Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Now a hit show on the CW
I've been hoping someone would do a run of this game. I think it will be very entertaining to watch, with the fast pace battles and all. I agree, it's one of the best battle systems of any FF. Too bad the plot was so lame and the music sucked Sad
King of hearts
I've heard the girly thing brought up before, and then they go on to play Mario and Pokemon, lol.
go the mighty swans
I admit the girliness got to me a bit on the first playthrough (i actually frisbee'd the disc). But when you skip all the cutscenes its not too bad.

I'm really looking foward to seeing your completed run
King of hearts
Well, it's good to hear that people like the game.  Hopefully I can finish it today!
King of hearts
Damn!  I just completed the second to last segment, the hardest one, but I hit the electricity twice and lost about 30 seconds.  30 seconds is alright, right?  It's the segment with Magus Sisters, Anima and all the piano stuff all the way up to the final save.  They were extremely tough and I barely made it alive, it was so perfect too, ruined all because of that stupid electric fence... 

The thing that pissed me off is that I did a bunch of test runs and I always made it through if I just ran through it after the cutscene, and I could have just ended the segment there...
give me your eyes!!!
Well I cannot even imagine myself getting that far at the level you must be at so I am perfectly happy either way.

If it's a blotch you are particularly unhappy with by all means re-do it (and you must be used to that by now  ;)) but me and most others aren't going to press anything.

Seriously, you're doing fantastic work!
King of hearts
Heh, thanks.  I'm going to try and redo it a couple of times to try get a better time.  This time, if I beat them I'll save right afterwards.
Edit history:
darkwasabi: 2006-01-19 02:18:14 am
King of hearts
I though it was the hardest segment.  I guess not.  It was actually a lot of fun.  Redone almost to perfection (Passado takes too damn long).  I feel kinda bad because I should've redone other segments as good as I did this one. 

I think I might redo the whole game sometime in the future.  Well, only if I find a faster/better strategy maybe.  Or if I find that I did excessive stuff (which I doubt).  One question, does anyone know if it's faster to tap X at the end of chapter 3 when Yuna's all alone.  Or is it better to just sit there?  I did the latter.  I can't check because I no longer have a save file for that place.  It takes about 20 seconds if you just sit there.
Edit history:
ventuz: 2006-01-19 04:36:31 am
Null
Quote:
One question, does anyone know if it's faster to tap X at the end of chapter 3 when Yuna's all alone.  Or is it better to just sit there?

Since yuna has to whistle 3 or 4 times, and (I think) scene inbetween are unskippable, maybe its better to just sit there. I think I'll check... Mission Time! (I'm gonna new game+ my 4 iron duke game).
King of hearts
Finally complete.  Shuyin was a damn bitch and I barely made it out alive.  He just kept on killing Paine, it was so annoying.  Now all that's left is to encode, and upload, then it's all set.
Retired
Raises hand to verify...wow...awesome job on the time.
Edit history:
ventuz: 2006-01-20 04:12:25 am
Null
Ok, I came back and noticed you are not on AIM. A question, I managed to get pass first electric fence but I wasn't able to get pass red lines/orbs, how do I get pass without having to play first piano?

*edit - oh I'm retarded, didn't try the jump button  Tongue
Speedruns 4-ever...
WOW  Shocked 4:13.....

Thats like 1/8 the time that i take to make it through the game.....

Very impressiv.

Cant wait to get my hands on the run!!!
that is pretty good, hope to see it soon. Gj !! 8)
100% runs=great to watch
4:13.....wow...

darkwasabi is now officially, and forever more, a force of sheer terror.
DMC3,ZOE2 and Xenosaga 2. &nbsp;Am I crazy?
I can verify it too. Awesome time!
give me your eyes!!!
Same here. Superb time, this will be very interesting.
Edit history:
Raven75: 2006-01-21 10:03:58 am
It's-a me, Raven!
I'd love to take a peek, but I'm still playing through the game myself... An even though you skip cinematics, I'd still be spoiling a lot for myself by watching it. So I'll refrain for now. Congratulations though - nearly hitting the sub-4 mark isn't quite what many would have expected!

(In true powergamer-fashion, I'm leveling up the girls and some spheres for each - I just did some missions in chapter three, I'm about level 26-27, and went over the 20-hour point... Gods I suck :))
King of hearts
Well, this isn't the type of game you get low times in.  You should explore all of Spira, there's so much.

About the speedrun, I'm thinking of redoing the final segment because my fight with Shuyin could have gone a lot faster.  The thing is I'd have to delete the current final segment for space (it's 40 GBs).  It's also a very long segment, it takes 30 minutes just to get to Shuyin, and that's if I don't skrew up on the previous battles.  The current fight takes 6 minutes and I know I can make it go down 2 or 3 minutes.

Maybe I'll just wait for it to be released and redo the whole game sometime in the future if there are new techniques discovered or something...
It's-a me, Raven!
Just being curious - which dresspheres are you using?
Edit history:
darkwasabi: 2006-01-23 02:06:14 pm
King of hearts
Quote:
Just being curious - which dresspheres are you using?

Warrior, Black Mage, and Dark Knight. 

I've already uploaded to Radix, should be available for verification anytime now...

Edit:  Oh Shi--...  There it is.
Quote:

Warrior, Black Mage, and Dark Knight. 

I've already uploaded to Radix, should be available for verification anytime now...

Edit:  Oh Shi--...  There it is.

HAHA!  And I got dibs on the verification.  Just finished downloading, will tell ya what I think in four hours.
give me your eyes!!!
Same here!

I've watched the first two segments so far, very nice strategems and fast-paced battle.
Glad the opening cutscenes in there, I wanted to watch it again.

You pause a lot. Is that by accident because you almost always try and skip a cutscene too early? Or is it some trick which skips them quicker? If it isn't it doesn't lose too much time though.

Can't wait till it heats up a bit! I found it hard playing normally.
Quote:
Same here!

I've watched the first two segments so far, very nice strategems and fast-paced battle.
Glad the opening cutscenes in there, I wanted to watch it again.

You pause a lot. Is that by accident because you almost always try and skip a cutscene too early? Or is it some trick which skips them quicker? If it isn't it doesn't lose too much time though.

Can't wait till it heats up a bit! I found it hard playing normally.

To skip a cutscene you have to pause and press square.  He does do it a touch prematurely at a few points, but it's no big deal. 
Edit history:
darkwasabi: 2006-01-23 05:10:55 pm
King of hearts
Just 3 times.  It doesn't count off your time so it doesn't matter.  I wasn't going to reset after those segments.  They required some luck.

Edit:
Oh, but the ones in battle do.  Those I did on reflex, my mind just went blank for a second.  You know how it is.