--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2010-07-30 02:42:49 am
Master-88
UPDATE 20th october
My current best grenade run 9.25 (real console) is submited in SDA but see other speedtricks and stuffs below.

UPDATE 25th october
My current best grenade run 9.00.

UPDATE 26th october
My current best grenade run 8.53 (i timed 8.52.96) it is maybe 8.52-8.53.

UPDATE 30th July
Vugmer did beat game 8:35 with grenades only.

*THESE STUFFS IS DONE WITH EMULATOR WITH REAL TIME****************
Speedtricks
Level runs:
Level 2 with full power up run

Level 3 with full power up run

Boss fights:
Level 3 boss:

Level 4 boss in at one round with death:

Level 4 boss almost one round no deaths

Level 5 boss NEW Link added (it is more better here):

Last boss (huge Tank) within 40 seconds no deaths with grenades

Last boss (huge tank in 30 seconds no deaths with full power ups

Last boss (huge tank with gun only challenge no deaths

Other stuff:
Mirror jeep glitch

Thread title:  
destroy them with lazers
I think Breakdown said he was thinking of doing a run because he'd beating his tournament time by a good margin.
Haters gonna hate
Yeah, I've been giving this one some consideration.  It's a game I own and I do have some improved strats from my tourney run.

For those who haven't seen it, I've got a 8:52 run on youtube.

I think about 30 seconds can realistically come off of that.  Most of that would come from better boss fights, because really all but the first are improvable by at least a couple seconds.  For the first boss it doesn't matter how long you take to kill any of the tanks except the last one as they always take the same amount of time to spawn.  Second boss I shot one of the missiles instead of the head once which cost a little time.  Third boss fight was awful, and I have a (risky) strat now that gets me a quick 2 cycle kill.  Kill 5 turrets on the first cycle, and the sixth opens pretty much right away after it closes, much faster that what you see here.  Fourth boss is all about getting the one round kill which I just miss in this run.  I have a small improvement for the 5th boss in taking out the last garage with a diagonal shot, putting me that much closer to the gate at the end.  The TAS has a one cycle kill for this boss, but in limited testing I don't see it as humanly possible.  I've been working on reducing lag some more in the first form of the sixth boss and being more aggressive against the second, but when it comes down to it this is far away the most random part of the whole game (and of course it's at the very end  :-\).

There are also some little improvements to be made in the stages, mostly lag control stuff.  Probably the most notable things are taking out the two bomber planes at the end of stage 2 (timing's real tight, but it can be done by machinegunning the jeep right away and following the last shot with a missile), getting a better run through the laser towers in stage 3, hugging the left wall around the pool at the start of stage 4 (spawns less guys, so less lag), just all around better lag control in stage 5 (probably the worst stage in the run), and a couple lag control tricks I've picked up in stage 6.  Plus there's not having to pause a few seconds to avoid death in the middle of stage 6.

Really, this biggest thing discouraging me from doing a run here is that while there a tons of tight and precise tricks to do along the way, the end bosses are so amazingly random, and the prospect of nailing all sorts of difficult stuff along the way only to have the run hinge on a 5-10% chance fight at the end isn't very appealing.  Plus, I have my tourney starting in about a day here, so not sure how much time I'll have for running for the next month or so.  I might get to it eventually, but if anyone feels like beating me to the punch I'm more than happy to help out.
berserker status
Quote from Breakdown:
Yeah, I've been giving this one some consideration.  It's a game I own and I do have some improved strats from my tourney run.

For those who haven't seen it, I've got a 8:52 run on youtube.

I think about 30 seconds can realistically come off of that.  Most of that would come from better boss fights, because really all but the first are improvable by at least a couple seconds.  For the first boss it doesn't matter how long you take to kill any of the tanks except the last one as they always take the same amount of time to spawn.  Second boss I shot one of the missiles instead of the head once which cost a little time.  Third boss fight was awful, and I have a (risky) strat now that gets me a quick 2 cycle kill.  Kill 5 turrets on the first cycle, and the sixth opens pretty much right away after it closes, much faster that what you see here.  Fourth boss is all about getting the one round kill which I just miss in this run.  I have a small improvement for the 5th boss in taking out the last garage with a diagonal shot, putting me that much closer to the gate at the end.  The TAS has a one cycle kill for this boss, but in limited testing I don't see it as humanly possible.  I've been working on reducing lag some more in the first form of the sixth boss and being more aggressive against the second, but when it comes down to it this is far away the most random part of the whole game (and of course it's at the very end  :-\).

