Smiley
Sad
<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I assume you're using a ps4 to test v 1.0? You didn't find a pc copy, did you?
A PC copy of 1.0? Yeah, no. I am indeed testing the 1.0 stuff on PS4. Apparently PS4 versions only go up to 1.04, btw. That's the newest one.
Edit history:
1670C-beaver: 2015-08-08 10:04:06 pm
Crap. I don't have a ps4, but I take it there's no way to copy those files? Looks like my chances of getting my hands on a v1.0 copy of this stupid game are gone at this point...

Also, could you check the ceiling for the uppermost room in kur? We might be able to drone warp past that barrier if the other one doesn't work, and if that works then we're guaranteed to have the trigger loaded correctly. The downside is that we'll have to get the drone teleport if we use that entrance, whereas I'm pretty sure we could get to the red coat using axio codes from the lower entrance.

On another note, I noticed that elsenova's cutscene triggers queue up in her room if you don't touch them. So, even without performing any unintended skips, you can still get the cutscene where trace comments that she's "looking better" after she's removed herself from the room, leaving a big mess of wires behind. Also, the cutscene right after you grab the axiom disruptor is triggered when you first get it, but the game doesn't revoke your control for a second or so. You can pause the game or even quit to the main menu before the cutscene starts, and it will still play over the menu.

EDIT: wait, I think I misread that. Did you mean the ps4 version got updated to remove drill & drone through walls?
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-08-09 02:34:04 am
ZX497: 2015-08-09 01:28:24 am
ZX497: 2015-08-09 01:06:56 am
Yeah, the PS4 has had the stuff patched out for quite a while. You don't have to install the patch, tho: after getting the game from the store it's still 1.0.

I don't see how the Kur ceiling, or any other location would help getting into E-Kur-Mah. Consider the Drone-glitch to work like this: you can have the Drone spawn at any location that you were already able to spawn it at. Basically you have to first get to where-ever you want to go with it. Well, if your previous drone spawn was in another area, then you can sort of wrong warp with it... but it has the same problem as any other glitches of similar nature: the camera doesn't follow you. So even if you could somehow get right next to either the lower or the higher E-Kur-Mah entrance, the game would crash.

EDIT:

The Kur Roof (E-Kur-Mah entrance room) does not work for the drone glitch. Also, yeah I get what you meant now: if this room would work for the glitch, the camera would already be in the correct room, so the transition shouldn't crash. But like, since drone teleport is needed to even reach the ceiling here, what would the point of the glitch be even if this worked? You'd basically be doing a glitch to enter a location you could just, you know, regularly enter at that point Tongue
Edit history:
1670C-beaver: 2015-08-09 02:18:51 pm
If that ceiling worked, I was hoping we could then find a way to grab the drone teleport without the trenchcoat. We might then have been able to skip the trenchcoat. It's a shame it doesn't work.

Another thing to consider for skips that I've been keeping an eye out for is that you can zip off of breach pockets blocked by glitchable or drillable tiles. So far I haven't found any spots where that could be helpful, but maybe we can get one that lets us skip something in the future. Keep in mind that drone is required to zip off tiles though.

I also tried putting the drone's egg in other "illegal" situations to see what would happen, such as getting it caught in respawning blocks or getting the ukkin-na robot to crush it against the wall. It just despawns. I guess it considers the out-of-map zone non-solid for some reason. No idea why.

EDIT: also FYI trying to zip when there's no empty space above you just makes trace vibrate up and down. Not useful, just a fun fact.
Glad to hear that the ps4 version downloads on v 1.0 by default by the way. I'll probably get one within a year or two, and then I'll finally be able to do a true low% run.
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-08-15 06:17:49 am
ZX497: 2015-08-15 06:12:59 am
Alright so, some stuff I noticed recently.

- If you update the game from 1.0 to 1.4 (ie. apply the patch for the PS4 version), the game will reset the speedrun timer to 0:00:00, while still allowing you to continue a previous speedrun. So, if you ever see screenshots of times as low as one minute or something, that's maybe how those were achieved. The PS4 version doesn't have built-in leaderboards, so, this isn't really a problem per se.

- For some reason when I played the 1.0 version at my friend's place (downloaded it to his PS4), the game kept crashing during the hallucination part after triggering the transition when you see the Clone for the second time. Was completely unable to get past that transition, both in regular and speedrun-mode. It was my first playthrough on this console, and I skipped Grapple and Kilver, so, maybe that had something to do with it? Still very peculiar, cause I had no problems getting past that part on the 9% run I did on my own console.

