Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Gotta Go Fast!
Added Pumpkinhead Lightning and thanks for the character limit for the Chocobo.

Also went back and added character names that you can name to:
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, VI and VII. Kept Yuffie and Vincent out since I don't know if Caracarn has plans of putting them in the incentives list.

I'm not sure who you can name for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
Edit history:
Poxnor: 2014-04-02 11:03:32 am
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Thanks for doing this, djtifaheart! Smiley

Don't worry about maintaining the commentary list any game duration in this thread.  I'll keep the commentators and durations up to date on the Google Docs schedule.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Please add to Final Fantasy Adventure an incentive of "Force Poxwife to speedrun a game" as an incentive.
Edit history:
djtifaheart: 2014-04-02 01:55:55 pm
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from Poxnor:
Thanks for doing this, djtifaheart! Smiley

Don't worry about maintaining the commentary list any game duration in this thread.  I'll keep the commentators and durations up to date on the Google Docs schedule.
Believe it or not, this is fun to do. Smiley Glad to help.

As for durations/commentary: I just took your format for that, fixed it though.

Poor Poxwife, but added that as an incentive.

EDIT: If anyone needs a donation total towards a incentive with a cut off point, let me know! See Final Fantasy III and Illusion of Gaia for examples.
Edit history:
FFgamer86: 2014-04-02 02:02:08 pm
SDA Speedruns: 1
Donation Incentives:

Mystic Quest: Blindfolded 1st Crystal: (Start of Game til I kill Flamerus Rex) Been working on this and seems pretty cool idea.

Suikoden:  Here is a list of all the characters for the 6th character that they can choose from. https://www.dropbox.com/s/oysnt5ndctaajs7/Suikoden%20Character%20List.xls
Gotta Go Fast!
Added in both!

The blinded folded run sounds like a really neat idea. Looking forward to seeing it (if it's met!)
That's the list for the 108 star route. I will test the incentive for Any% incase the 108 star donation incentive does not get met and make a list of characters availble for Any% if I am able to do it in that category as well.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Quote from FFgamer86:
Mystic Quest: Blindfolded 1st Crystal: (Start of Game til I kill Flamerus Rex) Been working on this and seems pretty cool idea.

If you decide to offer this, just make sure it's reliable. This one makes me a little nervous. If you can make it reliable, though, that's really awesome.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Poxnor:
Quote from FFgamer86:

If you decide to offer this, just make sure it's reliable. This one makes me a little nervous. If you can make it reliable, though, that's really awesome.

FFMQ has set encounters and not a ton of RNG. So I can imagine it to be very doable.
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from FFgamer86:
That's the list for the 108 star route. I will test the incentive for Any% incase the 108 star donation incentive does not get met and make a list of characters availble for Any% if I am able to do it in that category as well.
Updated the list to reflect this. Thanks for clarifying.
Morrowind has a 30 character limit for player name.  Initially I figured it would be a bonus game, so I hadn't mentioned it.
Gotta Go Fast!
Ah, that isn't a problem. Updated though, thanks AlecK.
I practiced the Blindfolded MQ and it has gone really well. Lot of funny moments and should be able to complete with somewhat ease on stream.  I would like to know if we can add this in as a seperate play from the actual run.  I'd give the blindfolded section a 15 minute estimate. If we add to the 3:00:00 run time. We would end up with 3:15:00. We could do it after a full run as well.
I will get Yuffie if there are enough donations for her name, but I'm not sure about getting Vincent, he's quite far out of the way and it will mess up the encounter pattern. I guess we could set a minimum donation total for Vincent or something though.
something Outrageous? lol
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from FFgamer86:
I practiced the Blindfolded MQ and it has gone really well. Lot of funny moments and should be able to complete with somewhat ease on stream.  I would like to know if we can add this in as a seperate play from the actual run.  I'd give the blindfolded section a 15 minute estimate. If we add to the 3:00:00 run time. We would end up with 3:15:00. We could do it after a full run as well.
To be honest, this is up to Poxnor I feel, if you can add the time to it or not. I'll still put it down as a post-run incentive though.

Cara: I feel like picking up Vincent is up to you. I'm not too familiar with the slots run encounter pattern. Discussed it a little bit with puwexil, if you do pick up Vincent: a possible cut off point could before Midgar on disc 2. How badly would the encounter pattern be thrown off at this point in the game?

I'm also not sure how high/low the donation total should be for Vincent. Were you thinking a couple of hundred or something higher?
Fucking Weeaboo
After a playthough of The Crystal Bearers today, I need to slightly tweak a donation incentive.

