Smiley
Sad
<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Huh, interesting. I wonder what determines whether the glitch will work or not. The breach pocket I tested had a higher ceiling, so maybe the length of the grapple matters.
So for PS4, I managed a 2 block clip with AXIOs, but that was iffy.

I also finished the run for 9% (or 09% say-ith results screen) and I've uploaded a "proof-of-concept" video.  This was segmented out over 3 days, and no recording gear.  I finished it off this morning, as I don't know when I'll get another time to touch that PS4 after today.

This run also doesn't enter breach pockets.

Video:
Picture: http://imgur.com/NkvcR6E

There are a number of technique changes and the run is definitely not as safe as Steam's Lowest% of 10%.

Off the top of my head:
-Jump onto a bullet (less damage) first to run through Telal
-Hacking is more important than killing things because you don't have Kilver
-Ukhu requires 3 hacked bug explosions to insta-kill due to v1.0 being pre-nerf, without Kilver shots prioritize boss over bugs, I had 12 hacked bugs on-screen to kill this guy
-E-Kur-Mah to Ukkin-Na death-warp is consistant, I found that hacking the platform only was easiest and touching Rolly-Polly from sort-of underneath (touching ledge wall) to get a preferred timing and angle method
-Laser (Mar-Uru) enemies are WAY easier in v1.0, but you should still hack them
-Sentinel fight (for time) practically requires you to do the Red Coat horizontal strategy, Exit-Nova safe strat when you have no more health in the room beforehand
-Disco Balls REQUIRE a non-hitting lure strat, you progress slowly up while luring them with Drone downwards.  Don't hack them.  Don't hit them with pre-Drone shot.
-The Athetos ledge requires (what I'll call) the long jump technique to get onto, where you hit Up, then nearly the same frame hit jump then Up to teleport up, your teleport will refresh just in time to do it again

The above is pretty much the changes to a Steam 10% run (or notes, like Telal bullet I-frames.)  Not having the Kilver made me shed a tear for it, but the run was a wonderful challenge.  I'm also very happy that Ukhu was nerf'd because he is by no means casual friendly even on Normal in v1.0.

Also with this post, ends my consistent research on v1.0. Sad
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-07-30 03:31:32 pm
Nice dude, glad to see a 9% done. I feel that run can be very consistent, tho, considering there are numerous death warps that can help you skip a lot of the troublesome areas, ie. the entirety of Mar-Uru Tongue

But yea, definitely awesome to see this done!
Edit history:
1670C-beaver: 2015-07-30 07:30:04 pm
1670C-beaver: 2015-07-30 03:51:38 pm
Great job! Glad to see someone's done this, even if I can't. I don't have a PS4, and I don't know where I could find a copy of v 1.0 for PC.

I do have a couple of notes for anyone attempting this which can improve consistency at the cost of time. Like ZX497 said, you can use the indi platform to warp past all of mar-uru, avoiding some of the most annoying parts of this run. Alternatively, you can despawn the more annoying enemies in your way (this also works for enemies outside mar-uru, of course). Basically you just have to stand where the target enemy will be when the room first loads, then spawn a drone and detonate it in another room. The room will reset when you wake up, but the enemy you were standing near won't spawn. This was the only way I was able to make it up the final room before athetos in my run (I didn't know about the platform warp at the time).

Not sure if you save warped to avoid having to get the grapple, but runners should also keep in mind that you can make it back past the point of no return in zi with just the hi-jump. This means you can feel free to save during your time in zi and kur.

Since ukhu seems to be a big sticking point in 9%, I should mention that I'm pretty sure you can platform warp past him. I've never tested it, but using the indi platform and drifting left should put you in the lowest screen of the drone teleport room. I think. You might get trace stuck in a drone tunnel, but it hardly matters since you can send your drone out to grab the teleport item.

EDIT: I meant the highest screen of the drone teleport room. Still haven't tested it though.
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-07-30 04:00:31 pm
ZX497: 2015-07-30 03:55:03 pm
Platform warping past Ukhu sadly doesn't work for 1.08 at least. The problem is, that you get put inside the boss chamber: if you zip inside a laser-guarded area, such as a boss chamber, the lasers will be there to prevent you from leaving.

The one solution to this could be the "shoot Drone through 1-block thick wall" -stuff from the earlier versions. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, cause the Ukhu-laser is directly hugging the door, but it's worth a shot I guess. Also, if it works, that'd also be a way to take a proper look inside the Mar-Uru "secret chamber".

