Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from TEN INCH TOM:
We have actually known about this bug, PsyMarth found it one a gamefaqs forum and then both of us found a few spots to use it in. Check out my run . I have improved the time since then but you can see the first cube I get I actually longjump to a platform that you're not supposed to be able to reach and get a "secret" cube. There are other spots to do it in that are mostly small time savers. Most major time savers with this glitch come in 100% in the sewers.

Ah okay, well I'm glad to hear you guys know about it, I would've been somewhat worried if nobody had found this simple trick haha.
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-06-18 06:03:23 am
keylie: 2013-06-18 02:36:19 am
keylie: 2013-06-18 02:18:08 am
keylie: 2013-06-18 02:06:38 am
Quote from TEN INCH TOM:
If you jump in the last frames before walking off the platform you can do a longjump that is actually a few frames longer. I do it in the runes room extending from the bell tower to skip a large chunk of it and get a cube bit. See this

Yep, I know about that. What I experienced was an instant insane speed jump, nothing compared to the long jumps you are doing in your run Smiley
EDIT: Maybe this is a frame-perfect thing, maybe it's because I jumped just after inputing the sequence for the anticube.
EDIT2: Here is the list of all input sequences for those who want to speedrun the any%. They are in the right order.
basedgod
Patch notes 1.07

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760/discussions/0/864970668183104750/
Quote:
Fixed a shader link error on Radeon X1300
Holding left and right rotation buttons will not make the totem level glitch out anymore
Removed stray trile in the zu library level
Added command line toggle for disabling steamworks : --no-steamworks
Fixed that the "continue game" button would be grayed out if game saved in gomez's house
Fixed rare bug related to the audio system
Fixed occasional texture repeating in the "zoom in" start new game sequence
Fixed crash in puzzle rooms when stacking 4 crates on top of each other
Fixed z-fighting in first person view on some hardware
Fixed wrong cube model showing up in inventory in a late-game level
Fixed warp gate viewport shows up always-on-top when seen in stereoscopic view
Added invert mouse option in settings file
Tentatively fixed audio device detection
Tentatively fixed animated sprites border clamping issue when anisotropic filtering is forced
Very tentatively fixed 5.1 audio redirect to 2 channels
Any% clockless in 32:07, enjoy.
Got trolled by black holes Sad Sad
basedgod
Quote from keylie:
Any% clockless in 32:07, enjoy.
Got trolled by black holes Sad Sad

have you discovered anything about the puzzle skips? as far as I know right now, theyre just a glitch in the game that happens for no reason.
Quote from TEN INCH TOM:
have you discovered anything about the puzzle skips? as far as I know right now, theyre just a glitch in the game that happens for no reason.

I spamed the A button during the loading, and I got both.
basedgod
Quote from keylie:
Quote from TEN INCH TOM:

A as in, the jump button?
Quote from TEN INCH TOM:
Quote from keylie:
Quote from TEN INCH TOM:

A as in, the jump button?

Yes, sorry, I'm using a xbox360 controller.
Ok, I managed to get the skips consistently.
For the tetris puzzle, hold right and mash jump.
For the pentamino puzzle, hold left and mash jump.
I got a new PB of 30:53 (still clockless).
basedgod
yeah i'm unable to get either of the puzzle skips. I tried to farm them for like a good hour (started a new game each time) and was unable to get them by following your instructions. Maybe its because I play on pc with a keyboard? idk but I got a 32:44 without them
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-06-19 02:24:35 pm
keylie: 2013-06-19 02:23:34 pm
keylie: 2013-06-19 02:18:51 pm
Hmm. I did a first run today and couldn't get either. Then I did a second and got it.
I'm wondering... when you start a new game from a saved file, maybe it keeps some stuff from the saved file. Try to finish a run, then start a new game from that run.
I also managed to start a game with an extra cube bit, and the background was black until the first false reboot... To do that, I loaded another slot during the pixelisation at the end of the game, when there is only a white square and a red square.
Edit history:
TEN INCH TOM: 2013-06-19 07:25:18 pm
basedgod
yeah i've been thinking that for a long time keylie. there are alot of issues with starting a new game that i've encountered. Now that I think of it, for all my runs I have been using my 3rd save spot. but about 2 weeks ago when I began speedrunning I used to alter between the three save slots and I used to get the skips every once and a while. So maybe the skips have something to do with starting a new file on top of a file that already has the puzzles completed? i still don't know Sad

