Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
give me your eyes!!!
Ok that's fine. I forgot about the prequisitories for skipping cutscenes. Tongue
DMC3,ZOE2 and Xenosaga 2. &nbsp;Am I crazy?
I am a little late but I hope Radix sends me the torrent xD! I still have to say nice time. I thought about speedrunning this game but I hate RPG speedruns so  Tongue
King of hearts
After reviewing my final segment, I'm now deciding to redo it.  I saw an opening that I can just immediately kill him like in the other battles, instead of taking the precautions that I did (sentinel, megalixir).
King of hearts
[Powers]Yeah baby![/Powers]  Just did it on my first try.  8)
Since I did it on my first try I sorta fudged up the menu stuff because I forgot where some things were.  But the time is much better.  End time is now 4:09.  I saved 4 minutes!  Now just need to encode this and upload it.
Null
ok, leave topic at 4:13 or name to 4:09? will Radix have 4:09?
King of hearts
4:09 baby.  8)

I'll give Radix the new one once I finish encoding.

Oh and the menu stuff was only 5 seconds.  Seemed longer when I was doing it because I was so into the game.
Quote:
4:09 baby.  8)

I'll give Radix the new one once I finish encoding.

Oh and the menu stuff was only 5 seconds.  Seemed longer when I was doing it because I was so into the game.

You gotta love it when you do comments from memory... "I must have lost 30 seconds here!" when it was more like 8.
Edit history:
darkwasabi: 2006-01-24 09:07:39 am
King of hearts
Right now Radix isn't on...  Would it be alright if I just gave you guys the torrent before I give it to him?

Edit:
Er...  sorry, nevermind this post. Tongue
It's-a me, Raven!
We don't care, really.... WHAT AM I SAYING!? GIVE US THE BLOODY THING ALREADY </OVERREACTING>
Edit history:
CannibalK9: 2006-01-24 10:36:19 am
give me your eyes!!!
Whoo, I wondered how you were going to do some of these fights. Aside from the shere-change-grid manipulation (which I only did a coupla times intentionally) - CHARON ABUSE!!!

Marvelous.

Oh, especially when you do it repeatedly like in the Djose temple, that was funny.

Edit: The use of Wring too, can't forget about that. I've always wanted to see those special items used sensibly.
King of hearts
Yeah, I love Charon.  It just looks powerful and kinda funny.  I was extremely surprised at the power of the Wring too when combined with a Black Mage.  Normally people like the Bloodlust better, but then I was experimenting around and found that it makes your atb 0, I had to somehow use this in my run.

Also, the level I had to get the Charon girls up to was level 22.  That's when they have enough Hp, when combined with two Titanium Bangles and double Hp, to do 9999 damage.  Because they needed 2500, then double that to 5000, then double that for Charon's attack and you have 10000 (9999 max damage).  That's why I didn't just kill all of the Aeons up 'till Magus Sisters with two Charons.  It worked out so perfectly.
${$uid.$user}{' usertext'}
I'm eager to see this one.
The game itself is fan service to the extreme, but the final dungeon without decent leveling seemed very hard nevertheless to me.
give me your eyes!!!
Just watched the new seg19. I cannot believe how much faster that Shuyin battle was, I guess it hinged on the frequency of one of his special attacks at the beginning.

Finally and officially, gratz! Grin
Edit history:
darkwasabi: 2006-01-25 04:32:41 am
King of hearts
Shuyin has an attack pattern.  So I saw that the battle can be beaten in 3 turns like that.  The only luck would be that none of those attacks can hit Paine.  So it'd be Strike, Terror of Zanarkand, and Strike.  But I didn't realize I could kill him so quickly because I was so damn nervous the first time.  After a couple of hours always having to reset, that battle just scared me to death.

After reviewing it I saw that the battles didn't rely on luck.  There were only 3 parts that could mess up:

1)  Is if one of those Cores (forgot which one) when fighting the leg uses Break.  But I only saw that once in so many battles, so this was no problem.

2)  Is if Vegnagun Head's Redoubts used Pallida Mors on Paine.  But that's a one in three chance.

3)  Is if Shuyin hit Paine with any of those three moves.  And since that's a one in three chance too, the odds were with me.

The first battle was one I could not lose, as long as I didn't mess up.
secret of mana master.
uh...... is it me or segment 4 is mess up. the sounds don't match and it looks like 3 and 4 were together or something.
yes, segment 4 has some earlier segments sound (at least low quality version)
King of hearts
Oh shit...  I made sure to check them before uploading and asked my friends to too...  Must've neglected LQ. :-[
100% runs=great to watch
Just finished watching the run....man...that's gotta be some kinda record for longest time a character has been poisoned in all of SDA...maybe the world. Grin

Fine run to watch...great job.  I look forward to your future endeavors!
Never give up!
I've only watched up to part 7 so far, although I've got all parts except 15, 18, and 19 downloaded.