There are also some little improvements to be made in the stages, mostly lag control stuff.  Probably the most notable things are taking out the two bomber planes at the end of stage 2 (timing's real tight, but it can be done by machinegunning the jeep right away and following the last shot with a missile), getting a better run through the laser towers in stage 3, hugging the left wall around the pool at the start of stage 4 (spawns less guys, so less lag), just all around better lag control in stage 5 (probably the worst stage in the run), and a couple lag control tricks I've picked up in stage 6.  Plus there's not having to pause a few seconds to avoid death in the middle of stage 6.

Really, this biggest thing discouraging me from doing a run here is that while there a tons of tight and precise tricks to do along the way, the end bosses are so amazingly random, and the prospect of nailing all sorts of difficult stuff along the way only to have the run hinge on a 5-10% chance fight at the end isn't very appealing.  Plus, I have my tourney starting in about a day here, so not sure how much time I'll have for running for the next month or so.  I might get to it eventually, but if anyone feels like beating me to the punch I'm more than happy to help out.

After Vagrant Story, i may consider trying to run this game but i've seen your run on youtube before and it's pretty magnificent.  I think it's only a matter of time before you record a run with a good enough time to post on SDA.  This game is pretty random in certain areas but it isn't as unforgiving as something like Ghosts n Goblins for example. 
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-06-14 02:50:53 pm
Master-88
I make some boss fights quick kill videos. All vids is done with real time (NO TAS)

Level 3 boss:

Level 4 boss in at one round with death:

Level 4 boss almot one round no deaths

Level 5 boss NEW Link added (it is more better here):

Last boss (huge Tank) within 40 seconds no deaths

Last boss is truly sick on speedruns. as well level 4 boss in one round are extremely random. But actually it is possible. I believes peoples here are already founded fastest ways, but if someone didn,t know all yet. I hope these vids can help. Wink

EDIT:
I got beat my current personal run. I got 10.48 with 7 deaths. 4 deaths only happen against last boss. God this fight is hard using speed method, but it is most important thing in hold run. I as well fuck up every boss fight expect my Fortress fight which was really lucky. I think i´ll set my next goal under 10 minutes. It sounds good time for me. Wink

EDIT:
I update speedtrick list:
Two new vids added. Level 5 boss fight i alot better. It was truly perfect fight.
Level 4 boss (no deaths almost one round)? I think 1 round is possible without taking death, but it might be very hard. But i was just very close. Anyway enjoy my vids.
berserker status
Those are some pretty solid strategies but the last boss fight left me with a few reservations.  It's not bad if you're aiming for a low% run i guess.

Even in a run w/ deaths (4th boss), you should have your grenade powered up to a missile with the 4-way explosions by the next stage probably.  Also, having your weapon powered up probably helps a lot along the way since taking out regular enemies really reduces slow-down.  I don't know whether the grenade or missile is stronger though honestly.  I think you should have mashed on the machine gun more as well, even while you're avoiding stuff.  Other than that, you have very nice evasive skills.

I highly recommend you check out Breakdown's run on youtube for subtle shortcuts like at one of the pillars on the second stage.  *I see you've checked it out already* never mind.  Good stuff though master-88, i particularly liked the level 5 boss strategy.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-06-15 03:22:01 pm
Master-88
Is low-% (grenades only) seperate category?

Yeah grenades are as effective as rocket, but yeah rocket launcher firing faster and it make some boss especially boss level 2 is alot better to beat with rocket.

Yeah thanks your comment. Yeah i am watching Breakdown run once. It was before i started make some my personal speedruns. But i personally think this game is too hard to beat without deaths, especially when i have to play that game with computer keyboards it make me do too much stupid mistakes. i just think grenade run is as well cool if it is seperate category. I think it is as well easier.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

Ok my Time is 10.06 right now. It is 30 sec faster than my youtube run a today
http://www.archive.org/details/JackalnesSpeedrunIn10.06ByMaster-88

This started are close twingalaxie WR.  As far as i can tell Bsulphur time was 10.10 and new twingalaxie run was 09.48. This my new started are quite par with twingalaxie runs. Breakdown time is still fastest.

