exists, and less know who they are, and they have been busting their asses this month + making sure we have stuff to post.  So shout outs to the Prerelease Checkers, new and old, you've done a great job through this big push.  It's much appreciated.
1-Up!
Quote from Breakdown:
Quote from Flip:
Pre-release Check

I think something needs to be said here:  at one point or another everybody on staff laments about how it's a thankless job, but no one who does work for the site has more right to this claim than the PRC group.  I'm willing to bet most visitors to SDA don't know this group exists, and less know who they are, and they have been busting their asses this month + making sure we have stuff to post.  So shout outs to the Prerelease Checkers, new and old, you've done a great job through this big push.  It's much appreciated.

Good point. Seconding this so hard.
Runs: FCP, FC3, XWA, HD1-2, KotOR1-2
So the big push has concluded today. Kudos to the crew for sticking with the plan to empty the queue! You did it.

Smiley