edit: this would explain why the bug hasnt been reported, because no one should encounter it unless theyre constantly starting new games and beating it like speedrunners Tongue
It has been a while, but again, I couldn't get any skips from a fresh start. If we can confirm that those skips only happen when starting from a complete saved file, we should ban them, as it is equivalent to a new game+ (even if you don't literally choose NG+).

I propose that to validate a run for the NG category, we *must* erase all saves before starting a new game.
Or just make it a third category.
Quote:
Version 1.08
------------
- FEZ Launch Options UI (FEZ_LaunchOptions.exe) allows you to toggle non-ingame options for troubleshooting
- Added a --no-lighting launch options (accessible with the tool) which disables the lighting pre-pass, and can make the game run smoother on older GPUs
- The game now backs up your save file when finishing a playthrough to the "SaveSlotN_Ending", in case you want to recover it (e.g. if you nuke your progress by choosing Start New Game instead of New Game+!)
- 5.1 audio is now supported, in that everything will play from the front speakers; positional audio in general was balanced and tweaked as well
- Tentative fix for Framebuffer Object errors on Intel and AMD hardware
- Invert look options is now disabled by default, and renamed from "invert mouse" to "invert look" since it affects keyboard and gamepad controls as well
- Fixed the long-jump exploit that used the turn-around animation
- Fixed visual glitch when entering a door right after jumping
- Secret codes can no longer be input during level transitions, which could cause issues
- When "New Game+" is available, choosing "Start New Game" instead will now trigger a warning
- No more OpenGL background context for threaded loading, should resolve the issues that needed the --singlethreaded flag to resolve (long load times). Note that the game now performs much better with VSync set to "Application Controlled" instead of forced On
- Engine no longer soft-limits to ~58fps, no longer needs --force-60hz to hit 60fps (though the flag still results in the smoothest experience)
- Support for 120hz and other refresh rates (logic still runs at 60fps, but game will draw at whatever VSync instructs it to)
- Fixed that faraway places would show up on top of water in some circumstances
- Fixed the NullReferenceException in draw calls during loading (the Starfield bug), which more often than not resulting in a crash after choosing "Continue Game"
- Fixed that geysers tiling would break up at the top
- Credits now align correctly in 1080p
- Fixed threading-related hitch/framedrop when rotating on slower CPUs
- Fixed OpenTK crash if the driver reports a resolution with no bits-per-pixel information
- Fixed a bug where entering both codes in the telescope rooms would only spawn one cube. Please note that the fix prevents the problem from happening in the future, but save files affected by the problem cannot be fixed without manual intervention (i.e. save file hacking). Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Controls screen no longer lets you remap two actions on the same key
- Menus and intro react appropriately to remapped "escape" and "enter" keys
- UI keyboard mappings that used to be forced are now remappable via the settings file
- Fixed crash in main menu after loading save file related to leaderboards handling
Ugh, do any of the places to buy the game host older versions? I had steam set to auto update
The Humble Bundle version is still at v1.07
So here is my new record for any% Clockless, and I believe WR seeing as the puzzle skips are most certainly caused by a NG+ type of deal and runs with those in them are a different category. The time is 31:59.8 http://www.twitch.tv/decidedsloth/c/2789188
I got a 31:5x without the skips a few months ago, but I didn't highlighted it because at that time I didn't know about making it a different category, and it's lost in twitch...
I got a 31:33, still with v1.07.
Edit history:
PsyMarth: 2013-09-09 11:10:54 pm
PsyMarth: 2013-09-09 11:08:29 pm
v1.09 Patch Notes
FEZ v1.09 is now live on Steam, and it should be live on GOG and Humble shortly as well. Here's the change list!