EDIT:

Ok, so, System Language was the issue. English (United Kingdom) doesn't crash there. Others might.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Loving this thread. Thanks for continuing to post your findings
Hello comrades! I've saw today video about glitching camera through Athetos fight and discovering mysterious room right to last save point, and it intrigued me a lot. So i done some researching and hacking and in result got some intersting info.
First of all i started with looking into game with debugger(i used program called "Dotnet IL editor"), since it is written in C# and could be decompiled pretty easily, i hoped to find something interesting. And a little bit time later i found that game loads archive called "OuterBeyond.EmbeddedContent.Content.zip", during further investigation i found out that this archive is located inside of game .exe file. Next step i tried to disassemble game executable using ildasm tool from Visual Studio 2013, and bingo! - it actually extracted that archive. In archive i found what i looks to be actual game levels in folder /Art/Tilemaps/ - a bunch of files with .tmx extension, which are actually xml files. With help of Google i found that this is map format used in program called "TileEd". When i tried to load map in editor, i found that i need tile textures to do that, so i dig some more,  i found that textures stored in .xnb format in folder "Content". With help of Google i found tool to convert them to PNG format - it called "TExtract" and it actually intended for Terraria game, but since both Terraria and Axiom Verge written using XNA framework that tool works for Axiom Verge as well. And then came the most interesting part - with texture levels loaded pretty much perfectly, and i saw this:

The best part is that you can actually edit level and rebuild game with modded levels! To do that you've got to use tool from visual studio called "ilasm", so i've edit level a little bit to make that area accessible and viola:

Prooved "Hacker" achivement i guess Cheesy
Haha, that's awesome dude! We've been able to get inside that odd chamber before by clipping, but since the camera is locked elsewhere we couldn't quite see what the actual thing looked like.... seems like it was some kind of a boss or something, at least at some point!

Neat stuff.
Hey, since you can check out some areas with that viewer, could you take a look how any of the Passcode Tool areas look like? Like, is the Passcode Tool -revealed door visible in the viewer before the Passcode is inputted? I was theorizing earlier that maybe this was some kind of a super-secret chamber (yeah it's admittedly unlikely) that might be accessible with a password, due to how the layout looks.
I've arranged today all levels into one big map, hope it will be usefull for speedrunners, it has all possible secret world entrances. Here it is -  https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B86CAxTQOEJRd2dMaUdGaEZEelU&export=download - gigantic 20000x9000 pixels 66 megs jpg, it's scaled down 2 times, original was 40000x18000 and took 2 gigs of ram in photoshop Cheesy

Quote from ZX497:
Hey, since you can check out some areas with that viewer, could you take a look how any of the Passcode Tool areas look like? Like, is the Passcode Tool -revealed door visible in the viewer before the Passcode is inputted? I was theorizing earlier that maybe this was some kind of a super-secret chamber (yeah it's admittedly unlikely) that might be accessible with a password, due to how the layout looks.

It looks like game copies tiles from other screen to current thus removing obstacle. In map editor area with obstacles show "as-is" and somewhere nearby that screen is another screen with no obstacles, which is copied into current screen when password activated. Here, for example, the flamethrower room:

Considering there is nothing arround that mysterious room, i'm assuming that it is just undone\scrapped, maybe at some time at development Mr.Happ did not made human faces for Rusalkas and that machine is meant to be Drushka - this thing has similar tentacles, and Drushka itself get mentioned in game, but she didn't made appearence in final game.
Yeah, that one I could see with the camera glitch, but how about the one at the top-left of Eribu? I can't remember there being anything to paste there, at least not nearby.
Quote from ZX497:
Yeah, that one I could see with the camera glitch, but how about the one at the top-left of Eribu? I can't remember there being anything to paste there, at least not nearby.

Probably because "screen" without obstacle is not part of the room, so it's not loaded, but that mysterious area(near endgame) has no room associated with it as well, but we can see it. I don't for sure, maybe game treats that screens special way?
Can you post screenshot of flamethrower room with zoom glitch? I tried to replicate camera glitch by myself, but i can't pass save room in time, and even at all.
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-10-21 02:01:17 pm
http://i.imgur.com/sRIeDjs.jpg

There's plenty of other pictures on page 5.
Edit history:
CrazyRussian: 2015-10-21 04:15:04 pm
Oh silly me, for some reason i kept thinking that flamethrower room is top-left, but you were meaning ikkibu-labiru room, don't you?
Here replacement part, marked in yellow:

Ohh, ok. Thanks a lot for all the info, dude.
Just remembered another thing - "mysterious" sign, here it is, it's "none shall pass" indeed:
Hey I'm learning Any% warpless and the only route I've seen uses that drone glitch that was patched out, anyone have some ideas for working around the skips done with drone?
Uhh, the only part where the unpatched routes ever used the drone glitch (off the top of my head anyway) was to pick up the Trench Coat by coming from the opposite direction. This is actually a very minor shortcut, the alternative is as simple as using the intended route Tongue
Oh really? I could've sworn there were a few others. Huh. Good to know at the very least Tongue
So Cool!  Thanks for all that work CrazyRussian!
Here's a relacement Objects.png I made:
http://axiom-verge.wikia.com/wiki/File:Objects.png
This will help immensely with our work on the Wiki!
Quote from Anapan:
So Cool!  Thanks for all that work CrazyRussian!
Here's a relacement Objects.png I made:
http://axiom-verge.wikia.com/wiki/File:Objects.png
This will help immensely with our work on the Wiki!

I'm glad to do something usefull Smiley
Also, look, mystery solved once and for all:
Wow, yeah this is great. I guess we can finally lay that one to rest now, lol. Nice work, dude! Also it's really cool Tom actually addresses all these findings Cheesy
Oh,  speaking of which, I don't think I ever actually linked this about that "None shall pass" -sign!

https://twitter.com/ZX497/status/630036421429096448