Sad
<- 1  -   of 40 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
TIOLET!
Thank you thank you. I will have to take it in baby steps though, so I don't burn out my shoulder again. My new mechanical keyboard (fuck you logitech piece of crap) has much softer buttons so that should help quite a bit, and it's actually the main reason I bought it. No more ferocious button pressing during intense parts Tongue
we have lift off
If you're getting injured while playing that to me is a sure sign that you're tensing up too much, not that you're playing too much. Hopefully your new keyboard will help, but try and focus on relaxing and pressing the buttons a bit more lightly. After all, there are plenty of gamers who play for hours and hours a day with no injury.
TIOLET!
Quote from ridd3r.:
After all, there are plenty of gamers who play for hours and hours a day with no injury.

But plenty of gamers didn't practice deadlift and moved 800kg pallets at work by hand for an entire week at the same time :P. I appreciate the concern, but I am fully aware why my shoulder decided to give up that one day, and it's been half-healed ever since (with me occasionally making it worse by being too eager to get back in the gym).
we have lift off
OK, but you made it sound like it was due to playing.
Holy shit, for real!

Dude, that run is gonna blow the shit out of proportion, so glad that you get back at it!

Missing the engine a bit I guess Tongue
We're coming up on the two year anniversary of this segment.  It looks like Kibbo started on it back on page 28, 5/23/2010.  Celebrations are in order!  Cake or something.
Watcher
I've got a beer Cheesy
Svart Lyser Tronen
Why are you going to celebrate a unfinished segment? ;<
Watcher
I will drink for finishing it !!
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
[MOVED FROM OTHER THREAD, IM AN IDIOT]

It just occurred to me that there somehow isn't a single OoB in this entire game (AFAIK). Does anyone know how it's treated in this game?
Like the Mars surface and start losing oxygen? Float? Instant death? Fall under the level?

I dunno I just took a gander at the first surface walk and looking at both the barrel placement and that ever-gorgeous ramp that makes up the sides of the bridges can be used to fling yourself super far. So anyone think there are any openings in the upper area? If one of you know that this DEFINITELY will never happen by all means drop in and say so now, so I don't waste time Tongue

I know that noclip is a thing, but I am wondering whether you can mod jump height in the .def files, maybe make it a little easier to test these things.

Also I am consistently getting sub-10 @ Mars City 2 exit (Marine). Is that important? Prob not Tongue
Edit history:
Kibbo: 2012-07-31 07:42:29 pm
Kibbo: 2012-07-31 07:40:20 pm
TIOLET!
There are clipping glitches in the game, but so far I have only been able to trigger them for NPCs. There is also a "flying" trick but it's just way too slow to be of any use in a run.

Edit: I also haven't touched this game for almost a year. Guess it's time to start poking at it again Lips Sealed
This is really the end of this run I guess, right ?
TIOLET!
No. What you have to keep in mind is that between late 2005 and mid-2011 somewhere between 70-80% of all the gaming I did was speedrunning. I was in serious need of a longer break. Let's just say that I'm ogling the Doom 3 desktop icon slightly more with each day that passes.
Watcher
In October Doom 3 BFG Edition ... maybe old love will be back then :-)
TIOLET!
I have no real interest in BFG edition. After looking at videos and screenshots it comes off as nothing more than a cheap (desperate?) money grab, re-releasing an 8-year old game with slightly upgraded lighting effects that you barely notice anyway.
Ahahah, that's a bit true, anywway.

Keep ogling dem, next step is normally rape or abusive defenestration you decide.

Just can't wait to comment on your progress I guess.
Apparently the BFG edition has some new levels, flashlight can be turned on/off (For a duration until it runs out) while holding a gun, the game is brighter, more ammo around, and faster movement speed.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
thevoid: the BFG edition has some new levels -> only 7 ! and not direct for the story. Kib has right and money grab also for console ports x360 and ps3. amazon want 40€ for this 8 old game Angry bfg means also hd, this is very big to capture.

I hope doom 4 is not like 'rage' this game was very boring.
TIOLET!
Quote from TheVoid:
Apparently the BFG edition has some new levels, flashlight can be turned on/off (For a duration until it runs out) while holding a gun, the game is brighter, more ammo around, and faster movement speed.

Honestly, these are things the modding community fixed within a year of the game's release. No matter how you look at it, you're still buying a re-released 8-year old game with some minor make-up added.
It's not a money grab for the console side because only the original Xbox had the games, and HD makes a big difference. As for the PC side I think it's a nice upgrade and the trailer looks awesome, and seven new levels sounds great to me... at least they added something compared to most HD re-releases. Don't forget you also get the expansion as well as Doom 1 & 2 and if you look at the prices at Steam 40€ is a good price for all of that Smiley Also I think they've added some Doom 4 hints in-game, but we will see Tongue
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Quote from Freezard:
It's not a money grab for the console side because only the original Xbox had the games, and HD makes a big difference.

John Carmack @ID_AA_Carmack
Just getting Doom 3 BFG to 60fps on the PS3 is more challenging than you would think. Stencil shadows are raster pigs. Roll Eyes
Not a walrus
That doesn't surprise me, PS3 has a notoriously low fill rate considering the quality of its other hardware.
Watcher
John Carmack, for me, is greatest single mind in PC games industry. Period. I recommend "Masters of Doom" :-)
That is on the side.

On normal side - BFG edition is a way for Carmack to look for a new way for PC games. He says, that graphical inovation is not enought, and he is backing to the idea of VR, especially - VR hellmets. Check videos of him presenting Doom 3 BFG with that feature.

Still, this is Doom3, Doom 2 and Doom 1 and I will buy it :-)
Does anybody here speedrun the original DOOM at a high level + also is experienced with live-streaming their runs on Twitch? If you guys know of anybody who fits that description or where I could find somebody who does, please let me know as there is a really cool opportunity.
tagh_azog did an interview/commentary of his old 2006 run @ jeuxvideo.com

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/chroniques-video/0000/00004922/speed-game-doom-3-pc-speed-run-de-doom-3-00122158.htm

)FRENCH ONLY(

Anyone will be getting back at this ?