SERIOUS TIME!!!!

....and I forgot to sign up until now.  <_<

PJ- 8 days - in full - quads - no
I'm not your buddy, guay!
Runnerguy2489 - 7 - full - quads - no
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-10-01 03:09:45 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush

I tried sending Boniene an email with some questions about payment, but she seems to be out of the office this week. This also means the deadline is extended for at least a day or two, because I won't be ready to make a contract by Monday.

BTW, I will probably make a post estimating how many quads we'll need for the entire event this weekend. I'm almost positive we'll stay at the center for 7 days (5-11th), but we'll move out and just go to the classic marathon house on the 12th. Cheesy
Willing to teach you the impossible
awww, I wont get to see it... QQ
that Metroidvania guy
romscout - 8 - will pay later - quads - yes @ magfest

Kiss
aleckermit - 4 days (may change to 3 depending on game schedule) - FULL by December - quads - no
I'm just trying to impress you.
PEACHES_ - idk how many days - ill pay there - quads - no

idk how long im going or when ill have the money but i would like to confirm myself.
Cosmo - same as PEACHES_ - same as PEACHES_ - quads - no
It's time for some HEErooooOOOOHi cs!
Okay, so after rethinking some stuff... I might be able to swing the 8 days plus Magfest, so I'm going to say yes. I hope it's not too late to change!
Formerly known as Skullboy
I'd like to commit and say how long I'll be there and such but I won't know for sure until this Tuesday evening, so if that's too late, then there's always next time. 
List updated. Even though sign ups are mostly closed, there is still a bit of wiggle room because I still need to make the contract with the 4-H Center.

It is not too late to change ultrajman!. You posted just in time. The first post should be changed as you read this.

Skullboy: If you can really give me an answer by Tuesday, then you should be okay. Should I assume you're coming then?

Rane: I know you are not 100% sure about coming to the marathon yet, but I need to know how long you would be staying if you did come to the marathon.
Grrr at taiga for not letting you attach files when you edit posts.

I have some price estimates figured out, but I must have done something wrong because we're going to overpay by about 2 or 3% if everyone pays up.

I should probably explain my spreadsheet, but I'm too lazy to do so right now.

The attached pdf is just the price list given by the 4h center that I used for the estimates.
Edit history:
mike89: 2010-10-04 02:22:15 am
mike89: 2010-10-04 02:19:43 am
SEGA Junkie
Mike asked me to find the errors in his spreadsheeting and eventually I did, so here's the revision.

The second spreadsheet is the same as the first with one slight difference: everyone paying an equal share for the meeting rooms. I originally just did it to make my calculations easier but there might be some merit in it, though those staying less days would be disadvantaged.

EDIT: guess it's the first spreadsheet that I did that to... no idea why it changed the order I intended them to be in...

EDIT2: just remembered, the spreadsheet doesn't account for Mickey_Mage leaving late so it has him down for six days. Since he said he might add the extra day anyway I didn't really feel like making a whole new row just for him. So don't be surprised if all your prices are actually like, a whopping 70 cents higher than they are shown here. Shocked
I don't have microsoft excel... Any chance some one could post a number?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Heidman:
I don't have microsoft excel... Any chance some one could post a number?

It's a bit complex.  But if you have a Google account, just open the file though there.
Took me about 2 minutes to get it working. Thanks Sir VG.

Also, costing less than I thought. I know food and such is not in there, but i was expecting this to be higher. Cool stuff.
Skullboy - 8 - will pay most there - quads - yes
Skullboy, you do realize you have to pay the full amount by December 5th, correct?
Yoshi's eggs are at my mercy!
Quote from Heidman:
Took me about 2 minutes to get it working. Thanks Sir VG.

Also, costing less than I thought. I know food and such is not in there, but i was expecting this to be higher. Cool stuff.

What Heidman said. I'm very happy with these rates. Sure beats whatever hotel nightmares I was facing last year. Smiley
Quote from mikwuyma:
Skullboy, you do realize you have to pay the full amount by December 5th, correct?

Yeah. I should have put "then" and not "there"
Long time no post, I know, but it's not my fault. It turns out the flu has been going around the 4-H Center, and I didn't get answers until today. I haven't negotiated a contract with the 4-H center today, but I will by today or tomorrow.

Answers are in red.

I know we're supposed to pay a 25% deposit within two weeks of receiving the contract, but can we all pay the center separately? Or does it have to be one lump sum?

Unfortunately we only do group bookings/contracts so I don’t have a way to accept payment from individuals.

Can we pay more than 25% so we don't have to pay so much a month before the event?

Of course you can.

How is paying by credit card handled? Does the center have a secure site for credit card payment?

On your contract is a place to write in your credit card number, if you feel more comfortable you can drop off the contract and we can run your card while you are present.

I noticed this line, "The rates quoted in this proposal are subject to Maryland sales and use tax". Does that mean the prices listed in the proposal do not include tax?

No the prices listed in the proposal do not have sales tax.  Meeting space is tax exempt.  Only 6% sales tax on sleeping rooms and food and beverage.

When is check-in and check-out time?

Check-in is at 3:00 PM and Check-out is at 11:00 AM

What is provided with the bathrooms again? Soap, shampoo, and towels?

Towels, Linens, soap and shampoo

Are we allowed to use one of the 4-H pianos for part of the marathon? We have a thing where someone plays the game music on piano while someone else is playing the game that was a big hit last year.

Yes you can use the piano as long as it doesn’t disturb other guests past curfew.

Does the center have a projector?

We do have a LCD projector and normally it is a per day fee of $200.  However, I will charge you a onetime fee of $300.00 for all 6 days. Looks like you should bring your projector again, Carc.

I attached a new pricing estimate based on the finalized number of people (50) and the fact we have to pay 6% sales tax for the lodging. Don't worry, the estimates for most people shouldn't have gone up by more than 10-15 dollars, if that much. I also changed the number of quads for the 7th day from 4 to 5 because 4 quads for 28 people is a bit cramped, and it's only 5 dollars more per person for 5 quads.

P.S. I know there is a slight discrepancy between the amount we're paying and the amount we owe the center. I'm not exactly sure what it is.
Edit history:
Trekhaak: 2010-10-11 12:38:44 pm
Everybody's favorite monster
Getting closer and closer. And im getting more nervous by the day Roll Eyes
Unannouncing this thread because it's old. Just bumping it because I can.