<- 1  -   of 23 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
and i'm proud.
boss
Just dropping by to say how entertaining the run was. Good job.
Haha, RJ you should compete with my qwark vidcomic runs if/when you get a copy of UYA as well. It feels dumb having the whole table.
two rows of links on main page pretty nifty
I would try :p
And the 100% of the levels.
I found a way to skip the first stage (Giant Clank portion) of the Drek battle.
Simply wrench climb over the barriers, and use a few decoys to distract the mob of enemies in the area before.  (this is right after the third continue point)
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Wrench-climb? Either you're confusing this with the second game or there's a trick many of us aren't aware of.
No you can wrench climb in all of the ratchet and clanks..its where you jump and swing your wrench and then jump again. and you can repeat this to get up certain sloped walls.
Quote from tenfoLd:
No you can wrench climb in all of the ratchet and clanks..its where you jump and swing your wrench and then jump again. and you can repeat this to get up certain sloped walls.

Exactly, I was trying to skip to one of the later Drek arena using this inconjunction with gliding, but was unable to go the distance.  I was able to decoy glitch through an invisible wall to get to the outside of the 'reflector dish' and wrench climb to the top of it.
Hello guys, i know it has been a while since there was a post in this thread, but i would like to share my findings for Veldin (the second time ofc).  With my path, i can hit Drek from my ship within 2 minutes and about 20 seconds.  With this, you also skip the Giant Clank fight, but in a much easier and faster way.

part 1

After experimenting with jumps a little, i found out this nice little trick.  You can leap across the gorge right away by slope-intercepting off of the branch sticking out.  It is also possible to make this jump with a wrench dive at the end and land on the map, but it is much more difficult.  Making this jump is more about distance than precision.  The second jump is extremely easy, all you have to do is make sure to blaster the boxes on the way up because they are close to the edge.  (thinking about it now, you might be able to jump off the stack of 2 boxes and make the jump without grabbing the ledge).  The boxes are not there in my video because it was not my first time though.  You need to grab the ledge to the far right where there are no rocks sticking out from the side of the map.  The rocks will prevent you from holding on.  The rest is just normal path except you have 1 more nanotech because you did not have to fight one of the tanks.

part 2

This part is brand new to me, i found it yesterday.  At first i was trying to decoy clip through the wall, but this proved very hard because the wall is thicker than your decoys.  Decoy clipping is possible for this trick.  There are actually many ways to get into this golden bolt room.  I have done about 4 so far, and the one i am showing is the most consistent.  You just have to be confident with your gliding because the ledge will drop you if you climb to high on it.  Other than that, this is just a little practice knowing where the room is. 

For the ghost ratchet segment, you will see that ratchets feet go into the lava before swingshoting out.  This lava is similar to the mud on Umbris because it gives you ghost ratchet.  From there, you just long jump your way to Drek.  Important to note is that you do no trigger the Drek checkpoint until his HP bar shows up, so do not death abuse before then.  Also, you can kill Drek with ghost ratchet still going but it is risky.  On the final platform, i have fallen though the map and died for no reason with ghost ratchet still active. 

Thanks for reading and i hope you all enjoy my new route for Veldin.  The last thing i want to say is that with this path, we have almost eliminated the need for the hydro-displacer.  New Game + may now be done without it with a decoy clip on Rilgar, but regular any% still needs it (for now).  Getting past Rilgar without hydro-displacer is my next goal. 
Edit history:
Linkinito: 2013-01-13 04:24:26 am
This is my avatar
That's nice glitches you have found here.

Btw... Trying to find a way to get through Rilgar without Hydrodisplacer? Check this:
Edit history:
Orchisawesome: 2013-01-13 11:13:07 am
Orchisawesome: 2013-01-13 11:12:45 am
Hey, I made the video above (hydrodisplacer skip). Sadly, that is NG+ only- since you only get goodies menu after you beat the game. It's a difficult trick- you have to use in-level movie very precisely, and it's about only 1-2 seconds margin that you're deep enough to drop down. Then, you have to know where the button is, so you don't drown before you get there lol. Credits goes to a youtube video by Beautytechno- I'm not sure if he discovered it, but it was on his channel.

I do NG+ speedruns (significantly faster than agdq one lol, that was so bad). Currently, my pb/wr is 1:04:24.50, and I made shitload of mistakes and I can expect to get sub 1 shortly.