Also as a side-note, there was a sneak patch for Steam earlier. No glitches were fixed from what I can tell, but Tom corrected the "Assigned to Quick Select 1" -text that played, even if you assigned a weapon to QS2... now, for both quick selects it just says "Assigned to Quick Select". lol.
1670C I wish v1.0 is on PC, but it's only on Tom Happ's machine.  If INDI platform death-warp to bypass Ukhu will work, it will be very hard given the claustrophobia-inducing room the Drone Warp is in.  The collision if done wrong would make Trace zip to the outside of the tunnel.

ZX497 From what I read somewhere, laser wall against a door covers the "switch rooms" event trigger, which arguably means nothing happens unless we get some way to noclip lasers.  Also that the door itself acts as a wall for bullet collision purposes.
Yeah, laser + door should effectively act as a solid wall and nothing more. Still saying, worth a shot, sometimes curiosity and thorough testing is rewarded Tongue
Edit history:
Nulunas: 2015-07-30 06:19:38 pm
Very true. Smiley

Also reading back a bit, the Fat Beam allegedly does not go through enemies or walls.  Unfortunately I don't have it yet and online videos are not exactly confirming much beyond that it exists.

EDIT: Found a video where it went through a Nest.
If you want to test the fat beam for yourself (or any of the secret weapons), you can save some time by using cheat engine to check whether or not you can get it as soon as you start a new file. It'll also tell you which zone it's in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it use the same graphic as elsenova's attack when she kills athetos?
Edit history:
1670C-beaver: 2015-07-30 10:37:38 pm
1670C-beaver: 2015-07-30 10:07:34 pm
So I figured out some more stuff about that drone out-of-bounds glitch I found yesterday. It only works if the breach pocket is against the very left-most or right-most wall in a given zone. The one I used is on the left wall in the first room in kur. The spot the drone appears in when you hatch it is the last in-bounds spot it was in, whether or not that's in the current room. This appears to be the same glitch that was discovered in the grapple room when drone-through-walls was still around, but getting good breach pocket spawns allows us to still do it.

EDIT: if you last droned in a different zone, your drone will of course appear in the current zone with the coordinates it last had. If you haven't used your drone since loading your current game, it will appear at the coordinates of the save room you first loaded from.
Huh, you're right. You can't reach the drone teleport room by warping off the indi platform. That's weird. I guess there must be some rooms hidden above the map in edin or something.
Yeah the Fat Beam uses the same sprite as Elsenova's beam. Also, I wasn't guessing about it going through terrain, I found it, and it does. The damage of the beam isn't actually that great, tho, compared to other stuff... it's still good Tongue

Btw, if you guys have a file with the Heat Seeker, you can turn it into a homing laser by disabling cooldown (AXIO8D OVD6A9). The password-generator lists that code as "Bioflux Accelerator" -cooldown, but it actually modifies the cooldown of most of weapons.
I've been trying to get a breach pocket where the grapple glitch works both ways, and I just got one where I can exit the breach pocket while grappling, but I don't move. The grapple does, though. It stretches clear across the screen...but it doesn't break. Trace just sits completely stationary in his grapple-swinging animation until I detach it. I have no idea how this glitch works.
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-07-31 01:35:44 am
ZX497: 2015-07-31 01:10:03 am
Have you tried reeling yourself in by pushing the grapple button again? Also, it might be cool to make a Steam-group or something for quicker chatting?

EDIT:

There seems to be a deprecated Axiom Verge -group on Steam already. While it is private, you can still join the chat room just fine, so I think I'll be hanging out in there for now.
Edit history:
1670C-beaver: 2015-08-02 12:29:25 pm
Reeling in and out don't do anything. Holding left or right releases the grapple normally.

As for quicker chatting, I guess it depends on when we're generally online. This is usually as late as I'm up; I don't know where you guys live, but it's 3:20 AM here in EST. If we do make a steam group though, someone should still post major discoveries here; it's a nice way to lower the barrier to entry of new runners, and I'd love to see axiom verge get more love from this community.

EDIT: holding the grapple button also does nothing.
Alright, so, got a hold of a PS4, so I now got the 1.0 version as well. Since I can now record stuff, figured I'd actually make a vid of the Camera Glitch.

Beyond that, I noticed quite a lot of interesting stuff about the 1.0 version.

- The game always starts with the Passcode Tool, even without the Konami-code. The Konami-code still makes the sound. Also, speedrun-mode doesn't begin with the tool.
- If you bypass the final boss AI -trigger (upwards tele into the room past the trigger), the core will still be vulnerable. So, you can just kill Athetos without him doing anything... even more broken than the invisible ledge.
- Nova can indeed shoot through walls.

Very nice videos!  I couldn't manage to get Nova thru walls, and I'll have to try it again when I can get my hands on it.

