Smiley
Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Specifically, the limit is 104 pixels, and the size of each letter/number/symbol is as follows:

3: il,.'
4: 1! space
5: It
6: EFLScfjrs
7: ABCDGHJOPQRTUVXYZabdeghknopquvxyz23567890-
8: KN4&
9: M#
11: Wmw
Edit history:
Essentia: 2014-04-16 09:09:41 pm
Everything's better with Magitek
I don't have the Japanese language DLC for LR, but if you think it would be a good donation incentive, I could get it. However, there are already quite a few donation incentives for LR (I'm still working on getting pics of the different costumes).
Edit history:
rinimt: 2014-04-16 09:12:45 pm
Kupo!
Quote from Essentia:
I don't have the Japanese language DLC for LR, but if you think it would be a good donation incentive, I could get it. However, there are already quite a few donation incentives for LR (I'm still working on getting pics of the different costumes).

My account on PSN has the DLC if you just want to use my PS3 for it (so you don't have to buy it).
That would work. Do you have the Cloud, Yuna, and Aerith costumes as well?
Kupo!
I've got Cloud but no Yuna or Aerith unfortunately. Sad
Well, I want to bring my PS3 anyway, so I'll just go ahead and buy the Japanese voices. djtifaheart, you can go ahead and add language choice (English/Japanese) as a rolling incentive for Lightning Returns.
Fucking Weeaboo
Since I'm the one that suggested this, I'll throw in the $4 for you to get it.

That being said, why didn't you get it when it was free? >_>
Gotta Go Fast!
Updated the Lighting Returns incentives. I'd assume you want Aerith thrown into pool with the Cloud/Yuna garb incentive?

Emptyeye/Nitrodon: Thanks guys. Evermore has been held in previous marathons - I'm thinking of making the limit between 10 - 12; just to be safe. I'll run it by Meta if I can too.
Gotta Go Fast!
Been talking to Poxnor about a cut-off date for incentives:
Quote from Poxnor:
Cutoff for donation incentives of, say, Saturday, with a possible extension to Sunday if people need it.

I know some of you are still working on them so this is just a heads up.
Kupo!
Since we still have a little time to get incentives in:

For SO4: View the "Faize's Welcome" private action. Cut-off is about 11 minutes in (when the first boss dies).
I noticed that "save/kill Shiala" is still listed as an incentive for Mass Effect.  It really isn't worth having there, and was really just an idea I tossed out a long time back.
Gotta Go Fast!
AlecK: Fixed, thanks for letting me know!
We require more minerals
We have a lot of donation incentives with no dollar amounts still and we start on Tuesday, what's the plan for that?
Edit history:
djtifaheart: 2014-04-26 05:28:44 pm
djtifaheart: 2014-04-26 04:55:05 pm
djtifaheart: 2014-04-26 03:36:36 pm
djtifaheart: 2014-04-26 03:09:00 pm
djtifaheart: 2014-04-26 02:22:39 pm
Gotta Go Fast!
I'm working on a couple of them as we speak.

Kingdom Hearts II - puwexil will be letting me know later on today about this one.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Glitch bundle, discussing this one with Poxnor; worked with ffgamer last night to see what they are.
Chrono Trigger - Fighting Gato, I'm expecting a post from Essentia later on today, I'll come up with something if she doesn't have any preference.
Final Fantasy IV - hovercraft glitch, same as above!
Star Ocean - Rin just gave me total amounts for the cutscenes.
Lost Odyssey - talking to Spud right now.
Chrono Corss - Best Ending, feed 100 dragons at a mini-game in Viper Manor; I don't know what total amounts you have in mind for them. Please let me know!
Mass Effect - listen to Liara's amusing dialogue; I'm not sure the total amount for this one either, but it seems like it needs it.
Secret of Evermore - all bosses. same as above.
Legend of Mana - view the opening cutscene, voice act final scene of the storyline: Sir VG, I'm thinking of making the opening scene $200 and the voice acting $300, if that sounds okay, let me know.

I know I've tacked on ones that I've felt needed it and ones that people have spoken up about. Either here or privately.

Which ones are you seeing that I'm not?
Edit history:
djtifaheart: 2014-04-26 06:49:22 pm
Gotta Go Fast!
Alright, heard back from Poxnor on your question Raelcun:

Quote from Poxnor:
If there are any other incentives without amounts, I'm sure we'll be able to sort that out when we enter all the incentives into the tracker.  I don't think it's a big deal.

Lack of sleep got me to panic a bit, so sorry if I sounded that way.