Klasida, you made pretty nice Veldin optimizations- I was aware of ghost ratchet drek 1st phase skip, but not others. I've never had an issue with ghosted ratchet fighting Drek. In the other note, I've been trying to find Drek skip, however when I get to final boss island, the button isn't pushed up. I really don't think that it's possible to skip him at all. Sad

I would like to present new trick- skip Aridia and trespasser which saves roughly 5 mins. This is also possible in any%, however you misses out loads of bolts- I still think that it's worthwhile to skip it in any% and get extra bolts from monsters instead of, or you could ghost ratchet in Umbris for gold bolt room with loads of bolts. This brings us to 2 planets and 2 gadgets skipped for any% ng+ speedruns, and 2/1 respectively for any%.

59:06 and 1:01:04 in the video for trespasser skips with S-I on Veldin.

I also optimized Snarglebeast skip to be much faster compared to the agdq run- 17:09
Made Quartu seam hover ALOT easier with swingshoot, oh and, you can use devastor to kill guard instead of using decoy glove because fuck decoy glove (I was using taunter because, I managed to make guard aggressive with taunter in other run, but it didn't work for some reason- needs to be looked into)- 52:12
You don't need decoy glove to skip ship fighting part on Drek's vessel and is 1 second faster than decoy glove (Beautytechno's discovery too)- 56:17

I'm confident that any% ng+ can be low 50's and any% can be barely sub 1.
This is my avatar
Ok, I'm pretty sure the Rilgar skip is possible in NG.

Managed to get underwater without using the Goodies menu, however this is very inconsistent and limited to one precise spot. Also didn't test it without O2 Mask. I could be short on  oxygen or on distance :/

But anyway this would clearly crush the record.
I found the Hydro-displacer skip on Rilgar for a regular game! 
[url]

[/url]

I was trying to jump up the wall to get up there when i fell and found this neat little spot.  If you fall at the correct spot, it forces ratchet underwater, thus saving you from the fish.  Then you just swim and glide.  Make sure you catch the water because otherwise you fall.  Make your way into the water trap section and then swim towards the gold bolt room.  For some reason the water glitches and sends you to the top of the map.  All that is left is aiming ratchet as you fall.  You do not need to glide or anything to hit the right spot, just remember that to cancel out of bounds swimming, you need to dive down then swim up. 
Edit history:
Klasida: 2013-01-14 04:30:16 pm
Klasida: 2013-01-14 04:28:19 pm
Klasida: 2013-01-14 04:26:25 pm
I also found that the trespasser is quite useless in NG+.  Without the need for the hydro-displacer anymore, the only spot you actually need it WAS the first laser door on Veldin, but after about 3 seconds of looking, it became obvious that you can use the heli-pack to slope-intercept jump right over using the rocks to the right.  I wont do a video because it takes like 5 seconds to find, i trust you to see it lol.  This is a NG+ strat for me at least because you need to kill the ship that stands by the door so you have enough time to complete the jump.  (just looked at your video and that was what i found too)

I played a NG+ today just for fun and had 1:02 game time and that was with quite a bit of mistakes.
Edit history:
Orchisawesome: 2013-01-14 04:32:08 pm
Nice Klasida! I don't think that you optimized the skip though- you keep swimming out of bounds. If there is no water, do not surface (swim up) because you will keep swimming. So, you possibly could emulate my NG+ skip which is much faster. I'm fairly sure that you can swim toward the elevator and glide from there in that distance. With Trespasser skip, hydrodisplacer skip, no decoy gloves, ghost ratchet, and optimized veldin, we probably can expect sub 1 hour Ratchet and Clank any% run now.

I do have a question though- I managed to get to drek on a file with just blaster and bomb glove, and Drek didn't spawn any ammo crates! I was stuck there. So, I went ahead and got suck cannon, nope, no ammo and suck cannon is dreadfully slow. Do you need 3 weapons with ammo to get ammo crates at Drek battle?

If my hypothesis that you need 3 ammo weapons to obtain ammo crates, then we could modify to bomb glove, blaster, and devastor. However, if we're feeling stingy, we could use bomb glove, blaster, and pyromanticor.

Other thing that I need to test- taunter in Quartu- I don't understand why it failed when I did my run, yet succeed in my any% run. Looks like I'll have to get a file up to that point and try taunter- might be precise camera/location.