Since I've never played the game, I'm going to have to look up the whole deal on 'sphere cycling', which has been quite badly abused to this point.  I'm also waiting for a point where someone's actually going to have to get healed through items or spells - I don't recall seeing that yet, which is somewhat strange to me even in the context of a speedrun.

More comments to come eventually.
I'm addicted to games
LQ part 04 has been fixed.
Null
Amazing job darkwasabi. The battle against Dark Bahamut was sweet victory.

Perhap in future improvement, some battle I watched, seemed long fight when you don't use Menace of the Deep full cycle, maybe compare to see which is quick with or without in certain fight (beside bosses). Charon 2x on Shuyin. Learn Firaga for Paine against Dark Shiva?. With those, possible under 4 hrs, but nothing big.
King of hearts
Quote:
Amazing job darkwasabi. The battle against Dark Bahamut was sweet victory.

Perhap in future improvement, some battle I watched, seemed long fight when you don't use Menace of the Deep full cycle, maybe compare to see which is quick with or without in certain fight (beside bosses). Charon 2x on Shuyin. Learn Firaga for Paine against Dark Shiva?. With those, possible under 4 hrs, but nothing big.

I use Menace of the Deep in every battle as soon as I get it (right before the YSLS-Zero).  I also learn and use Firaga as soon as possible and then get rid of Menace.  You can see me using Fire against the Daevas even though they do nothing, just so I can learn Firaga at the Magus Sisters battle.  Using Fire in those battles wastes no time, since I have to wait for Charon anyway.  If not, I would have learned it after Anima, which would waste time.  If I went and trained to learn Firaga sooner, I would waste much more time then I'd save. 

Also, I can't use Charon against Shuyin because he's faster than the Charon ATB bar.  He can actually go twice before it finishes.  If he gets in one hit on Pain (two hits of Run & Slash), she'd die and I'd get game over adding much more frustration just to save maybe 10 seconds.  If it's even possible, since his next move is Run & Slash (Slice and Dice), the Dark Knights wouldn't have enough Hp to survive it anyway, and Paine wouldn't be able to get in an  item before Suyin's turn.

As I've said before, sub 4 is not possible.
go the mighty swans
Great work.

The only downside is that I want to play through the game again. Damn you!!
Fucking Weeaboo
I had problems with every boss from Bahamut on, and you went and kicked their asses in record time.  Interesting strategy.  Great job.  Grin
Edit history:
AquaTiger: 2008-05-06 03:14:20 pm
Never give up!
Alright, I've got a couple of long single-segment runs under my belt, so this doesn't seem as bad on my confidence as it would have before.

While I'll technically wait to attempt this until I finish my X-Men Legends series runs and Golden Axe 3, I thought I'd get this started so maybe some strategies can be hammered out.

Before I discuss anything, I should note right away that I will be using the North American version of the game.  I thus cannot rely on the Cat Nip (the Japanese version could abuse it).  To this end, my current plan is to pull most of my strategies from the segmented run.  Mostly till about, oh, the end of Chapter 2.  (This also means that I'm a little nervous about the massage mini-game, because if I screw up and don't get it right the first time, that's an instant run-ender - I NEED the Gold Hairpin.)

The Black Mage part of the setup from there stays as it is.  It's the Dark Knight part that concerns me.  Right now, my impression is that abusing Charon like the segmented run does is too risky that late into a long run.  (I might still use Charon when it's a one-hit kill or very, very close to it - my concern is after that point.)

I thus came up with three possibilities off the top of my head (which I told Carcinogen when he brought up the Japanese version run on YouTube):
1) I use Samurai and the tech to focus on is Mirror of Equity.
2) I use Gunners and the tech to focus on is On the Level (which takes quite a while to get).  With this group I also use Trigger Happy to make a combo and boost mage damage.
3) I stick with Dark Knights, but abuse Darkness instead.  (I see this as my most likely option, frankly.)

Yeah, a couple of these are also pretty risky, but unlike the Charon strategy I can make up for bad luck a little more easily (I can revive characters if I must, unlike with Charon).  I see nothing else that even remotely has a chance.

My goal with this would be to get below 4:45, maybe even below 4:30.  I don't see much lower times as accomplishable, even though this is one of those RPGs where random encounters are not a concern for the vast majority of the game.