There is 7 deaths. But run itself & boss fights was done fine enought. I mostly use grenades, expect level 2 fight i got rocket. But this run is almost low-% run and it is different than Breakdown run. I personally was quite happy with this and i hope you guys will enjoy. I almost reach my goal which was under 10 minutes. Smiley

E:
My best run is up on youtube too.  Wink
1/2

2/2

And i will add. This my no power up with deaths run is 1 min & 8 sec slower than Breakdown run. I just see we use little bit different time rules. I stop timer when completion music start. Wink
Master-88
I finally got this game my real Nes. But i not have console yet, but hope it come on soon maybe end of the this week. Next real trouble are named my DVD. I hope my DVD can record US-games too otherwise i need buy US-DVD recorder.

Know anyone is low-% grenade run with deaths seperate category?

-It includes some different than normal run
-Less enemys
-Level 1 boss (tanks) coming slower into area
-grenades is slower than rockets (but both has same amount strenght)
-Using deaths against level 4 boss it is possible take out in one round. I practice it today with my emulator and i managed make it something 10% of the time. I not sure is it easier if you use real controlls, because you can spam grenades faster than using keyboards controlls i think.

-If i run this game i am more interested try grenade run than normal run. I think grenade run can be done somewhere 9.30 range. My 10.06 was almost grenade run but i only used rockets against 2nd boss.
berserker status
I think it's great that this game is getting some level of competition, regardless if it's in separate categories.  Although, I have to say that a grenades-only run wouldn't be as entertaining as a run with missile upgrades.  Don't get me wrong, I would still like to see this done but I doubt many others would think the same thing.  A missile upgrade run is almost two minutes faster and I imagine a run with grenades would have lots of unsightly lag.  If you're trying to run this game tough game with just grenades, why not make it easier on yourself and just go for the record with missiles?  Granted there are differences but if you're already putting in this much effort, I say give Breakdown a run for his money.
Master-88
Grenade run can be definitely done in 9.30 or maybe under. It is something half-one minutes slower than missile run i think.

Grenades are just effective as missiles, but just slower. As well you need skip more enemys.

Quote:
Although, I have to say that a grenades-only run wouldn't be as entertaining as a run with missile upgrades

Well i think contra normal gun runs not are popular like any-% runs. Low-% are always unpopular. But i just wanted know is it seperate category? I personally think it would be seperate category because it is just different gameplay.

Quote:
If you're trying to run this game tough game with just grenades, why not make it easier on yourself and just go for the record with missiles?  Granted there are differences but if you're already putting in this much effort, I say give Breakdown a run for his money.

I not can,t say is grenade run harder because there is less enemys. But yeah some places can be harder. I am interested play more grenade run because i am practice it much more. But i think i can try normal run too.
Master-88
Well i finally got my NTSC NES working and i can play Jackal and my DVD automatically recorded NTSC games too. Cheesy I not was need changes any DVD settings. I only need use 60 hz mode disc because US games run with 60hz mode.

I was still dismantle my PAL NES, and take some spares because my NTSC Nes was not working, because power button was broken.

My Nes controlls not are very goods, but both controlls play well enought and i can try make speedruns.

Yeah i ask with my Mike is low-% allowed? He said it is.  Smiley

Yeah i think i´ll try that category. I´ll use deaths assist speedrun. Deaths saves most time against helicopter fight. Elsewhere deaths not really save much time. I think if you try avoid some enemy kills it might be good idea take deaths and got some very minor time saves. Death cost something 2-3 seconds. Expect helicopeter fight where you need wait boss so deaths only save your time.

Any else rules in low-% run? Is star power ups allowed?
Smart bomb, 1up and point up?

These 1up level 5 not take any time to get, but this might break low-% rules?

I think i´ll try that speedrun if my Nes not going to break. I still have some turns troubles this take lot time/tries when my Nes turn on correctly.

BTW i´ll let my goal sub 10 minutes. With very good low-% run might be somewhere 9.30-9.45. But let see what i´ll will did. But sub 10 sounds very good, because there is no any run up yet.
berserker status
Quote from MASTER-88:
Any else rules in low-% run? Is star power ups allowed?
Smart bomb, 1up and point up?

Regarding the star power up, I would think it wouldn't be allowed since you're going for a low% grenade run.  If you get the glowing star power up, you get the missile fully powered so that in effect goes against the definition wouldn't it?  Or is this the regular star power up?  Does that just give you points?  About the other power ups:  what is this smart bomb you speak of???  Getting the extra 1up shouldn't make a difference in the low% run, but it'll make the run look worse if you take more than a few deaths (unless they save time).