Quote:
2nd Player for Shooting Minigame at start (Me doing both controllers is an option) [Cutoff: Game Start]

Change it to:

2nd Player for Shooting Minigame at start and Chocobo Chase Sequence (Me doing both controllers is an option) [Cutoff: Game Start]
Gotta Go Fast!
Updated. Thank you for letting me know, sir.
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2014-04-05 11:37:42 am
We require more minerals
Quote from djtifaheart:
Cara: I feel like picking up Vincent is up to you. I'm not too familiar with the slots run encounter pattern. Discussed it a little bit with puwexil, if you do pick up Vincent: a possible cut off point could before Midgar on disc 2. How badly would the encounter pattern be thrown off at this point in the game?

I'm also not sure how high/low the donation total should be for Vincent. Were you thinking a couple of hundred or something higher?

Picking up Yuffie happens on the world map and doesn't affect the step count at all. If he were to get Vincent he would be taking a massive step count detour by going into the mansion when he normally just runs right past it. Since it requires going all the way down to the basement and back out, he would basically need to re-route the step count from that point of the game onwards.

Basically, it should be a lot more than just a couple hundred, but final stuff on that is obviously up to Cara.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Quote from Raelcun:
[Getting Vincent] should be a lot more than just a couple hundred, but final stuff on that is obviously up to Cara.

Within reason, of course.  Don't forget that we're a smaller event than a GDQ, so we can't start having $5000 incentives.  I'm not up on FF7 running, but I seem to recall that Vincent was more of a detour.  So, it would probably be that Vincent is either (a) not on the plate at all, or (b) only grabbed if name bidding for Vincent reaches a total of at least $500 (?).

And yeah, that's a giant question mark beside the dollar amount.  I think that was the high end of the going rate at C4L 2013 for getting an extra, nameable, out-of-the-way, something-or-other.

But ultimately, it's Cara's choice whether he wants to include the incentive at all.  The only sorts of incentives that I really demand runners include are the obvious ones that don't affect their gameplay or their route (e.g., naming characters that you're forced to get, etc.).  The rest is really what the runner feels comfortable offering.
Gotta Go Fast!
Getting Vincent is a massive detour: He'll be in area where he can get battles - which in turn will throw off the normal step count route. Which is the reason why I suggested the events before Midgar on disc 2. At that point in the game, you'll have Diamond Weapon, then the Midgar Skip (assuming he does it.). The only area with steps after that is the crater on disc 3. So this way, the step count pattern won't be thrown off for over half of the run.

There's also Lost Number in the mansion, an extra boss to get through to pick up Vincent. Cara should have Cait's slots to one shot it, but I feel like it should be tied with the optional bosses incentive as well since you are forced to fight him if you pick up Vincent.

I was thinking $500 as well, but this is up to Cara on the price range and if he wants to do it naturally.
Gotta Go Fast!
Alright: talked to Poxnor and he asked me to put this here.

Quote from Poxnor:
We're not going to have time to do show-off stuff after the games this year.  Plus, it's fairly anti-climactic for something as long as an RPG, to go and do stuff that's just showing off after beating the game (the exception would be, say, a bonus boss that's only available in the post-game).

The general rule should be: either you're comfortable adding the incentive to the run itself (i.e., without having to load some pre-prepared save file nor start a new game), or it's not a great incentive.

FFGamer: Please let me know if you still want the blindfolded run to be on the incentives list or not for Mystic Quest.
Fucking Weeaboo
Well, I do have 3 donation incentives that are all post-game. If he doesn't want post-game stuff, they can be removed and it would bring my time estimate back down to where it was before I upped it. I'm fine either way. Though the cow abduction sequence IS pretty amusing. Smiley
Gotta Go Fast!
Now, I don't know Crystal Bearers all that well, but it sounds like the post-game incentives are only available post-game? If that's the case, I think you're fine - if not, then it sounds like they should come off.

You also have the Heaven's Gate glitch being post-game. This is a tricky one since I know doing it in the actual run will freeze up the game. Thoughts?
Fucking Weeaboo
For LOM, I was planning on showing both variations, so I am planning on softlocking the game. I'll have a save file just before I go to Lucemia which will take but a minute. LOM is gonna mess up the time schedule anyways. Tongue

For Crystal Bearers, there is no post-game stuff, only NG+. But but...COW ABDUCTION. Seriously, we could all use a childish laugh. It'll be udderly delightful.  Smiley [I do not apologize for the UltraJMan style pun.]
I could push any of them to in-game stuff, since none of them are far out of the way or take long to complete (each one is about 5 or 6 minutes). I have spots I can stick them in easily, so if you absolutely don't want post-game stuff, I'll just figure out cut off points.