Sad
<- 1  -   of 23 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
two rows of links on main page pretty nifty
Nearly done, just the 14 and 15 segments are real pains. And I've been ADD-d off to other games.
Edit history:
RJWaters2: 2008-07-24 04:34:05 pm
I finished a much better segment 13, and after much frustration, a segment 14.  Veldin is all that remains and 1:10 looks possible again.
Long live SF64!
Sounds awesome dude - I wasn't sure if you'd make it or not!  I do realize that Veldin might very well be one of the hardest segments, but hopefully it won't take too long for you to master after coming this far.

Good Luck!
Thanks.  Hardest part to survive...the dropships >.>

The problem I've got for the segment is my blaster is empty, emptied in seg 13 and got no ammo since.  I'll have to fill it up at a vendor to survive the tanks.  Not wasting much time as I'd fill it up before the Drek fight anyway.  Hopefully I can fill most of it and not need to before Drek.
Double, post.

Segment 15 done.  Not as hard as I'd remembered, I think it's harder to survive going fast on Kalebo III or Umbris >.>  Granted I death-abused for life refill.  Had to buy blaster ammo beforehand, but don't need to again.

Just Drek left, the fastest way to do it would be manipulate Blaster ammo spawns and keep everything else below 80% ammo capacity... but with flying ammo after every arena, that can't happen.  I'll have to unload bomb glove ammo when he's using the circle bombs.  If I could constantly use Blaster, I'd get 1:10.  Also I can trick the system by standing on the launch button during countdowns, sometimes emptying another health before pushing the button.  With optimization, may get lower time.
Hot damn triple post!

Finished.  And I'll defend this record to the death if need be.  16 segments + ending(s?) any% one-boss run.  For those looking to beat this, get/use the decoy glove as soon as possible and use Psonar's ghost Ratchet.

The disk space on the DVD ran out mid-credits, so I switched to other disk space as soon as I could, but both endings are completely there.  Final stats: 0 gold bolts, 0 gold weapons, 1 skill point.  I think I got the one for perfect rail-grinding on Battalia.  The endings probably won't go onto the SDA anyhow.  Saved right before the impact on the button to end the game, 1:11.  I am thoroughly pleased, as I'm sure you all will be.
give me your eyes!!!
Fantastic! I'm really looking forward to seeing this game run properly. Can't say anything else until I view your efforts so get submitting!
This is my avatar
Hell yeah, can't wait to see it!

And also, my own Ratchet: Deadlocked SS run is now sent! The verifiers should have it in some days Grin
Long live SF64!
Woohoo!!!

Awesome job dude! Now I've just got to put it out of my mind for a few weeks so that I don't get too impatient during submission process... oh and get to writing those comments!

Can't wait to see it... Congrats dude
YES, way to go. I am deeply impressed by this accomplishment.
THE GAME!!
1:11!? Good on ya mate!!
Nice, I'm looking forward to it.
give me your eyes!!!
I wasn't keeping up to date with the topic but it can't hurt to reiterate; have you considered an audio commentary? There should be plenty to talk about and finding out anything new would be great, and especially personally since I failed a run during verification so seeing something that's improved and brings something else new too would be much appreciated!
Edit history:
RJWaters2: 2008-07-29 05:06:00 pm
Thanks all.

I actually didn't even think about audio commentary actually, slipped my mind.  I'd like to, but I can't even watch own run at the moment to write commentary (for segments 9 and 10, Pokitaru and Orxon as Ratchet).  Disk troubles.  Definitely in the future for the tl;dr-ness of the run comments so far >...>

Update: Disk info being sent over torrent.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Awesome job.  I've never really followed Ratchet and Clank, but I followed Psonar in here and read up on your progress.  Looking forward to this run!
(user is banned)
Yes Mario Riding A Pole
Cant wait to see if it ever gets on sda.  I does not mater who does it but only if its on sda.  I would watch it over and over.
Oh snap sorry it'll be on Youtube.  Sad
THE GAME!!
Alright! The run's on SDA!!!
!
This post has inspired me to start R&C2 with major skips run somethetime soon.
Nice. If I ever get my DVD recorder, I still plan to break the hell out of UYA. I'll probably do a challenge mode run first because of the sheer number of breaks I've found that can be implemented early game.
Edit history:
CannibalK9: 2008-09-11 06:19:06 pm
give me your eyes!!!
I'm halfway through, damn fine job so far RJ! It's so much fun seeing a game that seemed so solid being broken in small but imaginative ways. Loved the boss fights and those 4000 bolts were epically close.

The second game is going to be fun, and I'd especially like to see the third game get the same treatment, my run needs some obsoletion so good luck tenfold!
Do others get an audio sync problem?
I wouldn't mind competing TenfoLd's run waaay down the line (don't have a copy of R&CIII)
audio desync is sometimes a sign that your computer can't handle the quality you are watching (this is assuming i didn't screw it up).
The High Quality version lags terribly in VLC but plays fine in MPlayer. Go figure.

I am extremely impressed. I had no idea this game could be broken so much for a PS2 title. I'd go and try some of the skips, but my PS2 is on lend somewhere. A+
Uploading the IQ files to Youtube caused major desync.