EDIT Cutting off incentives around midnight Arizona time (pretty much US PST).
Edit history:
Poxnor: 2014-04-26 07:16:26 pm
Poxnor: 2014-04-26 07:14:10 pm
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Looked at the donation list, Raelcun.  Most of the incentives don't have dollar amounts attached to them because they're, e.g., naming incentives (highest total wins).  It's only the challenges (fight extra boss, etc.) that need amounts they need to reach.  And yeah, if a few of those are missing a number, we can improvise one when we input it into the tracker.

I'm thinking may a good rule of thumb might be (but am very open to feedback, either agreeing or disagreeing):

~$50 for tiny glitch show-offs
~$100 for doing something extra but that's relatively quick
~$250 for a significant extra thing (extra boss)
~$500 for things like a 100% ending (if it's not just any% vs. 100% bidding war)
~$1000 for something that's really freaking awesome, and probably limited to really, really popular games (maybe we could go this high for, say, Magitech ending for FF6 -- I think that's what we did last year? -- but my default response would be quite leery about going over $500 for anything)

I don't want to short-change us, but I also don't want to set incentive goals so high that they're not met.  Delicate balancing act...
Gotta Go Fast!
You may also want to factor in: where the games are on the schedule when setting the dollar amounts. Final Fantasy IV is the opening while Final Fantasy VI is the closing for example.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Hmm, I'm not sure that's necessary.  I don't want to shortchange people who are playing earlier; and, sometimes some surprise gems pop out that you'd never expect to be the most popular games.  I think where we're really going to see the later games go nuts is with names and with rolling incentives.

I learned last C4L that rolling incentives are pretty much the most amazing thing on the planet.
Edit history:
Essentia: 2014-04-26 10:30:33 pm
Okay, I've finally got the Lightning Returns incentives figured out. For the garb bid war, I've got three options (my daughters helped me come up with these):
Clown Cloud
Black & White Aerith
Pastel Yuna

I also want to do a bidding war for the color of Lightning's dress. I won't limit the options for this, though, because I should be able to accommodate just about anything (for example, watermelon).

Then just some clarification on the other incentives. It would probably be clearer to say "Name the white chocobo". And for the three schemata, the ones I use the most each focus on a different type of ability, so we could call them something like "physical offensive", "magical offensive", and "debuff" schemata.

Edit: Also, the pumpkinhead is its own incentive; it's not part of the bidding war.
Gotta Go Fast!
Thanks, Ess! Let me know if I need to fix anything, think I got everything corrected.
Fucking Weeaboo
The totals for LOM seem fine, especially since there's plenty of time to meet them.
Professional Second Banana
Extra world incentives for KH2 are fine, though I'd like to have the option to do them as bonus content after an Any% run rather than as part of the run itself (ie save before going to the final world, then load after beating the game).  Reason for this is that completing the extra worlds would change my level and stats and probably impact my endgame boss strats; and if after some practice I don't feel comfortable doing the final world that way, I'd rather just do a straight Any% run and then the extra worlds afterwards.
We require more minerals
Quote from Poxnor:
Looked at the donation list, Raelcun.  Most of the incentives don't have dollar amounts attached to them because they're, e.g., naming incentives (highest total wins).  It's only the challenges (fight extra boss, etc.) that need amounts they need to reach.  And yeah, if a few of those are missing a number, we can improvise one when we input it into the tracker.

I'm thinking may a good rule of thumb might be (but am very open to feedback, either agreeing or disagreeing):

~$50 for tiny glitch show-offs
~$100 for doing something extra but that's relatively quick
~$250 for a significant extra thing (extra boss)
~$500 for things like a 100% ending (if it's not just any% vs. 100% bidding war)
~$1000 for something that's really freaking awesome, and probably limited to really, really popular games (maybe we could go this high for, say, Magitech ending for FF6 -- I think that's what we did last year? -- but my default response would be quite leery about going over $500 for anything)

I don't want to short-change us, but I also don't want to set incentive goals so high that they're not met.  Delicate balancing act...

So for Chrono Cross, the Dragons would be $100 and Good ending would be $500?
Quote from AlecK47:
I noticed that "save/kill Shiala" is still listed as an incentive for Mass Effect.  It really isn't worth having there, and was really just an idea I tossed out a long time back.

In case you don't know about it, if you get save ashley/kaiden tied, there's a way to get them both with a ~2:30 detour. Just do this immediately post Virmire. Just a thing to have in your back pocket in case the totals for kaiden/ashley get exactly tied Tongue
I completely forgot about that... good call.  Too bad I forgot about it, because it would have been pretty sweet to have a bid war for which two characters I took with me to the endgame.  If I had one more day I'd set up for it, but oh well. Sad