I've been sitting on AV for a while now, just giving tips in Twitch.  I'm considering a Code-Lowest% pathing, as that might make sub-10% possible on Steam.  But I don't think we can skip Kilver...
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-08-07 03:05:31 pm
ZX497: 2015-08-07 02:54:51 pm
Alright so, having finished 9%, I will say this is definitely the easiest low% to date, heh. The lack of any final boss is a huge deal. I think I got lucky as hell against Ukhu or something, cause I managed to hit the quick kill on my second attempt (only took one wave of bees too). I think he does indeed have higher HP, but yeah, wasn't an issue I was expecting it to be.

Not bad at all when compared to 10% on Steam. Lack of Kilver really makes no difference for anything.
Lack of Kilver isn't particularly bad, I personally just realized how reliant I was on it on previous Low% runs.

Yea, after Ukhu, everything is a breeze.  I'm just horrid at going through the Disco Balls. (which got mentioned that they can be skipped, so...)

Also still need to test laptop lagginess with code-clipping.  I just remembered.
Ok, a couple of things I've found in the past few days:

The moving platform glitch works during the drone's detonate animation. Almost all the other actors in the room freeze, but trace retains his x-speed. Vertical collision and gravity seem to still work, so you'll fall if you slide off the platform, but horizontal collision seems to cancel, letting you clip through walls. Since you travel such a short distance though I haven't found any use for this.

I've also been playing around with the grapple some more (desperately trying to break into ukkin-na without labcoat and/or glitch gun 2), and you can get some really weird angles with it by having it attach to something while it's changing direction. If you're standing on the ground, locking your position and turning around while it's attached can also give you a strange angle.  At certain angles in the room accessing ukkin-na from indi, you can actually clip the bottom of trace's sprite through the laser barrier for a frame. I have no idea whether you can get through it all the way; testing that will probably require a tas tool of some kind.

Also, canceling a labcoat teleport by grappling successfully leaves you in the same glitched state as canceling it with a drone.
Edit history:
1670C-beaver: 2015-08-07 08:07:21 pm
1670C-beaver: 2015-08-07 08:06:01 pm
Also, using the drone warp glitch I mentioned in an earlier post, I think it may be possible to break into e-kur-mah without the trenchcoat. We know that touching a zone loading trigger for a room that's not properly loaded will crash the game, but we also know that the last room you were in doesn't fully unload. In version 1.0 of the game, it should be possible to clip the drone out of bounds in the room with the grapple, which could force it to appear in front of the door to e-kur-mah in the room below. Nulunas, next time you get a chance could you do me a favor and test whether or not that crashes the game?

EDIT: I mean of course test whether touching that trigger will crash the game. Doing the drone warp won't.
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-08-07 11:37:49 pm
That does crash the game. I didn't drop the drone to the room from above tho: I just entered from E-Kur-Mah, used the drone in the entrance, then didn't use the drone anywhere else before I triggered the glitch, which caused it to spawn right there. But yea, crashes as usual.

One thing I noticed, is that the drone position carries over from other areas. For example, if the last location of the drone was the save room in E-Kur-Mah, after triggering the glitch I got put into the room where I initially got the drone from when I did the glitch in Kur.

EDIT:

Found another location for the drone glitch. Part of the ceiling in Uruku's room is thin enough for the glitch.
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-08-08 08:12:49 am
ZX497: 2015-08-08 08:02:59 am
On another note, apparently you can infinitely multiply those little blue balls that stick to you (found in Edin). If you use the invincibility-code (AXIOGX XJYCYA), you can actually repeat the process enough times to drive the game to a screeching halt, regardless of your hardware.

EDIT:

Got that motherfucker this time.

http://i.imgur.com/gWReTAr.jpg
Edit history:
1670C-beaver: 2015-08-08 02:03:20 pm
1670C-beaver: 2015-08-08 01:59:57 pm
Yeah, I know that trigger crashes the game if you warp in there normally. My question was whether or not it would crash if that room was the last room you'd loaded before the one you're currently in. We know some information from the room you were just in stays in memory; I doubt the zone trigger is part of that, but I wanted to know for sure. Like I said though, you can probably only do the drone warp in the grapple room on v 1.0, and I can't think of any other spot in the game where you can warp to a zone trigger without completely unloading the room it's in.

By the way, did you do the drone warp in uruku's room on the current version or on 1.0?

EDIT: and nice catch on that out-of-room text.
By the way, you mentioned earlier that you crashed the game by firing the drone without the labcoat. How exactly did you manage to get it? I suspect it's possible with platform warping, but I haven't actually managed to get  it.
Edit history:
ZX497: 2015-08-08 02:47:48 pm
I got the Address Bombs early by using the AXIO-codes (namely clipping through one block above using AXIOUS Y50PTK). That way you can get to the Drone without the Labcoat.

Drone warping in Uruku's room is also 1.0 only, sadly Sad