Music streaming thread uses much less CPU time, should drop CPU usage by 50% on most systems
    Added brightness control in video options

Fixed that secret passages would lead to the wrong destination door in some circumstances

Removed the "Start New Game" option from the pause menu upon user request, you can still start a new game form the "Save Management" menu by clearing your current save slot
    Fixed a crash that occurred when using the "flying" code during a warpgate transition
    First-person view mouselook fixed to be able to scroll endlessly instead of being constrained to screen size
    Gomez looks the right way when looking around with mouse drag
    Back, Jump and Start keys now exit first-person view
    Fixed that the credits would jump forwards in 720p and 1080p since 1.08
    Fixed that the sky clouds would randomly appear too dark since 1.08
    Fixed that the "Talk/Back" button on controllers would stop working after exiting the Steam overlay
    Added an "Achievements" menu option for the Steam build
    An error dialog with details and suggestions will pop up instead of silently exiting when an error related to framebuffer objects happens at load time
    An error message will pop-up if the XInput DLL is missing due to bad install of redistributables
    Miscellaneous CPU-wise optimizations
    Fixed and tweaked leaderboard navigation
    Clicking on a leaderboard entry will open the Steam overlay to that user's page

Does anyone know anything about this? Also, thank god that I don't have to worry about flying on warps anymore.

EDIT: Found this, hopefully this isn't the only way this glitch works https://getsatisfaction.com/polytron/topics/shortcut_doors_minor_bugs
v1.10 Patch Notes
Hi all,

It hasn't been that long since 1.09 came out, but it introduced a few issues that needed swift correction (especially with the attention that the Humble Indie Bundle 9 brought to FEZ!), so I just pushed 1.10 to Steam (Windows only) to address those and a few more things :

Fix issue with Gomez being launched in the air in the connective rails industrial level
    Removed stray collision tile in bell tower level
    Added launch option for the game not to pause when exiting focus state
    Fix issues with disabling Steamworks via the launch option (since 1.09)
    Fix for issue with brightness control and the CMY cave (since 1.09)
    Fixed intermittent hang while loading the final cutscene (since 1.08)

Ethan Lee, who ported FEZ to Mac OS X and Linux, is also working tirelessly on an update for those platforms, which will include the fixes above and the problems that were reported for OSX/Linux in particular.

God, these patches just keep coming. Kinda curious as to how someone found out about the high jump glitch (I knew of it, but hadn't made a video yet)

To perform (no vid sorry):

0. Learn a new glitch (Block clipping) (still works in 1.10, apparently)
0a. Hang off of a ledge
0b. Drop off ledge
0c. Immediately after, 180 and press up to regrab ledge
0d. When you change rotation again, you'll be inside the block. (There are some weird properties with this that I'll add later.

1. Block clip a moving platform in the industrial works area.
2. (iirc) Get up and rotate and you'll launch, though if you face a bad angle, you'll crash the game

I'll fix this later
I'm dumb, you don't need block clipping for this, just hang off the ledge of one and rotate, so easy
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2013-10-05 12:54:39 am
The cake is a lie
Hello,

I'm totally new to speedrunning FEZ, and I just wanted to know if something like a written route (Pastebin or such) exists so I can train myself, or if I better have to watch the actual runs to have something to train with ?
I'd like to do the any% clockless at first Smiley

Regards,
Gyoo.
Quote from Gyoo:
Hello,

I'm totally new to speedrunning FEZ, and I just wanted to know if something like a written route (Pastebin or such) exists so I can train myself, or if I better have to watch the actual runs to have something to train with ?
I'd like to do the any% clockless at first Smiley

Regards,
Gyoo.

Agreed. Would there be anything floating around for this game?