--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Wnbeser: 2015-03-25 06:11:32 pm
Quote from Ikewolf:
Hi, sorry for no posting before. Just came into the speedruns (1 week ago with ori) and im not familiar with the community yet. Hope ill know all of you soon :3

More important thing : just found this : http://www.twitch.tv/ikewolf/c/6399510

(R3 skip no charge jump)

The strangest thing here is that i tried this now over 100 times and couldn't get it single time and my projectile has always been closer to the lava stream
there's something strange going on here that i don't understand cause the projectile cant be to close to the lava or is this trick reliant on ori's position not the projectile ?
Edit history:
Ikewolf: 2015-03-25 06:24:49 pm
Ikewolf: 2015-03-25 06:24:29 pm
Ikewolf: 2015-03-25 06:13:58 pm
Yea generaly when the projectile is too close this will fail. The way it works better for me is ori being on the top of the projectile and not to close from the lava (+ I always do the speedboost out of bash dunno if that changes anything)

EDIT : found some interesting stuff when i was trying to leave R4 without soft lock. If you go trough the door while the 1st cutscene triggers it ends all cutscenes immediatly. Dunno if it would be useful in other places
Edit history:
Wnbeser: 2015-03-25 06:26:02 pm
Okay i think i get this now before the bash there is some amount of time you don't have invulnerability frames and depending on where ori is makes this trick possible or not see the white line that bash draws.
Quote from Onin:
Quote from plague006:
In the google doc there's a point listed:
Quote:
Duplicate Keystones Glitch
Die while placing stones in the door, when you respawn they return to your inventory

That's not accurate though is it? From my testing they don't duplicate, the world is simply reverts back to the save.

It happened to someone during his run. Then we spent an hour trying to replicate it and failing repeatedly. Seems to be an extremely rare glitch, don't worry about it.

Do you have any footage of it ? I was thinking it was maybe because of the "crouch glitch" but I can't get it.
I don't remember who it happened to, sorry.
No problem Onin.
That would be cool if we know how to do it though , that's a shame if we ignore a glitch like this one haha!
Hey yall, just wanted to introduce myself. I stream on twitch and I should be running Ori here soon. I don't have much to add to the glitches conversations that isn't already posted or being done already. The one thing I did have happen to me that I haven't seen anybody else say is - immediately after I got the stomp upgrade I used the left exit back to the water below, like the current any%. However when I did the damage boost to gain distance I noticed I was already really close to where I could stomp straight down into the water. So I did, but I hit it early. The result was that I hit the spike wall, with stomp active, while I was on damage invul. Which created that weird effect where you can slide down a wall very fast with stomp, except that whole wall is spikes and it didn't damage me even after my invul went away. Sorry if this post is long, but I wasn't recording when this happened.

When I do stream it will be here - twitch.tv/vincentx9

I love the work that you're all doing to make the speedrun of this game what it is Smiley The run seems like a lot of fun so far, thanks for being awesome Smiley

Who want a new hard trick to practice? Tongue

It's possible to skip a fragment door in the Ginso Tree , which means that you can keep 2 or 4 fragments door for later ... But I really don't know if that glitch is worth a try in a SS run.
Dude.

Keeping 2 fragments means you can skip the entire underwater section before Smash. That's massive.
The cake is a lie
Now it could be interesting to know how you do this Tongue Watching your video, I litteraly have no idea what you're doing.
Onin : I know , but that part can be done very quickly and you still need to go underwater to break the ceiling , that's why I am not sure how much time it can save.

Gyoo : At first , you need to clip the wall by jumping once you go in the portal. It's an easy part.
Then , you need to walljump outside the map , the camera can be annoying here.
Once you reach the top , you need to walljump in a very specific spot , it's the hardest part of the glitch. You also need to be careful to not go too far to the right because the game will respawns you at the latest save spot *like always*

EDIT: It was done without the "crouch glitch"
Welp, there's a chance to softlock it: http://i.imgur.com/1NGaJL2.png
Yes haha! You have to reset Tongue
The cake is a lie
Ok so that's definitely not a thing I'll do soon Tongue I have easier timesaves to get everywhere already ^^
Skipping the underwater keystones would save 40-45 seconds. Should keep in mind that you also skip a room in Ginso doing it. So if you can hit the skip within that time, it's a time saver.

