--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hey Ho Let's Go
Sweet demo from Peter!
gött mos
OpenGL: the windowjump in e3m1 is possible on nightmare. But to exit with >50 health will be hard as hell. I guess thats why its called nightmare skill Wink
Thunderbolt Forever :)
Quote:
But to exit with >50 health will be hard as hell.
So, another way is to leave Markus' e3m1_025 but use a different e3m2_018 with less damage...

It seems that e3m1_024 is possible with a help of some grunts, but exitting with <50 health of course. If there's enough healthy e3m2_018, it may fit...
Hey Ho Let's Go
There's a e3m2_018 (it's even a .1) which exits with 100 health.
Quote:
There's a e3m2_018 (it's even a .1) which exits with 100 health.
Excellent Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
what about start recording e3m2 with just 50 hp? so whoever likes to try for e3m1 in 24 can go working on it without worrying about being unusable.
Mumma
I guess you'll find it hard to persuade anyone into doing that since 17 would also be an SDA record.

And besides, there's no point really since there wouldn't be any difference in health pickups after we demorelise the demo.
Hey Ho Let's Go
New demo: e1m5_014

http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/projects/qdqwavp2/
omg! wtf?
just wow! great, great demo Shocked

(you forgot to modify the totals: 11:48 and 36)
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
just wow! great, great demo Shocked

(you forgot to modify the totals: 11:48 and 36)

Err, no... Robert got the same time as Sergi... i.e. there's no need to modify the totals.
what's the deal with a newer 14? better stats?
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:

...have a look at the project page before you ask in here  Wink
Quote:

Err, no... Robert got the same time as Sergi... i.e. there's no need to modify the totals.
You forgot to modify the total time after Peter's improvement Smiley

So it should be 11:48 total, 0:35 saved.
Quote:
Sweeeeeet demo!!!

So far, the starting stats for e1m4 are 67 armour, 73 health.

Robert's excellent e1m5 allows to exit e1m4 with only 33 armour points! Shocked

So here we are:

e1m4 start: 67 73
5-health downfall: 65 70
49-health GJ upwards: 50 61
46-health GJ off the knight: 36 29
7-health hurt from some guys: 34 24

You see, there's even some extra health reserve...  Grin
Mumma
It's still very hard because the boost from the knight doesn't really save a second  Sad

Lucky for us Markus' start wasn't the fastest... It's possible to be ~0.25 faster than him only by better bunnies in the beginning. So we'll see what happens.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
i guess the main gj up the bridge can also save 0.1~0.2... see ingmar's demo in qrdq2, i think his gj looks nicer than markus' old demo.
Quote:
It's still very hard because the boost from the knight doesn't really save a second  Sad
In current e1m4_013 it tooks 3 seconds to walk upstairs and seep through the crowd of ogres and knights. If it were possible to GJ *over* this crowd, it would be a significant improvement I think.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
You forgot to modify the total time after Peter's improvement Smiley

So it should be 11:48 total, 0:35 saved.

Ahh! Blame it on Michael then, he was the one who posted Peter's demo  Grin

I'm not home, and I can't fix things from here, so hopefully someone else will sort it out before I get back some time next week.
Hey Ho Let's Go
New demo from The Devil: e2m4_042

http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/projects/qdqwavp2/
gött mos
Amazing demo!
And great that e2m4 is done Smiley

FUCKING HELL!!!

It's good to be a speedrunner Smiley
Mumma
Yeah unbelievable demo, Peter!

So, these are the demos that can still be updated:
  • e1m4 (+e1m5?)
  • e2m5
  • e3m1, e3m6
  • e4m2, e4m3, e4m4
If someone can make e1m4 a second faster perhaps e1m5 has to be done to consume less health.

e2m5 might earn a sec from having the RL at start. But the stats are also a bit lower now with the new e2m4. Cfg's will soon be updated. We still need 2 rockets for the start of e2m6 in order to use the 1:16 demo, something we DO with the current e2m4/e2m5.

e3m1 is improvable with the boost jump like in easy. But can/will someone do it? e3m6 might need a second cut since we now have the RL to party with. Or if it's possible to only equal the time?

e4m2 - with the new exit method (which is doable without script...) a sec might be earned, but it's still very hard. e4m3 can be improved with the grenade boost seen in the ER. e4m4 can be improved using the fish to jump off (it is swimming right there where it should be!)

In fact there aren't many 'have to' demos left. As I see it, only e3m6. The others are optional really. We have to make a decision then. Of course we can wait forever for certain demos, but then we'll never make a release.

Anyone get any ideas?
Quote:
Anyone get any ideas?

Well, the people who really get to decide this are the few people capable of making the demos... so it depends what Connor, Peter, Joe... are thinking.  Are they here? Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hi mandel:
e4m2 seems hopeless... although the exit is possible without script, it's still damn frustrating, usually about 1 out of 10 times... not to mention the health for e4m3.
e4m3: i would rather hope to see martin or someone just run the old way faster in 36... quite impossible to have enough health for the er boost.
e4m4: i once showed joe that he could actually do sth without the fish, but again very hard.
e1m4: yeah i think it's possible.
e2m5: 1 sec.
e3m1: i don't hope for 24, but at least it needs to be redone with more health...
e3m6 can definately come down a second... as with all demos in this project its a 'nightmare' though (ok stop throwing fruit)

i'll do it when i get some time... or, the way things are going, i'll just sit tight and wait for Peters 5 second improvement!