A sub 10 min. grenades-only run would be really nice, good luck on this!
Master-88
Thanks your information. Yeah i was remember there was smart bombs which kill all enemys in screen. Level 3. I think its not allowed, because like Contra games low-% players not grap any bombs or barriers.

So i think i´ll skip these all star-ups. Maybe even level 5 1ups if i not accidentally grap with this. But i think its not big deal.

Quote:
Getting the extra 1up shouldn't make a difference in the low% run, but it'll make the run look worse if you take more than a few deaths (unless they save time).

How many deaths are allowed? As far as i can tell

1-2-deaths against helicopter not cost any time.
Some things you can take crazy risks and this make my make some accident deaths.

You have 4 lifes without grap any 1 ups items you are allowed lost at most 6 lifes because you got two 1ups when you got enought points.

Yeah i agree these accident deaths which not save any time looks poor. I still think couple accident death not automatically reject run if you can make good job overall.

Quote:
A sub 10 min. grenades-only run would be really nice, good luck on this!

Yeah sub 10 is surely what i need make in SDA. Let see how much faster than this i can got. Wink
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-10-13 12:19:52 pm
Master-88
Sub 10 low-% sounds much harder what i thinking. My 4 hours recorded attempts i only got beat one run which ended up 10.06 using SDA rules, this mean it is couple seconds slower than my emulator with 1 power up run on youtube. Tongue

I need 7 seconds off with this. I think i am happy sub 10 minutes low-% run. This looks emulator make some things faster than console. IMO on console some level has huge lags which make game running slow. I not see emulator includes these slow lags much like console. I not see these cost any major time losts, but surely slow me some seconds.

Anyway. I´ll try redo that. I make some stupid mistakes with certain places. Some deaths but i not think these ones slow me much.
I mess up helicopter one round kill. But this one is extremely random. Actually i not have any luck make it even once a today. But i not automatically reset if i miss some things. But i´ll hope my run can look good overall when i going submit it. I kept my sub 10 minutes goal and if run like this look cool i´ll submit it. Wink

EDIT*****************************

Finally sub 10 minutes. Smiley

9.47 (using SDA time rules)

-This is low-%. I not collect any power ups. I got extra life level 5 (this not take any time)
-I still not very happy. My fortress fight was bit too sloppy. Huge tank was great and it was maybe reason why i got major time drop my other runs.

-Yeah there is max 7 deaths. 0-lifes remain. I just make 2 deaths against fortress and these ones was accidents deaths. Most deaths was intentions. Huge tank can be better using death helps.

-I not has luck kill helicopter in one round, but this is just extremely hard trick.

Anyway i reached sub 10 minutes limit. But i´ll still redo that yet. I hope sub 9.40. Maybe sub 9.30 and run is ready to submit. Wink

Right know my hands are just really tired. These Nes cotrolls d-pads are really stiffs.

Anyway i was only under one minutes slower than Breakdown no death power up run.

berserker status
That's a great time, it's good to hear there's still room for improvement.  I wish I could watch the run so that I can give more feedback. 

It looks like you have this well covered though, so I'm sure you'll come up with an excellent time very soon.  If you could complete the game this fast with the crappy grenades, I'm sure you can come up with a time comparable to Breakdown's with the missile upgrades.  You should try that when you finish up your low% run.  Maybe you can give him a good scare and force him to improve his time as well.  Wink
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-10-13 03:31:18 pm
Master-88
Quote from RiskBreaker Y:
That's a great time, it's good to hear there's still room for improvement.  I wish I could watch the run so that I can give more feedback. 

It looks like you have this well covered though, so I'm sure you'll come up with an excellent time very soon.  If you could complete the game this fast with the crappy grenades, I'm sure you can come up with a time comparable to Breakdown's with the missile upgrades.  You should try that when you finish up your low% run.  Maybe you can give him a good scare and force him to improve his time as well.  Wink

I choose low-% mainly because deaths is more allowed on low-% category if you make elsewhere good job, i just never can make huge tank without deaths, my current run i did die once. 2nd reason was i am practice low-% much more. Power up run includes some different enemy locations and etc..

I´ll post runs in youtube before i submit these in SDA. I not think my 9.47 is very good so i not post it yet. There is not very bad time losts, but alot a little time lost. And every bosses expect 1 & 5 are very possible make faster. Huge tank was very good, but surely can be better, but requires heavy luck manipulation.