The underwater part you still have to do, also takes like 40 seconds. Which means it may be worth looking into that early frog break Grokken did once? May not be worth it.

In other news, I clocked in a 53:56 run. I think it's the first run using the tree core skip (though I kinda fumbled the setup a lot), so if you're interested in how I go about routing that, skip to ~22 minutes.
Improved my 100% time to 1:31:26. Some really silly mistakes that add to about 1 minute + some not so optimal movement & 3 deaths. Then again other places had crazy lucky movement.
Also tried some new routing stuff this time that I forgot to go through at some places. But now I realize sub 1:30 requires a close to perfect run. There's probably better routing still to be done as well.

@MilsTailsPower That's a cool skip. Does it work only for those two portals or can it be done on other portals that are vertical as well ?
Only managed to glitch here , dunno if it's possible somewhere else.
I did a 25 times Horu left skip run it might be useful for learning the trick.

Quote from Onin:
The underwater part you still have to do, also takes like 40 seconds. Which means it may be worth looking into that early frog break Grokken did once? May not be worth it.

This frog break?

Yeah, something like that Tongue
Quote from Wnbeser:

Little question because you can't see this in the video. Do you do a speeddash (like in speedgliding) or do you bash normaly and hold the input all the time. Also if you tested it what gives you better results?
from my experience it doesn't change anything Evooki
Quote from Evooki:
Quote from Wnbeser:

Little question because you can't see this in the video. Do you do a speeddash (like in speedgliding) or do you bash normaly and hold the input all the time. Also if you tested it what gives you better results?

No i actually dont and i dont think it is relevant here cause i don't think you have control over at all Ori when its invulnerable.
So Ikewolf was able to get R3 Climbless skip twice more today on stream, so I've uploaded frame-by-frame images of all three successes so that hopefully someone smart can figure out what might be important and what isn't. Quality isn't too great,

Attempt 1

Album: http://imgur.com/a/zE0ir
1FPS webm: http://webmshare.com/V6Z1j

Attempt 2

Album: http://imgur.com/a/mcDzb
1FPS webm: http://webmshare.com/qonJQ

Attempt 3

Album: http://imgur.com/a/B4rkx
1FPS webm: http://webmshare.com/34Wxr

Attempts 2 and 3 look almost identical, so there's that, so that at least seems to suggest a specific method may exist. All have Ori positioned quite close to the lava (though that range seems quite large, you can't be too far, but you can get really close) and Ori is positioned above the projectile (rather than below or to the side). Ori is also generally pointing to the little dip in the wall to the bottom.

I have a weird unsubstantiated hunch that Bash would require some sort of "look-ahead" calculation to prevent Ori from teleporting into walls and stuff and being generally buggy, I feel like this may result in Bash variations when there is a wall nearby to the destination. Hence, I feel that the target position (as long as you are close enough) may be the key. The exact trajectory may also vary based on your position relative to the thing you are bashing from, though I feel like more data would be required to make anything of this. I feel like Bash is a very "dangerous" technique to include from a programming point of view, so it may have a lot of weird edge case behaviour introduced to avoid bugs/glitches.
Edit history:
irish_00: 2015-03-26 06:11:23 pm
irish_00: 2015-03-26 06:08:53 pm
okay, guise
I am at loss - 10 hours and just 3-5 successful attemps with "iceless" (new name is definitely needed).
do you have to aim for 1 or 2 ( http://i.imgur.com/WKUNzkl.png ) because I cant even get climb animation at 2. just feel like I cant reach it.
the only times when I actually managed to pull this trick off was when I was going mad and just spammed w/o thinking Shocked

also question about jump spamming - should I start it immediately after the turn or with a small delay?