Any thoughts Klasida? Oh and, that run was 1:02 with 2 mins on race file, so it was close Smiley . We should race or something soon.
Edit history:
Klasida: 2013-01-14 04:51:23 pm
Yeah, you need 3 weapons to spawn ammo crates in the drek fight.  Devastator would be faster, but also sets us back to all that bolt farming =(.  I just found my Rilgar a day or so ago obviously.  Ive tried a lot of things and this was the best so far.  Swimming to the Elevator at the end of the water trap does not work very well.  If you swim directly at it, you get dropped down to the level of water at the start of the water trap.  This works a lot like when you fly up to the top of the map except you go down.  The way around it is to swim off to the side and then glide into the low part of the shaft just before the elevator, but this is actually ~ the same time if not a few seconds slower than falling from the sky (plus it just looks really cool!) 

Anyway, i JUST watched yours and it works great.  We basically have the same thing (as far as underwater) other than you used the goodies menu to glitch it.  Its the same spot, just look for the rock that forces you under.  I like it a lot though.  I guess i never tried swimming around like that, i just figured i wouldn't get anywhere before my breath ran out.  Good on you. 
Ok so, if I can figure out the taunter thing, then we can use bomb glove, blaster, pyro (can be useful on uh.... orbit? with that required fight), and taunter (5k bolts, opposed to 7.5k for decoy gloves). With trespasser skip, we would be cut back by a lot of bolts, so I guess, pyro is a decent choice. 3 weapons with suck cannon doesn't work sadly (you can easily use long jump and get it with jet pack in 20 seconds).

Even so, we're still short by 2k bolts or so compared to the any% on sda. I think that going through Umbris gold bolt room (ghosted) gives us 1k extra bolts or so. Then, we can kill some more stuff for additonal bolts I guess... You don't need pyro until drek's fight, so that gives us breathing room.
yeah, the rooms in Drek's Fleet have a lot of boxes that I usually ignore because there is no more need for bolts.  I'm sure that you can just pick up the pyro at the shop just before Drek easily enough.  Can you get though the Quartu door without Devastator?  I have always done decoy glove.  I saw your NG+ video and it seemed inconsistent and that was with the golden one. 
Edit history:
Orchisawesome: 2013-01-14 05:36:26 pm
I have managed to get through the door with a taunter. I didn't manage to repeat it in my recent run. Like I said in my previous post, I'll investigate it further. As for Devastator- if the normal form has the blast radius that's large enough, then we can just sub decoy gloves for dev and farm extra 2.5k bolts and have one of the best weapon in R&C.
agreed, less bolts means faster runs. 
Edit history:
Orchisawesome: 2013-01-14 05:49:55 pm
I'm still not sure if pyro+taunter is faster than Devastator. With Devastator, you have advantage of doing Drek's vessel very quickly and Drek definitely would go down much faster with Devastator. At price of spending slightly more time farming bolts (killing some more of these frogs in Blarg, maybe even the robots on Euroda, Gaspar, and Orxon) possibly would be worth it.
I was just asking about it because of what i saw, i don't really want a devastator lol.  I would play through with just a bomb glove if i could kill that helicopter in Hoven with it.  I'm just curious about the Quartu door because i have not seen it done without a decoy before.  I'm also having trouble with the out of bounds in Drek's fleet.  Any tips on getting off of the platform without falling through the floor?
Edit history:
Orchisawesome: 2013-01-14 06:09:41 pm
Don't stop pressing your analogue stick- as soon as you stop moving, you go back to normal. Go right side, then go to uppermost left corner, then stop moving. Then, do a jump-thrust, then you should land ontop of the roof. Be sure to practice the trick a bit- there's shitload of invisible walls and stuff, be sure that you're familiar with it before attempting in runs.

edit: Other advantage of Dev- you can shoot down the ship before trespasser in Veldin 2. I'm pretty sure that farm bolting is worthwhile to skip Aridia and mission on Novalis.
Edit history:
Klasida: 2013-01-14 06:52:27 pm
Is there something i am missing on the Drek's fleet trick?  I am just immediately flipping back over upon touching the orange lip on the floor.  Is there a specific spot i need to walk on?  I keep watching your video and trying to copy it but no joy.  Maybe version difference?  I'm on NTSC greatest hits.  It looks simple enough (at least the part i can't get past). 
Edit history:
Orchisawesome: 2013-01-14 07:41:24 pm
I'm on NTSC collection (ps3). In my version, when you stop moving, you flip back. You should be able to walk and not flip back. You could be trying to walk off too early- wait until the pad stop moving and make sure that there's no obstacle between pad and non-magnetized portion. *note* I got this trick from a video of original r&c game- not sure if it was greatest hit or not.