I just practice level 4 boss 1 round kill my emulator and i find it little easier (still hard). I maybe post video about this. Let see but my succesrate went up using this way and i´ll hope i can make it my run. But i not reset if i not managed it.

i´ll set my goal 9.40 and i want go under it. Let see look it better than this run. Fortress boss was just my biggest time lost and i surely lost several seconds here so i think if i can make better fortress fight and avoid some noob mistakes i can got final time somewhere 9.30 range.

***************************EDIT

I improved my grenade run again

9.34 (maybe 9.33)

This one was very good, but not perfect, but much cleaner than my other runs.

I think 10 more seconds off make this surely accetable in SDA. I think this can be accetable but some bad luck in level 5 & 6. And i miss Helicopter 1 round kill. This was not my fault, because these tanks moved wrong.

Boss 1 Almost perfect. I mess one grenade, cost me 1-second
Boss 2 was superb. Best ever. I not miss any grenades and i fired like crazy.
Boss 3 was very great
Boss 4 very fast 2 round (1-hit less 1 round)
Boss 5 perfect as far as i can tell
Boss 6 better fortress, but with luck can be better
Final boss Quite well, some grenade miss. This boss requires heavy luck manipulation and it is impossible with perfectly.

I´ll think i post video in youtube. And you guys can tell look my run accetable in SDA?
I think, i can got 10 more seconds off. It is very hard, but possible.

BTW 5 deaths
Level 4 boss (2-deaths)
Level 5 bad tank luck (1 death)
Level 6 boss i just wanted take risk and avoid kill tanks my behind (1 death)
Last boss (1 death) (almost 2 game not cost life when you die simutaneously against last boss what i did)

Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-10-20 12:39:11 pm
Master-88
9.34 low-% speedrun deleted in youtube. So i erased this post.
difficult and stupidly random
Wow.  Way to best yourself again and again.

Keep it up.

(At this rate, your time will be sub-zero in just a few weeks  Grin )
Master-88
I finally got very great run

9.25 (only 2 deaths)

I think i lost 10 seconds fortress and huge tanks. I just have some bad luck, but overall every levels and every else level bosses was near perfect job. I just not pick up any serious errors. There was some very minor ones.

Normally i was not too happy time like this if i was make 5-7 deaths and every else seconds i got beat against super random last bosses, like my other runs. But this run was just near perfect everywhere. Only very good fortress and huge tank fight can drop my time max 10-15 seconds. I think limit can be 9.10. With perfect luck it is maybe possible go under 9 minutes. This requires perfect fortress and huge tank fight almost like TAS.

1-Death happen against helicopter it was intention. I beat boss in one round used death.
2-Huge tank cost one life. I started Huge tank bit slowly. But very end fight was awesome.

I´ll submit this run.  I am quite sure it is very ok and it look much better than my other runs. This not mean i not going improve this in future. But i want submit this one. It is first run and very good speed playthrough. And i believe verifers will like this too.

At least my brother loved it. Cheesy

Master-88
I submit my 9.25 run. Nate will take this i used zshare. he need open my dowload link.

Even i submit it. I´ll try beat this speedrun. But if i even got faster run i think i not want submit if i make more than 3 deaths.
This one is done with 2 deaths. 1 was intention 1 was accident. i wanted make clean run and this one is lot like it.

This was great i got very fast run with 2 deaths. This beat both TG records by multiple seconds and i used grenades only. Smiley
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-10-20 02:33:22 pm
Master-88
I´ll kept my low-% 9.25 run. I not going improve it soon i think. This one is very good gameplay and really hard time to beat. ;), only where i can redo it is both last bosses. It was 33 seconds slower than breakdown power up run. This is fact power up run is little bit faster. I played it through with my emulator. But i feel it is very much harder than grenade run and i not know am i are enought motivated try it seriously.

I test some timings and things where you lost or win time with Power up run
-Collectings all power ups level 1 take some seconds time.
+Level 1 boss coming screen 2x faster (make it as well harder)
+Level 2 boss is alot faster with power ups
-I not find level 3 boss much faster. It is possible beat boss fight couple seconds faster if you have power ups. But it is very hard
-Helicopter one round kill is nearly impossible if you not make intention deaths (this make lost some 5 seconds).
+Level 6 fortress fight is lot easier and lot faster with power ups. This make you kill all tanks with one shots. It is easier avoid lags and rocket shots much faster than grenades. This is maybe biggest way save good 10 seconds time.
+ & - Huge tank is little bit faster too kill i think, but not much like fortress. I as well feel huge tank slightly harder to beat with power ups. This seems bullet rain coming longer range than grenade run.
BTW this is my power up huge tank fight in 30 seconds.

Other differences
-Power ups run includes much more enemys than no power up run. Make it harder with certain places
-Bullets flying slightly longer range if you haved full power ups.
-This seems power up run includes more lags, because there more enemies in the area
+But you can kill more enemies if you have power ups and this make no power up run make more lags. I not know.

Quote:
Know anyone inluces level 6 any good way got full power ups quickly?
I just plan if you used deaths assist helicopter one round kill this save good 4-5 seconds game time. Level 5 not includes any speed differences between power up/grenade runs but it is very important have full power ups against fortress fight.

I actually founde very fast way got power ups back. Vid come later.
My route plan with power up run:

Level 1: Got full power ups
Level 2: Same as grenade run, but it is faster start boss fight middle of the screen. Boss went down much faster with rockets

Level 3: Same route as grenade run but boss fight can be some seconds faster but it is very hard

Level 4: Kill both missile launchers. Otherwhise same route line. Kill boss in one round using deaths
Level 5: No power ups here. Nothing time lost levels/boss fight
Level 6: Starting w/o power ups. Take yellow star middle of the level (cost only couple shy seconds to take). I think it is faster kill 4th boss in one round and take power ups here. Rockets save a lot time against fortress. Not work much better against huge tank. Huge tank can be almost as quick with grenades. Your bullets are main key against tank.

*If you can beat helicopter in one round it will save time back getting power ups back in level 6. I not think route is any slower/faster than Breakdown no death route.
Master-88
I make power up test run which ended up

I´ll set my goal sub 9 minutes before submission. Though it depend how many deaths i´ll got. This one includes 3 deaths

1-Against helicopeter (i beat it in one round)
2 & 3 against huge tank.

I used route what i plan yesterday. This run is not are good like my low-% run. I just lost time in levels and make some bosses faster than grenade run.

I not know can i beat Breakdown awesome run, but at least i can go very close about it. BTW One round helicopter kill will lost power ups, but there is yellowstar in level 6 which receive all power ups back and it take only couple seconds to take. Level 5 is about as fast as have you power ups or not.

Sub 9 minutes is very good goal and i will try got it. I not know wanted i try no death run. This sounds really difficult, because helicopter and huge tank is really hard for speed w/o taking deaths.

BTW this was still good run. I´ll put it in youtube if you guys are interested see this. Wink
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Breakdown has 8:52 on YouTube. Do you want to try to beat his time first? Otherwise it might be hard to get accepted.

Keep plugging away and I'm sure you can beat it. Smiley
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-10-21 02:45:51 pm
Master-88
Quote from Enhasa:
Breakdown has 8:52 on YouTube. Do you want to try to beat his time first? Otherwise it might be hard to get accepted.

Keep plugging away and I'm sure you can beat it. Smiley

Breakdown run is done on emulator. Some less lags i think. But i surely will go under 9 minutes before i submited it.

Low-% 9.25 run is seperate category. I am submited it and i think it is accetable run, because i beat all TG records by multiple seconds using grenades only. And nobody one never are running low-% category.

EDIT
This is my 9.09 power up run

This is 16 seconds faster than my grenade run. And 17 seconds slower than Breakdown emulator run. Some sloppy mistakes with certain places. Level 3 boss was just little bit too slow.
Haters gonna hate
If you're going to actively pursue a powered up run you really should set your sights higher than my youtube run.  If I'd have done it on console I probably wouldn't have submitted it because I think at least a good 15 seconds can come off of it realistically, probably more than that.  I had a couple really bad boss fights in that run and there's better lag control to be had in the levels.  Sub 8:40 sounds like a good goal to me.  I'm pretty sure I spelled out most of what I know in my first post in this thread, so you can refer there for specifics.

Also, don't do the death abuse thing on the 4th boss, you can one round him without it (you can see how to almost do it in my vid, you just need to ride him a little closer when you go around the front).  Death abuse is a tiny bit faster there, but you lose that time and more powering back up and to lag, especially in early stage 6.  You should definitely be aiming for a deathless run.